• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
arg-train-eng-ltbl.gif
arg-train-alpha-P-25.gif
arg-train-alpha-A-25.gif
arg-train-alpha-G-25.gif
arg-train-alpha-E-25.gif
train-space-25.gif
arg-train-alpha-C-25.gif
arg-train-alpha-H-25.gif
arg-train-alpha-A-25.gif
arg-train-alpha-N-25.gif
arg-train-alpha-G-25.gif
arg-train-alpha-A-25.gif
arg-train-alpha-H-25.gif
arg-caboose-sm.gif

Wow @ the AFC playoff picture. :lol Rors v Lonestar will be epic.

Maaaaatriiiiix

Birdman02

LiveWire said:
Luke, if we advance tonight I'll be around to play our game.

Edit: Looks like we just advanced!

Go Redskins!!! I'd love to be able to rest my starters against the Titans.

EDIT: Damn, I've been too focused on my division. I didn't realize exactly how crazy the AFC playoff picture is.....it looks like there could be 2 teams at 10-6 (maybe one at 11-5) that miss the playoffs.

LiveWire

Luke and I had a fun game. Luke, I hope you saved a vid of the pass from Morrow to Freeney. I was trying to set a record for INTs (40), but Luke held me in check with only 6 INTs.

For those who are curious, I added up the NFL's and GAF's INTs and sacks for the current seasons:

For NFL (through the end of week 15):

INTs: 380
Sacks: 970 (only included NFL players with at least 1.0 sacks)

For GAF (through the end of week 16 and one game into week 17):

INTs: 699
Sacks: 634

guys remember the next week doesn't start until NEXT wednesday! because of the holiday we have an extended deadline.

of course IF the games get done before that we will advance. otherwise it wont be until next wednesday.

also, if you look at the way the "tiebreakers" are now it can't be PF, it can't be division record, it can't be conference record, it can't be gamertag. the only tiebreaker can be alphabetical for the team name.

dolphins over jets, falcons over saints, cardinals over forty niners. now in some of the instances it is the correct call anyways, but the tiebreaker is absolutely your team name

DCX

DCX
DM i might be able to go tonight. Just got back from seeing Avatar (OMG) need to do some last minute wrapping etc, and may be able to play later.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
Matrix I should be around from like 4 PM or so on to around 9 PM tomorrow.

Ok cool. I'll be around to play starting at 5.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"guys remember the next week doesn't start until NEXT wednesday! because of the holiday we have an extended deadline."

Some of us don't have another week!

*weeps*

Matrix said:
"guys remember the next week doesn't start until NEXT wednesday! because of the holiday we have an extended deadline."

Some of us don't have another week!

*weeps*

i know (i'm probably included) :(

but at least the quicker the playoffs get done the quicker we can get to the offseason and take a look at the incoming draft class!

p.s. pats and raiders still tied! will the raiders get revenge for the tuck rule game!?

still 27-27 in the 4th! maybe someone is going on an epic drive or defenses are ruling the 4th!

p.s. OVERTIME! oh please let this end in a tie to make the AFC playoff picture a clusterfuck that even EA's tiebreaker can't figure out!

Rorschach

GG Lonestar

I'm out of the playoffs. Anyway, that game was a bunch of horse shit. I didn't deserve to win because I had it and I gave it away, but the Pats and are a bunch of horse.shit.

Mrbob

Stat of the week.

I'm now the number one defense in the NFC in terms of points given up going into the final week. DM falls to number 3. :D What a turnaround this season on D for my team, especially the second half of the season after the Giants game debacle.

But I gotta play the number two defense this week though!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Goddamn that Zachary miller. In the ass, goddamn. 12 catches, then a bunch of receivers to cover constantly, with myhorrendous secondary. How he managed to throw it 45 some odd times surprised me. Think we both had 3 or 4 chances to win it in the end. I will be uploading some vids in a minut.

Rorschach

Brady throws off his back foot. Completion to get into mid field. http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14769581
Brady throws off his back foot. Now in red zone.
Brady throws off his back foot. TD to Coles. http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/14769455
Delhomme throws to Miller.
Fumble!
Wildcat WR gets badass suction block. Touchdown!
Drive all the way back for a TD. Down 7 to 13.
Patriots drive stopped.
Drive all the way back for a TD. Up 14 to 13.
Patriots stopped.
Rorschach loses his mind and tries to throw with 5 secs on the clock.
TAINT! Down 19-14.
Drive all the way down the field and get a TD. Stupidly try for 2. Up 20-19.
Stop the Pats.
Throw an INT.
Stop the Pats.
Throw an INT.
Brady roll out of the pocket. Breaks a tackle. Evades a tackler. Throws and they are in at the 2. I pick the wrong play and am defenseless against 2 pt try. I decide not to burn the time out. Down 27-20.
Drive all the way back for a TD. Tied 27-27.
Pats are stopped.
Raiders are stopped.

OT
I get the ball.
Drive down to FG range. Lose what's left of brain and throw.
INT!
A Tribow scramble and a few rushes later, Pats are finally stopped at the 30.
FG is up and good.
Raiders fail at life.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
tom brady reminds me of dirt warner in this game :(
What's funny about one of the INTs I threw is that I threw it to a wide open guy, but the guy that was covering DHB down field spidey sensed a ball coming, got off of DHB, ran 20 yards, and picked it before Higgins could get there. :lol

Wish I had Tommy. :(

Rorschach said:
What's funny about one of the INTs I threw is that I threw it to a wide open guy, but the guy that was covering DHB down field spidey sensed a ball coming, got off of DHB, ran 20 yards, and picked it before Higgins could get there. :lol

Wish I had Tommy. :(

i wish i had him too.... and may have him in the future if my boy english progresses as i know he will!

Lonestar

Dang it Ror, you uploaded the same Coles TD I just did. Could have saved that TAINT one.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14769489

This is the play that won me the game. One of the few times after the 1st quarter Ror went with the 2-1-2 offense, I threw in 46 Cover 3 Press, and he threw it either too early or what, but once again towards Miller, and Guyton, the backup MLB playing as my LOLB, does something!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14769484

The Game winning Field goal, after actually running the ball succesfully for about 30 yards, get to a 4th and short at the 28 yard line. Out comes my disasterous kicker, Gogokgoskies. Mind you I somehow missed the extra point on the first TD of the game (hence the odd scores, I chased that 1 point twice, and Ror chased it once himself later) 45 yarder clears by a few feet. All I can think about leading up to this was: The game versus Bob. Where I shank 2 kicks that would win it HORRIBLY.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14769515

This was Fargas getting Revenge for being Cut. It actually was a "ARRGH Raiders" game, with Coles and Fargas getting TD's. This is was made it 27-0. The play that I believe Rorscach remembered as:

"Brady roll out of the pocket. Breaks a tackle. Evades a tackler. Throws and they are in at the 2. I pick the wrong play and am defenseless against 2 pt try"

Was this one (and it was Tribow, not Brady)

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14769513

And guess what I did on the very next play. An interception in the endzone. This is with about 16 seconds left in the 1st half. The next play (or 2nd) for Ror, was the TAINT by Mayo.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i told you homeboy i will trade you english if you erase any real-world record of jerry rice ever playing for the raiders.
You can erase his Seahawks time. His legacy as a Raider will live on forever.

Rorschach

Oh yeah, and my defense held up, but Howard was out for the whole game. :( Had to play with second rate LBs. >:|

He totally would have killed Fargas and Tribow.

And McFadden was out for the first half. :(

[edit]
hawakubo (10:25:43 PM): WTF?! HOWARD WAS OUT WITH A BROKEN THUMB?
hawakubo (10:25:44 PM): MAN UP, DICK
hawakubo (10:25:48 PM): YOU FUCKING PUSSY
hawakubo (10:25:50 PM): CUT
hawakubo (10:25:51 PM): SO FUCKING CUT

Lonestar

:lol Holy shit at all the 8-7 teams in the NFC. :lol

Wow, each of my starting 3 LB's had an interception...

McFadden was only out maybe 5 or 6 plays of yours on offense (I might have had a possesion in the middle), you just stopped running for a large chunk of the game.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i feel bad for luke and the others who will finish with double digit wins and missing the playoffs. that sucks dudes :(

nfc west division winner 9-7!

Five 3 point losses = my inability to close games out.
Besides, Birdman still has to get by Rors' Titans like I did though.

Birdman02

Rorschach said:
Yo birdman, you want to get that Titans game out of the way since Lonestar said he probably won't be able to play 'till Monday?

I'm actually out of town for the next few days. I won't be able to play until sunday or monday night at the earliest.

Birdman02

Rorschach said:
I'M RAGING! WHEN DO YOU WANT TO PLAY BIRDMAN! >:|

TONIGHT IS GOOD FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!

[EDIT] OK, SEE YOU THEN!!!

You need to get this out of your system before then...you should scrimmage someone!!!

EDIT: You don't really wanna screw AirBrian out of the number one pick, do you?

Smokey

So Lonestar prevailed in the epic AFC matchup. Wish it could've been broadcasted :/

So is tiebreaker for sure team name? If so then all I need to do is handle my biz and I should be in.

Lonestar

Smokey said:
So Lonestar prevailed in the epic AFC matchup. Wish it could've been broadcasted :/

So is tiebreaker for sure team name? If so then all I need to do is handle my biz and I should be in.

SMH

Yeah, broadcasting would be fun, though I imagine screams of bloody murder would have happened on what I was doing with Derrick Burgess :lol

But I HAVE to direct connect to play, and seems like Rorschach did as well.

Smokey said:

no i'm not saying that with 100% certainty, just assuming things based on how the division run downs looked going into this week and what i've read online. it could be a coincedence and team name doesn't matter, i dont know.

i suppose we'll all find out next wednesday!

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
SMH

Yeah, broadcasting would be fun, though I imagine screams of bloody murder would have happened on what I was doing with Derrick Burgess :lol

But I HAVE to direct connect to play, and seems like Rorschach did as well.
...I didn't know you were connecting directly or else I wouldn't have. :lol

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
no i'm not saying that with 100% certainty, just assuming things based on how the division run downs looked going into this week and what i've read online. it could be a coincedence and team name doesn't matter, i dont know.

i suppose we'll all find out next wednesday!

but what if i dont have my box back by then :(

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
Peterboi plays the cpu.

And loses anyway.

What happens if Peterboi isn't a person, but is really the dog? I mean, I haven't seen him posting. Could it be because Dog's can't type, or spell?

I want to make sure we grab the full season stats before any playoff games are saved.

Smokey

Rorschach said:
Peterboi plays the cpu.

And loses anyway.

notsureifserious.gif

i refuse to get okie doked if that happens. fmt has a big heart, surely he understands the situation that is laid before me.

Top Bottom