• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Nightz

GG Rors. It was pretty deflating having Bush run over me everytime he touched the ball. He's a pain in the butt. Never goes down on the first hit, breaks tackles, and even when my guy stops his momentum he somehow manages to fall forward for an additional 5 yards.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Isolating the stats that progress per position, per POT rating would be really interesting because then we could take a pass at reverse engineering their formula and basically build a better draft board - we are crawling the website for player progression stats pre- and post-progression, right?
I wanted to last season but it advanced so quickly I did not have a shot. Between the 1700 players in the league I am hoping to have enough data to be able to re-work the thing, thanks to sable and lone.

Speaking of luck, look at this play by DM. Fucking CB all over the receiver and no pick. :|

Also, look at Jacobs go! Rumbling, bumbling, stumbling!!

Rorschach

Nightz said:
GG Rors. It was pretty deflating having Bush run over me everytime he touched the ball. He's a pain in the butt. Never goes down on the first hit, breaks tackles, and even when my guy stops his momentum he somehow manages to fall forward for an additional 5 yards.
GG

I love love love playing with him in the online rosters. He's only 75 or so, but way better than franchise Bush. He did fumble twice, but he made up for it!

If it makes you feel any better, you would have completely owned my franchise defense. :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm so annoyed by the fumble bs. Has there been any talks about this on OS or Madden forums? Will they patch this shit or will they not care since the season is almost over.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
I'm so annoyed by the fumble bs. Has there been any talks about this on OS or Madden forums? Will they patch this shit or will they not care since the season is almost over.
I don't feel it's overboard. My fumbles just now happened because they were trying for the strip. If I get hit stuck wihle making a move or the other player is stripping and I don't cover ball, that's on me. :\ And credit to the other player.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
It is overboard Rors or at least it is for my team.

Fluke win CB! Bob is the most amazing Madden player and deserved to beat you.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Dawkins and Trent Cole came up huge in the clutch. Cole had a Sack and a pick in crunch time. I user picked bob twice with Dawk and took one back to the house

Oh and FUCK the game for giving me pass interference on a pick that was absolutely nothing. i didnt even touch the fucker. It all turned out ok though. Sheldon picked one off anyway later in the drive

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DM was the commish last time I saw.

I've trying to think of how to assign position and rookie status to the player stats. Thought of somehow listing out who had the best contribution from their draft classes.

Matrix

I wish you both could have lost :(

Mrbob

CB3 said:
Suck it bob. You luck ran out

Yeah I didn't make the plays when needed to win the game. I need to work on two things for next season.

First one is hitting receivers wide open for a TD when I overthrew olsen with about 2:30 left in the game:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15167326

Second thing I need to learn is how to abuse defensive AI in kick returns for easy scores. You were doing it on all kickoffs for big yardage and scored on this one to tie it at 21 after I just took the lead:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15167321

GG tho! Close game!

DMczaf

Wellington said:
Unreal. Horseshoe up his ass.

smallestviolinwz4.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I absolutely cannot believe how insanely lucky CB is. He's going to come in here and say "No yer lucky I dropped 1 pick!!" It's just unreal.

CB3

tsk tsk. you fail to mention how EA fucked sheldon brown the whole first half which lead to some big gains. it would give me him and freeze him mid stride. not to mention jacobs being his usual self. That tip drill i can understand your pain though. GG anyway.

On the last play he hit Jacobs on that Texas route out of the backfield. I rushed with Q and hit sticked him, making him drop the pass, saving a TD and a 4th down conversion, injuring himself in the process.

quintin-mikell-3-250x300.jpg

"There Goes My Hero,
Watch Him As He Goes!"

CB3

sableholic said:
So his fantasy team prevailed?

Just because you got hosed doesnt mean you gotta hate me. You basically flipped teams with livewire yourself there bud.

CB3 said:
Just because you got hosed doesnt mean you gotta hate me. You basically flipped teams with livewire yourself there bud.
:D so sensitive. I got one player from live and a draft pick. Hardly swapping teams and nowhere near the same as getting Dawkins, Marshall, Taylor etc. But I really was mostly joking, it wasn't really meant to take away from anything you've done this season. Also I never thanked you for beating Bob who stole my playoff spot.

Did either of you save any videos? Maybe the mikell play you mentioned?

Matrix

CB has perfected the fluke win.

gg lukems. finally fucking pulled out a win against the colts. their receivers and/or manning are insane. i have guys on them and the pass is so perfect it cannot be defended. luckily reggie wayne fumbled in OT. finally got a fucking break!

also, nate davis > alex smith in this game (and maybe in real life!)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sable,

I was going over different things, and noticed, your player ratings is missing most of Green Bay's players. Only 4 people on the team!

I noticed it as I was looking at QB's, and no Aaron Rodgers.

Rorschach

I wonder how draft goes...last year I had a worse pick than LJ even though I should have gotten a better pick and he took the player I wanted to boot!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg lukems. finally fucking pulled out a win against the colts. their receivers and/or manning are insane. i have guys on them and the pass is so perfect it cannot be defended. luckily reggie wayne fumbled in OT. finally got a fucking break!

also, nate davis > alex smith in this game (and maybe in real life!)

Get your ass on AIM, Commish biznezz

Lonestar said:
Sable,

I was going over different things, and noticed, your player ratings is missing most of Green Bay's players. Only 4 people on the team!

I noticed it as I was looking at QB's, and no Aaron Rodgers.
Hmm ill take a look to see what's up before its too late.

DCX

DCX
Congrats to the final four!! Long season and you guys are one step away from the only game that matters and two games away from winning it all!!

Nows lets get this shit, i got moves to make! :D

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
tsk tsk. you fail to mention how EA fucked sheldon brown the whole first half which lead to some big gains. it would give me him and freeze him mid stride. not to mention jacobs being his usual self. That tip drill i can understand your pain though. GG anyway.

On the last play he hit Jacobs on that Texas route out of the backfield. I rushed with Q and hit sticked him, making him drop the pass, saving a TD and a 4th down conversion, injuring himself in the process.

quintin-mikell-3-250x300.jpg

"There Goes My Hero,
Watch Him As He Goes!"
EA fucked Sheldon? You fucked Sheldon. You switched to him and attempted a pick thinking I would throw a bullet, at least tell the real story. It was 1 on 1 because you blitzed and there was no one withing 20 yards of Sheldon and Nicks, did you think you were going to switch to my guy? Also you forgot to mention how you bit so hard on the PA with Dawkins that you had to switch to Sheldon. Let's be real, that was a well thought out play and you got owned on it. I'd show it to everyone if I hadn't already exited the game.

All fucking balls thrown up, Eagles players catch it. Even the ones where I am in perfect position with my defender/receiver. The same plays CB makes apparently my guys cannot. It goes through their hands. Of all three interceptions thrown by me, none should have been picked off.

Jacobs being his usual self of 12 carries 52 yards with a 12 yarder as the long. Put him in the hall of fame boys. Can't understand you of all people complaining about the one good player I have.

Here are two plays that exemplify how this game went for CB:

15 seconds left in the first half. I had scored and picked off McNabb and was driving to put this game way out of reach since I got the ball back to start the second half. Here is the play. Made it from 17-14 potential 24-14 to 21-17.

As if that is not bad enough I clawed back and scored a two point conversion to get the game back to 28-25. Third down inside the redzone, I am hoping to hold to an FG here maybe get lucky and force a turnover. Here is what happens. CB doesn't even need to press any buttons to evade sacks, his team will do it for him! And no, I did not whiff, I hit him dead on but the animation took me out of the sack.

He already mentioned the drop on fourth down above.

tl;dr - Aside from having the biggest bullshit team in the league (well on the east coast) you also have all the luck.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I thought EA fixed the replays...they lied. Maybe you have to send a tweet to the producer with your gamertag to get them to be longer like they promised.

oh shit bad blood in the NFC East!

you guys should be more like us in the NFC West! astro, story, blue, and i are like brothers. we have a bond that CAYN'T NOBODY BREAK!

Top Bottom