• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
Well if my theory is correct, Madden is making most of those INTs for you, along with most of the rest of the league's top pass intercepting teams. (Except for Denver, who features only DB/LB with an AWR over 80).

Yeah, because when im controling Dawkins and i undercut your route and pick you off, thats madden, not anything else?

you can maybe argue asante's, but all 10 of those Dawkins INT's were user controled from the second the ball is snapped. Many more i switch to guys while the ball is in the air and make a play from there myself

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Well if my theory is correct, Madden is making most of those INTs for you, along with most of the rest of the league's top pass intercepting teams. (Except for Denver, who features only 2 DB/LBs with an AWR over 80, neither of which led his team in INTs).
Well I can tell you right now that a lot of my picks are a result of me hitting the QB with Tuck and having a duck come out and get to the second level. My safeties have I think 15 or 16 picks between them last season.

Yeah, because when im controling Dawkins and i undercut your route and pick you off, thats madden, not anything else?

you can maybe argue asante's, but all 10 of those Dawkins INT's were user controled from the second the ball is snapped. Many more i switch to guys while the ball is in the air and make a play from there myself

I tried to tell him!

LukeSmith

AstroLad said:
sent!

so awesome to have jesus warner around for another year as king of queens of the nfc west

King-of-Queens-782672.jpg

AstroLad said:
sent!

so awesome to have jesus warner around for another year as king of kings of the nfc west

English won't let the division slip through his hands again! he had some tough times, learned a bunch, and had a lot of fun last season, but now it's time to get serious!

young_jack_new.jpg

(this guys name is jack english apparently)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
sent!

so awesome to have jesus warner around for another year as king of kings of the nfc west

I can't wait for Clint Sintim and I to end Warner's career next season.

Some good gems in the draft, just have to dig deep.

Livewire: I appreciate your work but you have to understand that AWR doesn't mean shit if guys like Bob, BigJonsson, and
you
throw the ball into a defender's chest.

LiveWire

CB3 said:

Of course I know you play Dawkins, that's not my point. Everyone has the position they play on defense and those who play DBs, you're probably the best. HOWEVER, that bolded part is Madden doing it for you. The AWR rating is making those players move closer to the path of the ball automatically, making it pretty much the Easy Button.

Wellington said:
Livewire: I appreciate your work but you have to understand that AWR doesn't mean shit if guys like Bob, BigJonsson, and
you

Yes, because clearly I must be psychically reaching through the electronics of my 360 and forcing the ball to not go in the right direction or my receivers to never react to the ball being thrown even when they're standing there looking at it coming at them and the DBs back is turned (before that DB immediately turns around and picks the ball).

If all of my receivers were named Brandon Lloyd I could understand this, but they're not.

Fifty

I'm very impressed! Only 5 teams' picks left until the FA list and pick order is posted.

Chiefs (dead on a ski trip)
Bluemax (posted tonight but without internet till monday supposedly)
Titans (might possibly have a life)
Giants (clearly apathetic regarding Madden)
Bears (Eating paste)

dammit rors stop stealing my jokes! well it wasn't a joke though in my case!

also, that's not the last play for gannon! him diving head first into brooks like a fucking idiot would be the correct action!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
you

:lol

CB3

LiveWire said:
Of course I know you play Dawkins, that's not my point. Everyone has the position they play on defense and those who play DBs, you're probably the best. HOWEVER, that bolded part is Madden doing it for you. The AWR rating is making those players move closer to the path of the ball automatically, making it pretty much the Easy Button.

Your right about the Easy button. But its not Madden pushing it. its the QB deciding to test Asante. Its Asante. If you think there is a chance it could be picked off why throw it to a DB like that? Like CK said, so many of you throw it right inbetween the DB's numbers.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
I'm very impressed! Only 5 teams' picks left until the FA list and pick order is posted.

Bluemax (posted tonight but without internet till monday supposedly)
Titans (might possibly have a life)
Giants (clearly apathetic regarding Madden)
Bears (Eating paste)
Fifty I told FMT that I am going to give him my picks tomorrow. I am currently going through the draft class and arranging my draft board to see where I can cut and make up for it later on in the rookie draft. Time consuming. :/

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
I'm very impressed!

Bears (Eating paste)

:lol :lol

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Your right about the Easy button. But its not Madden pushing it. its the QB deciding to test Asante. Its Asante. If you think there is a chance it could be picked off why throw it to a DB like that? Like CK said, so many of you throw it right inbetween the DB's numbers.

Well by that logic why pass at all? Unless you're Jake Scott I guess. :lol

Anyway, it's all a moot point, I know what player attribute I'm drafting from now on until EA changes it. Can't beat em, join em.

CB3 said:

this is why i stay the FUCK away from nnamdi. i've tested him time and time again and the only time i can ever remember having a significant play on him is when i score a TD with crabcakes that should have been picked (i think it went through nnamdis stomach).

also guys i am watching 24 season 4 and im about halfway through but what happened to jack bowers daughter? i've seen seasons 1-3 but i dont remember her dying or anything. can someone explain this to me or does she show up later?

CB3

LiveWire said:
Well by that logic why pass at all?

Anyway, it's all a moot point, I know what I'm drafting from now on until EA changes it. Can't beat em, join em.

you can pass. you just gotta make the right read. I only threw 11 int's with Donovan on the season. You think that was all luck? "Madden" protecting me?

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
this is why i stay the FUCK away from nnamdi. i've tested him time and time again and the only time i can ever remember having a significant play on him is when i score a TD with crabcakes that should have been picked (i think it went through nnamdis stomach).

I scored with AJ once on him in the first season I believe when Rors had user controller of him and bit on a PA pass and fell down :D I then glitched the game later in the 4th and won.... good times!

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also guys i am watching 24 season 4 and im about halfway through but what happened to jack bowers daughter? i've seen seasons 1-3 but i dont remember her dying or anything. can someone explain this to me or does she show up later?

I'm sure Bob has cliff notes on every tv show. Just wait for him to help you out.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

fail

and she's not dead. she'll be back can't remember if she just sat out that season though

LiveWire

CB3 said:
you can pass. you just gotta make the right read. I only threw 11 int's with Donovan on the season. You think that was all luck? "Madden" protecting me?

No, McNabb's last-second pooping the ball out of his hand without being considered a fumble or getting intentional grounding penalties is what protected you.

Couldn't protect you from losing the Superbowl though. :(

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:

She thought she was going to have a film career

SPOILER ALERT:
She didn't have one

Matrix

ph33nix said:
fail

and she's not dead. she'll be back can't remember if she just sat out that season though

She doesn't come back as hot though, that was depressing.

CB3

LiveWire said:
No, McNabb's last-second pooping the ball out of his hand without getting intentional grounding penalties is what protected you.

You think thats an ability limited to 1 Starting QB in madden?

Matrix

McNabb has the ability to shit the ball out of his hand? Damn that's a special QB there with a gift.

CB3

LiveWire said:
If there was a stat for it, McNabb would lead the league in it.

No. Donovan leads in Passer rating, least INT's thrown among starting QB's, and Most Giant D-Lineman stiff armed/shrugged off.

At some point you gotta look within. First it was Jason Cambell, then EA...

CB3 said:
No. Donovan leads in Passer rating, least INT's thrown among starting QB's, and Most Giant D-Lineman stiff armed/shrugged off.

At some point you gotta look within. First it was Jason Cambell, then EA...

he also led this season in "most superbowl losses"

LiveWire

CB3 said:
No. Donovan leads in Passer rating, least INT's thrown among starting QB's, and Most Giant D-Lineman stiff armed/shrugged off....

...and most Superbowl rings not won.

Edit: High five FMT! :lol

Matrix

What QB lead the league in ints this season?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AstroLad said:
sent!

Not only staying, but he did not decrease in ANY ratings. Exact same Warner as last year

CB3

Its quite alright. I can accept the "I lost my argument so let me diss the NFC Champ while my 4-12 team stays lost in the depths of the NFC East forever" train of thought.

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
Its quite alright. I can accept the "I lost my argument so let me diss the NFC Champ while my 4-12 team stays lost in the depths of the NFC East forever" train of thought.
He did have a fire sale. I wonder if it will pay off this season.

DCX

CB3

DCX said:
He did have a fire sale. I wonder if it will pay off this season.

DCX

Did he fire sale his ability to play QB too?
You started it friend. Dont attribute my ability on defense to "Madden" and superbowl performance on the same page!

LiveWire

CB3 said:

Yes, my 4-12, non-stacked team thanks to Vinny Cerrato's real-life fuckups.

CB3

LiveWire said:
Yes, my 4-12, non-stacked team thanks to Vinny Cerrato's real-life fuckups.

Rors, LJ, and DM all seem to be dealing with Al Davis, Ralph Wilson, and whoever the fuck heads up the Bucs now

Matrix

CB3 said:
Rors, LJ, and DM all seem to be dealing with Al Davis, Ralph Wilson, and whoever the fuck heads up the Bucs now

Dm's gameshark is updated unlike Fmt's.

Rors cheats.

LJ is just good.

CB3

just so we're updated

Dm - Gameshark

Rors - Cheats

LJ - Good

CB - Fluke

Livewire - EA/Vinny/Jason Cambell

Top Bottom