• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

bluemax

Banned
So we aren't advanced? I'd like to get my game in either tonight or tomorrow as I'm moving this weekend. Also I might not be able to play my last game because Verizon sucks dick and might not get internet to my new place until January. Worst case I'll leave my router, monitor and 360 at my old place and come back to play.

TheCrow

bluemax said:
So we aren't advanced? I'd like to get my game in either tonight or tomorrow as I'm moving this weekend. Also I might not be able to play my last game because Verizon sucks dick and might not get internet to my new place until January. Worst case I'll leave my router, monitor and 360 at my old place and come back to play.

No advancement. Some people are holding the league up. We might advance tomorrow.

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
Yeah, I'll be able play.

Edit: Rors are we still going to run with our B-teams?
Hell no. Now I gotta win. Or else I'd just let you play the CPU because I don't want to hold up the league and you don't seem to have a problem playing the AI. :p

Last seen playing Madden. I'm on to you!

Smokey

I'll upload the replays that I saved. Basically I couldn't do anything all game. Turner fumbled at the 1 yard line, Phelps dropped a wide open pass that would've probably been a TD. Broken tackles by just about everybody on the Rams. It was crazy.

And then the 4th quarter hit. I started off the quarter good by scoring within 2 minutes brining score to 20-7 w/ 8 mins left. I took my friends advice and kick it regular instead of onside. The first play I mash on the strip button and get the ball out of Jackson for a TD. 20-14. On the kickoff I meant to take control of English to try and Hit Stick the return guy for a fumble, but instead I chose my kicker. Oh well. I follow returner to make a play, use the hit stick, take his legs out, fumble..TD. 21-20. Next series he moves down the field b/c of my terrible defensive calls. Catches a play at about the 20 breaks one tackle, I come in with the 2nd defender and mash on the strip button and sure enough the ball pops out. Game.

We were over here fuckin screamin the whole time. I could not believe what just happened. Down 20-0 in the 4th and come back and score 28 pts in one quarter to keep my playoff hopes alive. My friend over here was watching the whole time and kept saying I cannot believe what just happened :lol .

Story played a damn good game too and was pretty much moving the ball at will until that 4th quarter.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
Hell no. Now I gotta win. Or else I'd just let you play the CPU because I don't want to hold up the league.

Fuck that. I'll let you play the cpu. Just watch the hit sticks please. And let Moreno get at least 100 yards.

Smokey said:
I'll upload the replays that I saved. Basically I couldn't do anything all game. Turner fumbled at the 1 yard line, Phelps dropped a wide open pass that would've probably been a TD. Broken tackles by just about everybody on the Rams. It was crazy.

And then the 4th quarter hit. I started off the quarter good by scoring within 2 minutes brining score to 20-7 w/ 8 mins left. I took my friends advice and kick it regular instead of onside. The first play I mash on the strip button and get the ball out of Jackson for a TD. 20-14. On the kickoff I meant to take control of English to try and Hit Stick the return guy for a fumble, but instead I chose my kicker. Oh well. I follow returner to make a play, use the hit stick, take his legs out, fumble..TD. 21-20. Next series he moves down the field b/c of my terrible defensive calls. Catches a play at about the 20 breaks one tackle, I come in with the 2nd defender and mash on the strip button and sure enough the ball pops out. Game.

We were over here fuckin screamin the whole time. I could not believe what just happened. Down 20-0 in the 4th and come back and score 28 pts in one quarter to keep my playoff hopes alive. My friend over here was watching the whole time and kept saying I cannot believe what just happened :lol .

Story played a damn good game too and was pretty much moving the ball at will until that 4th quarter.

I was mashing on the protect ball button for once.....fucking EA. :/

Rorschach

storybook77 said:
I was holding it, I mashed it down immediately when I got the ball. The dreadlocked bastard still fumbled. :lol
Ship him to Oakland. That'll show 'im!

Man, that really sucks, though. What a horrible sounding game. Maybe you can buy upgrade DLC Madden cards for Jackson's hands.

Rorschach said:
Ship him to Oakland. That'll show 'im!

Man, that really sucks, though. What a horrible sounding game. Maybe you can buy upgrade DLC Madden cards for Jackson's hands.

:lol On the bright side, I didn't hurt my draft position!

EDIT: At least my wife went to bed happy.....

wifescar.jpg

LJ11

Denog and I will get our game in tomorrow night, sorry for the hold up, I kind of forgot about it.

I have my cousin and her husband staying with me for about 10 days starting on the 26th. I'm not sure when I'm going to find time to play my games while they're here. Won't hold up the league if I'm too busy, I'll let someone else take over the team for a playoff run.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I eeked out the win in the end. Brady was inaccurate the whole damn game. Missing people left and right, finished with 40% completion. Gave up a KR touchdown, gave up probably my season average in running yards allowed per game, all on the 1st drive of Strikers (and on 3 plays).

Down by 4 inside of 3 1/2 minutes left, and near or at FG range. 4th down and long. I already despise my kicker (LJ probably had a laugh at my attempt in our last game...) so...I'm not going to trust him to hit the FG, AND stop Striker to hope I get the ball back with no time. So, I go for it, and my rarely used TE was open for a 1st down. Well, I fart around some more, and it gets another 4th down in the redzone, but now it's like 4th and 12 at around the 18 yard line. Desperation heave to Bellows and he catches it, but doesn't go into the endzone, so it's 1st and goal at the 1 or 2, with about a minute left. I fart around some more, and score the TD with about 16 seconds left. Go for 2 and get it, to make Striker have to get a TD.

I risked losing on a FG versus the chance of a tie game off him getting a FG. 25-21 final.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
To all my madden friends who might get MLB the show, amazon currently has the ps3 version priced at $39.99:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003171CEW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Get it before the price goes up! Amazon honors preorders once they are purchased, and your card doesn't get charged till it ships!

So f-ing pre-ordered. Thanks boobs.

edit- glad I got it in, you can't pre-order anymore lol

Mrbob

Matrix said:
So f-ing pre-ordered. Thanks boobs.

edit- glad I got it in, you can't pre-order anymore lol

Doesn't matter, amazon canceled the orders. First time they have done something like this. :(

Somehow, someway, I blame the cheapassgamer forum. They always ruin things like this by trying to order 50 copies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Doesn't matter, amazon canceled the orders. First time they have done something like this. :(

Somehow, someway, I blame the cheapassgamer forum. They always ruin things like this by trying to order 50 copies.

FUCKING A. Mine hasnt been canceled yet, but fuck I'll make them give me $5 credit or something... amazon CS reps are my whores.

edit- nm got the email.... CS time!

Matrix said:
FUCKING A. Mine hasnt been canceled yet, but fuck I'll make them give me $5 credit or something... amazon CS reps are my whores.

edit- nm got the email.... CS time!

:lol :lol

i was thinking of doing that but amazon has been so cool to me in the past ill let this slide!

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol :lol

i was thinking of doing that but amazon has been so cool to me in the past ill let this slide!

Yea Ive screwed amazon over way too many times, I deserve to take one for a change. I think I'll just blame Bob like Dm is.

Bob, give me your lunch money!

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
Let me know what time you'll be available tomorrow, Crow.

I don't really know but it'll probably be some time after 6 or 7 cst. I'll be getting my first sleep in about 3 days during the trip back today. Can't wait. D:

Smokey

AstroLad said:
Smokes, can you play after the advance tonite?

mayyyyyyyyyyyybe.

may have to play tom mornin/afternoon, but maybe.

Can somebody tell me how this his not a catch? This happened in my game against Story last night

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14516829

It's hard to tell because of the quality, but Chambers caught the ball. In addition to that he got both feet in, but after the play the game wouldn't even let me challenge the call and it was outside of the 2 minute mark. Probably the best damn ball shitty Rivers has thrown for me all season, and for some reason the game wouldn't count it :/

Smokey said:
mayyyyyyyyyyyybe.

may have to play tom mornin/afternoon, but maybe.

Can somebody tell me how this his not a catch? This happened in my game against Story last night

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14516829

It's hard to tell because of the quality, but Chambers caught the ball. In addition to that he got both feet in, but after the play the game wouldn't even let me challenge the call and it was outside of the 2 minute mark. Probably the best damn ball shitty Rivers has thrown for me all season, and for some reason the game wouldn't count it :/

can't tell from the replay, but holy crap you think you dropped back far enough. you are 15 yards from the line of scrimmage

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
cool we can shoot for tonight and if not tomorrow morning works.

yeah i have seen quite a few plays that lead me to think that the inbounds detection at least for catches is just off.

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
bigAT you going to be around tonight?

Yeah, I think I should be. Earlier in the night works better for me. That's obviously dependent on when everyone else finishes their games though.

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
can't tell from the replay, but holy crap you think you dropped back far enough. you are 15 yards from the line of scrimmage
It probably led to the "incompletion" Something similar happened to me against DM i think. I had a corner route in the redzone that White caught and had three feet, yes three, three left feet, the right one hovered. So he stepped left, hover right, stepped and stuttered with the left again...incomplete pass and i had all of the end zone for space, he could have caught it and moonwalked...but no...fuuuuu ea

DCX

Top Bottom