• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
daw840 said:
I don't think Dskillz was doing it intentionally, but this was exactly what was happening in my last game. I was at the line ready to snap the ball and he would audible, while his defense was moving all over the place I would snap the ball thinking it would catch them with their pants down. No, it was nearly instant pressure when that happened. I think I actually got sacked on a running play before JRuss was even able to hand the ball off.

I was flipping my defensive play or audibling to stop the AP train whenever I though I had the defense on the wrong side. Unfortunately my defense wasn't done flipping sides/moving when you snapped and ended up getting good penetration. It wasn't intentional.

edit - This Redskins/Chargers game has been good so far.

Mrbob

That was a close, tough game. My D came up with a bunch of turnovers in that game which helped me secure the win. I can almost sum up the game in two plays in the first quarter.

BigAT had an amazing opening drive, marching down the field. He hit Driver heading towards the end zone. I grabbed urlacher and rushed at him going for the hit stick. I hit him right at the 1 yard line, caused a fumble and recovered it!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15122899

I got the ball out to the 5 on a dump pass, and on 3rd and 5 from my own 5 I hit Hester deep. He ended up breaking a tackle and taking the play to the house:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15122962

Those two plays were huge in the game, virtually a 14 point swing. Enough of a swing to allow me to hold on in the end. Was a good game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fucking piece of shit PS3 eye toy and mac + shitty time warner road runner :( The eye toy was not meant to me used with a mac.

trying out borderlands
http://www.justin.tv/matrixadwgaf#r=pRakuzM

I'm testing this video shit out and it has annoying delay on it.

Fifty

Matrix said:
Fucking piece of shit PS3 eye toy and mac + shitty time warner road runner :( The eye toy was not meant to me used with a mac.

trying out borderlands
http://www.justin.tv/matrixadwgaf#r=pRakuzM

I'm testing this video shit out and it has annoying delay on it.

It looks horrible. You should stick to saving up pennies to buy a mic and figuring out how to use an AIM client on your mac without it crashing (Ichat works perfectly on mine, for example)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Wow the guy who never uses aim or his headset is now broadcasting his gaming prowess to the world!

Headset doesnt work, I use to use one. I can't get the stupid thing to work with my airport.

Aim, I don't use cause of you!

Smokey

Game w/ Livewire was crazy. I think Rivers and Campbell both had 4 INTs:lol . I know in the beginning I was more concerned of just seeing if this worked so I was just flingin it. Oh yeah, and my DL Cesaire had an amazing INT. Fat boy jumped like 25 inches off the ground to get the ball once Campbell was hit:lol

Whoever watched it, how was the vid quality?

Matrix

Fifty said:
It looks horrible. You should stick to saving up pennies to buy a mic and figuring out how to use an AIM client on your mac without it crashing (Ichat works perfectly on mine, for example)

ichat doesn't crash for me anymore, my computer goes into sleep mode and boots me off. Ive been meaning to fix that, but I hardly use ichat.

I can't figure out the mic thing though, last game it was able to work with was Halo 2 and thats when I was using a different router.

LiveWire

Smokey said:
Game w/ Livewire was crazy. I think Rivers and Campbell both had 4 INTs:lol . I know in the beginning I was more concerned of just seeing if this worked so I was just flingin it.

Yea, gg. I need to learn how to kick FGs. My thumb always seems to slide off up to the right and they just miss. When I try to focus going straight up, I mis-time it and don't get a full bar. :(

Glad to see my experiment worked though, now to see how it works next season. :D

Matrix

Smokey said:

Not as bad as Crows, but not good and worth sitting through. None of these are working well. Of course on my computer my own feeds on justintv and ustream look great, but as soon as you broadcast it looks awful.

LiveWire

Matrix said:
Not as bad as Crows, but not good and worth sitting through. None of these are working well. Of course on my computer my own feeds on justintv and ustream look great, but as soon as you broadcast it looks awful.

I'll try broadcasting one this weekend. Is it a bandwidth issue or a camera quality issue? If it's bandwidth I should be OK with my FIOS. But I'm using the XBL Vision Camera.

Matrix

Yea im going to try that.

Smokey

Matrix said:

Alright cool.

I'll leave it off but Crow and I are about to play. I noticed a bit of lag when it was on.

Matrix

LiveWire said:
I'll try broadcasting one this weekend. Is it a bandwidth issue or a camera quality issue? If it's bandwidth I should be OK with my FIOS. But I'm using the XBL Vision Camera.

I doubt it's the PS3 eye toy camera quality issue cause it looks amazing on my mac, even though it's not even supposed to work with it.

It's got to be bandwidth issue, useless Time Warner cable.

from op sports (i posted about our problem with the playoff seedings and who got in):

A)
I can ABSOLUTELY confirm it's not done by alphabetical order. In the OS Online Franchise, both Houston and Tennessee finished 8-8, leading the AFC South, but the Texans beat the Titans both times, thus winning the tiebreaker. However, when we advanced to the playoffs, it was the Titans who got the division title and the playoff birth.

B)
Get in touch with Ryan Ferwerda at EA Tiburon. He and another Online Franchise engineer were able to fix our playoff seedings prior to us beginning the postseason. They also fixed our draft order for us, upon request. All you have to do is ask, you may be surprised what people are willing to do to help out.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:
from op sports (i posted about our problem with the playoff seedings and who got in):

So they can fix on a case-by-case basis by request, but can't fix the programming in the first place?

DMczaf

dskillzhtown said:
So they can fix on a case-by-case basis by request, but can't fix the programming in the first place?

What you don't understand is that because online franchise is server based, they are able to fix problems without a patch....er wait...what?

Matrix

Good god my connection is not this shitty, this upsets me :(

LJ11

The only person I've played more than Rors in scrimmages is Luke, I think I played him half a dozen times just last week.

Really no secrets, will come down to execution.

Matrix

Holy shit the lag with Marvel was brutal :| Not even worth playing.

Anyone want to play Madden?

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol wtf is up with your connection matrix?

That was ustream, not my connecton :p Play me in Madden.

It's fine, I had to turn off the stupid webcam.

Matrix

I tested out Borderlands/Madden on justintv and the quality picture was shit, but it didnt cause lag.

Ustream caused game lag with Marvel, but the pic quality was better.

Matrix

DCX said:
I need to scrim someone...let me know.

DCX

I'll scrim after a few Marvel rounds.

Matrix

I'm coming DCX, you host.

Top Bottom