• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Somnia

T. Richardson of Bears
S. Morris of Bills
A. Toomer - Bucs
B. Berry - Cards
B. Robinson - Cards
D. Mason - Chiefs
M. McKenzie- colts
J. Kitna- Boys
B. Volek - Eagles
J. Elam - Falcons
R. Williams - 49ers
G. Jackson - Lions
C. Draft - Rams
H. Thomas - Rams
R. Wynn - Redskins
B. Griese - Saints
T. Carter- Steelers
S. Springs- Steelers
C. Batch - Steelers
N. Harper- titans
C. Hentrich - Titans
K. Mawae - Titans
F. Taylor - Vikings

All Retired, plus a bunch of FA's retired.

Fifty

Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, McClain, Boldin stay the same

My LG/LT gained 2 points each (90, 88 now), Flacco gained 3 (89), Rice Gained 1 (87, but I think he lost two speed!) Joey Keller gained 4 (85, I can't really tell what improved) and two LBs each gained nicely.

Larry Johnson lost 2 (86), Kelly Gregg lost 5, Landry lost 2

A good offseason

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Haha, I think all 3 of the guys I let go last year in FA, retired. Shawn Springs, Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor :D

No retirements for me!

Fifty

Fans of Joey Keller must realize that only one RB in the draft has 95+ speed while still being a +70 player (SCOOTER Chapman, 84 overall, 96 speed)

The RBs aren't as overpowered this class.

Somnia

Romo up 1 to 91
Barber up 1 to 89
Felix up 2 to 87
Deon Anderson up 3 to 82
R. Williams up 1 to 86
Miles Austion up 3 to 77

Gurode dropped 3 to 88 =(
Leonard Davis dropped 7 to 82 =(
Marc Colombo dropped 3 to 76

ugh my oline got hit hard

Antonio Smith dropped 2 points with 15 sacks on the year...jesus christ.

D. Ware dropped 2 points =( ugh

Somnia

bleh the oline I was gonna drop is a 79...well time to re-think my cuts :lol

edit: Warner still lives!

My top 3 CBs are now...90,85,85

Lonestar

Looks like Brady, Fargas stayed the same. Coles dropped 5 points to 75, my starting safety Sanders dropped 2 more points (ugh.) but Butler and Hobbs went up. I have 2 CB's rated 84!.

Lee Carter did not improve 1 point at all (overally)

Bellows up to 86!
Tribow up to 73, but no improvement on passing accuracy :(

Peerman up to 76, now with 90 ACC, so he might be my go to guy. Mata didn't change any.

The DE I got in the draft is now up to 81, but Ty Warren down to 83 :(

Sable, any chance on getting a post progression chart up?

Fifty

So the best player by far in the draft is ranked #2 on the list (Grimes, the WR) and Peterboy has the #1 pick. The question is..will he show up to claim the reward or will he not and the CPU will draft him the safety who is not nearly as game breaking as a 98,99,99 /SPD,AGI,ACC WR

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Sorry I had to take a shower to cool down. Fucking McCoy fumbled on a potential game winning drive with 2 minutes to go. Such a shitty way for it to end considering how good the game was.

Losing westbrook in the first quarter was the nail in the coffin anyway. McCoy actually fumbled in the first half but I got it back. Westbrook would have held on. Losing Maclin later on didn't help either.

anyway, time to go see how badly my team gets in the offseaso

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yes i have. here are the free agent rules:

* 2 Rounds
* No kickers, punters, or full backs
* Any offensive lineman submitted must be rated an 80+
* One of the players submitted has to be at least an 80
* Total points must equal 150
* We will have the order the same as we did last season (i.e. whoever contributes most gets the best pick, etc)

After we advance, submit your 2 cuts to myself, dmczaf, rors, fifty, or coldblooded.

Obviously i'm hoping we can complete this fairly quickly, although it doesn't NEED to be completed before the rookie draft it would be nice to

for the new page

Lonestar

Really does seem like this years draft will be less gamechanger for next season. Last seasons draft had like 30 players rated over 80! This one, All the 80's might be gone by pick #20.

guys, remember when submitting your FA players if you have an offensive lineman he must be rated 80 or above.

also warner didn't retire?

mother...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ11

BigAT said:
So much for all that extensive research to figure out if stats mattered more than potential.

A potential too for Jackson. Reggie Corner, who received ZERO playing time, went up to a 73. He was somewhere in the high 60's, C potential. Lankster who has B and took a bunch of snaps at either nickel or dime, went nowhere.

Some of this stuff is so random, Mitchell and McGee deserved boosts and got them though, so I can't complain. Osi stayed the same as well after having a good year.

LiveWire

To show how this progression is effectively meaningless, and probably only based on potential letter grade:

Dane Morrow, he of the 39 INTs, progressed 3-5 points higher in all of his throw accuracy stats, added 5 points in awareness, and added 5 points in overall rating to 82. :lol

BigAT

Lonestar said:
Really does seem like this years draft will be less gamechanger for next season. Last seasons draft had like 30 players rated over 80! This one, All the 80's might be gone by pick #20.

I was just thinking the same. It looks awful in fact comparatively. Did they patch in something to tone down the draft?

There isn't a single 99 speed player in the draft, no HBs over 96.

Lonestar

LJ11 said:
A potential too for Jackson. Reggie Corner, who received ZERO playing time, went up to a 73. He was somewhere in the high 60's, C potential. Lankster who has B and took a bunch of snaps at either nickel or dime, went nowhere.

Some of this stuff is so random, Mitchell and McGee deserved boosts and got them though, so I can't complain. Osi stayed the same as well after having a good year.

Carter has C POT and stayed at 76. Axel Ogawigjwoeuign is a B POT De I had, and he never played. Went from 75 or 76 to 81. It's like the C POT's really didn't change, until year 2, 3 or 4.

BigAT said:
I was just thinking the same. It looks awful in fact comparatively. Did they patch in something to tone down the draft?

Maybe, but that WR is fucking insane. 98 speed, 99 acc. Makes me shit my pants thinking about it. Think he's a bigger target than Bellows, and is rated an 85, to Bellows 81 last season. Only thing I see that I believe Bellows is better at, is that Bellows has a better JMP and Spectacular catch rating.

DMczaf

BigAT said:

They are all pre-made draft classes, so theres going to be shitty classes and awesome classes (which was done on purpose)

Fifty

Somnia said:
Is there somewhere to see what pick I have in the draft btw?

On the site. The left side of it (DRAFT)

edit: I said you picked 10th, but I forgot you left our division :(

top 10 =

1. Chiefs
2. Titans.
3. Browns
4. Redskins
5. Jets
6. Vikings
7. Seahawks
8. Lions
9. Dolphins
10 Bengals

BigAT

Somnia said:
Is there somewhere to see what pick I have in the draft btw?

If you go draft through the website you can see (you have #14).

My fullback went up 6 full points to 80 overall for no discernible reason. Only B potential too.

Lonestar

Any more picks after that, Fifty?

There aren't any more leftover real world draft pick trades, right??? Things will go so much more smoothly from that.

TheCrow

I decided to upload some of my highlights even though everyone has already forgotten about last season. :p

My first TD which also was my only TD pass Lonestar was right about The Bible.

Now onto the defensive side of the ball. I only was able to pick a few of my nice sacks.

With only 3 seconds left in the half and with no TOs, DJ catches a scrambling McNabb
Third and 1 and McNabb rolls out yet Barnes is right behind him
Here's my pick with McBath.
Here the play that made me post "FUCK YEAH'. It gave me a 30 to 21 lead. The fumble was picked up and taken to the house but that part got cut off yet again. :(

Mrbob

Oh crap.

My defense got a boost!

Moore went down from 84 to 83, but Landry went up from 86 to 89.

My rookie CB I drafted last year at 74 jumped to 80 in one season, hot. Everything else basically stayed the same.

My WR core got a boost too. :D Bennett up to 83, Inglesias from 74 to 79 mmmmmmmmm.

Somnia

Antonio Smith dropped 2 points with 15 sacks on the year

Just wanted to point out how the progession is broken :lol

Granted he is a B POT, but there are C POTs who did shit all year and they went up!

Fifty

Lonestar said:
Any more picks after that, Fifty?

There aren't any more leftover real world draft pick trades, right??? Things will go so much more smoothly from that.

OK, in case people can't go to the site:

Rookie (NOT FA!) Draft Order
1. Chiefs (going to be autopicked)
2. Titans.
3. Browns
4. Redskins (going to Saints)
5. Jets
6. Vikings
7. Seahawks
8. Lions
9. Dolphins
10 Bengals
11. Panthers
12. Rams
13. Texans
14. Cowboys
15. Falcons
16. Saints
17. Niners
18. Jaguars
19 Ravens
20 Raiders
21 Cardinals
22 Pats
23 Steelers
24 Packers
25 Bears ( going to Ravens)
26 Colts
27 Chargers
28 Bucs
29 Giants
30 Bills
31 Eagles
32 Broncos

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Maybe, but that WR is fucking insane. 98 speed, 99 acc. Makes me shit my pants thinking about it.

Santana Moss started Season 1 with like 96 or 97 speed and 98 accel. Now he's down to 94 speed, but still nice, if I can manage to get the ball to him. His release off the line has gotten progressively worse though. Thankfully this year I actually have real receivers, Marko Mitchell and Malcolm Kelly both progressed to 74 OVR, and Devin Thomas is now 81 overall. The West Coast has arrived in DC!

if we do the draft sunday as I mentioned I won't be here and I owe pheeniks a 2nd and a 4th... so what happens then?

Also do we have a compiled list of traded picks? I know the ones I'm involved in, but wasn't sure if we needed to remind people of them.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lucky number #13 ....sweet!

LiveWire

Oh and congrats Crow! Way to keep the Eagles down. Love it! :D

FMT, can we cut more than 2 players so that we can get more points to place ourselves higher in the draft list, or are we strictly limited to two players?

Somnia

Well looking at the draft class there are some good young potential players once they progress in a few seasons. I'm more excited about the FA draft to be honest.

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
Oh and congrats Crow! Way to keep the Eagles down. Love it! :D

FMT, can we cut more than 2 players so that we can get more points to place ourselves higher in the draft list, or are we strictly limited to two players?

I don't think so, I think that unbalances the point of cutting 2 good players to get a shot at someone else's good players.

Top Bottom