• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn I just played a game with AT, the QBs got hit so often I cannot believe one of them did not get carted off of the field. :lol Your D is serious.

BigAT

Wellington said:
Damn I just played a game with AT, the QBs got hit so often I cannot believe one of them did not get carted off of the field. :lol Your D is serious.

GG, I think my D was too tired on that last drive to make any meaningful plays unfortunately. Those two punts of yours early on really put me in a bad spot, I think at the 9 and then stuck on the 1.

Somnia

Wellington said:
Try switching your oline for thr bengals oline and you know how I felt last week lol. Ok done posting while at work =)

BigAT

storybook77 said:
I'll probably be around until 12 EST tonight BigAT if you want to get our game in. I'll be around for a few hours in the early afternoon tomorrow but I'm going to the Falcons game tomorrow night.

I'm probably having people over to my place tonight, so I think that is likely out. Tomorrow afternoon should work though.

Somnia

Ramirez we are week 3. You able to play tonight after the week advances (7pm pst on)??? Let me know since tonight is the only chance I'll get till thursday next week.

LukeSmith

Somnia said:
Ramirez we are week 3. You able to play tonight after the week advances (7pm pst on)??? Let me know since tonight is the only chance I'll get till thursday next week.

:lol

Crystal ball says this game is getting simmed.

LukeSmith

AstroLad said:
I can hop on at 7 pst Luke assuming the week has been advanced by then. Baller style.

I'll probably be at work still or on my way home around then, I'll post in the thread when I'm home and we'll get 'er done tonight.

Ramirez

Mrbob said:
Hey I had my aim browser open every night this week and I haven't seen Ramirez online!

He was probably wasting his time playing halo 3 instead anyway!

It's been a hectic week for me, I'm in the process of getting ready to move into a new house, I told you that night that we had planned to play should have been the night we played! Shadow Complex was more important. ;)

Somnia, I'm thinking Sunday night around 5 est to 9 est would be the best time slot for me, I might be available tomorrow, we'll see. edit: wow, just noticed you said Thursday would be the next time you're available, ouch. :(

I feel pretty bad that I'm holding the league up! :lol Pretty soon I will be in my new house and won't have to rely on using my brothers internet like I am atm.

Striker

Ramirez said:
I feel pretty bad that I'm holding the league up! :lol Pretty soon I will be in my new house and won't have to rely on using my brothers internet like I am atm.
You're not. Others are also having time problems and myself/Crow couldn't connect. :lol

Somnia

Ya I don't know how you want to handle the game between Ramirez and I since I'm sure you don't want to wait till thursday for us to play. I'll let all of you guys figure that out!

Striker

Wow, Browns beat Broncos in OT! Sorry Crow :(

Quinn, 55 pass attempts. :lol

Braylon, 11 rec., 103 yards, 2 TD's -- Too bad his ass doesn't play like that any other time. -_-

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Birdman, you free tonight? If not late Sunday night is good for me.

I'll hang around the forum till 11 pm est to see if you respond.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
freaky :lol

Yea I am, I can play in 5 just have to switch connections.

the beat downs continue!

i got favred :(

here is my defense in a nutshell:

1. i call man defense, no blitzing or light blitzing

Reaction: No pressure on the QB. qb has his option to wait for his player to get open Vs. man to man defense. a completion will eventually happen unless the opposing player makes a poor read.

2. i call zone defense, no blitzing or light blitzing

Reaction: See man defense called

3. I call man defense with heavy blitz

Reaction: The blitz "gets" there, but my CB's are so poor in bump and run coverage that they either fail to get a good bump, or the blitz is still slow enough to where the opposing player can wait for his guy to get open.

4. call zone with a heavy blitz

Reaction: Crapshoot.... either its a big play for the offense or i get a pick/hurried throw. the latter happens more often than not.

like i said before i can't complain at all. anyone who watches the 49ers knows this is what our defensive line does. but i expect nate clements to be a little better in man coverage.... although maybe i shouldn't, he wasn't even in the top 50 CB's list from opsports stat rundown thingie :lol

maybe i can get some help off the waiver wire come week 5 :D

Matrix

I'm fucking cursed.

Slaton who is my offense and awesome in this game gets hurt on the 2nd play on my first drive in the first damn quarter. I lose him the whole game and then see i'm even more fucked....

Dislocated kneecap out 4 weeks.

THE ONE F-ING YEAR I HAVE A HB THIS HAPPENS

Oh and AJ the best WR in the NFL fumbles on the 3 or 4 yard line in the redzone.

GG Birdman, but damn it was over the moment I lost Slaton and shit my season is imo.

Moats and Brown :lol

Rorschach

GG TheCrow. You have a good rush defense, but unfortunately turnovers were the deciding factor, I think. I didn't have a great offense, but held firm and was lucky on not making ints or getting TOs. Look forward to playing you again.

Matrix

Congrats Rors...you don't get to face Slaton week 4.
Congrats Astrolad... you too don't have to face Slaton week 5.
Congrats Somnia.... guess what no Slaton for joo week 6.
Congrats FMT.... no Slaton, but I'll beat you anyway week 7.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
I'm fucking cursed.

Slaton who is my offense and awesome in this game gets hurt on the 2nd play on my first drive in the first damn quarter. I lose him the whole game and then see i'm even more fucked....

Oh and AJ the best WR in the NFL fumbles on the 3 or 4 yard line in the redzone.

GG Birdman, but damn it was over the moment I lost Slaton and shit my season is imo.

Ah, shit that sucks. Cool to see injuries, though. ;)

[edit] "Congrats Rors...you don't get to face Slaton week 4. " Oh shit, this benefits me! Thanks!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
maybe i can get some help off the waiver wire come week 5 :D
You want Mitchell, defensive beast? Make me a good offer and I'll think about it.

TheCrow

GG Rorschach

I couldn't do anything. And my game was too predictable. I need to find a play style and stick with it. Your passing game was good enough and my DBs just couldn't keep up and kept getting beat.

Anyone want to play and destroy me again. :( I need to get some practice.

Matrix

Who wants to give me a decent HB you can have SEXY REXY! :O

Rorschach

GG Crow

Matrix said:
Who wants to give me a decent HB you can have SEXY REXY! :O
I can give you Bush or Fargas' sexy asses for something tasty!

Not Rex, though. I already have a strong armed QB that can't throw for shit!

Birdman02

Matrix said:
I'm fucking cursed.

GG man. I hated
(not really)
to see Slaton go down, especially when they put him on the cart. After that, all I did was focus on Johnson the rest of the game. I think it could've been an awesome game if you were at full strength.

Now for some highlights:

1st TD of the game:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8796944

The funniest thing was hearing Collinsworth talking about Garrard zipping it in there after the play.

Andre Johnson's fumble that all but sealed it....user strip btw!!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8796929

Matrix

Rorschach said:
GG Crow

I can give you Bush or Fargas' sexy asses for something tasty!

Not Rex, though. I already have a strong armed QB that can't throw for shit!

What do you need? I don't have many tasty pieces :(

Matrix said:
Congrats Rors...you don't get to face Slaton week 4.
Congrats Astrolad... you too don't have to face Slaton week 5.
Congrats Somnia.... guess what no Slaton for joo week 6.
Congrats FMT.... no Slaton, but I'll beat you anyway week 7.

yes you will :(

p.s. if anyone needs a good LB takeo spikes is still there.... waiting for you! i need D-line help though

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, I don't know what to do. 1st try, I show some signs of life, with AWALT, and getting near halftime and disconnect connection with DCX.

2nd Try, so much worse. AWALT sucks so much. If it's thrown further than 10 feet, it's a crapshoot wherever it's going. It gets laughable around halftime.

It gets to 41 to 10, and it's not even 4th quarter yet. And DCX throws a pass (on 2nd down) for a touchdown. At that point, I pause it, tell him in message I will complain about that here. (come on man, 41-10, run it in. PERIOD. He messages back "why, might I ask" (gee, because you're throwing with a 31 point lead). I start to reply, and boom, DRE. I tell him to finish against the CPU (I hope he can).

Well, that's pretty much it.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
Well, I don't know what to do. 1st try, I show some signs of life, with AWALT, and getting near halftime and disconnect connection with DCX.

2nd Try, so much worse. AWALT sucks so much. If it's thrown further than 10 feet, it's a crapshoot wherever it's going. It gets laughable around halftime.

It gets to 41 to 10, and it's not even 4th quarter yet. And DCX throws a pass (on 2nd down) for a touchdown. At that point, I pause it, tell him in message I will complain about that here. (come on man, 41-10, run it in. PERIOD. He messages back "why, might I ask" (gee, because you're throwing with a 31 point lead). I start to reply, and boom, DRE. I tell him to finish against the CPU (I hope he can).

Well, that's pretty much it.
I'm sorry if you felt like i was offending you, never my intention. I'm never in position to be good enough to be accused of running up the score..my plan was to run all fourth...but it never got there...again my bad if you were insulted. i believe i threw on third after trying to running play at the goalline, and a holding or something like that..either way..

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
360 didn't make a launch unit with more than 13 gigs of space, and then decided "hey, lets make some BS transfer system, sell it", on top of "hey, lets sell this HD for the price of half a console!"

So no, I can't install it. Not with 1 gig of space open.

No, DCX, it was 2nd Down. And yes, Offended is the correct word in this instance. But since "yelling" on the internet is a stupid and wasteful thing to do, why bother, right?

Can you save some replay's of Awalt overthrowing a wide open Moss or Galloway? Might have been the other game, but it was probably 1st or 2nd quarter.

When can I grab a Free Agent QB? 57 for a starter is way too much fun, I need to timid it up.

Top Bottom