• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Luke, I still might be able to play. My connection seems ok now, but I'm going to test it out for a good solid hour playing borderlands to make sure it's ok.

Again I'll post in here if everything is good.

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
Luke, I still might be able to play. My connection seems ok now, but I'm going to test it out for a good solid hour playing borderlands to make sure it's ok.

Again I'll post in here if everything is good.

Aight, I'm finishing up here at the office and should be home around 930-945.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Luke, I played Borderlands with no issues so I'll be free to play.

Just post in here when ready and I'll log on.

almost 1 am here, I'll blame my loss on being tired :p

BigAT

Phew. GG Wellington.

Interceptions by my defensive line entering tonight's game - 0
Following the game - 2

I managed to get up early 21-0. The third touchdown came after I brought pressure up the middle and Eli got hit as he was throwing the ball. Cullen Jenkins somehow came away with it and took it back. (I can't upload highlights right now for some reason)

After this though, he started shutting down my offense and my defense was all sorts of tired after being on the field for nearly the entire first half. The Giants scored two touchdowns in the last 2:30 of the half to get within 7. Wellington eventually got another late in the third quarter to tie it up. I eventually managed to get a field goal through to get up 3.

The Giants were driving late looking to tie/go ahead, when all 337 pounds of BJ Raji dove in front of a pass that looked like it was thrown behind Kevin Boss and picked it off. I burned a little clock and managed to pin Wellington at his own 4 with a punt and thankfully he was unable to do anything after that.

I was able to force two fumbles off of Jacobs, both coming from my rookie DT Nehemiah Ford. He has 16 tackles on the season, 4 of which are forced fumbles. I guess a 25% forced fumble rate is what happens with a 99 hit power rating.

though my season is lose, i will get a chance for sweet revenge against the packers.

i didn't forget our overtime thriller last year.... english is here to clean up the MISTAKES of the past!

Matrix

K i'm already on so just send an invite when you log in

Man I'm going to end this season on a 3 game losing streak.... I can feel it

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
though my season is lose, i will get a chance for sweet revenge against the packers.

i didn't forget our overtime thriller last year.... english is here to clean up the MISTAKES of the past!

You'll be doing DM a favor though. Do you really think you can handle that?

CB3 said:
I haven't played that in months. Get at me in street fighter 4 and we'll see what's up

ill log on right now motherfucker! i dont know why you would want to play me in that, i owned you when it came out too.

and lets not speak about marvel vs. capcom 2.... jesus

Matrix

GG Luke, but I seriously don't get this game sometimes.

I was called for 4 offensive holding calls running the ball in one game and I have been called for one maybe in all the games I have played as the Texans or hell all the games I played as the Chiefs. It made me give up running the ball for awhile, that and the two fumbles.

I also thought the stupid patch was supposed to get rid of the knock the QB for an int bs instead of a sack.

Also wtf is with the injuries, half the time I can never get in sync on O because key players will get injured on and off all game long.

Kris Brown sucks.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I beat you 4-3 cause you got thrashed the last round and bitched out before the damage could get worse

DMczaf

I thought I was screwed in the 1st half, 3 fumbles and I couldnt stop your pass. Game settled down for a nice low scoring affair.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
those fumbles were pretty wild. one was a nice hit stick one but the other two were pretty random (i think one was a strip button one but the other one was out of the blue). kurty also had a couple of throwing while being sacked ints too. at a minimum at least i got to have a bit of fun with dockett

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Game settled down for a nice low scoring affair.

gundy.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I just noticed i beat CK in the fantasy football playoffs. He isnt beating me in any football this season

Smokey said:
So I guess story and I aren't playing tonight :(

Sorry man. The wife wanted to go out with her coworkers afterwards and I was the DD. I couldn't exactly say no because I need to play a game of Madden.......well, I could have, but I value my life. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
Phew. GG Wellington.

Interceptions by my defensive line entering tonight's game - 0
Following the game - 2

I managed to get up early 21-0. The third touchdown came after I brought pressure up the middle and Eli got hit as he was throwing the ball. Cullen Jenkins somehow came away with it and took it back. (I can't upload highlights right now for some reason)

After this though, he started shutting down my offense and my defense was all sorts of tired after being on the field for nearly the entire first half. The Giants scored two touchdowns in the last 2:30 of the half to get within 7. Wellington eventually got another late in the third quarter to tie it up. I eventually managed to get a field goal through to get up 3.

The Giants were driving late looking to tie/go ahead, when all 337 pounds of BJ Raji dove in front of a pass that looked like it was thrown behind Kevin Boss and picked it off. I burned a little clock and managed to pin Wellington at his own 4 with a punt and thankfully he was unable to do anything after that.

I was able to force two fumbles off of Jacobs, both coming from my rookie DT Nehemiah Ford. He has 16 tackles on the season, 4 of which are forced fumbles. I guess a 25% forced fumble rate is what happens with a 99 hit power rating.

At the end of this one I felt that I couldn't do anything else to win this game, just bad luck all around.

I haven't given up a long screen pass until Luke got me with one that he was basically setting up all game. I love to blitz but the OL runs out to block so early that I snuff out screens with Tuck. The first TD, the screen to Grant, was painful.

I played you once before the franchise started and you ran with the Giants playbook and blitzed the hell out of me with plays that I run on D. I planned on running a two TE set all game and going max protect when necessary. With Beckum at 84 speed I felt had a significant advantage. After going three and out in my first drive I abandoned that shit and just said fuck it I am going deep. The reason I wanted to go two TE is that your CBs are insane. Al Harris has a 98 PRS rating, I thought Nicks would never get off the line and that was the case all game, and Woodson is 93 ovr with 90 PRS so Smith was going to have trouble too.

I ended up having no trouble moving the ball. Those two picks were complete BS. I don't have both replays available but the ball literally magnetized into Cullen Jenkins hands. On top of that the pick by BJ Raji would never ever happen in real life. I was actually going to Manningham who was running an in pattern 5 yards behind Boss's drag. I didn't see Raji drop into the zone but he really should not be able to make that play. Two ints by DTs one returned for a TD. Yes, fuckin' DTs. Add to that two fumbles by Jacobs who has a 95 carry rating. WTF should I have used Brown with the 96 carry rating instead!?

I knew what I wanted to do on defense, and outside of the screen pass I executed it. You love the slot receiver and it showed more than in your stats with passes to Jones and then moving Jennings into the slot for three consecutive receptions. Prior to the game I was considering moving Webster into the third on my depth chart so that he'd be on your slot guy and never let him get off the line.I never did it because I thought you'd run more passes out of 2 WR sets and didn't want him out against Driver/Jennings. Turns out I was way wrong and you only passed out of the 3-1-1. I wanted you to run with Gardner as much as possible because I thought I could force a fumble (71 CAR) which I ended up doing.

It was a heavyweight battle for sure and I bet you thought I'd fold up after going down 21-0. I should have scored more, but the two turnovers in the redzone were killer. Manning was 14/20 until the last attempted drive in which AT's D stepped up.

So now I want a piece of Astro and BigAT in the playoffs.

Clint Sintim could be a 85+ rated LB next season.

daw840

I can't log in to the website from work, or at home right now (god damn sony) but do I need to play a game this week? Or was the eagles game for this week? I am so confused.:lol

daw840 said:
I can't log in to the website from work, or at home right now (god damn sony) but do I need to play a game this week? Or was the eagles game for this week? I am so confused.:lol

you play the lions (dhskillz) and then me!
what is the status of the rest of the games?

daw840

I can play at 4:30pm CST and for the next few hours after that. I will be on L4D2 all night so just message me over XBL Dskills.

He's not banned is he? I don't remember seeing him post for a while.

TheCrow

Sorry guys but I'll only be able to play from Friday on. Just finished an Econ final and now I need to study for my last final, in calc :( Of course I still have to see if madden will play nice with my internet at home.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
daw840 said:
I can play at 4:30pm CST and for the next few hours after that. I will be on L4D2 all night so just message me over XBL Dskills.

He's not banned is he? I don't remember seeing him post for a while.

I can play Madden at 5. Then I can take out my aggression on L4D2 from the loss.

daw840

dskillzhtown said:
I can play Madden at 5. Then I can take out my aggression on L4D2 from the loss.

That works GREAT. I will take out my aggression with you in some L4D2 since I just bought it yesterday!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm up for some L4D2 tonight too. Haven't played it yet. Just gotta get the timing for the game with Striker, and I'll be ready to go.

Mrbob

daw840 said:
Hell yeah. Playing with the CPU is some bullshit. They just slightly more dependable than MrBob!

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, I'm a L4D pro I have to carry all you n00bs in my matches. :D

I'll be home tonight around 9cst to play if people want to get their L4D2 on.

daw840

Mrbob said:
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, I'm a L4D pro I have to carry all you n00bs in my matches. :D

I'll be home tonight around 9cst to play if people want to get their L4D2 on.

2hx14ax.jpg

You know it's all in good fun Bob! You're just the league punching bag!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Might just be me, but my thought of Bob playing L4D involves random Cliff Clavin quotes being shouted in my headset.

But as long as he doesn't pull a Cliff Clavin against Zombies, he could be useful.

Top Bottom