• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wait, you had better field position than what? than your 59 yarder or are you talking about having a goal line possession and not kicking it?
I had better field position than the 59 yarder and I decided to throw instead of run it. I could have made it easily, but I'm dumb. I made the 59 yarder easily.

Rorschach said:
I had better field position than the 59 yarder and I decided to throw instead of run it. I could have made it easily, but I'm dumb. I made the 59 yarder easily.

yeah you had about 5 yards or so to spare on that 59 yarder.

but still, that isn't an easy fg even with janikowski because anything could happen. thumb slips off, you hit a lag spike right when you press up on the stick.... you did the right thing! go for the kill!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Picked up my 360 Arcade this morning at Wal-mart. Was the last one they had. As I was checking out, a guy came in looking for one, complaining that this was the 3rd Wal-Mart he went to looking for one.

Going from the Black Elite to the White Arcade clashes with everything on my center, but atleast it works. DVD drive is alot noisier, but it seems to be reading alot faster. This is 360 number 8!!! But the second one that I paid for.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Argh, cmon boys lets finish this week up!

Packers @ Bears
Saints @ Browns
Seahawks @ Cards
Chargers @ Chiefs
Titans @ Jags
Bills @ Jets
Vikings @ Lions
Broncos @ Rams

Lazy holiday weekend, let's get this in!

Smokey

dskillzhtown said:
Going from the Black Elite to the White Arcade clashes with everything on my center, but atleast it works. DVD drive is alot noisier, but it seems to be reading alot faster. This is 360 number 8!!! But the second one that I paid for.

wtf?

the one that is getting fixed at MS is my 3rd. If it happens again I'm probably done w/ 360. I've got an alternative in my PS3 that I've been playing since I had to ship of my 360 and it's just fine. Hope this next one doesn't break otherwise it's a wrap and MS can go fuck themselves. I've got 20+ games on 360 that I obviously can't play because the system RR on me, and from now on everything except sports titles (and exclusives) will be bought on my PS3. How you managed to have the patience to tolerate 7 broken systems is beyond me.

/rant

TheCrow

Wellington said:
Argh, cmon boys lets finish this week up!

Packers @ Bears
Saints @ Browns
Seahawks @ Cards
Chargers @ Chiefs
Titans @ Jags
Bills @ Jets
Vikings @ Lions
Broncos @ Rams

Lazy holiday weekend, let's get this in!

We might get this in sunday. I hope once playoffs come we can advance fairly quickly.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
wtf?

the one that is getting fixed at MS is my 3rd. If it happens again I'm probably done w/ 360. I've got an alternative in my PS3 that I've been playing since I had to ship of my 360 and it's just fine. Hope this next one doesn't break otherwise it's a wrap and MS can go fuck themselves. I've got 20+ games on 360 that I obviously can't play because the system RR on me, and from now on everything except sports titles (and exclusives) will be bought on my PS3. How you managed to have the patience to tolerate 7 broken systems is beyond me.

/rant
I have to agree with Smokey on this one. I am only on my second 360, but you must have the patience of a saint. If only it wasn't such a pain in the ass to invite people to games via PS3 I wouldn't have any qaulms going back to it.

Striker

Sable,

I'll be home no sooner than 7 PM EST. I saw your post yesterday, but just letting you know. If you can't play later, we can shoot for tomorrow (preferably after NYG/CAR which is at 1:00).

dskillzhtown

Wellington said:
I have to agree with Smokey on this one. I am only on my second 360, but you must have the patience of a saint. If only it wasn't such a pain in the ass to invite people to games via PS3.

Well, not like I have had to pay for eight 360s. 3 of them died on me within 10 minutes of me turning them on and I took them right back to the store. Then we hooked up #4 in the store where it died immediately. I ended up getting a PS3 when I actually had to send a 360 back to MS. If I had to pay for all these units, then I probably would be upset, but in total I have spent about $500 for over 5 years of gaming. No real biggie.

Smokey

Wellington said:
I have to agree with Smokey on this one. I am only on my second 360, but you must have the patience of a saint. If only it wasn't such a pain in the ass to invite people to games via PS3 I wouldn't have any qaulms going back to it.

I haven't had any real issues with this. I rented MW2 on PS3 and have put an additional 20 hrs into MP (on top of the 75 I have on the 360 version :/). When you want to invite somebody to a game in MW2 it works just like the 360 version. It pulls up your FL, choose who you want to invite and there you go. I'm probably gonna rent Madden when I take MW2 back just to avoid getting rusty, so I'll see if it's any different in that game. Can't imagine it would be though. PSN as it is now compared to when it launched is like night and day now that I've had a lot of time to use it.

dskillzhtown said:
Well, not like I have had to pay for eight 360s. 3 of them died on me within 10 minutes of me turning them on and I took them right back to the store. Then we hooked up #4 in the store where it died immediately. I ended up getting a PS3 when I actually had to send a 360 back to MS. If I had to pay for all these units, then I probably would be upset, but in total I have spent about $500 for over 5 years of gaming. No real biggie.

Wow:lol :lol

Horrible.

Striker said:
Sable,

I'll be home no sooner than 7 PM EST. I saw your post yesterday, but just letting you know. If you can't play later, we can shoot for tomorrow (preferably after NYG/CAR which is at 1:00).
Nope I can play just send me a im

dskillzhtown

Smokey said:
Wow:lol :lol

Horrible.

Yeah, that was weird. Just like a bad batch or something. I do have my PS3, but all of my real-life friends I play with have 360s. So if it is something that has multiplayer, I get it on 360. Single-player usually goes to PS3, and I use the blu-ray quite a bit.

Rorschach

I'm on 8 as well, but imagine having to wait months for each one. :( One of them I waited two months for. Finally got it back and it was DOA. :lol

The last one I bought for this league. :|

DMczaf

Bob with the last second FG WIN!

draft_lens1513858module8197113photo_TigerWoods_Fist_Pump.jpg1202767632

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Bob with the last second FG WIN!

http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens1513858module8197113photo_TigerWoods_Fist_Pump.jpg1202767632[/QUOTE]
tigerfistpump is forever ruined... (I was going to say "tainted", but....)

I would not be opposed if the league moved to ps3. I'm thinking of getting a ps3 eventually and since I don't want/can't own 2 consoles at once the 360 will go if that happens

Rorschach

Smokey said:
Wasn't the league on PS3 last season?

What happened with that?
People said the game and/or leaguedaddy sucked and quit. The passing game was overpowered and unstoppable, but also underpowered and unplayable.

Smokey

Rorschach said:
I'm on 8 as well, but imagine having to wait months for each one. :( One of them I waited two months for. Finally got it back and it was DOA. :lol

The last one I bought for this league. :|

Oh god. this is what I'm afraid of :/

Rorschach said:
People said the game and/or leaguedaddy sucked and quit. The passing game was overpowered and unstoppable, but also underpowered and unplayable.

Oh I forgot that Leaguedaddy was used before this season. Wellllllll...since EA so kindly put in online franchise for 10, and we know it will only be improved in 11 (lol) maybbbbee the league would be much better with a second go around on PS3?

I don't want another 360 to break on me :/

Rorschach

My current 360 has choked on me a few times, but has worked like a champ for the most part. *crosses fingers* *knocks on wood* *shoves a horse shoe up a leprachaun's ass*

Mrbob

ph33nix said:
I would not be opposed if the league moved to ps3. I'm thinking of getting a ps3 eventually and since I don't want/can't own 2 consoles at once the 360 will go if that happens

Just keep both systems, good god you are overthinking this. :lol

Gaming hierarchy has been set for awhile now:

PC >>>>>>>>> PS3 > 360

Just keep both systems!

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Just keep both systems, good god you are overthinking this. :lol

Gaming hierarchy has been set for awhile now:

PC >>>>>>>>> PS3 > 360

Just keep both systems!

Not everyone bathes in money like you or receives checks from Sony to fund their gaming.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
The biggest problem with the league this year is Crow's internet. :lol Why mess with a good thing.
No. The biggest problems are EA's shitty copy/paste job for the draft, their end game glitches, and the shitty coin flip tie breakers!

Mrbob

Smokey said:
Not everyone bathes in money like you or receives checks from Sony to fund their gaming.

Instead of buying 7 360s (which is close to 2000 spent in hardware), I invest that money into pc gaming instead. :D

Then I build the pc myself to get it on the cheap.

Btw I just bought GTA4, Red Faction Guerilla, Mirrors Edge on PC for the combined total of 21.49. Can't do that on a console! Lowest software prices, best versions of software available!

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Instead of buying 7 360s (which is close to 2000 spent in hardware), I invest that money into pc gaming instead. :D

Then I build the pc myself to get it on the cheap.

Btw I just bought GTA4, Red Faction Guerilla, Mirrors Edge on PC for the combined total of 21.49. Can't do that on a console! Lowest software prices, best versions of software available!

Chances are you won't even play those games.

Mrbob

It might be awhile. Buying games on Steam is like Pokemon for grown ups. :lol

Just throwing out the fallacy that you have to be rich to invest in pc gaming. Hardware isn't nearly as expensive as it used to be, and software prices are a lot lower.

I'm currently playing Torchlight and Defense Grid. Both great games and I would recommend them both when they come to 360 (only defense grid is confirmed right now!).

I also picked up Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast for $2.49 on steam, auto detects my 360 controller and plays great. Such a fun arcade title!

I will get you to join the pc revolution smokey! :D Lots of cool stuff to dig into! PC gaming is ripe with mid tier 10 to 20 dollar games that are fun to play.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
It might be awhile. Buying games on Steam is like Pokemon for grown ups. :lol

Just throwing out the fallacy that you have to be rich to invest in pc gaming. Hardware isn't nearly as expensive as it used to be, and software prices are a lot lower.

I'm currently playing Torchlight and Defense Grid. Both great games and I would recommend them both when they come to 360 (only defense grid is confirmed right now!).

I also picked up Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast for $2.49 on steam, auto detects my 360 controller and plays great. Such a fun arcade title!

I will get you to join the pc revolution smokey! :D Lots of cool stuff to dig into! PC gaming is ripe with mid tier 10 to 20 dollar games that are fun to play.

So basically you're buying a shit load of games, but even you acknowledge that it will probably be a while before you play them. So then my dear friend, is that also not wasting money? You have the attention span of a fly. No way you will play all of these games you are buying, therefore you are wasting money.

Mrbob

Better to waste 5 to 10 bucks a game than 60+...that is my point. :D I'll get to my games eventually on pc...I always do!

ph33nix said:
^I ought to have this bitch banned for talking this shit in a madden thread

Hahaha, says the guy who constantly talks shit in the madden thread but when it comes to the onfield action gets his ass kicked. :D

Rorschach

Steam sale is fucking awesome. Where else can you get Mirror's edge for 4 bucks or TF2 for a dollar? And it's the real version of TF2, not the watered down 360 mess.

BigAT

Even if it doesn't go on alphabetical order, I'm not so sure I would win the real tiebreaker over DM. I believe it goes on common opponents for us, and I don't have the patience right now to figure out which one of us controls that.

Rorschach

BigAT said:
Even if it doesn't go on alphabetical order, I'm not so sure I would win the real tiebreaker over DM. I believe it goes on common opponents for us, and I don't have the patience right now to figure out which one of us controls that.
You'd have the tie breaker over DM for seeding.

dskillzhtown

CB3 said:
who has left 4 dead 2? im gonna grab it at bestbuy tomorrow for 40 bucks.

BUY that shit. Me, Wellie, Bob, Daw and FMT have it. It would be nice to have a 4-player session going.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
dskillzhtown said:
BUY that shit. Me, Wellie, Bob, Daw and FMT have it. It would be nice to have a 4-player session going.

I have it as well, just haven't played it much yet.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
Plus you don't have a mic, so you wouldn't be much good to the team!

Pfftt that game never struck me as needing true team work, basically stay the fuck together cause the Zombies are on top of you practically all the time. At least that's what the first one was like.

Top Bottom