• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg AT! i about lost my fucking marbles on that bullshit fumble. i had a 24-20 lead, its 3rd and 7 with 1:10 left or so, no timeouts left for AT so i run the ball..... fumble of course. thank god for jack english making a big ben style tackle to save the game winning TD. i'm fucking downing the ball from now on!

also unrelated, but im looking at my stats and nate clements is greyed out and has the medical symbol by him.... but he is not listed on my injury report. i've noticed this almost the entire season. anyone have any idea wtf this is all about?

p.s. jack english MVP!

Handshake%20hurts%20hand%20shake%20painful%20pain%20bad.GIF

DCX

DCX
I need to play to keep up my skills, anyone want to scrim? I'm hoping Ram gets on tonight but it's not looking good.

DCX

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg AT! i about lost my fucking marbles on that bullshit fumble. i had a 24-20 lead, its 3rd and 7 with 1:10 left or so, no timeouts left for AT so i run the ball..... fumble of course. thank god for jack english making a big ben style tackle to save the game winning TD. i'm fucking downing the ball from now on!

also unrelated, but im looking at my stats and nate clements is greyed out and has the medical symbol by him.... but he is not listed on my injury report. i've noticed this almost the entire season. anyone have any idea wtf this is all about?

p.s. jack english MVP!

Goooooood game. Sorry Astro.

God, I feel dirty after that one. I was driving down the field trying to score the go ahead TD, Greg Jennings found an opening in the cover 3 zone and Aaron Rodgers decided to ignore him and throw directly to the SS instead. Jennings wasn't even in the same zip code.

I kind of zoned out after that in frustration, then remembered I should probably use my timeouts, so I panicked for a second and called one even though the playclock was already down to 20. At which point I spent the rest of the game laughing at what a horribly bad move that was. Then Kampman forced the fumble and I thought Matthews was going to escape the pile and take that sucker back, no such luck.

Also, I'll fulfill my mandatory Patrick Willis hate quota. Screw him running down my 95 speed running back from behind, when I had 5-10 yards on him. It wasn't even a foot race, my RB just stopped so that he could get forcibly raped from behind.

I've had the same greyed out thing this year as well for random players. Sometimes it doesn't recognize Rodgers during the pregame comparisons so I get only a quarter of a bar for QBs because it is only evaluating my backup.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dream a little dream Fmt.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DCX said:
I need to play to keep up my skills, anyone want to scrim? I'm hoping Ram gets on tonight but it's not looking good.

DCX

I could, if you want

Though, I'd miss Bellows, and Unsung Goat Pick-Turned Red Zone Hero Tibbrowse

Fifty

DCX. You must beat Ramirez. You beat me, now beat him. If you can't, you stink, and I stink more.

This division race NEEDS to be settled by EA's insane tiebreaking system.Ramirez and I tied our season series and now he needs to lose one of these two games and I need to beat Pheeniks (somewhat ironic because he threw his game against Ramirez to give Ram the division win last year)

BigAT said:
Goooooood game. Sorry Astro.

God, I feel dirty after that one. I was driving down the field trying to score the go ahead TD, Greg Jennings found an opening in the cover 3 zone and Aaron Rodgers decided to ignore him and throw directly to the SS instead. Jennings wasn't even in the same zip code.

I kind of zoned out after that in frustration, then remembered I should probably use my timeouts, so I panicked for a second and called one even though the playclock was already down to 20. At which point I spent the rest of the game laughing at what a horribly bad move that was. Then Kampman forced the fumble and I thought Matthews was going to escape the pile and take that sucker back, no such luck.

Also, I'll fulfill my mandatory Patrick Willis hate quota. Screw him running down my 95 speed running back from behind, when I had 5-10 yards on him. It wasn't even a foot race, my RB just stopped so that he could get forcibly raped from behind.

I've had the same greyed out thing this year as well for random players. Sometimes it doesn't recognize Rodgers during the pregame comparisons so I get only a quarter of a bar for QBs because it is only evaluating my backup.

yeah patrick willis was beastin' that game. i remember one play early on 3rd and 1 he came from the opposite side and shot through the line to destroy your RB :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
GG, Fifty.

It is a shame that Madden (with players like Keller) is now essentially next-gen Tecmo Bowl. This league having any semblance of a sim league has vaporized with the trades and the unbelievably overpowered rookies that tear through defenses. As soon as I went up 7-0 on Fifty, I saw a pitch play to the outside that I knew was coming and I still could barely get one guy to sniff Keller as he roared to the outside and down the sidelines.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
DCX. You must beat Ramirez. You beat me, now beat him. If you can't, you stink, and I stink more.

This division race NEEDS to be settled by EA's insane tiebreaking system.Ramirez and I tied our season series and now he needs to lose one of these two games and I need to beat Pheeniks (somewhat ironic because he threw his game against Ramirez to give Ram the division win last year)
I must beat him for the simple fact if i don't, i'm out of the playoff race. I do need to beat him. I'm shaking up my lineup for the game too. It's a big risk, but i need all my playmakers on the field.

I wish he was on so i can play...i'm dying here :(

DCX

DenogginizerOS said:
GG, Fifty.

It is a shame that Madden (with players like Keller) is now essentially next-gen Tecmo Bowl. This league having any semblance of a sim league has vaporized with the trades and the unbelievably overpowered rookies that tear through defenses. As soon as I went up 7-0 on Fifty, I saw a pitch play to the outside that I knew was coming and I still could barely get one guy to sniff Keller as he roared to the outside and down the sidelines.

play plenty of zone and DE contain!

p.s. watch Chris Johnson any random week if you think the speed backs are unrealistic. true, the number we have is (probably 5-10 in the league), but the actual RB himself isn't far from the real chris johnson

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah patrick willis was beastin' that game. i remember one play early on 3rd and 1 he came from the opposite side and shot through the line to destroy your RB :lol

Ugh.

I was replaying that one over in my head for most of the game. It was a straight handoff between the the LT and LG, he shot a hole near the RT, ran laterally (I say ran as though a man could cover that distance in that amount of time on his feet, teleported is a more accurate description) and then somehow tackled Grant dead in his tracks from behind.

Fifty

That pitch TD was made because it was a 1 on 1 and you hit-sticked early, thinking I was going to run out of bounds, but instead I skirted the line. No offense, because I gave up two TDs on user error, but that probably would have been a tackle had it been the AI. DE contain, spreading the D line, etc..can all stop Keller. I'm really predictable with him.

I'm having a great season with him, but the league numbers are still within the realm of sanity. The other rookies have cooled down somewhat.

To be so negative about the league is just not productive. Have you made one trade in these two seasons, denog? Maybe you're above it all, but don't shit on the league like this.

also, bigAT or any of my recent opponents, are you spotlighting crabtree? he cannot get open AT ALL these past few games. my its because ive played against good corners i dont know, but morgan was having a pretty good game and VD of course, but crabtree was always locked down

bluemax

Banned
GG Crow. My defense played pretty good but my decision to go with my back up WR corps didn't pan out so well. Your safety play is top notch, I need to learn to play safety I think, although D line is actually good this season.

Also was it just me or was there some weird warping going on at times? On my last drive Carlson warped liked crazy to make that catch, I'll upload the highlight.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
play plenty of zone and DE contain!

That doesn't always stop them. I was in DE contain against Luke when he pitched the ball to the Girley rookie and ran for a 57 yard td.

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i also got 1 late hit on the qb and 1 hit out of bounds. that makes 3 times in the past 4 weeks i think i've gotten a late hit out of bounds :lol

In all honesty I had no idea they even had those in this years version until that happened.

I much prefer this leagues policy on concussions over those wimps in the NFL. Driver suffered a concussion late in the game and doesn't even appear on the injury report for the next week. Good, everyone knows post concussion syndrome is just a myth. Real men play through the blurred vision and migraines. Besides, what do I care if he can't remember his children's names after he retires?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
damn the only way i'm getting in is if the cards lose their last 2 or unless they lose 1 out of 2 and they are low scoring games (assuming tie breaker is points?)
well i gotta play smokey then bluemax who is good against me

Matrix said:
That doesn't always stop them. I was in DE contain against Luke when he pitched the ball to the Girley rookie and ran for a 57 yard td.

well it shouldn't ALWAYS stop them if the playcall is right and the blocking is there, but it definitely helps.

you also have to be careful with blitzing because it leaves you with no one to get him if the blitz isn't to the right side or gets picked up. sometimes you have to bend and wait for a mistake to happen rather than go for the home run on defense and try to get them in long yardage situations early

TheCrow

GG blu. You were just outplaying me in the first half. i stopped running and decided to play around with the passing game. :( If it weren't for my D's timely ints (2 manual(should've had 3) :D). I think I need to relearn how to run the ball. Not playing for a while and no sleep are hurting me.

bluemax

Banned
GG Crow. My defense played pretty good but my decision to go with my back up WR corps didn't pan out so well. Your safety play is top notch, I need to learn to play safety I think, although D line is actually good this season.

Also was it just me or was there some weird warping going on at times? On my last drive Carlson warped liked crazy to make that catch, I'll upload the highlight.

Not that I'm a pro at running but it felt like the majority of your runs were right into the waiting arms of Brandon Mebane. He had a season high 5 tackles.

TheCrow

bluemax said:

Yeah, I think my back up safety was in and I guess he didn't have the speed to pick it off. If I had my starter in I think he would have picked it off. And your's and Rors' D-line are either just having good games against me or my running game is shot.

Edit: Mebane was instantly in the backfield. But on some later run plays my line did push him around. I've been able to run up the gut for almost the entire season just can't do it anymore.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:

I held Chris Johnson to 17 yards

Matrix

TheCrow said:
Yeah, I think my back up safety was in and I guess he didn't have the speed to pick it off. If I had my starter in I think he would have picked it off. And your's and Rors' D-line are either just having good games against me or my running game is shot.

Only one HB has Rors number and his name is Ryan motherf-ing Moats.

Fluke game's don't count CB.

bluemax

Banned
BigAT said:
In all honesty I had no idea they even had those in this years version until that happened.

I much prefer this leagues policy on concussions over those wimps in the NFL. Driver suffered a concussion late in the game and doesn't even appear on the injury report for the next week. Good, everyone knows post concussion syndrome is just a myth. Real men play through the blurred vision and migraines. Besides, what do I care if he can't remember his children's names after he retires?

FMT is the king of cheap shots. He gets flagged for them every time I play him I swear.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Fifty said:
That pitch TD was made because it was a 1 on 1 and you hit-sticked early, thinking I was going to run out of bounds, but instead I skirted the line. No offense, because I gave up two TDs on user error, but that probably would have been a tackle had it been the AI. DE contain, spreading the D line, etc..can all stop Keller. I'm really predictable with him.

I'm having a great season with him, but the league numbers are still within the realm of sanity. The other rookies have cooled down somewhat.

To be so negative about the league is just not productive. Have you made one trade in these two seasons, denog? Maybe you're above it all, but don't shit on the league like this.
I am not shitting on the league, Schwartz. I am calling out Tiburon for their inability to maintain balance in their games, especially in franchise mode. You played the game you could play given the advantages you have with the players you have. I am just saying that, in my opinion, the game is unrealistic and more on the side of Tecmo Bowl.

As for the trades, I have pretty much mirrored the real Jets in what they have done this year (just as I planned). As for this league, if I wanted to play in a league with a few teams who have all-stars due to some preying on the insecurities of those with losing records, I would have just opted to play in a league with a fantasy draft at the beginning.

Striker

LJ11 said:
I have time to play right now if you're free. If not, I'll be snowed in tomorrow with the rest of the northeast.
I'll be available tomorrow after 11 PM EST, and Sunday any time. If those are fine, let me know.

I'm having a great season with him, but the league numbers are still within the realm of sanity.
Speaking on RB's (QB's and WR's will always be mis-led, mainly due to some players using backs more in targets, 3rd WR's having more receptions than starting WR's, and some WR's being lone targets [as seen by stats]), some are unusually larger.

Through 14 games, there's seven backs with 1,400+ yards, and five of those averaging over 6 yards per carry. Keller himself is at 10 yards per carry.

Touchdowns are also up way higher all around, and Turner/Keller have 23 and 24, respectively. Those are OK since both of your teams seem better running than passing.

bluemax

Banned
TheCrow said:

Mebane was instantly in the backfield. But on some later run plays my line did push him around. I've been able to run up the gut for almost the entire season just can't do it anymore.

I only played two of my defensive line starters this game too! Although a couple of times the regulars got in when the others were winded.

There's no way this is just because of your backup safety:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14555115

Also lulz at your whole o line blocking one man while two guys stand around doing nothing, and then one finally wakes up and gets the sack!
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14554989

Matrix

I could have been a Schwartz, but my grandparents got a divorce and my dad took his stepfathers last name.

456r7ht7vg0.jpg

Top Bottom