• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Wow the Broncos and Chargers game looks like it was wild.
Won't be as wild as the 13-10 game DM and I will have later today!

I mean seriously who plays D anymore besides DM!? :|

Edit: Holy shit two Jackson kickoff returns. Out of 6 TDs Crow scored 2 on offense. :lol

TheCrow

Wellington said:
Won't be as wild as the 13-10 game DM and I will have later today!

I mean seriously who plays D anymore besides DM!? :|

Edit: Holy shit two Jackson kickoff returns. Out of 6 TDs Crow scored 2 on offense. :lol

I haven't been able to run the ball consistently and I don't like passing because of my bad reads. :( I rely too much on defensive and special teams(I <3 DeSean) TDs.

I can't wait to play LJ. He's really good and I want to see if I can rise up to the occasion.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheCrow said:
I haven't been able to run the ball consistently and I don't like passing because of my bad reads. :( I rely too much on defensive and special teams(I <3 DeSean) TDs.

I can't wait to play LJ. He's really good and I want to see if I can rise up to the occasion.
If I ever get to play LJ in the league I am going max protect all day. :lol

LiveWire

Smokey said:
btw I know some people here have play(ed) Mass Effect. How long does Mass Effect take to complete? I've had the game since launch and I've only put in 2 hrs :lol . Would like to complete it before the sequel.

I got it for PC about a month ago and put it 5 or 6 hours into it and I haven't even left the first area yet. :lol Typical Bioware RPG, good overall plot, but needs editing, lots of useless fluff and overly large areas to walk around. I'd say you're in for at least 40-50 hours.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
don't worry, the guy we talked about is better than turner. trust me on that ;)

although i haven't for sure decided to trade him. he is awfully good :/

Gore?!

9728_1166858739374_1465080001_30533285_6979690_n.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
When are Cold and Bob playing? DM and I are playing as soon as I get home
and shovel my driveway
. We can definitely be done with this season this weekend if Bob cooperates!

Nightz

Is it too early to start lobbying for a date to do the draft? :D Assuming the season ends this weekend and we get the free agency stuff done during the next week, it's possible that the draft will be next weekend. If this is the case, please do it on Saturday! I'll be out of town Sunday night. :(

I can't wait to see the draft order. I could possibly be as high as #4 or as low as #11. :lol

Nightz said:
Is it too early to start lobbying for a date to do the draft? :D Assuming the season ends this weekend and we get the free agency stuff done during the next week, it's possible that the draft will be next weekend. If this is the case, please do it on Saturday! I'll be out of town Sunday night. :(

I can't wait to see the draft order. I could possibly be as high as #4 or as low as #11. :lol

Yep same deal here, waiting to see where livewire's pick falls in that 4-12 cluster

As long as its not this sunday or the upcoming wednesday (i'll be driving from rochester to va and va to rochester those days) I should be ok to do the draft/fa.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sable, I meant to ask if you had the ability to do a script page for individual players with Kick return and punt returns?

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
Sable, I meant to ask if you had the ability to do a script page for individual players with Kick return and punt returns?
Devante Sanders has to be in top 5 in each.

DCX

BigAT

So now that I'm out of the playoffs I guess I'm required to join the group complaining that they aren't finishing fast enough.

WE'VE BEEN ADVANCED FOR 14 HOURS ALREADY AND THE SUPER BOWL ISN'T DONE? WHAT'S THE HOLDUP? FUCKING BOB.

Lonestar

Lonestar said:

Updated the script with KR/PR stats, let me know if you see anything wrong:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/56832

DCX said:
Devante Sanders has to be in top 5 in each.

DCX

he is in PR, not KR though

Lonestar said:
Updated these 2 spreadsheets with the full regular season stats:

Season differences + Career Stats (Team)

Season 2 stats (Teams and Players)

Great stuff although tough for me to look at as almost every facet of my game decreased. Rushing however went up big time, 36 more attempts but 658 more yards.

One request though, can you freeze the first row in the season 1 stats?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
If I am reading it right, my defense got better slightly while my offense went south. Of course the Dallas Massacre might have had something to do with that...

DMczaf said:
Ravens with the lowest amount of penalties per game.

0.3 per game. wtf

yep and I have the most... the one game I had a holding called on me on almost every kick return so I just stopped returning it. Then again some of them are definitely my fault as I do get delay of game penalties (although I cut those down)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Holy shit I gave up seven more sacks this season than last, I only got sacked 13 times this season. :lol

In 11 less rushing attempts I gained 242 more yards!

Much better in terms of takeways, but not that great with the TOs. These are very telling stats, thanks Lone!

Denver Broncos difference in giveaways -15.

Denver Broncos difference in takeaways +10

Total difference of +25 to the turnover ratio.

That explains his record.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
Holy shit I gave up seven more sacks this season than last, I only got sacked 13 times this season. :lol
I think I got sacked by your Giants in our playoff game as much as I had the entire season (including a game against you). Or close.

Lonestar

sableholic said:
Updated the script with KR/PR stats, let me know if you see anything wrong:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/56832

he is in PR, not KR though

Great stuff although tough for me to look at as almost every facet of my game decreased. Rushing however went up big time, 36 more attempts but 658 more yards.

One request though, can you freeze the first row in the season 1 stats?

Thanks for the scripts. I just checked Bellows, and the numbers I came up with (going game by game...) matches up exactly. I was surprised by some of the high number of kick return attempts. I didn't think Bellows had 74 kick returns...and that there's some with over 90!.

I will freeze those rows on Season 1 now.

CK: Yeah, I'm sure that helped him alot. Also, his scoring defense dropped like 10 points. So, 10 less a game against him, and he increased his own scoring by 5 points, so 15 point swing. I scored 7 more points, but gave up 4-5 more, per game. So I only had a 2-3 point swing in my favour. Stupid Pass Defense.

A few people had insane TO turnaround. I gave up 14 less this year, and gained 10 more on defense, for a 24 TO swing. CB3 with his Hax defense, had a 33 TO change!!!!!!

Smokey

Lonestar said:
Well, you ran 40 times more in S2, and passed 68 less times in S2, and increased in yardage per play in both.

Unless you threw alot more INT's or something.

Oh yeah, here's the Season 1 stats, with the players, if you guys want to see what difference JRUSS had moving into the Purple Cold.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuuGLySv1GfCdGtMSHNybmgtelJxOGUtTXZ6bDZSUVE&hl=en

I went from 11 INTs in season one to 20ish in Season 2. I also had much fewer takeaways compared to last season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
I think I got sacked by your Giants in our playoff game as much as I had the entire season (including a game against you). Or close.
Yes I was forced to make some adjustments on D, which is why they came out like a ball of fire in the first half.

Aside from the double sacks tho, I did not hit you as much as I wanted to. I was hoping to end Warner's career. :D

Lonestar

I threw up the KR and PR info onto the season 2 file, but it includes the playoff games results, as of now (2 games in the Divisional round completed) Playoff stats now taken out. Too bad, because DeShean Jackson had a 6 return for 318 yard and 2 TD performance.

CB3 said:
Its highway robbery If Donovan doesn't win MVP

I should win the I got screwed out of the playoffs by EA, but still take the time to make their website not blow ass award.

Lone when the season advances did you want to do the player rating pt difference spreadsheet or did you want me to? I figured you are on a roll with these difference spreadsheets so I was going to just post another spreadsheet like the first after the season advances/before fa and then let you do the dirty work if that's alright.

Lonestar

sableholic said:
I should win the I got screwed out of the playoffs by EA, but still take the time to make their website not blow ass award.

Lone when the season advances did you want to do the player rating pt difference spreadsheet or did you want me to? I figured you are on a roll with these difference spreadsheets so I was going to just post another spreadsheet like the first after the season advances/before fa and then let you do the dirty work if that's alright.

Sure thing, I think I'll be able to do it. The only downside I know, is players not being on the list (retirement/Free Agency) and if new people are on the list (Draft). Do you know if you we can get the player progression before the draft, and just have everyone list their retiree's here so I can try to deal with that situation? Or are we stuck without having the website not show progression until the season officially starts (meaning wee, gotta move around the draftee's as well.

I'm going off the idea of sorting the players by name, since it's the only thing that won't change (ratings change and there are duplicate numbers all over the place; players change teams). Once I get the list of players to match the spacing of the current Season 2 one, just simple "Subtract season 2 spot (ex. "Speed") from Season 3 Spot of the same thing. Copy formula both directions for all ratings and all players, and that "should" do it. It's the long and tedious method!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I wouldn't mind counting votes for MVP, DPOTY, OPOTY, OROY, DROY, etc.... as long as everyone isn't like Lone and only votes for their team. :lol

DM and I will play in 30 mins. This game is the only thing between me and sweet delicious alcohol. Happy New Year's Day Madden GAF!

:lol

that was probably the funniest game i've played this year luke. NOTHING went right for me after the first drive. gimme picks? dropped. batted balls? caught by another play. fumbles by your guys? recovered by lineman. gore touched? fumble. crabtree screen pass in the endzone (a stupid call anyways)? why not JUMP up for the catch to give the D time to tackle you!

plus i couldn't get any 3rd down stops. fucking manning and his back foot 100% accurate throws :/

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

that was probably the funniest game i've played this year luke. NOTHING went right for me after the first drive. gimme picks? dropped. batted balls? caught by another play. fumbles by your guys? recovered by lineman. gore touched? fumble. crabtree screen pass in the endzone (a stupid call anyways)? why not JUMP up for the catch to give the D time to tackle you!

plus i couldn't get any 3rd down stops. fucking manning and his back foot 100% accurate throws :/

That was an odd game. Manning with back to back fumbles on sacks - I thought I'd accidentally put C-Paint in to mop up.

The Crabby safety was hilarious - if he'd signed earlier he'd have known better

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm excited to get to the offseason and see if dirt warner retires! let the st. pierre era begin in Arizona!
kurt warner the immortal will soldier on another two seasons, minimum

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
I got it for PC about a month ago and put it 5 or 6 hours into it and I haven't even left the first area yet. :lol Typical Bioware RPG, good overall plot, but needs editing, lots of useless fluff and overly large areas to walk around. I'd say you're in for at least 40-50 hours.
I completed all the sidequests and achievements you can get in one play through in about 45 hours on my first playthrough. Doesn't count all the times I died and had to redo 2 hours of shit cause Bioware doesn't know how to do autosaves properly.

Thanks for the stats Lone and Sable!

Martwon Stephens tied for first in KR TDs and one of the best return averages!

Not bad for 7th round pick, 57 overall WR
and 20 something returner rating!

Lonestar

Wellington said:
I wouldn't mind counting votes for MVP, DPOTY, OPOTY, OROY, DROY, etc.... as long as everyone isn't like Lone and only votes for their team. :lol

DM and I will play in 30 mins. This game is the only thing between me and sweet delicious alcohol. Happy New Year's Day Madden GAF!

I gotta rep for the Bellows Train, that's All :p 4133 All Purpose Yards! Only 14 TD's though :(

Best QB, I would put it between McNabb and Trent Edwards, just off of stats. But, if you throw in QB running, McNabb has quality numbers there, so I'd put him as #1 QB.

RB is a bit tougher. There's an intriguing list of RB's to chose from.

Turner got alot of yards, most per game, and lots of TD's. But built up on competition I've discussed way too much of. Plus, he's Tecmo Bo 2.0.

Keller is probably my choice, but is just as broken as Turner, in the speed game. Much less carries than anyone else, easily breakable, but is 3rd in running yards and RYPG, and has BS level of Yard per attempt (11 yards...sweet jesus.gif)

Chris Johnson, just for being the only bright spot on that team.

Moreno for being a workhorse candidate on a great team, and of these 4, the only one left in the playoffs.

LiveWire

Wellington said:

Happy New Year guys. Cheers to all of you for putting together 2 full seasons with 32 people. Impressive.

I'll start with the voting.

Most Valuable Player:

Michael Turner, RB San Diego Chargers

Defensive Player of the Year:

Darcel McBath, FS Denver Broncos

Offensive Player of the Year:

Roddy White, WR Atlanta Falcons

Offensive Rookie of the Year:

Joey Keller, RB Baltimore Ravens

Defensive Rookie of the Year:

Lee Carter, ROLB New England Patriots

Lonestar

I wouldn't even mind seeing some voting for pro bowl teams :p NFC guys vote for NFC teams and vice versa. Or to make it less biased, reverse that :p I'd even throw in a conference column to sort the players out by.

Most Valuable Player:

Donovan McNabb, QB Eagles

Defensive Player of the Year:

Jerod Mayo, MLB Patriots (probably Biased. If not for that, then Kirk Morrison, MLB Raiders)

Offensive Player of the Year:

Michael Turner, HB Chargers

Offensive Rookie of the Year:

Joey Keller, RB Baltimore Ravens (I want to put him as either MVP or OPOY, but being a rookie...)

Defensive Rookie of the Year:

Alain Jackson, DT Bills (I too would want to put him as DPOY, but Rookie. 19 hacks err Sacks, in this game...)

Top Bottom