• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar said:
Code:
[B]New Orleans Saints	9	-6[/B]

:(

need to work on this during the offseason. I started this year on a tear offensively and ended it in a flurry of interceptions.

CB3 said:
So if you know its gonna happen stop making those passes if there is a LB that can make that play?

The fact is a nfl qb can easily make these throws. In madden you simply cant and its really annoying/frustrating. It allows defenses to leave that guy pretty much wide open knowing they'll get a miracle knock down.

DMczaf

LukeSmith said:
FrenchMovie Theme
Playing Mass Effect Level 13 Vanguard
Difficulty: Casual

smh

It's like that time DM played Halo 3 on Easy.

Campaign Complete: Legendary
Completed the Campaign on Legendary difficulty.
Acquired 9/29/2007

I don't need this crap!

TheCrow said:
Thanks Lonestar. Looks like I made some good improvements in not forcing passes and my defense was helped by the new players I picked up.

Seems that this week will advance wednesday. I'm playing storybook today and will probably lose. But I will try to stream it on ustream. Everyone might get a inside look on all of my bench players.

Don't worry, I'll keep it close but I'll eventually lose. You could always borrow Smokey's golden horseshoe!

Your bench could probably be my starters..... :(

LiveWire

sableholic said:
The fact is a nfl qb can easily make these throws. In madden you simply cant and its really annoying/frustrating. It allows defenses to leave that guy pretty much wide open knowing they'll get a miracle knock down.

Bingo. Even the real-life JRuss can make these kinds of throws to the real-life Zach Miller.

As for CB's comment, it made me laugh to think about passing in Madden. Kinda like a computer program:

IF pass to flats;

THEN Short gain
ELSE No gain
ELSE Tackle for loss
ELSE Interception

IF pass over middle

THEN Interception
ELSE Pass deflection

IF deep pass

THEN Interception
ELSE Pass deflection

etc etc

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
You guys are crazy. There is a lob pass function in the game for a reason. If QBs were to throw darts every time out, like some do in our league, most passes would be batted down at the LOS, they wouldn't even make it to the back 7.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I might throw up some more year comparison stats later, perhaps at home. Still would like to get the full week 17 finished, so I'd have complete regular season stats.

Season 1 stats

Lonestar said:
I thought the most shocking thing was, that FMT has a turnover ratio of -21 over the last 2 seasons. The High and Mighty have not only fallen, but flatlined.

yeah i've made some bad throws, but it also doesn't help that i have fumbling machine frank gore on my team :/

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
that death in left 4 dead was bullshit. we needed two people. lonestar and dskillz should be ashamed

Lonestar

CB3 said:
that death in left 4 dead was bullshit. we needed two people. lonestar and dskillz should be ashamed

I can't help it that apparently I'm supposed to work this week....Shittastic fact that it is...

Fucking Inventory...

DMczaf

5 games left

Seahawks @ Cards

Chargers @ Chiefs

Titans @ Jaguars

Vikings @ Lions

Broncos @ Rams

animated_coach_clapping.gif

Let's get it together, guys!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Holy crap.

105 less pass attempts from last season for Eli (missed three games tho). Moochball forever! 61 less pass attempts overall including Carr and Bomar. Niiiice.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
You guys are crazy. There is a lob pass function in the game for a reason. If QBs were to throw darts every time out, like some do in our league, most passes would be batted down at the LOS, they wouldn't even make it to the back 7.

Lob passing without a 90+ rated QB=Interception. In fact, in most cases, passing in general without a 90+ rated QB=interception. :lol In Madden GAF, there's only like 5 or 6 QBs in the league with more TDs than INTs. In the NFL, 23 starting QBs have more TDs than INTs.

LiveWire said:
Lob passing without a 90+ rated QB=Interception. In fact, in most cases, passing in general without a 90+ rated QB=interception. :lol In Madden GAF, there's only like 5 or 6 QBs in the league with more TDs than INTs. In the NFL, 23 starting QBs have more TDs than INTs.

i'm glad i have jack. he leads the league in yardage* and had 29 TD's... i suspect that will get me a nice boost in his rating!

* tied with P. Manning LUKE!

CB3

Honestly in most games, no matter the QB, alot of the passes that i pick off arent from shitty QB's, they are the product of shitty reads. Or predictability that i take advantage of. Not because some LB made a superman catch or whatever.

Lonestar

I don't have Sable's script at this computer, but I know a few things that helped me win more, and make the playoffs this year over last year:

1. Tom Brady not being injured for 4 games (all loses) :lol
2. My Running game almost Doubled overall.
3. My Turnover margin went from -8 to 16+
4. Almost 20% better on 3rd down conversions, and a large improvement on Red Zone TD scoring.
5. Brady had similar numbers to last year, rating wise. Pass attempts, yards, and touchdowns were down, because I didn't throw as often, and I threw 47 times with Tibrow. Take Brady's 20 TD's and Tibrow's 8 TD's, and I threw 28 TD's to 16 INT's. Better than last years 27 TD's 28 INT's (might be different, I don't know if I did anything with Kyle Orton's 7 TD/7 INT's)
6. Improved Return game.

My Run defense ended up about the same.

But, 1 definite slide over last year. My pass defense is about 100 yards more per game now. From 160 ypg to somewhere around 240/250 ypg.

If I could have (or accomplish next year) similar pass defense marks, of my 1st season, with the offensive improvements I had this year, I'd be fighting for best record instead of a Wildcard spot.

to be honest i would say that 10-20% of the ints are "bullshit", nothing more. you can't really call the INT's where you get hit and it flies up bullshit because what do you expect to happen?

i think i've thrown 24 int's this year and maybe 6 of them were on tips, i've had a couple "overthrow int's" (i like that these are basically built in.... you have a guy that seems open an its just an off target throw), a couple "where the fuck did he come from?", but the majority i was getting pressured and was just trying to make something happen.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Holy crap.

105 less pass attempts from last season for Eli (missed three games tho). Moochball forever! 61 less pass attempts overall including Carr and Bomar. Niiiice.

I threw less this year - and less throws to RB and TE this year. Wayne was way beneath where he was last season, too. Hopefully he doesn't spite retire - I'll get you involved Reggie, I swear!

DMczaf said:
I got my sacks taken down from 43 to 34

Freeman might have career longer than 5 seasons!

better pray to god i dont make the playoffs. patrick willis has a career ending injury in store for freeman after that broken tackle he made in our regular season game.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
better pray to god i dont make the playoffs. patrick willis has a career ending injury in store for freeman after that broken tackle he made in our regular season game.

It wasn't just a broken tackle, he shoved Willis away like the child he is.

Freeman with 300+ rushing yards, gotta get that up to mid 500s next season!

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm glad i have jack. he leads the league in yardage* and had 29 TD's... i suspect that will get me a nice boost in his rating!

* tied with P. Manning LUKE!

Manning getting hurt for a half against LJ cost me individual honors, thankfully the workmanlike Curtis Painter came in and threw for 200 yards and 3 TDs in a half of work to keep the Colts the number 1 passing offense in the league!

Colts_Camp_Football_Reyn_t607.jpg

TRIFORCE!

Lonestar

Yeah, I threw to my RB's and TE's less. Watson had somewhere around 50 catches last season, and I think finished with 22. Welker had about the same # of catches, but almost double the actual yardage. I threw to Fred Taylor around 40 times, and threw to Fargas about 28 times. I threw to Bellows 80 times, versus Randy Moss' 64 times. But they had around the same amount of yards, and Moss had 6 more TD catches.

I did ok in throwing the INT's. I just had 2 or 3 games where shit just went wrong, and I would throw 4 or 5. Check some of my losses, that's where they are. I'd say most of them were with Super Jumping LB's (games versus LJ :p)

There are just some routes I won't throw, because they seem to just be gobbled up as INT's. Regular ole Out Routes, Comeback routes, even most regular hook routes.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Yeah, I threw to my RB's and TE's less. Watson had somewhere around 50 catches last season, and I think finished with 22. Welker had about the same # of catches, but almost double the actual yardage. I threw to Fred Taylor around 40 times, and threw to Fargas about 28 times. I threw to Bellows 80 times, versus Randy Moss' 64 times. But they had around the same amount of yards, and Moss had 6 more TD catches.

I did ok in throwing the INT's. I just had 2 or 3 games where shit just went wrong, and I would throw 4 or 5. Check some of my losses, that's where they are. I'd say most of them were with Super Jumping LB's (games versus LJ :p)

There are just some routes I won't throw, because they seem to just be gobbled up as INT's. Regular ole Out Routes, Comeback routes, even most regular hook routes.

Nitpicking, but you targeted Bellows way more than his 80 receptions probably show. I wish there was some even deeper stats available - like how many times guys were targeted. Gimme more stats, EA. I want more!

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
Nitpicking, but you targeted Bellows way more than his 80 receptions probably show. I wish there was some even deeper stats available - like how many times guys were targeted. Gimme more stats, EA. I want more!

Probably. I don't think he ever had major problems with Drops. It's why I went to him so many times. Then of course, there's straight up incompletions and deflections. I don't know how many incompletions I threw on the year, but figure 20-40% would have been towards Bellows.

I do know, I didn't throw ANYWHERE near the amount of WR Screens I did in season 1. 99% of all passes thrown to my WR's this year, were past the line of scrimmage.

bluemax

Banned
One thing that has helped me this year is having a running game. I threw on every play most of last season and throwing in the red zone is easily the toughest most dangerous place to throw.

Being able to pound it in with Leron is probably a big difference in my INT totals 32 last season to 15 this season. The other is probably learning what throws I can make and what throws I can't make. I wish I was better at making throws to Housh.

Lonestar

bluemax said:
One thing that has helped me this year is having a running game. I threw on every play most of last season and throwing in the red zone is easily the toughest most dangerous place to throw.

Being able to pound it in with Leron is probably a big difference in my INT totals 32 last season to 15 this season. The other is probably learning what throws I can make and what throws I can't make. I wish I was better at making throws to Housh.

Yeah, having Tibrow has made the redzone a successful area, instead of "another blown Redzone appearance because of interceptions" Tibrow is my inside the 5 yard line QB.

CB3

Wellington said:
And you still have a bye week to go after this. :lol

im gonna be like the real life colts. i didnt even play with donovan last game. Him and Vick are two different play styles. im getting bounced in the first round confirmed

Rorschach

I know the interception I threw vs the Pats to ice the game was totally my fault. Most INTs usually are bad decisions or bad reads. I have made some boneheaded plays this season. :( There are a few that are bullshit. In that same Pats game that there was one where Higgins was wide open, but the guy 20 yards out and covering DHB spidey-sensed that the ball was in the air, turned on a dime, closed in (there was about 10-15 yards difference at this point) and picked it clean out of the air without any contention from Higgins. And DHB didn't seem to mind either. The closing speed is way, way too fast by the safeties and corners.

All that said, from what I've seen and from my own QB play, the vast majority of interceptions are the player's fault. I haven't played everyone, but that's just from my experience.

Lonestar

I do know that I was sacked more this season than I was last season, 5 or 10 more times.

I'd like to say it was taking a sack, to avoid throwing a mistake pass. But it was probably just playing LJ twice.

Mrbob

I would probably say the vast majority of ints this season are people not willing to take a sack on a play. I'm guilty of this plenty of times. Would be nice if there was an easier way to throw away the ball. With the current setting if you are in the pocket and want to throw it away it is intentional grounding. In the NFL you see QBs all the time with no one open and in the pocket overthrow his WR out of bounds to avoid the sack and losing yardage. There is no way to do this in madden.

daw840

Mrbob said:
I would probably say the vast majority of ints this season are people not willing to take a sack on a play. I'm guilty of this plenty of times. Would be nice if there was an easier way to throw away the ball. With the current setting if you are in the pocket and want to throw it away it is intentional grounding. In the NFL you see QBs all the time with no one open and in the pocket overthrow his WR out of bounds to avoid the sack and losing yardage. There is no way to do this in madden.

Or they throw into the turf at the feet of a receiver. I would really like for this to be an option in Madden, you hardly ever see an intentional ground call IRL.

Lonestar

daw840 said:
Or they throw into the turf at the feet of a receiver. I would really like for this to be an option in Madden, you hardly ever see an intentional ground call IRL.

Don't you have something like this already? Just throw it at the recievers, JRUSS will only be accurate 30% of the time. Instant and Safe Grounding 70% success!!

daw840

Lonestar said:
Don't you have something like this already? Just throw it at the recievers, JRUSS will only be accurate 30% of the time. Instant and Safe Grounding 70% success!!

Oh no, if I try to do that JRuss will surely throw it directly into the hands of a waiting DB.

Fifty

Intentional Grounding is a joke. You press the grounding button, it's a penalty. So no one is ever going to do it. People just press a receiver button and it's never, ever called as intentional grounding, no matter where the ball goes. I usually have two sacks a game negated because of the QB's ability to get the ball away to no one in particular under pressure.

Good idea forthcoming:

What they should do is take away the grounding button and have a triple tap of the receiver's button be a purposeful overthrow to that WR/RB. Then you can have a certain % of these called as penalties, and some not. I think it'd fix the issue completely.

Top Bottom