• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Matrix said:
Petey, what does Livewire have that tops a top 5 HB? Steve Slaton is a God.

Lets work this out via snail mail.

Crazyness in a bottle, straight from the tap.

DCX

DCX
I'm going to go ahead and assume the Bills and Bengals trades are good? If so expect a press release in a few minutes.

DCX

TheCrow

Birdman02 said:
Well, none of my trades approach Livewire/DCX levels of awesomeness, but I'm happy with the moves I've made so far

1. Reggie Nelson to the Panthers for DeAngelo Williams

2. Joseph Addai/Josh Johnson to the Dolphins for Chad Henne/4th rd pick

3. And I just completed a trade to get David Veikune from the Broncos for Miami's 4th rd pick (assuming it's approved).

I still need to address a couple of things in the draft, but I'm satisfied with my offseason to this point.

I finally got someone to give me something for him. :D Besides the whole Marshall/Dawkins trade most of the moves that brought me success were small.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DCX said:
I'm going to go ahead and assume the Bills and Bengals trades are good? If so expect a press release in a few minutes.

DCX

Same, and I'm wondering how the reception is going to be on these...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Have fun with your trades now guys! Get deep into the playoffs and that shit is disallowed!

Rorschach

Birdman02 said:
Well, none of my trades approach Livewire/DCX levels of awesomeness, but I'm happy with the moves I've made so far

3. And I just completed a trade to get David Veikune from the Broncos for Miami's 4th rd pick (assuming it's approved).

I still need to address a couple of things in the draft, but I'm satisfied with my offseason to this point.
Addai gets around for someone who no one wants...

You do good work. I wanted in on Henne to be honest. But I've inquired about other possible QBs. If not, the league is getting Pat Whit'd.

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
Have fun with your trades now guys! Get deep into the playoffs and that shit is disallowed!
:lol :lol that's the goal Press release incoming in 15 minutes. make sure to grab your VIP press passes. THe GM takes the podium at 4:45pm est.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Birdman02 said:

Wow!

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
Addai gets around for someone who no one wants...

You do good work. I wanted in on Henne to be honest. But I've inquired about other possible QBs. If not, the league is getting Pat Whit'd.

You know you want DA. For some reason he improved despite holding a clipboard for most of the year.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Yeah thats one of the best moves of the offseason to be honest. For both teams, the pass happy south now has a ball hawk to worry about and the Jags get one of the best RBs in the game.

DCX

LiveWire

--UPDATE--

Jan 5, 2010 4:36PM EDT -- Washington, DC

FOXSPORTS' Jay Glazer has now reported that the talks between the Redskins and the Chiefs for the #1 overall pick in tomorrow's draft have closed. Rumors state that Kansas City declined the offer after re-evaluating the projected top 5 picks of the draft. Whether or not Washington will make a play for a lower first round pick before the draft deadline remains to be seen.

LukeSmith

DCX said:
:lol :lol that's the goal Press release incoming in 15 minutes. make sure to grab your VIP press passes. THe GM takes the podium at 4:45pm est.

DCX

I was hoping Peter King was going to break a story for a change.

edit:

LiveWire said:
--UPDATE--

Jan 5, 2010 4:36PM EDT -- Washington, DC

FOXSPORTS' Jay Glazer has now reported that the talks between the Redskins and the Chiefs for the #1 overall pick in tomorrow's draft have closed. Rumors state that Kansas City declined the offer after re-evaluating the projected top 5 picks of the draft. Whether or not Washington will make a play for a lower first round pick before the draft deadline remains to be seen.

fuck jay glazer

PBY

Banned
daw840 said:
Peterb0y

Are you going to be around this evening. I will need to crunch some numbers at home...
against quite a few peoples advice, the trade is still on the table- i dont know when exactly ill be online, but i definitely will be later tonight- shoot me a pm

for now marinate away

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
peterb0y said:
against quite a few peoples advice, the trade is still on the table- i dont know when exactly ill be online, but i definitely will be later tonight- shoot me a pm

for now marinate away
AP for the #1 is enough man, don't give up the whole board!

Fifty

--BREAKING--

Jan 5, 2010 4:57 EDT -- Toronto, ON

ESPN's Scoop Jackson is now reporting that the Baltimore Ravens GM will not be able to attend the draft. Citing "personal reasons" the erstwhile Ravens GM will therefore put his picks in the claws of his robotic assistant GMs. Baltimore fans interviewed have given up what little hope they had of the next Joey Keller arriving in Baltimore. With names like 'Pe'shon, J'neddy and Tai-ler in the top 10, some critics are doubting the very existence of the draftees

TheCrow

Wellington said:

Part of me doesn't want AP in the division but I wouldn't mind seeing the chiefs throw away their entire draft. I also would like the challenge.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:

I totally agree.

I really don't want to see the Chiefs fucked over any more.

Birdman02

Wellington said:

Really? So you'd give him AP for "just" the #1 pick? I think it's a crazy offer, but I don't think it's too far off from what it would actually take to get him in real life.

Fifty

Personally, I would approve AP for the #1 and Willis. But no more than that and it's iffy. I would also insist that Daw draft the WR, Grimes, or else get kicked out of the league. There is only one true #1 pick in this draft. Drafting anyone else would get you laughed out of the league.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Actually come to think of it the #1 alone isn't enough. AP is rated 98 and is 27 years old. It'd take at least the #1, Larry Johnson McGahee and maybe a mid-rounder.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
Actually come to think of it the #1 alone isn't enough. AP is rated 98 and is 27 years old. It'd take at least the #1, Larry Johnson McGahee and maybe a mid-rounder.

Yea, but I don't think Daw would even want a part of that.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Personally, I would approve AP for the #1 and Willis. But no more than that and it's iffy. I would also insist that Daw draft the WR, Grimes, or else get kicked out of the league. There is only one true #1 pick in this draft. Drafting anyone else would get you laughed out of the league.
Grimes is a beast! AJ style WR.

DCX

LukeSmith

wtf at all the tampering - no way daw is moving to 1 for a franchise qb named "ace" - no way! Daw wants to unite the newly minted 80 OVR JeMarcus with Primetime Grimes

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am building my team just to counter Colds.

Fun fact:

The Giants and I lost five games last season.

THREE of them were to CB.

:|

Fifty

daw840 said:
If AP leaves this team, it's going to take more than #1 and McGahee. I'll say that much.

Well I'm not going to sit by as Peterboy turns his team into an even stinkier mound of garbage, all for a RB to run behind a paper-thin OL!

CB3

I am building my team just to counter Colds.

Fun fact:

The Giants and I lost five games last season.

THREE of them were to CB.

asante-samuel.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Aaaand I have to miss the draft tomorrow because my trip got moved up. What a football-crushing trip this is. Flying during Madden draft, meetings during Cardinals game. Give me a break. Here's hoping the MAC address trick works in hotel rooms or I'll have to AirBrian it for the next few weeks. :/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
My entire team will be A++ OL guys and BJac just slamming you like in season 1. You're fucked!

FMT misses BBall tomorrow
Striker at work
BigAT also misses BBall tomorrow
Fifty not gonna make it
Astro not going to make it...

Why was the draft not tonight again?

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
wtf at all the tampering - no way daw is moving to 1 for a franchise qb named "ace" - no way! Daw wants to unite the newly minted 80 OVR JeMarcus with Primetime Grimes
JeMarcus, Primetime Grimes, Mcgahee, Great D along with Sidney Rice and Harvin...damn.

DCX

Matrix

CB3 said:
He isnt on my team. he was on yours.

wtf did he go? wtf did BJ do with him. I know he took him from the FA pool even though I was begging for him not to :lol Another sign he was trying to fuck with me.

Birdman02

Fifty said:
Well I'm not going to sit by as Peterboy turns his team into an even stinkier mound of garbage, all for a RB to run behind a paper-thin OL!

Well, no offense to Peterb0y, but he hasn't really showed that he's gonna be competitve enough to push for a playoff spot anytime soon, especially in his division. I don't blame him for trying to make a move to get a player he really likes.

I'm not saying that I'd expect the trade to go through, but I can understand why it was offered.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
BJac will fumble one day. One day!
BJac - 96 CAR
BJac Jr. - 99 CAR (Andre Brown.... now with 96 trucking!)

Led by: Brandon Atkinson, Chris Snee, Will Beatty and two brand new toys.

Fuck maybe I'll even draft a monster FB just to fuck with you even more.

Can't intercept shit if I don't pass!

daw840

Just so everyone can get a little perspective on this trade. IRL, Jared Allen was traded for a 1st round and two 3rd round picks. I would put a higher price than that on AP.

CB3

Wellington said:
BJac - 96 CAR
BJac Jr. - 99 CAR (Aaron Brown.... now with 96 trucking!)

Led by: Brandon Atkinson, Chris Snee, Will Beatty and two brand new toys.

Fuck maybe I'll even draft a monster FB just to fuck with you even more.

Can't intercept shit if I don't pass!

We'll see friend. We'll see

PBY

Banned
Birdman02 said:
Well, no offense to Peterb0y, but he hasn't really showed that he's gonna be competitve enough to push for a playoff spot anytime soon, especially in his division. I don't blame him for trying to make a move to get a player he really likes.

I'm not saying that I'd expect the trade to go through, but I can understand why it was offered.
no offense taken... its pretty much exactly why i offered this trade- and like i said earlier, im pretty sure ill get another crack at a number one pick:lol

Top Bottom