• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
My entire team will be A++ OL guys and BJac just slamming you like in season 1. You're fucked!

FMT misses BBall tomorrow
Striker at work
BigAT also misses BBall tomorrow
Fifty not gonna make it
Astro not going to make it...

Why was the draft not tonight again?
I know; I am legitimately upset about missing the draft. Also missing my wife's birthday. And the birth of my child. Ok not the last one.

WORK: F YEAH!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Guys Petey is playing with the f-ing Chiefs, it's kinda hard to win with them let alone give a competitive game.

I wouldn't knock his skill level unless he was using a great team like the Houston Texans and sucking.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB3 said:
Lets do the draft tonight. GOGOGO

Lakers/ Rockets you faker fan!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Guys Petey is playing with the f-ing Chiefs, it's kinda hard to win with them let alone give a competitive game.

I wouldn't knock his skill level unless he was using a great team like the Houston Texans and sucking.
I'll use the chiefs against you tonight. They can't be THAT bad.

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
I was hoping Peter King was going to break a story for a change.

PETER KING'S MONDAY MORNING QUARTERBACK -- TUESDAY EDITION

Have I ever told you how much I like Dane Morrow? Some of you may question me here, but let me explain. Yes, he had 39 interceptions. But he also had 21 touchdowns. You know who else had more INTs than TDs his rookie season? I'll give you some names. Favre. Marino. Elway. Manning. Manning. All (except Marino) SuperBowl champions, one of them two-time champions. And Favre not only threw more INTs than TDs his rookie season, but several more seasons throughout his illustrious career!

Now, without further ado, I'll make my predictions for SuperBowl XLVI. In a rematch of SuperBowl XVIII, the Redskins get their revenge against the Raiders, winning 38-24 and capturing their first GAF SuperBowl championship.

Stat of the Week

Did you know that Dane Morrow leads the league in pass accuracy to players? When counting his 39 interceptions, Morrow has the highest rating in hitting NFL players between the numbers on a pass attempt. It's that accuracy that is the hallmark of a future champion--and dare I say, Hall of Famer?

Factoid That May Interest Only Me - Part 1

Did you know that Brett Favre's first NFL pass was an interception? Yes, to Washington's Andre Collins, which was returned for a touchdown. What did this show us? That no matter what, when Favre threw the ball, points would ensue. And I think that's great for the fans.

Factoid That May Interest Only Me - Part 2

Did you also know that Brett Favre's first completion was ...to himself? It's true! Against the Buccaneers, Brett's first pass was deflected high into the air, and then captured by the Great One himself. Simply.....breathtaking.

Ten Things I Think I Think

1. I think Peyton Manning has seen his prime come and go. I think it's too late for him to deliver a GAF championship to the citizens of Indianapolis. I think you'll see the AFC South be contested quite a bit more over the next few years, and my surprise playoff pick, the Texans, to make a playoff run over the next season or two. The Colts time has officially passed.

2. Speaking of cursed teams, the Patriots and Tom Brady have seen their dynasty depart awfully quickly. After drafting Tim Tribow, it appears that Bill Belichick has finally lost confidence in his golden boy. And yet, Tribow doesn't quite seem ready for primetime, unlike Dane Morrow who's gotten plenty of chances to work out those rookie mistakes. Another former contender who may qualify for the playoffs this season, but will make no noise and be one-and-done.

3. I think Clinton Portis is going to have a phenomenal year. 1500+ yards, 15+ TDs. A guaranteed Pro-Bowler.

4. I think Washington Redskins general manager LiveWire the hardest-working and most brilliant GM the league has seen in a long time. The move to draft Morrow was brilliant. I'm anxiously awaiting what diamonds he will unearth in the mid-late rounds this year.

5. Brett Favre.

6. Brett Favre.

7. Brett Favre. Just let the syllables roll off your tongue. It's like...a word of power. I tell you, Brett is my own personal Muad'dib.

8. I think the Philadelphia Eagles are probably the most overrated team in football as of this moment. 15-1 in the regular season, roll all the way to the Super Bowl, and lose? That's not the mark of a winner. I think coach Andy Reid and owner Jeffrey Lurie need to fire general manager CB3. It's as if he's playing fantasy football, which we all know does not bring championship success.

9. I think this year some surprises will emerge from teams that were ranked in the bottom half of the league. Aside from the obvious choice of my SuperBowl pick Redskins, I like the Texans, Lions, Chiefs, Panthers and Rams to make some more noise this season as they work to become future contenders.

10. I love Brett Favre, and I'm comfortable enough with my own sexuality to say that.

Starbucks Coffee-Nerdery

Did you know that the Washington DC area coffehouses are now offering Morrow's Wind Colombian Roast? Simply fantastic stuff. I'm sitting here typing this as I enjoy a grande with my centerf--I mean, player bio of Brett Favre. Mmm mmmm.

Matrix

Wellington said:
I'll use the chiefs against you tonight. They can't be THAT bad.

You can't compare the online and league one since the ratings really don't change in our league. Hell I have never used the Chiefs outside of league play. I'm just going off of my experience with them after the patches. I did decent with them when I subbed in for Malley for 4 games at the end of the first season.

Plus you just want to be beat me and rub it in my face, I know your plan!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wow
I think its time to step in Livewire

4ibep5.gif

PBY

Banned
Matrix, much appreciated.... but I'll be the first to admit it- i suck :lol I always down for some scrimmage games tho, if any of you guys really want to see first hand

Matrix

"You know who else had more INTs than TDs his rookie season?"

Sanchez.

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
PETER KING'S MONDAY MORNING QUARTERBACK -- TUESDAY EDITION

Have I ever told you how much I like Dane Morrow? Some of you may question me here, but let me explain. Yes, he had 39 interceptions. But he also had 21 touchdowns. You know who else had more INTs than TDs his rookie season? I'll give you some names. Favre. Marino. Elway. Manning. Manning. All (except Marino) SuperBowl champions, one of them two-time champions. And Favre not only threw more INTs than TDs his rookie season, but several more seasons throughout his illustrious career!

Now, without further ado, I'll make my predictions for SuperBowl XLVI. In a rematch of SuperBowl XVIII, the Redskins get their revenge against the Raiders, winning 38-24 and capturing their first GAF SuperBowl championship.

Stat of the Week

Did you know that Dane Morrow leads the league in pass accuracy to players? When counting his 39 interceptions, Morrow has the highest rating in hitting NFL players between the numbers on a pass attempt. It's that accuracy that is the hallmark of a future champion--and dare I say, Hall of Famer?

Factoid That May Interest Only Me - Part 1

Did you know that Brett Favre's first NFL pass was an interception? Yes, to Washington's Andre Collins, which was returned for a touchdown. What did this show us? That no matter what, when Favre threw the ball, points would ensue. And I think that's great for the fans.

Factoid That May Interest Only Me - Part 2

Did you also know that Brett Favre's first completion was ...to himself? It's true! Against the Buccaneers, Brett's first pass was deflected high into the air, and then captured by the Great One himself. Simply.....breathtaking.

Ten Things I Think I Think

1. I think Peyton Manning has seen his prime come and go. I think it's too late for him to deliver a GAF championship to the citizens of Indianapolis. I think you'll see the AFC South be contested quite a bit more over the next few years, and my surprise playoff pick, the Texans, to make a playoff run over the next season or two. The Colts time has officially passed.

2. Speaking of cursed teams, the Patriots and Tom Brady have seen their dynasty depart awfully quickly. After drafting Tim Tribow, it appears that Bill Belichick has finally lost confidence in his golden boy. And yet, Tribow doesn't quite seem ready for primetime, unlike Dane Morrow who's gotten plenty of chances to work out those rookie mistakes. Another former contender who may qualify for the playoffs this season, but will make no noise and be one-and-done.

3. I think Clinton Portis is going to have a phenomenal year. 1500+ yards, 15+ TDs. A guaranteed Pro-Bowler.

4. I think Washington Redskins general manager LiveWire the hardest-working and most brilliant GM the league has seen in a long time. The move to draft Morrow was brilliant. I'm anxiously awaiting what diamonds he will unearth in the mid-late rounds this year.

5. Brett Favre.

6. Brett Favre.

7. Brett Favre. Just let the syllables roll off your tongue. It's like...a word of power. I tell you, Brett is my own personal Muad'dib.

8. I think the Philadelphia Eagles are probably the most overrated team in football as of this moment. 15-1 in the regular season, roll all the way to the Super Bowl, and lose? That's not the mark of a winner. I think coach Andy Reid and owner Jeffrey Lurie need to fire general manager CB3. It's as if he's playing fantasy football, which we all know does not bring championship success.

9. I think this year some surprises will emerge from teams that were ranked in the bottom half of the league. Aside from the obvious choice of my SuperBowl pick Redskins, I like the Texans, Lions, Chiefs, Panthers and Rams to make some more noise this season as they work to become future contenders.

10. I love Brett Favre, and I'm comfortable enough with my own sexuality to say that.

Starbucks Coffee-Nerdery

Did you know that the Washington DC area coffehouses are now offering Morrow's Wind Colombian Roast? Simply fantastic stuff. I'm sitting here typing this as I enjoy a grande with my centerf--I mean, player bio of Brett Favre. Mmm mmmm.

Are you close to a closet?
Hang it up.

Mrbob

Please get AP off the Vikings. Somehow. Anyhow. I have been torched by AP enough the past two seasons I'd love to see him out of the division!

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Please get AP off the Vikings. Somehow. Anyhow. I have been torched by AP enough the past two seasons I'd love to see him out of the division!
We should draft tonight...it's a good idea. Although i want my drafters there also. CIn, Buff and Wash.

DCX

Matrix

Mrbob said:

No one want's to see you win :lol AP stays put.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am trying to compile a list of picks. Can you guys let me know what I miss based on the below?

Rookie (NOT FA!) Draft Order

Round 1

1. Chiefs
2. Titans.
3. Browns
4. Saints (From Redskins)
5. Jets
6. Vikings
7. Seahawks
8. Lions
9. Dolphins
10 Bengals
11. Panthers
12. Rams
13. Texans
14. Cowboys
15. Falcons
16. Saints
17. Niners
18. Jaguars
19 Ravens
20 Raiders
21 Cardinals
22 Giants (From Pats)
23 Steelers
24 Packers
25 Ravens (From Bears)
26 Colts
27 Packers (From Chargers)
28 Bucs
29 Giants
30 Bills
31 Eagles
32 Broncos

Round 2

1. Chiefs
2. Titans
3. Cowboys (From Browns)
4. Redskins
5. Jets
6. Browns (From Vikings)
7. Seahawks
8. Lions
9. Dolphins
10 Bengals
11. Panthers
12. Rams
13. Texans
14. Cowboys
15. Redskins (From Falcons)
16. Saints
17. Niners
18. Broncos (From Jags)
19 Ravens
20 Raiders
21 Cardinals
22 Pats
23 Steelers
24 Packers
25 Bears
26 Colts
27 Chargers
28 Bucs
29 Pats (From Giants)
30 Bills
31 Eagles
32 Broncos

Round 2

1. Chiefs
2. Titans
3. Browns
4. Redskins
5. Jets
6. Vikings
7. Seahawks
8. Lions
9. Giants (From Dolphins)
10 Bengals
11. Panthers
12. Rams
13. Texans
14. Cowboys
15. Falcons
16. Saints
17. Niners
18. Jaguars
19 Ravens
20 Raiders
21 Cardinals
22 Pats
23 Steelers
24 Packers
25 Bears
26 Colts
27 Chargers
28 Bucs
29 Giants
30 Bills
31 Eagles
32 Broncos

Mrbob

God I hate AP so much too. My rush defense in this game is pretty stout, but that sonfoabitch always tends to have monster games against my team. I'll have seven defenders wrapped around him and he'll break free hulk style and run 90 yards for a touchdown, so annoying.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
God I hate AP so much too. My rush defense in this game is pretty stout, but that tsonfoabitch always tends to have monster games against my team. I'll have seven defenders wrapped around him and he'll break free hulk style and run 90 yards for a touchdown, so annoying.
brandon_jacobs_juggernaut.gif

Mrbob

Yeah he ticked me off too in our game when he broke free of 5 guys and ran for a td. :lol

I don't mind taking on speed backs in this game. My defense is fast. Power backs give me trouble though. AP has both, it is almost kryptonite for my defense. On a bad game he'll get 100 yards on me, a good game around 250.

Matrix

Rors, was using Michael Bush in a scrimmage against me last night and he was hulking out as well.

Beanie overrated Wells did as well the other night.

Nightz

DCX said:
We should draft tonight...it's a good idea. Although i want my drafters there also. CIn, Buff and Wash.

DCX
I probably wouldn't be able to do it tonight. I already have my calendar set for the draft tomorrow, even though it's my parents' anniversary. :lol

When's the press conference? =P

BigAT

Mrbob said:
Yeah he ticked me off too in our game when he broke free of 5 guys and ran for a td. :lol

I don't mind taking on speed backs in this game. My defense is fast. Power backs give me trouble though. AP has both, it is almost kryptonite for my defense. On a bad game he'll get 100 yards on me, a good game around 250.

I'll teach you how to contain him for a third round pick. I held AP to 8 rushing yards
and probably 100 receiving
in our playoff game season one.

Wellington said:
I am trying to compile a list of picks. Can you guys let me know what I miss based on the below?

Round 2

9. Packers (From Dolphins)
16. Packers (From Saints through Dolphins)

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
I probably wouldn't be able to do it tonight. I already have my calendar set for the draft tomorrow, even though it's my parents' anniversary. :lol

When's the press conference? =P
It's being done ;)

DCX

daw840

BigAT said:
I'll teach you how to contain him for a third round pick. I held AP to 8 rushing yards
and probably 100 receiving
in our playoff game season one.

Round 2

For some fucking reason your the only defense I can't really run on. Its that fucking gameshark.

Mrbob

I hope this upcoming press conference is better than the one the Bears held today.

Todays Bears press conference might have ruined the rest of my life.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I could do tonight.

Might as well show what is probably idiot moves, but here they are, sans livewire pagentry

traded Ty Warren DE and laverneous coles WR to Philly for tar. Barclay WR and Gary Feazel OLB.

Traded Kevin Walter WR to Houston For Connor Barwin DE

Traded 3rd round pick to Carolina for Charles Godfrey
FS

Traded 1st round pick to the Giants for Aaron Ross and their 2nd round pick

Traded Richard Seymour to Oakland for their 2nd round pick

Mrbob

Yeah I'm not for changing it now since we agreed on tomorrow night. I've been scrambling to figure out a way to be there tomorrow night....can't do it tonight on short notice.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
I could do tonight.

Might as well show what is probably idiot moves, but here they are, sans livewire pagentry

traded Ty Warren DE and laverneous coles WR to Philly for tar. Barclay WR and Gary Feazel OLB.

Traded Kevin Walter WR to Houston For Connor Bsomething DE

Traded 3rd round pick to Carolina for C. Godfrey FS

Traded 1st round pick to the Giants for Aaron Ross and their 2nd round pick

Traded Richard Seymour to Oakland for their 2nd round pick
YES! Get that fucker out of my life!

Rookie (NOT FA!) Draft Order

Round 1

1. Chiefs
2. Titans.
3. Browns
4. Saints (From Redskins)
5. Jets
6. Vikings
7. Seahawks
8. Lions
9. Dolphins
10 Bengals
11. Panthers
12. Rams
13. Texans
14. Cowboys
15. Falcons
16. Saints
17. Niners
18. Jaguars
19 Ravens
20 Raiders
21 Cardinals
22 Giants (From Pats)
23 Steelers
24 Packers
25 Ravens (From Bears)
26 Colts
27 Packers (From Chargers)
28 Bucs
29 Giants
30 Bills
31 Eagles
32 Broncos

Round 2

1. Chiefs
2. Titans
3. Cowboys (From Browns)
4. Redskins
5. Jets
6. Browns (From Vikings)
7. Seahawks
8. Lions
10 Bengals
11. Panthers
12. Rams
13. Texans
14. Cowboys
15. Redskins (From Falcons)
17. Niners
18. Broncos (From Jags)
19 Ravens
20 Pats (From Raiders)
21 Cardinals
22 Pats
23 Steelers
24 Packers
25 Bears
26 Colts
27 Chargers
28 Bucs
29 Pats (From Giants)
30 Bills
31 Eagles
32 Broncos

Round 3

1. Chiefs
2. Titans
3. Browns
4. Redskins
5. Jets
6. Vikings
7. Seahawks
8. Lions
9. Giants (From Dolphins)
10 Bengals
11. Panthers
12. Rams
13. Falcons (From Texans)
14. Cowboys
15. Falcons
16. Saints
17. Niners
18. Jaguars
19 Ravens
20 Raiders
21 Cardinals
22 Pats
23 Steelers
24 Packers
25 Bears
26 Colts
27 Chargers
28 Bucs
29 Giants
30 Bills
31 Eagles
32 Broncos

Packers have FIVE picks in the first two rounds. Insane.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:

He's Out Of My Life
He's Out Of My Life
Damned Indecision And Cursed Pride
Kept My Love For Him Locked Deep Inside
And It Cuts Like A Knife
He's Out Of My Life

Matrix

My two trades...

Traded Randy Dandy Moss WR and 3rd round pick in the draft *I have no clue what DCX wants with this* to the Falcons for LaDainian Tomlinson HB and Erik Coleman SS.

Traded Conner Barwin DE to the Pats for Kevin Walter WR.

Still want to get rid of Slaton :\

Rorschach

Even if I did want it tonight, it would be unfair to those who rearranged their schedules for tomorrow.

Matrix said:
3rd round pick in the draft *I have no clue what DCX wants with this* t
People underrate 3rd round picks for some reason. I have two third round pick starters on my team. :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:

Packers have FIVE picks in the first two rounds. Insane.

You need to adjust my 3rd round pick @ #22 to Carolina, it's his.

I had 6 picks in the 1st and 2nd round last season :p #2, #19, #35, # 46, # 48 and # 55.

I only have # 52, # 54 and # 61 in the 1st 3 rounds this time. But shored up in about all the areas I need.

So...if anyone up high wants 3 2nd round picks ;)

DCX

DCX
SPORTSCENTER 7:20 UPDATE

Sal Paolantonio reporting:

"I'm here in Atlanta, Georgia at the Falcons headquarters where team owner Arthur Blank and general manager DCX have called a press conference to announce a flurry of early evening trades on the eve of GAF's annual draft.

GM DCX announced the following trades just moments ago:

--The Buffalo Bills will send defensive end Aaron Maybin and their third round pick to the Atlanta Falcons for tackle Sam Baker

-- The Cincinatti Bengals will send their 1st round pick, the 10th overall, and their 2nd round pick to the Atlanta Falcons for defensive end John Abraham, their first round pick ( 15th overall and a 3rd round draft pick (acquired by Atlanta from Houston from the earlier Randy Moss trade) and the Falcons' 4th round pick.

Overall, the Atlanta Falcons have been the most active organization in offseason trades. Their draft picks for tomorrow evening's draft are:

Round 1 #10 (from Cincinnati)
Round 2 #36 (from Washington)
Round 2 #42 (from Cincinnati)
Round 3 #94 (from Bills)
Round 5 #143 (Atlanta)
Round 6 #175
Round 7 #207

Livewire sports tm

DCX

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Even if I did want it tonight, it would be unfair to those who rearranged their schedules for tomorrow.

People underrate 3rd round picks for some reason. I have two third round pick starters on my team. :lol

I'm not underrating the pick. Are they starters on O or D?

Matrix

Wait who am I drafting for DCX? what the shit.

GCQuinton

Carolina's trades:

Traded DeAngelo Williams (HB) to JAX for Reggie Nelson (FS)

Traded Charles Godfrey (FS) to NE for their third round pick (#22)

I had to make a major move to help shore up my secondary and the DeAngelo trade allowed for it to happen. I didn't wanna let him loose, but I obviously wasn't maximizing the use of both him and Jonathan Stewart either. Nate Davis also went up five points this offseason, so along with this draft, I expect a more balanced offense.

After trading for Reggie Nelson, Charles Godfrey became expendable and trading him to the Pats for their third round pick lets me grab a rookie that might be able to contribute right away in some capacity at whatever position I grab. My third round pick from last season, Dylan Uszakiewicz, was having a great year starting at ROLB before he got hurt for the year, so I'm hoping for the same kind of results this year.

Matrix

Nightz, you better let me know what you want in the 3rd round or I'm drafting for myself :lol

Nightz

Matrix said:
Nightz, you better let me know what you want in the 3rd round or I'm drafting for myself :lol
I'll be at the draft tomorrow. I'll give you my pick when it comes up. :D

Edit: The Bengals would also like to announce a trade that brings Chiefs MLB Derrick Johnson and C Rudy Niswanger to Cincinnati. In return, the Chiefs will receive offensive line help in center Casey Wiegmann and tackle Andrew Whitworth, as well as MLB Dhani Jones.

Top Bottom