• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

sableholic said:
can't tell from the replay, but holy crap you think you dropped back far enough. you are 15 yards from the line of scrimmage

Had to do the old school drop back to get enough time. I was waiting on Chambers to get open on that route and Story had been doing a good job all game getting pressure on Rivers.

storybrook said:
Is Smokey complaining about a play from our game? Pull the golden horseshoe out of your ass and deal with it.

:lol

I am dealing with it, I won the game and I'm just asking a question. That was a big play at that point in the game and for whatever reason I was not able to challenge the play despite being outside the 2 minute mark. When it happened I thought maybe Chambers dropped the ball and that was why the game wouldn't let me review the play, but when I looked at the replay that was not the case.

And just because I won that crazy game doesn't mean I can't ask a question about something btw.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
smokey i'm gonna pull that horseshoe out of your ass AND BEAT YOU OVER THE HEAD WITH IT

Brock-Lesnar25.jpg

Birdman02

Smokey said:
mayyyyyyyyyyyybe.

may have to play tom mornin/afternoon, but maybe.

Can somebody tell me how this his not a catch? This happened in my game against Story last night

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14516829

It's hard to tell because of the quality, but Chambers caught the ball. In addition to that he got both feet in, but after the play the game wouldn't even let me challenge the call and it was outside of the 2 minute mark. Probably the best damn ball shitty Rivers has thrown for me all season, and for some reason the game wouldn't count it :/

Tough to tell from the angle, but it might be because he was getting tackled while making the catch, so he has to control it all the way to the ground (if Madden even understands that). It looks to me like the ball came out when he hit the ground.

I can't remember if that kind of play is reviewable in the real NFL.

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
Tough to tell from the angle, but it might be because he was getting tackled while making the catch, so he has to control it all the way to the ground (if Madden even understands that). It looks to me like the ball came out when he hit the ground.

I can't remember if that kind of play is reviewable in the real NFL.

I thought so too, but if you look at it the ball doesn't come out until he drops it at the end because he is getting off the ground.

Oh well, I just thought it was strange that I couldn't challenge the play.

Rorschach said:
:lol

btw- you should have used sideline angle. Wire cam angle looks out of bounds to me... one foot in.

That's what it looked like when the play happened. I thought he was going to challenge it and lose a timeout.

Smokey said:
And just because I won that crazy game doesn't mean I can't ask a question about something btw.

It does mean that I can still be bitter as hell about it which will include making smart ass remarks! :p

Madden....
serious bidness!

Smokey

storybook77 said:
That's what it looked like when the play happened. I thought he was going to challenge it and lose a timeout.

It does mean that I can still be bitter as hell about it which will include making smart ass remarks! :p

Madden....
serious bidness!

So we can agree that I should've at least had the ability to challenge that play right :p. I didn't mention it last night, but on that 3rd and long play in the 4th you picked up 11 yards and it was 4th and inches. I really thought you were going to go for that because of how well Jackson was running and probably would've gotten it with ease. I know field position probably had a lot to do with it, but the game probably would've been over (and my season too) if that was converted.

As a side note, MS received my system and it is being "repaired" now.

daw840

Hmm, I wonder if now that we are playing in the winter time if any of our games are going to be in the snow. Has anyone had any inclement weather games?

Smokey said:
So we can agree that I should've at least had the ability to challenge that play right :p. I didn't mention it last night, but on that 3rd and long play in the 4th you picked up 11 yards and it was 4th and inches. I really thought you were going to go for that because of how well Jackson was running and probably would've gotten it with ease. I know field position probably had a lot to do with it, but the game probably would've been over (and my season too) if that was converted.

As a side not, MS received my system and it is being "repaired" now.

I thought about it but I knew if I didn't make it, you'd have a really short field against my defense who almost always fails me in the 4th quarter. Turns out they weren't the ones to lose the game for me this time. I think I was at your 39.

I would've challenged the last fumble since I couldn't tell and it was the final nail but it was under 2 minutes.

Mrbob

I have not, but I do have two more home games to go.

A couple soldier field games have been in the rain (it was pouring in my game versus the saints), so maybe we'll get some snow to play in!

Nightz

daw840 said:
Hmm, I wonder if now that we are playing in the winter time if any of our games are going to be in the snow. Has anyone had any inclement weather games?
My last game had a little bit of snow, nothing too major though.

guys i am thinking of advancing the week after this weeks games are done, and then "shutting the league down" until after the first of the year. im not committing to that for certain, but i hate the idea that ANY playoff games or games with playoff implications would be left in the hands of the CPU or sim game. LJ mentioned he has company over for the holidays, i'm sure others do as well.

what are your thoughts, league members?

p.s. i had HEAVY rain against the rams, right around the time it was raining here in CA

Mrbob

I'm playing through Dawn of War 2 again before the expansion is out in March so I'm ok with this!

Give me time to play other games instead of Madden for the holidays.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I cant tell you guys how depressed i was over that loss against birdman. i refuse to feel like that again this season. Im crushing people from here on out.

daw840

CB3 said:
I cant tell you guys how depressed i was over that loss against birdman. i refuse to feel like that again this season. Im crushing people from here on out.

And I can't tell you how depressed I am to go from a 12-4 season to a 4-12 season.

*tiniest violin*

CB3

Mrbob said:
5 ints, so much for your offensive prowess at making proper reads.

Like 2 of those were from angry passing when the game was over to try to make the score look more respectable. and 1 was pass interference or holding on Brandon Marshall i swear that shit should have been a penalty.

Brandon really fucked me that whole game come to think about it. The rook was the only one making plays.

TheCrow

AstroLad said:
is PI/defensive holding even in the game? :lol

I've had PI called on me twice in the same game when I was controlling the FS but I have never seen the cpu commit penalized for those penalties.

CB3

AstroLad said:

Its not. I see my guys get bumped and my DB's and LB's bump people way past 5 yards and its never called. Unless you tackle the guy before the ball gets to them.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, I've seen my receivers get caught on a defender, and rode 15+ yards up field, unable to attempt whatever movement the were going to do. Even throwing at them does nothing, in reguards of getting the refs to throw a flag.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I don't care either way if the league is shut down a while. Only advantage I get out of it is the time to create a special strategy guide on how to beat CK.

CB3

Matrix said:
I don't care either way if the league is shut down a while. Only advantage I get out of it is the time to create a special strategy guide on how to beat CK.

make his 250 pound linebacker fumble on an INT return with a 5 foot 9 200 pound RB

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think it would be cool if we could still do the regular Wed. advance this week and then just extend what would be next Saturday's deadline to the following Wed. I think that's pretty similar to the proposal on the board anyway.

CB3

AstroLad said:
I think it would be cool if we could still do the regular Wed. advance this week and then just extend what would be next Saturday's deadline to the following Wed. I think that's pretty similar to the proposal on the board anyway.

i like this plan

DCX

DCX
AstroLad said:
Agreed!

DCX

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
I've seen it called once on the AI. Most of the time, they're allowed to fuck with my WRs like 15 yards out. It's not bump and run, it's more like the line OL/DL play, but backwards. My shitty WRs get pancaked. :(

Smokey

AstroLad said:

u r genius

listen to this man

AstroLad said:

concurred

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Easy, force turnovers. I am extremely confident in my offense.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
anyone wanna scrim while we wait for the advie?
I'm about to run out to get a pizza (no one delivers in the south Bronx, something about delivery boys getting mugged...) I will be back in an hour if you are still game.

Top Bottom