• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

im back!

whats going on fellas?

regarding the edge thing (bluemax), my first reaction i would say no because that is going to open doors down the line where people say "hey! it's week 5 and so and so signed with my team, i should get him!"

but i'll confer with my co-commishes and see how they feel about it and make a decision from there.

oh, btw, Daw had his xbox stolen and was also banned. not sure if he can be unbanned, but he says he's going to have his xbox back shortly, so we'll see...

Rorschach

...oh, FMT... you're back... early....

*hides link to other league*

Soo.... what's up?

When does Daw expect to have an Xbox? Between the connection problems, MrBob, and Daw's missing xbox, we'll never get to week 3. :\

Also, how long does it say is left on his ban? He can check by logging in. It'll give him a reason and a time for the ban lift.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
he said that he said something about schools banning peanut butter and its a 2 month ban? i have no idea wtf the context was beyond that
:lol Ah yes, that thread. You have to stay out of hot button topics. Anyway, looks like things got heated and he called people names and stuff. There are a couple of other posters from the NFL thread that got banned for less in that same thread. I think he'll probably have to serve out his sentence, but thankfully he left behind AIM and XBL info.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
this forum is funny sometimes.

I realize they dont want it to turn into 4chan or thou who shall not be named-Ages. but i mean come on. I got banned for a week once for "inciting a riot".

Edit: And i wouldnt dare say this in the gaming or OT forum. Id be banned before i was able to check another thread

Rorschach

I only post in the NFL thread and Madden thread during the season. Problem solved! Once in a while, I post some very vanilla commentary in other threads, but I never get into political threads, console threads, hot button issue threads, or anything like that. I would never want to read Sales-Age, but that would be a thread I would avoid too. [edit] Oh, and make sure to avoid any topic that has anything to do with the opposite sex.

Then, in the off-season, I troll around all day. I make sure my ban is only worthy of 6 months or less, though.

Striker

Fairly obvious, but Brandon Jacobs on here is a beast. I've been playing with Jamal Lewis, sure, but Jacobs' tackle breaking and yards after contact is just ridiculous. Steve Smith and Kevin Boss are a treat to use, too. Haven't messed with Nicks, Beckum, or others. But I wanted to try out other teams because I haven't at all since launch.

Wellie, I haven't checked your rushing stats or anything at all, but your offense would be deadly with a better WR (Edwards, lol; I played an exhibition with Browns vs. Dolphins, and Will Allen shut his ass down. He couldn't get open -_-).

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I have not run that well in league games. :( Also I have been known as a run first guy in all of our leagues, so most of the time I face 8-9 in the box. :(

LiveWire

Wellington said:
I have not run that well in league games. :( Also I have been known as a run first guy in all of our leagues, so most of the time I face 8-9 in the box. :(

Oh boo-fucking-hoo. ;P I've had Jason Campbell as QB for the past 3 seasons, and Mark Brunell before that.

AirBrian said:
Nah, that's Brett Favre.

idgfsy.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Oh boo-fucking-hoo. ;P I've had Jason Campbell as QB for the past 3 seasons, and Mark Brunell before that.
Ok... So what does that have to do with Brandon Jacobs running people over in this game?

motherfuckers no one has had a worse QB situation than me since madden has been online! tim rattay, alex smith, trent dilfer, shaun hill.... all horribly rated even though they were awesome in real life! wah wah wah!

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
im back!

whats going on fellas?

regarding the edge thing (bluemax), my first reaction i would say no because that is going to open doors down the line where people say "hey! it's week 5 and so and so signed with my team, i should get him!"

but i'll confer with my co-commishes and see how they feel about it and make a decision from there.

oh, btw, Daw had his xbox stolen and was also banned. not sure if he can be unbanned, but he says he's going to have his xbox back shortly, so we'll see...

Fair enough, makes me wish we'd waited until rosters were finalized at least but I can make do without Edge.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
motherfuckers no one has had a worse QB situation than me since madden has been online! tim rattay, alex smith, trent dilfer, shaun hill.... all horribly rated even though they were awesome in real life! wah wah wah!

:lol

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
im back!

whats going on fellas?

This will henceforth be known as: The Crabtree Rule

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:
im back!

whats going on fellas?

Can you just sim my game with Daw in that case? Let's get this shit going.

LiveWire

dskillzhtown said:

Even better, we can just sim to the end of this season. Let's just hand me one of these, and we'll be good to go for Season 2! :D

lombardi_trophy_full.jpg

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, Andrew Walter, Josh McCown, JaMarcus Russell. Not only that, but average/mediocre RBs like Tyrone Wheatley and Lamont Jordan...and, of course, a shitty OL.

Jason Campbell is not nearly as bad as Hill or Russell.

dskillzhtown said:
We can't sim individual games, but we can advance the week.

Funny that MrBob is the last one again... Coincidence or Cheers?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I would love to sim some of my games--especially against better players who have shittier teams. Not really fair (or realistic) that I should struggle against bad teams just because I haven't been playing Madden for years.

Bring on Week 3.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
no, I wasn't quitting, just reafirming I suck at the game.

Haha, Tom Brady WAS injured. 3 Weeks.

AWalt Future!

Oh boooo

But if anyone does drop while I'm still in Mexico (I get back late on September 5th) I'll take the team and you can have someone sub for me or sim the game while I'm gone

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Anyone want to play some games tonight? I've got something going on in about a half hour, but I am trying to get back before the start of Vick-Mania. Any time from 8 onward would be good.... looking to play people I have never played before this year.... Somnia, MWS, DCX (Did I play you?) etc.

i doubt we're advancing tonight.

daw told me he is likely buying a new 360 tonight! if he doesn't have it by tomorrow then i'll make a decision. the shitty thing is i can't exactly boot him and then have dskillz play the cpu because if i do that then he (daw) can no longer join our league. fucking stupid EA

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
that is stupid.

i have to say though when my 360 redringed i went out and got a new one that day to play my fifa league game. i guess i shouldn't be too surprised that american football fans are a bit more "soft" and less passionate about their sport though.... all that padding. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm not the biggest Ronaldo fan, although he is very graceful. But guys like Gravesen, I can't think of many American players that would be so tough in front of him without their pads.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i doubt we're advancing tonight.

daw told me he is likely buying a new 360 tonight! if he doesn't have it by tomorrow then i'll make a decision. the shitty thing is i can't exactly boot him and then have dskillz play the cpu because if i do that then he (daw) can no longer join our league. fucking stupid EA
Dskillz said he was fine with simming it. He's the one that brought it up!

Oh, and daw can leave the league temporarily through the web if you wanted to match Dskillz vs the cpu.

AstroLad said:
I'm not the biggest Ronaldo fan, although he is very graceful. But guys like Gravesen, I can't think of many American players that would be so tough in front of him without their pads.

gravesen2.jpg

:lol

i'm sure guys like patrick willis, james harrison, or basically any offensive/defensive lineman in the NFL would be quakin' in their boots at the sight of this guy

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
AstroLad said:

briandawkins6_1_-541x370.jpg

bdawk.jpg

dawkins-from-behind.jpg

dawkplex2.gif

is he going to slap a football player to death? unfortunately NFL players will not flop and feign injury when they are touched so i don't know how far he would get in the NFL.

in other news:

daw840daw (8:16:58 PM): Hey man. I just bought a new 360

Top Bottom