• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
I think they did put the Breast Cancer Awareness gear in with the 2nd patch
How come I don't get them? :(

I hate that the Raiders' options are either grayed out or you cycle through the same item...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wait it's part of the AFL gear *I needed Oilers uni's :( *?

Cause I have that, but I didn't pick pink shoes against Rors :\

Wellington said:
GG Pheeniks.

You around Matrix?

How many times did I turn it over when I was in scoring range? Wow

Looking forward to season 3. You saw Chad Henne who's a manchild but you haven't seen Kelly James...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea I'm around now and ready to finish my season with a loss CK.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ph33nix said:
How many times did I turn it over when I was in scoring range? Wow

Looking forward to season 3. You saw Chad Henne who's a manchild but you haven't seen Kelly James...
Well now I've seen your O and can adjust a bit. Ricky Williams is slow as shit, I thought I had it bad with Jacobs. :lol

Wellington said:
Well now I've seen your O and can adjust a bit. Ricky Williams is slow as shit, I thought I had it bad with Jacobs. :lol

Yeah but I'm going to have Ronnie Brown and another speed back in the franchise. Have fun dealing with him!

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
hawakubo (12:52:40 PM): I'd rather choke on my own gullet
dmczafx23 (12:52:52 PM): im getting it

SMH. Your team isn't even AFC, you sell out!

Libel! You'll be hearing from my lawyers

Lawyers_t.png

Striker

sableholic said:
So basically even if I win I still won't make it in the playoffs? I know I need astro to win the division since I hold a real life tiebreaker over fmt. Guess I need bob to lose too. Not sure who should really make it in if we both happen to win but it won't matter since ea just ignored the real life tiebreaker rules. Fuck you ea
Best chance for us to play (at least for me) is Saturday after 7. Off Sunday!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Matrix. Neither of our RBs wanted to hold onto the ball wtf.

Schaub out four weeks with a Broken Jaw. Shouldn't matter I guess. Grossman tore me up. :lol

Matrix

Nothing like having to play your last game of the season with your backup QB's. *sigh*

Also love how cover the ball to protect doesn't matter with Slaton, fumbled again by the hit stick and the defender takes it in for a free seven. Yet when I cause fumbles they always result in the stupid mini game and I think it's starting to cause Arthritis from button mashing.

GG Ck, just a sad way for my season to end. You broke Schaubs fucking jaw in the first quarter, I really hope injuries don't carry over to next season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Nothing like having to play your last game of the season with your backup QB's. *sigh*

Also love how cover the ball to protect doesn't matter with Slaton, fumbled again by the hit stick and the defender takes it in for a free seven. Yet when I cause fumbles they always result in the stupid mini game and I think it's starting to cause Arthritis from button mashing.

GG Ck, just a sad way for my season to end. You broke Schaubs fucking jaw in the first quarter, I really hope injuries don't carry over to next season.
They reset.

Was it just me or did I win that first fight for the fumble but you got it? Yes I know it fades away and you have to keep tapping, but I was totally miffed at that.

Also, not to tell you how to use your team or anything, but with Daniels, Moss, and Johnson, you really should throw a little more. I know you want to establish the run but I just said fuck it, put 8 in the box and blitzed all game with no fear of Moss or AJ going deep in one on one coverage. Those two guys will always win the matchup.

Matrix

Yea you should have had it I think on the first one, it was clearly on your side. I think it's a broken system and wish it didn't exist.

Oh I planned on doing that with Schaub, I had no game plan with the other two QB's. Honestly I was shocked Grossman played decently.

I always like to establish my running game first and then I start throwing it around, it all backfired.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
...I just said fuck it, put 8 in the box and blitzed all game with no fear of Moss or AJ going deep in one on one coverage. Those two guys will always win the matchup.

I think loading the box is just a part of Madden 10, and it's kind of the result of the deep ball being pretty non-threatening. I don't have speed at wideout, so maybe it's different if you have a guy like Bellows, or Moss, or AJ, but in my estimation, EA nerfed the vertical passing game pretty considerably.

Matrix

You really can't throw deep even with AJ/Moss unless you can get the other team to bite on a PA or pump fake with the QB. With him blitzing that much it makes it hard enough to get the ball off, let alone an accurate deep pass with your back up QB's.

"EA nerfed the vertical passing game pretty considerably."

They have, CK should know how I use to play with the deep ball, I can't get away with it any more :(

Matrix said:
You really can't throw deep even with AJ/Moss unless you can get the other team to bite on a PA or pump fake with the QB. With him blitzing that much it makes it hard enough to get the ball off, let alone an accurate deep pass with your back up QB's.

"EA nerfed the vertical passing game pretty considerably."

They have, CK should know how I use to play with the deep ball, I can't get away with it any more :(

bull shit you killed me with the deep ball so many times

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Sexy Rexy for 2010! Use him Matrix! Or trade him to me as a backup!

Rex has taken it where the sun don't shine for your team enough times already, he stays put.

rexgrossman.jpg

Matrix

ph33nix said:
bull shit you killed me with the deep ball so many times

:lol No offense, but it was against the Phins secondary. Also the longest catch was for 31 yards with AJ and I only had 5 receptions with him. I don't think I killed you with the deep ball. I was also able to run unlike my game with CK and like I said that opens up the passing game and deep ball some what. Hell you had the longest reception of the game.

If this was Madden 05 and I had Carr I would have done far worse than that to you.

Rorschach

Schaub has a noodle arm. Gradkowski threw a 70 yard bomb last night and it was most of his total yardage. :lol

Grad also has a noodle arm

it's not ONLY that EA nerfed the deep ball, its that people are still playing with safety help over the top regardless. i would say 70-80% of the time when i drop back to pass the safety is staying over the top on both sides. this is why i have to work the short to intermediate passing game.

the times where i have gotten people out of this type of defense i can hit some passes deep. EA just needs to eliminate the "jet packing" from DB's (and receivers for that matter in some instances) and it will be fine. madden 06's system was actually really good in this regard (what a surprise!)

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Schaub has a noodle arm. Gradkowski threw a 70 yard bomb last night and it was most of his total yardage. :lol

Grad also has a noodle arm

Schaub has pretty good accuracy though if given time to throw and is great at hitting the open man on PA passes.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BLUEMAX are you around tomorrow or even maybe the day after? might be able to swing a game from my friend's house one of those days. if not maybe sunday night when i get back into town or monday night.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I can attest to Matrix's former deep game. I threw many a controller due to Carr having such an exceptional deep ball!

I've said it time and again that I really don't care about speed in my secondary, mostly because the deep ball doesn't work well in this game... I don't get beaten deep. Couple that with a pass-rush that doesn't always gets home but makes the opposing QB get rid of the ball quickly, I really disregard it entirely.

That's why I don't get guys complaining about deep posts, flags, ins, outs, whatever... how else are dudes going to throw deep? It's necessary. Here it's all about timing. On that TD I threw to Nicks I was pissed off because I thought he would have cut right when I threw the ball, you had a clear shot at a pick and luckily for me things worked out. I don't know, that's why I value route running higher on WRs than speed as well.

As far as not being able to go deep, guys like Moss and AJ would be wonderful on slants since they would fly right off the press.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I found the speed game in regards to receivers and the deep pass to be lacking. Bellows is 96 speed and 99 acc and doesn't get that kind of seperation on db's like in previous maddens. I only throw deep on busted coverages or if it was press man coverage with no safety over top. If bellows (or welker) get just a step, I'll lob it up and let whatever happen, happen. Neither have the uber jump and grab of moss.

Birdman02

Rorschach said:
It doesn't surprise me at all that Rorschach is going to concede so the real 4th seed (according to NFL rules) can get in. That's just the type of stand up guy he is. :) Thanks in advance, Rorschach!

I agree...but it's weird that you would speak of yourself in the 3rd person!!!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Lonestar said:
I found the speed game in regards to receivers and the deep pass to be lacking. Bellows is 96 speed and 99 acc and doesn't get that kind of seperation on db's like in previous maddens. I only throw deep on busted coverages or if it was press man coverage with no safety over top. If bellows (or welker) get just a step, I'll lob it up and let whatever happen, happen. Neither have the uber jump and grab of moss.

Yeah, I agree. Calvin Johnson isn't nearly the beast he should be. The developers claimed WRs would battle for the ball. That didn't happen at all. As it is, a rookie WR on my team is more valuable than CJ. So most likely the things they wanted to put in Madden 10 will be there in Madden 11.

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
it's not ONLY that EA nerfed the deep ball, its that people are still playing with safety help over the top regardless. i would say 70-80% of the time when i drop back to pass the safety is staying over the top on both sides. this is why i have to work the short to intermediate passing game.

the times where i have gotten people out of this type of defense i can hit some passes deep. EA just needs to eliminate the "jet packing" from DB's (and receivers for that matter in some instances) and it will be fine. madden 06's system was actually really good in this regard (what a surprise!)
That's how I am. I usually am settling for a deep pass to either Robiskie or Jackson, and both have the side to grab those deep passes (Jackson 6'5", Robiskie 6'3"; caught two long bombs for me this season, one against Fifty and another against Cincinnati, I believe). He's got great POT, and right now he is a 78, so I assume he'll tip to the mid 80's for next season. Should be fun as long as Dr. Quinn also improves.

gg gcq. the game changed on that fumble. howcome you didn't challenge? it looked like he MIGHT have been down, but who knows with how EA rules on stuff.

i dont know if your d-line is bad or my o-line was just beastin, but they were opening up holes for coffee that were ridiculous.

9-7.... if nothing else at least i improved my record from last season :/

but lets go BigAT and Bluemax!!

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg gcq. the game changed on that fumble. howcome you didn't challenge? it looked like he MIGHT have been down, but who knows with how EA rules on stuff.

i dont know if your d-line is bad or my o-line was just beastin, but they were opening up holes for coffee that were ridiculous.

9-7.... if nothing else at least i improved my record from last season :/

but lets go BigAT and Bluemax!!

gg FMT. The way I saw it, Gamble was up and the ball was already out before he was on his way down so I didn't want to waste a challenge.

Oh well, a slight improvement on last season but that ain't saying much.

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
play mrbob.... and beat him!!

This might seem hard to believe, but he hasn't responded to me on AIM. His away message is "Where everybody knows your name..." Does anyone know what that means?

Rorschach

BigAT said:
This might seem hard to believe, but he hasn't responded to me on AIM. His away message is "Where everybody knows your name..." Does anyone know what that means?
That's so believeable that I actually checked to see if it was true. Wouldn't surprise me in the least!

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i saw him online earlier, he was playing dawn of war even though me and daw invited him for some left 4 dead 2 action! he refused! fucking bum!

That's because real men play L4D2 on PC. Bob and I will leave you and daw to your club:

babysitters-club.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i saw him online earlier, he was playing dawn of war even though me and daw invited him for some left 4 dead 2 action! he refused! fucking bum!

You guys were playing L4D2? :( I wish my 360 could play games right now...

dskillzhtown said:
You guys were playing L4D2? :( I wish my 360 could play games right now...

yeah i'm not very good at it but i think i held my own (always last or 2nd to last in all the categories).

it gets pretty crazy on some levels. and god damn those witches suck.... unless someone has a chainsaw :D

Matrix

I'll be free to play some L4D2 or Marvel vs Capcom 2 at 1 am *in an hour* if anyone is around.

I suck at both though :(

Top Bottom