• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
im sure he has to watch Glee or some shit

Fifty said:
Can we get a mod to rename this the Left 4 Dead 2 thread? I'm getting bored of checking the thread, expecting to read about Madden games.

Simmer down, Schwartz.

CB3

i only played the first L4D 2 or 3 times at a friends house. so i might have trouble with a few things. but my exceptional skills at FPS's should even it out

CB3

i forgot to mention im prepared to play L4D sooner if the redskins choose to not show up. Which seems like thats whats happening currently

LukeSmith

Playing against randoms online is hilarious. SB Close PA pass all game, down 27-14 late in the fourth. Stopped on fourth down and the pause menu comes up.

Your opponent has requested a Friendly Quit.
Decline.
Your opponent has quit.
Continue against the CPU.

LukeSmith said:
Playing against randoms online is hilarious. SB Close PA pass all game, down 27-14 late in the fourth. Stopped on fourth down and the pause menu comes up.

Your opponent has requested a Friendly Quit.
Decline.
Your opponent has quit.
Continue against the CPU.

:lol

friendly quit! no shame in that!

Crow, can you play after the SNF game? If not, we'll have to do it tomorrow. I didn't get home from Atlanta until 8:30 due to the holiday traffic.

DMczaf

Make sure you have your apron

143235707v2_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

lol my food WAS cooking! did you guys want me to play and then have to leave!?

sorry bros! i'm around now if anyone wants to play, but i have some peeps coming over in an hour.... so maybe tomorrow would be best!

i have the entire week off from work! yes!!!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol my food WAS cooking! did you guys want me to play and then have to leave!?

sorry bros! i'm around now if anyone wants to play, but i have some peeps coming over in an hour.... so maybe tomorrow would be best!

i have the entire week off from work! yes!!!

Getting our tax dollars while taking vacations?

I'm going to make sure the Tea Baggers find where you live!

DMczaf

BTW, can one of our web geniuses extract the player ratings from the website so we'll be able to check which ratings improved after the progression is done?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Has anyone on here moved around their LB corps like say putting an OLB into the MLB position or vice versa? I saw a recommendation on a Giants MB to put Clint Sintim in over Pierce at MLB due to his speed... I'm considering doing this and either moving Pierce outside or doing something else but I am concerned because Sintim has been such a great sack artist for me this year that I'd hate to lose that.

My D this season is probably the worst it has been in my entire Madden career so I am looking to make some changes.

Wellington said:
Has anyone on here moved around their LB corps like say putting an OLB into the MLB position or vice versa? I saw a recommendation on a Giants MB to put Clint Sintim in over Pierce at MLB due to his speed... I'm considering doing this and either moving Pierce outside or doing something else but I am concerned because Sintim has been such a great sack artist for me this year that I'd hate to lose that.

My D this season is probably the worst it has been in my entire Madden career so I am looking to make some changes.

I've done MLB to OLB and didn't see any real negative side effects.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
How would you grade CB performance? I think ints are a throwaway stat due to different zone coverages, bad throws, etc. and look more towards pass deflections and receptions allowed.

I think Ike Taylor leads the league in PDs with 18, Asomugha has 16, Webster, Samuel, and a whole bunch of others have 14. Webster dropped from a 90 to an 88 OVR from last season to this one, we'll see what happens now. :| The game values ints and TAINTs very highly judging by the jump for the Cowboy CBs.

sableholic said:
I've done MLB to OLB and didn't see any real negative side effects.

With the Saints? Was there a big speed difference? Vilma is an 82 SPD so if anything you may have gone down in speed.

I value SPD more in OLBs than MLBs, but judging by the tackle numbers of a Ray Lewis or Mack Jackson, high SPD high PUR LBs in the middle are gold.

Wellington said:
How would you grade CB performance? I think ints are a throwaway stat due to different zone coverages, bad throws, etc. and look more towards pass deflections and receptions allowed.

I think Ike Taylor leads the league in PDs with 18, Asomugha has 16, Webster, Samuel, and a whole bunch of others have 14. Webster dropped from a 90 to an 88 OVR from last season to this one, we'll see what happens now. :| The game values ints and TAINTs very highly judging by the jump for the Cowboy CBs.

With the Saints? Was there a big speed difference? Vilma is an 82 SPD so if anything you may have gone down in speed.

I value SPD more in OLBs than MLBs, but judging by the tackle numbers of a Ray Lewis or Mack Jackson, high SPD high PUR LBs in the middle are gold.

It was last season, sorry should have said that. Last season I believe my stellar lb corp was at one point derrick brooks, vilma, and someone else (pretty sure it was still simoneau)? Prior to getting brooks in fa I know I was also playing mark simoneau out of position at olb because that was really my only option.

As for the cbs I'm pretty sure i had a good # of taints last year with greer and he fell in pts. I think its pretty random. I'd take pass defenses as well as a means of grading a cb.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
In the NFL, there are three teams that have given up 400 points or more, and three others likely to get there after next week (Seahawks could get there too with a blowout loss).

In our league 15 have given up over 400 points and three others will most likely get there after playing their games this week.

In the NFL, six teams have 400+ points scored, the Vikings have 396 and are playing tonight. The Giants are at 395 and have the game against Minnesota next week. The Ravens and Cards would have to score 30+ points in order to get to 400, making the total 10 teams. Only the Saints have scored 500 points.

In our league 16 teams have scored over 400 points and the Jags and Seahawks both have realistic shots of getting over that threshold. There would be a total of 18 teams having scored over 400 points. Six teams are over 500 points, and one is at 499.

On the season, CB scored 605 points, which would beat the NFL record set by the Patriots in the 07 season of 589 points by a pretty good margin.

daw840

LiveWire said:
All thanks to the ridiculous # of INTs. Thanks EA!

IDK, I would venture that we don't read the defense like an NFL QB though, lol. I bet if you put even a college QB behind the sticks he wouldn't make even nearly as many dumb throws as I do.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
IDK, I would venture that we don't read the defense like an NFL QB though, lol. I bet if you put even a college QB behind the sticks he wouldn't make even nearly as many dumb throws as I do.
I was just going to post this. Aside from say pressing the wrong button or the occasional BS like a ball going through a guys' hands, pretty much all of the picks are a result of bad decision making.

daw840

Someone needs to keep track of how many overall INTs are thrown this year, and compare that to next season. Just to see if people are getting better at deciding who to throw the ball to.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
I was just going to post this. Aside from say pressing the wrong button or the occasional BS like a ball going through a guys' hands, pretty much all of the picks are a result of bad decision making.

Sure, some are bad decision making, but at least a quarter of them (I'd venture up to half) are still the leaping-one-handed-no-look-turn-around picks by defenders--particularly linebackers with sub 75 JMP ratings.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
Someone needs to keep track of how many overall INTs are thrown this year, and compare that to next season. Just to see if people are getting better at deciding who to throw the ball to.
I am a lot better about not throwing picks but I think league wide we are higher. Let's call it the BJ Effect. ;)

Livewire said:
Sure, some are bad decision making, but at least a quarter of them (I'd venture up to half) are still the leaping-one-handed-no-look-turn-around picks by defenders--particularly linebackers with sub 75 JMP ratings.

That happens way less this year than in the past, however I did throw an insane pick to BJ Raji, all 330 pounds of him went sky high to grab that. And Cullen Jenkins, the 300 pound DE, returned a pick in which not one of my offensive players was fast enough to catch him. :|

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
this.

DCX

CB3

Its not that many. not even close. im sure more INT's came off throws while being hit and a DE getting them.

LJ11

If EA nerfs defense anymore than they already have there won't be a reason to play. Problem is the deep ball, it's MIA. Everyone protects the middle of the field first, they squat with a safety even when they have mediocre corners because you can't get by them in one on situations. What's the point of PA, it only sucks up the middle linebackers. If you fuck up with a safety you're okay because your corners have your ass covered.

I complained going into this year that defenders (CB's), don't flip their hips and commit to a deep route when they're covering a deep third. You have to flip your hips at some point unless you're playing 15 yards off the line. It's common to have a receiver run a 10 yard vertical stem route, and if he's even with a DB playing a deep third he has the option to go deep, if not he breaks it off and runs a comeback. It's the most common shit, yet in madden, the DB stays in his backpeddle forever.

You can run some route combos, send a WR deep to clear a DB playing a deep third with a slot receiver running a corner route. The corner route should be a very completable route if there is no underneath defender to defend the corner route, because the DB should have flipped his hips and taken the deep WR. Yet in Madden, he stays in his backpeddle, and is magically able to defend both the deep ball and the corner. Granted some corners do a better job at defending both routes than others, so it's still a feasible option. But ninja DBs exist because these fuckers don't flip their hips.

With respect to leaping LBs, you need to do a better job at reading coverages and sending guys in front of said defenders. LB AI is atrocious in pass coverage compared to '09 or even '08. I still think int totals are a product of everyone defending the middle of the field first.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
daw840 said:

First Number is the difference between this year and last year, on thrown interceptions (i.e. Arizona threw 6 less INT's this current year than he did last year, and Buffalo threw 4 more this year than he did last year)

Second Number is the difference in the INT's picked off by that teams defense (i.e. Arizona picked off 4 more than he did the previous year, Atlanta 14 less)

Code:
Arizona Cardinals	-6	4
Atlanta Falcons	-1	-14
Baltimore Ravens	-2	-6
Buffalo Bills	4	-3
Carolina Panthers	-5	6
Chicago Bears	10	-1
Cincinnati Bengals	3	-3
Cleveland Browns	5	0
Dallas Cowboys	1	-13
Denver Broncos	-11	7
Detroit Lions	-8	-8
Green Bay Packers	-8	-5
Houston Texans	2	9
Indianapolis Colts	4	-6
Jacksonville Jags	-21	0
Kansas City Chiefs	-5	0
Miami Dolphins	-5	-6
Minnesota Vikings	10	-10
NE Patriots	-11	7
New Orleans Saints	9	-6
New York Giants	-3	12
New York Jets	-12	-8
Oakland Raiders	4	4
Phil. Eagles	-14	19
Pitt. Steelers	0	18
SD Chargers	9	-12
San F 49ers 	-1	1
Seattle Seahawks	-17	-1
St. Louis Rams	-1	-18
Tampa Bay Buccs	1	3
Tennessee Titans	4	-18
Washington Skins	13	-4

There have been 52 less INT's this year than last (816 to this years 764)

Code:
Arizona Cardinals	2
Atlanta Falcons	-15
Baltimore Ravens	19
Buffalo Bills	33
Carolina Panthers	-33
Chicago Bears	-7
Cincinnati Bengals	-28
Cleveland Browns	-8
Dallas Cowboys	15
Denver Broncos	17
Detroit Lions	-29
Green Bay Packers	16
Houston Texans	-44
Indianapolis Colts	0
Jacksonville Jags	-1
Kansas City Chiefs	-46
Miami Dolphins	-17
Minnesota Vikings	-4
NE Patriots	8
New Orleans Saints	-4
New York Giants	0
New York Jets	-12
Oakland Raiders	31
Phil. Eagles	37
Pitt. Steelers	21
SD Chargers	32
S Fran 49ers	-21
Seattle Seahawks	4
St. Louis Rams	4
Tampa Bay Buccs	34
Tennessee Titans	-4
Washington Skins	0

This is the current, 2 year Turnover Ratio for each team.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
so here is my schedule for tonight bluemax:
-probably won't get out of work until 9 or so est
-in-laws getting in right aroudn then too, going to have dinner with them around 10 maybe?
-might be able to sneak in madden after that

tomorrow is ugly, i have a conference call with japan starting at 9 that will probably stretch for at least a few hours but who knows

daw840

Well, it's now painfully obvious how much worse JRuss is than Favre was. Plus, what the hell happened to my defense? No one retired, I haven't changed much about how I call the plays, but I have 10 less INTs this year? I have no idea what has happened.

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Well, it's now painfully obvious how much worse JRuss is than Favre was. Plus, what the hell happened to my defense? No one retired, I haven't changed much about how I call the plays, but I have 10 less INTs this year? I have no idea what has happened.
Same here...the problem for me that i can tell is that i went into an attacking pressing D as opposed to a zone scheme. It resulted in 14 less ints, now what i would like to see if it resulted in more sacks and fumbles.

DCX

LiveWire

LJ, totally agree on the deep ball/DB issue. The LB issue I was referring to isn't crossing route or in/out routes that get jumped. It's 15-20 yd easy passes over the middle or the seam where a TE or a slot receiver is wide open, with safeties too deep to run in and make a play. It should be a matter of hitting the button (unless the TE/player drops it). But every time without fail a MLB or ILB, regardless of rating/attributes, makes a leaping fingertip deflection, or, in some cases, a one-handed pick. It's just too common. Whether it's EA nerfing the passing game or what, I dunno, I just hope it changes next year.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
764 ints. :lol

I got killed when I lost Eli. 6 picks in 45 attempts, a pick per every 7.5 attempts, jeez. :lol

Lowering the amount of turnovers given up was a priority for me this year. I was unaware that the number of takeaways had increased so dramatically for me.

Interesting note - Sack numbers decreased and int number increased by almost the same amount.

Huh, another note - the biggest decreases in interception numbers are the surprise improvements overall, Birdman and TheCrow

CB3

LiveWire said:
LJ, totally agree on the deep ball/DB issue. The LB issue I was referring to isn't crossing route or in/out routes that get jumped. It's 15-20 yd easy passes over the middle or the seam where a TE or a slot receiver is wide open, with safeties too deep to run in and make a play. It should be a matter of hitting the button (unless the TE/player drops it). But every[/] time without fail a MLB or ILB, regardless of rating/attributes, makes a leaping fingertip deflection, or, in some cases, a one-handed pick. It's just too common. Whether it's EA nerfing the passing game or what, I dunno, I just hope it changes next year.

So if you know its gonna happen stop making those passes if there is a LB that can make that play?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I thought the most shocking thing was, that FMT has a turnover ratio of -21 over the last 2 seasons. The High and Mighty have not only fallen, but flatlined.

TheCrow

Thanks Lonestar. Looks like I made some good improvements in not forcing passes and my defense was helped by the new players I picked up.

Seems that this week will advance wednesday. I'm playing storybook today and will probably lose. But I will try to stream it on ustream. Everyone might get a inside look on all of my bench players.

bluemax

Banned
AstroLad said:
so here is my schedule for tonight bluemax:
-probably won't get out of work until 9 or so est
-in-laws getting in right aroudn then too, going to have dinner with them around 10 maybe?
-might be able to sneak in madden after that

tomorrow is ugly, i have a conference call with japan starting at 9 that will probably stretch for at least a few hours but who knows
I didn't have Internet when I left this morning but I'll call verizon today to see if they can step shit up.

On deep passes, Ive been messing around in practice mode to see if it would be possible to implement a more vertically oriented passing attack and it just doesn't seem likely. The deep
come back route is almost always a pick and streaks are just so ridiculously low percentage. They're pretty much impossible to complete if the defense is in Cover 2.

It seems like a corner almost never gets completely beat off the line. Could just be Housh though.

Top Bottom