• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

TheCrow

If we can't get it in tonight lets just sim it. And hopefully my next game goes smoother.
Don't want to leave league :(

good game CB, kinda mad it came down to the missed 49 yarder which i hit full power bar and it came up just short. Oh well, I'm not feeling too down cause I think I have this Defense playing way above their ratings. Had something like 6 sacks and 9 tackles for loss.

Striker

TheCrow said:
Yeah, I had the same problem with smokey. Couldn't even start the game. I am going to contact some people to see if they can open some ports.
Same error? I never encountered this so, I'm not sure what to do if one of us has to change something in regards to direct connect or something.

TheCrow

I am unable to do more than connecting directly from the ethernet outlet to my 360. It's just that my buildings internet has been getting worse lately.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
fwiw I kept trying to play with my friend tonight and we kept getting disconnected right after the coin toss even though we could connect to everyone else just fine. Tried absolutely everything including resetting modems.

Rorschach

TheCrow: Yeah, sometimes dorms have those issues. Let us know if they forward your ports

According to the Microsoft website, the ports are
  • TCP 80
  • UDP 88
  • UDP 3074
  • TCP 3074
  • UDP 53
  • TCP 53

but I would try forwarding both TCP and UDP for 53,80,88,3074. That's how it was for Madden 08 and 09. I think it should be the same for 10.

Striker said:
Can't seem to direct connect properly. :\
You couldn't get your Xbox online through a direct connection?

Striker

Rorschach said:
You couldn't get your Xbox online through a direct connection?
Yeah... Not sure if I have to do anything else with my ISP settings? I never did the direct connect at all before, and never configured with the settings outside setting them up.

Rorschach

Striker said:
Yeah... Not sure if I have to do anything else with my ISP settings? I never did the direct connect at all before, and never configured with the settings outside setting them up.
You usually just reset your modem, but you have to reset your ecksbocks.

Holy shit, EA has fucked up NBA2k style and this is going to be a problem.

I'm running a fast franchise with my friend. It's just us two, and all we do is sim games till we play each other. He wanted to use Carolina so I decided to just pick Tampa Bay so we're in the same division.

He (Panthers) finished 10-6, the CPU Eagles finished 10-6, and the CPU Cardinals finished 9-5-2.

The Eagles/Cardinals won the wildcard. How the fuck? He even won the week 1 matchup against Philadelphia. I should also point out that the Eagles were 6-6 in conference, Arizona was 5-5-2, while my friend was 8-4. He also had the best division record out of them all, as if it really matters.

And just for the hell of it, since 2k decided this system to, his point differential was way higher than both teams.

Wow.

bluemax

Banned
Hey FMT question for you good friend!

In real life the Seahawks have dumped TJ Duckett for Edgerrin James. Do I get the benefit of this transaction in our franchise or no?

Rorschach

ph33nix said:

I'm running a fast franchise with my friend. It's just us two, and all we do is sim games till we play each other. He wanted to use Carolina so I decided to just pick Tampa Bay so we're in the same division.

He (Panthers) finished 10-6, the CPU Eagles finished 10-6, and the CPU Cardinals finished 9-5-2.

The Eagles/Cardinals won the wildcard. How the fuck? He even won the week 1 matchup against Philadelphia. I should also point out that the Eagles were 6-6 in conference, Arizona was 5-5-2, while my friend was 8-4. He also had the best division record out of them all, as if it really matters.

And just for the hell of it, since 2k decided this system to, his point differential was way higher than both teams.

Wow.
2cf2n8n.png

Don't tell me it's fucking alphabetical by team name...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Don't tell me it's fucking alphabetical by team name...
That would suck because the teams I'd be competing with for a spot all have names ahead of me. Cowboys, Eagles, Bucs, Falcons, I guess 49ers too. :( Sucks all the good teams are in the same divisions in the NFC.

Is anyone playing these games a hair differently because it's a franchise? I don't know if anyone else does this but I've been regularly subbing in my rookies and younger players to see what they can do and to try and improve their ratings. I removed Danny Clark from my starting lineup and plugged in Clint Sintim. I am considering making Terrell Thomas my nickleback over Dockery. There haven't been any +/- ratings on anyone even though Hakeem Nicks just put up a 4 catch 100 yard game.

The only thing that has me worried is I have not been able to get my running game on track. Weird considering my line, and especially how good my center and RG are, both were pro-bowlers.

ph33nix said:

Wow.

what's the name of the franchise, just wondering if we can view it online.

sableholic said:
what's the name of the franchise, just wondering if we can view it online.

it's called "pw3" and max users is 2, and CPU trading is on, it was a fantasy draft

wtf? can anyone log into their franchise online? it keeps saying my email/password is wrong. i haven't changed a thing. i even reset my password...

ugh

ph33nix said:
it's called "pw3" and max users is 2, and CPU trading is on, it was a fantasy draft

wtf? can anyone log into their franchise online? it keeps saying my email/password is wrong. i haven't changed a thing. i even reset my password...

ugh

i was able to get in, but a search for that franchise turned up nothing, maybe its just acting wonky still.

I sent a message to the online franchise guy on twitter about the playoff seeding, he said they'd look it and that they'll fix the searching by owner name by the end of the week

sableholic said:
i was able to get in, but a search for that franchise turned up nothing, maybe its just acting wonky still. I sent a message to the online franchise guy on twitter, he said they'd look into it and that they'll fix the searching by owner name by the end of the week

you should also twitter to him that this playoff seeding they've got going is bullshit

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Why wouldn't they just use the regular NFL playoff-seeding rules? Maybe they need to hire the leaguedaddy guy as a consultant on this stuff.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Won't be a problem for me cause I plan on going 16-0. Good luck to the rest of you chumps though! :D

And yea, I'm pretty sure we're screwed, because I won Week 1 21-10, Shawn won 21-16 and CB beat his opponent 35-20. But the Cowboys are listed above the Eagles, then the Skins in the division, despite the point differential for the teams being:

Eagles +15
Redskins +11
Cowboys +5

Don't be dumb, you should be listed #1 because you have a divisional win.

How about we wait until like week 14-15 before worrying about playoff seeding.

ph33nix said:
you should also twitter to him that this playoff seeding they've got going is bullshit

Sorry I meant I sent him a message about the playoff seeding, not about how i couldn't find your franchise.

Mrbob

BATMAN. For me, not for you! :D

Ramirez I should be home tonight to play. I picked up Batman so I'll probably be playing that. But I got it on PS3 so you'll have to send me a PSN message or just hit me up on AIM.

PS- I'm only on season 4 right now. :(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Lonestar and I are trying to synch up schedules to play tonight or tomorrow night. He has family in town at the moment and work has me pretty slammed. If we can't play tonight, we are scheduled to play tomorrow night at 9EST. Apologies for the delay.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Big time. Especially since I noticed that Dickerson isn't even listed as being on the team anymore. Don't know who that dude from the commercials is gonna throw to. :lol

Somnia

LukeSmith said:
I doubt the league advances tonight - but rest assured, when it does, you'll get your revenge.

Hey Luke I meant to ask you. You gonna be in Vegas for the GS Conference? Didn't know if Bungie were sending anyone.

Rorschach

ph33nix said:

ugh
I got that error a few times. You just have to keep entering your password or if you have firefox, just keep hitting enter. :lol

Man, that website is shit...

AstroLad said:
Are we tentatively advancing tonight?
I really doubt it. :\

LukeSmith

Somnia said:
Hey Luke I meant to ask you. You gonna be in Vegas for the GS Conference? Didn't know if Bungie were sending anyone.

We're sending folks, I won't be there though. I'm playing my Madden games instead of traveling!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
I got that error a few times. You just have to keep entering your password or if you have firefox, just keep hitting enter. :lol

Man, that website is shit...

I really doubt it. :\
You have to clear your cookies, then go back to the site and log in again. Yes, it is kind of a joke.

Somnia

LukeSmith said:
We're sending folks, I won't be there though. I'm playing my Madden games instead of traveling!

:lol I wont be able to play any of my games sun-weds next week (maybe thursday if flight is delayed). So...I may end up holding everyone back unless you sim my game.

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
You have to clear your cookies, then go back to the site and log in again. Yes, it is kind of a joke.
That didn't work for the "wrong information" error when I tried it, but hitting enter like 10 times did.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LukeSmith said:

A real man.

Meanwhile Bob cant be bother to play his games because he is watching CHEERS

This is a link to the franchise

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/madden/franchise/individualFranchise?prefs=fId=64356

Yes, that's right, both my RB (Jacobs/Washington) got injured, and in my last week game, my FB who was filling in for my injured RBs got out for the year too.

I might as well put Vince at RB.

oh so can anyone figure out why Arizona who has a worse winning percentage got in ahead of the Panthers?

And how the Eagles got in too even though they lost the head-to-head?

sigh

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I'll try to get in contact with Daw tonight and play my game. Him being banned kind of puts a monkey wrench in things.

Somnia

Just playing around with the Bengals I can't get shit going even against the cpu sometimes. Some games my offense is rocking and I'm getting great passes (like a few on Rors heh) and some really good runs outa Benson, but others my oline just lays there.

Basically if you have a dline that has more than 2 80+ ranked guys on the line I'm fucked right now. Can we skip ahead to the draft? :D

Top Bottom