• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nay. just like i wouldn't count someones rating in a different position (for instance a 72 rated OLB can be an 84 rated DE).

whatever his rating and position are is what is submitted, not what they COULD be ;)

:(

I need to start giving him the ball more. He always ends up falling forward for at least 3 yards.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
huh? we had 1 80 player last year, and 2 75 players.

this season we have 1 80 player and 1 70 player. i'm not sure what the difference is except i cut a round off
Thought it was all 75s. Sorry!!

Not home but took a brief look at the progression... Sintim only went to 83 and Kenny Phillips went to an 87 :| Steve Smith and Kevin Boss stayed the same and both had awesome years. :|

Andre Brown is now a *99* Carry rated back!! :lol Jacobs up one to 96 Carry.

DCX

DCX
I'm pissed that my rookie back stayed the same even after having a stellar year returning the ball. I guess progression only counts towards stats that affect your position. So even if he had 20 TDs, it would mean shit cause it wasn't rushing the football.

DCX

DCX said:
I'm pissed that my rookie back stayed the same even after having a stellar year returning the ball. I guess progression only counts towards stats that affect your position. So even if he had 20 TDs, it would mean shit cause it wasn't rushing the football.

DCX

My rookie returner progressed 1 overall. *shrugs*

Birdman02

I didn't have any major progression/regression, but I'm happy with a few. I think I found my short yardage back. My backup running back now has a 99 TRK rating. My speed back upgraded to 99 ACC and 99 AGI to go along with his 95 speed!

And Karlos Dillon, my rookie DE, was bumped up to 99 FMV.

* 2 Rounds
* No kickers, punters, or full backs
* Any offensive lineman submitted must be rated an 80+
* Total points must equal 150
* We will have the order the same as we did last season (i.e. whoever contributes most gets the best pick, etc)

after discussing it with my co-commish, it is the right move to make the minimum 150 but not to require an 80 player.

so, submit 2 players totaling at least 150 and i don't care how the # gets there. if you need to make changes to a PM you've sent me that's fine just include "Version 2" in the title somewhere so i can delete the old one.

sorry about the confusion.... bro's!

Fifty

So we see who wears the pants in this relationship.

You should still keep the rule where any OL must be 80>. We had too many backup linemen in the first FA draft. No one wants to give away talent and get a backup OL.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BigAT said:
Is there anyway to take a Google Documents sheet offline or into Excel?
Should be a download form under file on the basic spreadsheet form, not under list view

yes, o-lineman rule stays. the only thing i have taken out is the requirement of at least 1 80+ player. you could submit two 75 players.

of course, neither of those players can be an offensive lineman in that scenario.

[19:29] dboythagr8: next time you talk to cb3 ask him how come he lost the superbowl after losing only 1 game all season lolol
[20:02] viakado: because he's almost like the pats?...just without the prior success.

Smokey

B. Edwards bumped up to a 89 and is set to become a superstar in season 3. i know one of the risks of taking him in the trade is his catch rating..which was horrible..but now heading into season 3?

84 catching rating, 90 spd, 96 agility, 97 acceleration, 89 juke, 90 route running, 99 spec catch, 99 jump

love ittttttttttt

viakado said:
[19:29] dboythagr8: next time you talk to cb3 ask him how come he lost the superbowl after losing only 1 game all season lolol
[20:02] viakado: because he's almost like the pats?...just without the prior success.

:lol

you keep trying to create the drama to get your fix, but no drama here i just spit facts

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
So we see who wears the pants in this relationship.

You should still keep the rule where any OL must be 80>. We had too many backup linemen in the first FA draft. No one wants to give away talent and get a backup OL.
I gave up my starting right tackle.

....because my second year man's measurables were better despite a much lower OVR rating! BOOM!

DCX

DCX
So is peterboi running with us this season? I see the Chiefs have the first pick and the CPU is going to draft for them lol?

DCX

BigAT

It appears that the statistic for strength is treated similarly to speed in the game, in that it can only go down, never up.

Rorschach

Look, the petitioning for that 80 spot wasn't for me. I was going to cut one anyway, but some teams like the Lions would be fucked and it's unfair. It's hard enough for teams like Lions, Rams, Browns, etc to cut two 75s.

LJ11

What about having teams with X number of 80+ rated players drop 80 rated guys to fill up the pool? Just throwing out ideas, I'm cutting an 80 rated player as well (don't really have the depth).

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm posting on my phone so ok just gonna put my cuts here

Takeo Spikes MLB rated 76 overall
Jason Taylor Outside LB 79 overall

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:
What about having teams with X number of 80+ rated players drop 80 rated guys to fill up the pool? Just throwing out ideas, I'm cutting an 80 rated player as well (don't really have the depth).

This makes some theoretical sense, because as players get better in real life they get better salaries and teams can afford to keep less of them.

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
One of these guys isn't 80.

* 2 Rounds
* No kickers, punters, or full backs
* Any offensive lineman submitted must be rated an 80+
* Total points must equal 150
* We will have the order the same as we did last season (i.e. whoever contributes most gets the best pick, etc)

derp

Count of players >= 80 overall

giants: 25
falcons: 21
eagles: 21
chargers: 21
seahawks: 21
pats: 20
jets: 20
ravens: 19
cowboys: 19
steelers: 19
cardinals: 18
colts: 18
vikings: 18
titans: 18
bengals: 17
packers: 17
jags: 17
saints: 17
panthers: 16
bears: 16
49ers: 16
tampa: 16
bills: 15
browns: 15
broncos: 15
texans: 15
lions: 14
dolphins: 14
washington: 14
raiders: 13
chiefs: 12
rams: 12

Average ~ 17

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
fumble fumbles fumbles hit stick fumbles on the goal line me missing easy fgs with great kickers i'm starting to lose my mind

LiveWire

Wellington said:
I gave up my starting right tackle.

....because my second year man's measurables were better despite a much lower OVR rating! BOOM!

Yea, Kareem took a nosedive, dropped 6 points. I expected a drop....not quite 6 though. Still, light-years ahead of Stephon Heyer.... :lol

LukeSmith

sableholic said:

Wellie was just telling me yesterday how I had a power team and he didn't!

Fifty

Matrix said:
fumble fumbles fumbles hit stick fumbles on the goal line me missing easy fgs with great kickers i'm starting to lose my mind

Well Janikowski's ACC isn't all that good. I've missed a ton of kicks with better kickers. Rors is very good at kicking (and everything else, asshole) so that makes up for his ACC and turns him into a great kicker.

Plus both of those fumbles were caused by the one and only Ed Reed.
It's all about context!

Ramirez

I'm thinking of cutting some big names, my only fear is that the rest of you will take the pussy way out and cut two 75 trash players. :|

LiveWire

sableholic said:

Woohoo! Tied for 3rd least in the league! Thanks Vinny Cerrato! :lol

sableholic said:

O-VER-RA-TED *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

And how comes the Seahawks have 21 but can't win the shitty NFC West? The Jets have 20, but then again, they're the Jets.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
Well Janikowski's ACC isn't all that good. I've missed a ton of kicks with better kickers. Rors is very good at kicking (and everything else, asshole) so that makes up for his ACC and turns him into a great kicker.

Plus both of those fumbles were caused by the one and only Ed Reed.
It's all about context!

Ed Reed needs to fuck up his groin or something in league play this season, can't stand him. He's been a pain my ass for years in Madden.

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:

Average ~ 17

Only cause of progressions. Should be an interesting year in the south for realz.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Ramirez said:
I'm thinking of cutting some big names, my only fear is that the rest of you will take the pussy way out and cut two 75 trash players. :|
I'm a man, and real men cut hall of famers. Fuck your pensions bitches!

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So, all this talk of who has the most 80 rate players, is it going to help the "lesser teams"? If you force them to drop 1 or 2 80 rated players, the good teams will all be picking at the top of the board, while the lessers are still stuck at the bottom. Unless you go the reverse and make it the person with the less points given in gets first crack, and have the fat cats at the back. But that would break the whole thing, and be unfair.

I mean, I'm planning on 1 of my guys being over 80, but what's the end result you guys are looking for here?

Matrix

TheCrow said:
Wow. Didn't think I would be so far down that list.

Which makes your Super Bowl win even more impressive.

Rorschach

sableholic said:

Average ~ 17
Don't want to hear any more shit about my team being overrated. Now to cut another one and be tied for last place! Raiders ho!

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
So, all this talk of who has the most 80 rate players, is it going to help the "lesser teams"? If you force them to drop 1 or 2 80 rated players, the good teams will all be picking at the top of the board, while the lessers are still stuck at the bottom. Unless you go the reverse and make it the person with the less points given in gets first crack, and have the fat cats at the back. But that would break the whole thing, and be unfair.

I mean, I'm planning on 1 of my guys being over 80, but what's the end result you guys are looking for here?
If you reverse it, guys will cut 2 75s. It also fucks up the flow cuase last season that how we did it, and you know what it worked out fine for people. Plus take a look at this, Turner trade, no Super Bowl win for either ATL and Chargers, Giants won the FA first picking, no Super Bowl for them...it still doesn't matter, you still have to play the games.

Crow proved that turnaround is possible and you don't need "stacked" teams to win it all.

DCX

Top Bottom