• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Smokey said:
I sent it out today. The repair place is in Mesquite TX which is like 3 hours from Houston. A friend had his red ring on him a month or so ago and he got his back in one week.
Around holiday time though? I mean one week falls exactly on Christmas. Whatever is decided is cool with me though, just thought I'd point out that waiting to get a 360 back can be pretty unpredictable. Whatever we do obviously I won't be playing CPU. I took my lumps when Crow was having connection problems and played Luke despite Crow gentlemanly offering me to finish against the CPU so hey. No Rors or LJ though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Oh hell. :lol

These games are too imporant to let the CPU play them in place of the defending super bowl champ trying to make a last push into the playoffs to defend his crown.
I hate to agree with a Packer fan, but in this case, what would be a fair solution?

I nominate myself to play with the Chargers. ;)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AstroLad said:
Around holiday time though? I mean one week falls exactly on Christmas. Whatever is decided is cool with me though, just thought I'd point out that waiting to get a 360 back can be pretty unpredictable. Whatever we do obviously I won't be playing CPU. I took my lumps when Crow was having connection problems and played Luke despite Crow gentlemanly offering me to finish against the CPU so hey. No Rors or LJ though.

Sounds like a job for me!

DCX

DCX
AstroLad said:
I think it's only right i play as the Chargers :)

DCX

Mrbob

I think we should wait for smokey to get his 360 back before moving on. It is christmas next week anyway and people will be busy.

Or we could force him into buying a new system early, feeding the MS system more and more.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Mrbob said:
Or we could force him into buying a new system early, feeding the MS system more and more.
I bought a new system for a FIFA league once. Gave my refurb to a friend when it came back.
F20041.jpg

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
Bob, no way you win. You will most likely throw 7 ints trying to pass to your TE all game, I'm sure CB will actually try to cover Oslen in a playoff game.

Luke, what times are good for you to beat up on the Texans?

Late tonight (around or after 10 pacific) or not till Saturday I'm afraid.

DMczaf said:
I can play tonight

K any timeframe? I'll probably be home early today, 4-4:30 est. Also please try and not destroy me as badly as ramirez did kthx

as for smokey, its the holidays we were probably going to have to delay week advance dates anyways, so in the spirit of the holidays I say just wait.

daw840

Mrbob said:
I think we should wait for smokey to get his 360 back before moving on. It is christmas next week anyway and people will be busy.

With how important these last few games are, I would be for delaying the advance for Smokey. We have been very fortunate for these last 2 seasons with 360 failures, and with Christmas coming it's going to be delayed anyways.

DCX

DCX
I agree with delaying this as much as possible for Smokey, even though i just wanna keep the train moving! Smokey, are there any friends you have that may let you play your game at their crib?

DCX

daw840

Nightz said:
I would feel awkward going to a buddy's house just to play a Madden league game. :lol

I've done it!:lol

A few times actually. I used to do it all the time for the last NBA 2K league.

Mrbob

:lol

Wellie back to his old tricks!

And yes, since I do have a small playoff shot and I need the chargers to beat some teams in my crosshairs that is a reason I would like to wait! I have looked at things though, and even if I would somehow sneak into the playoffs my run is probably short.

I play Green Bay the final week of the season, and if I beat AT somehow (I haven't defeated him once yet) and snuck into the playoffs as a 6 seed with the magic hat pull, that would put him to the 3 seed and I would have to play him again right away.

I'm trying to think of a scenerio where I could actually defeat AT back to back and I don't see one. :lol

Smokey

DCX said:
I agree with delaying this as much as possible for Smokey, even though i just wanna keep the train moving! Smokey, are there any friends you have that may let you play your game at their crib?

DCX

I just got off the phone w/ a friend. He's gonna bring his 360 over tonight. So I'll try and transfer my GT over to his system, and should be able to play my game against Story tonight...if he is available.

Fifty

sableholic said:
as for smokey, its the holidays we were probably going to have to delay week advance dates anyways, so in the spirit of the holidays I say just wait.

daw840 said:
and with Christmas coming it's going to be delayed anyways.

If Christmas is the only time of the year in which people assume that the league is going to get delayed, then I declare that it is in fact the least wonderful time of the year.

daw840

Smokey said:
I just got off the phone w/ a friend. He's gonna bring his 360 over tonight. So I'll try and transfer my GT over to his system, and should be able to play my game against Story tonight...if he is available.

Why don't you just put your HD into his 360?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Smokey said:
I'm sure other people have more experience with this but I'm pretty sure it's easiest if you just swap in your hard drive.

Smokey

It appears that I will be a victim of being in the AFC Best. Even if I win out, that's 11-5 and I need a bunch of other scenario's to fall in place for me to get in. Looking at those ahead of me for Wild Card spots losing 2 out of 3 games. If I lose another game it's definitely a wrap so failure is not an option!

That's all I can do for my situation, is there anybody that is relying on the Chargers to win to keep their playoff hopes alive?

LukeSmith said:
I like Smokey and all, but delaying the league is excessive. Let an elite fill in for him.

:(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Smokey said:
It appears that I will be a victim of being in the AFC Best. Even if I win out, that's 11-5 and I need a bunch of other scenario's to fall in place for me to get in. Looking at those ahead of me for Wild Card spots losing 2 out of 3 games. If I lose another game it's definitely a wrap so failure is not an option!

That's all I can do for my situation, is there anybody that is relying on the Chargers to win to keep their playoff hopes alive?

I don't know, but the AFC in general is going to be all kinds of fucked up. Right now, it seems the wildcards is between Ror, me, Fifty, and you. Then, throw in the closeness of the race between Fifty and Ram, and whatever might happen in the Bird/Luke division. One of them could make the playoffs as a .500 team, while 1 or 2 10 win teams sit out :(

Nevermind that 2 or 3 of the playoff teams in the NFC will be close to .500 teams...

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:

:(
I need you to beat the Cards, that's all...

DCX

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
:lol

Wellie back to his old tricks!

And yes, since I do have a small playoff shot and I need the chargers to beat some teams in my crosshairs that is a reason I would like to wait! I have looked at things though, and even if I would somehow sneak into the playoffs my run is probably short.

I play Green Bay the final week of the season, and if I beat AT somehow (I haven't defeated him once yet) and snuck into the playoffs as a 6 seed with the magic hat pull, that would put him to the 3 seed and I would have to play him again right away.

I'm trying to think of a scenerio where I could actually defeat AT back to back and I don't see one. :lol

You aren't getting into the playoffs.

Smokey

LukeSmith said:
You aren't getting into the playoffs.

LukeSmith said:
There's no reason for him to hope or care about your impossible dream.

gun.jpg

shots
fired

edit: holy crap bob actually does have a small chance to get into the playoffs at the #2 wildcard spot.

this makes me angry

Mrbob

LukeSmith said:
There's no reason for him to hope or care about your impossible dream. I'm sorry, friend. Maybe next year!

My first round draft pick is his! The more games I win, the worse pick he gets!

But yes, I am setting the tone right now for next season regardless of what happens at the end of this year. :D

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
gun.jpg

shots
fired

edit: holy crap bob actually does have a small chance to get into the playoffs at the #2 wildcard spot.

this makes me angry
I believe i have the inside track. I need to win out against Ram and DM to guarantee it but a split and i still can make it in, especially if they rest starters for the playoffs.

DCX

DMczaf

sableholic said:
K any timeframe? I'll probably be home early today, 4-4:30 est. Also please try and not destroy me as badly as ramirez did kthx

Any time is good

Wellington said:
Whatever we do I am fine with.

Plus.... I would get more time to prep for the match of the millenium versus DM.

2v7vupi.jpg

feba1034066de10c2bd9061b7a619974.gif

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
well it seems like if smokey can play his game with story tonight and then with me on saturday (or whenever we advance, I am pretty open Saturday) then that would be ideal. As I noted about though I'm grabbing a flight out Sunday at 4 and then out on business until Wednesday, so it'd have to be some time Saturday or Sunday morning.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LukeSmith said:
Late tonight (around or after 10 pacific) or not till Saturday I'm afraid.

I'm up all night so that shouldn't be a problem.

1 am est madden showdown!

Just post in here around 10 pm pacific if you can still play.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
well it seems like if smokey can play his game with story tonight and then with me on saturday (or whenever we advance, I am pretty open Saturday) then that would be ideal. As I noted about though I'm grabbing a flight out Sunday at 4 and then out on business until Wednesday, so it'd have to be some time Saturday or Sunday morning.
Oh cool so you will be nice and relaxed for when you come back and get destroyed by me in round 1 of the playoffs.

Cards 23 - Giants 16.

Never forget.

Smokey

AstroLad said:

I dunno about Saturday. The friend that is bringing over his 360 tonight is heading off to play pro basketball overseas on Thursday, and will probably take his 360 with him. I'll let you know what happens though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Why do you need Smokey to beat me? Someone has to win the NFC West, much to Lonestar's chagrin.

I think pretty much at this point the league can pray together that FMT loses out, especially with all the disrespecting of his upcoming opponents he has been doing behind the scenes (saying they have no chance and things about their mothers and the like which cannot be reprinted here).

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Somnia defeats FMT.

Smokey beats Astro.

Ram and DM win against DCX.

Perfect storm.

I'm tempted to lose that game just to stop Sony's HNIC aka MrBob from getting into the playoffs. If I can't get in, nothing would bring me more pleasure than keeping you out. i will never forget the cockblock you did to me in nba2k9. never.

TheCrow

AstroLad said:
Why do you need Smokey to beat me? Someone has to win the NFC West, much to Lonestar's chagrin.

I think pretty much at this point the league can pray together that FMT loses out, especially with all the disrespecting of his upcoming opponents he has been doing behind the scenes (saying they have no chance and things about their mothers and the like which cannot be reprinted here).

Plus I heard FMT is a racist. :(

Smokey said:

I may or may not be available tonight. I have to go to my wife's work christmas gathering tonight so I do not know when I will get home.

Give me your AIM name if you have one and I'll shoot you a message if I get back at a reasonable time. If not, I'll definitely be available tomorrow evening.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Smokey said:
I dunno about Saturday. The friend that is bringing over his 360 tonight is heading off to play pro basketball overseas on Thursday, and will probably take his 360 with him. I'll let you know what happens though.
Ah okay I guess we might need a sub in that case then or some other fix.

Unless we advance tonight and you can play both games then!

:)lol)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:

Don't get me wrong I would rather play FMT and not have Darnell Dockett up my asshole the second I snap the ball, but I am out for blood against you. I want to end Kurt Warner's career and make Brenda swoon. I want to see Fitz go out on a stretcher. I will crush Will Barkley's spirit to play football for injuring Sir Eli.

All hitsticks all day, NO MERCY!!!

daw840

Wellington said:
Don't get me wrong I would rather play FMT and not have Darnell Dockett up my asshole the second I snap the ball, but I am out for blood against you. I want to end Kurt Warner's career and make Brenda swoon. I want to see Fitz go out on a stretcher. I will crush Will Barkley's spirit to play football for injuring Sir Eli.

All hitsticks all day, NO MERCY!!!

Damn it. Why can't I quote your avatar?!?

Top Bottom