• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Ramirez

Hmm, yea I dp again some how, epic fail tonight with my posting skills.

You plan on meeting me in the SB, FMT? I won't be there, I can't beat Rors, Smokey, or LJ.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
Indirectly you are since Lonestar is pissed about that trade. :D

:lol

i also think i called like 2 playaction passes..... out of 39 total passes :lol

fucking stupid since jack's PA rating is like an 85 or something. poor playcalling near the end doomed me.... i should've called a PA on that 3rd and 1, easy money :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
Hmm, yea I dp again some how, epic fail tonight with my posting skills.

You plan on meeting me in the SB, FMT? I won't be there, I can't beat Rors, Smokey, or LJ.

Here's how you beat all three since I of all people have....

For Rors, I'll loan you Moats.

For Smokey, I'll loan you Bjoern Mason.

For LJ, get someone to loan you Larry Johnson.

Your problems are solved.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nah, I'm not that pissed, as the fumbles haven't hurt me yet. Just more upset at having the Commish decide the worth over the owner of the player. If there's a case of homerism, sure (like the Chiefs trying to get AP). But in the case, no.

It was more of getting something of a good RB, that just adds another weapon to the stable, in the hyper competitive AFC. Trying to push LJ as best as I can, maybe I can win a game, one of these days.

But so far, think he's done ok, probably the best start of any RB that I've had so far. 37 carries for 220 yards, 1 TD. He's almost about halfway to Fargas' total last season, which was the best I've had so far, at like 600 yards. Add on 9 catches for 161 yards and 2 TD's.

Rorschach

FMT in the SuperBowl?

29uu3qe.jpg

Matrix

Lone, when those fumbles actually start costing you games, in advance.... I'm terribly sorry.

Lonestar said:
Nah, I'm not that pissed, as the fumbles haven't hurt me yet. Just more upset at having the Commish decide the worth over the owner of the player. If there's a case of homerism, sure (like the Chiefs trying to get AP). But in the case, no.

It was more of getting something of a good RB, that just adds another weapon to the stable, in the hyper competitive AFC. Trying to push LJ as best as I can, maybe I can win a game, one of these days.

welp, i wasn't the only one to call it an uneven trade and vote against the original trade.

then, after you both complained about it, i told matrix it was ok as long as you added a 6th round pick. what else can i say?

Matrix

I didn't want a 6th round pick, I thought it was pointless.

Lonestar

Matrix, just keep an eye on how many RB's I use over the course of the season. Think I've had carries for Slaton, Fargas, Peerman, McKie, Tribow. If EA had more options in the package, I'd find ways to get in Marony, Antoine Smith and Larry Mata.

I figure, spread it out, and hopefully limit the chances.

Anyone want some backup RB's, I have like 8 of them.

Lonestar said:
Matrix, just keep an eye on how many RB's I use over the course of the season. Think I've had carries for Slaton, Fargas, Peerman, McKie, Tribow. If EA had more options in the package, I'd find ways to get in Marony, Antoine Smith and Larry Mata.

Anyone want some backup RB's, I have like 8 of them.

what has tribow been up to? haven't heard much about him.... THIS season!

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wait, so it's the same exact trade, except you get an additional 6th round pick and you didn't want it....

I thought you took away Seymour or something cause you said he was old. Maybe I read your pm message wrong.

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what has tribow been up to? haven't heard much about him.... THIS season!

Continues to have another perfect passer rating, 2 TD's throwing 1 Running. Haven't gotten to the goalline too many times, I keep scoring to far from it.

Fifty

Matrix beats the S1 champ and complains about us not liking his trade? Just forget about that, and enjoy your biggest win of Madden 10!

Matrix

Btw I'm kinda wondering why so many people passed on the best speed back in the draft. He was around till the 20th pick in the 2nd round when Rors drafted for me.

We all know how crazy good these players are, I figured someone would have grabbed him.

I didn't complain about the trade Fifty, go back and read :lol I'm happy it worked out the way it did. Lonestar is annoyed.

Lonestar

Matrix said:
Btw I'm kinda wondering why so many people passed on the best speed back in the draft. He was around till the 20th pick in the 2nd round when Rors drafted for me.

We all know how crazy good these players are, I figured someone would have grabbed him.

I didn't complain about the trade Fifty, go back and read :lol

I didn't miss him....per se 99 speed, 99 acc, 99 trucking!

I tongue-in-cheek complained about the trade, Fifty

Matrix said:
I thought you took away Seymour or something cause you said he was old. Maybe I read your pm message wrong.

nope, all i said was have him add a 6th and that was it. read your pm's closer brother!

oh and i play the redskins next week. time for morrow to see jack english.... up close and personal!

Matrix

Fifty said:
Matrix beats the S1 champ and complains about us not liking his trade? Just forget about that, and enjoy your biggest win of Madden 10!

I'm going to beat you for this post or maybe I'll Bob you and make you sit around while I watch Legend of the Seeker or Cheers.

LJ11

Matrix said:

I didn't complain about the trade Fifty, go back and read :lol I'm happy it worked out the way it did. Lonestar is annoyed.

I wanted him in the 2nd, but I knew he wouldn't get to my pick which is why I tried to get some speed from someone else before the draft.

Who has Purcell is what I want to know.

wr i got in the 5th round scored a TD for me against the steelers. bonus pick!

and wow i am going to be fucked if i have an injury at RB. i only have coffee and gore....

maybe i'll take a look at some of lonestars backs!

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:

and wow i am going to be fucked if i have an injury at RB. i only have coffee and gore....

Probably only ones I'd really want to keep are Slaton, Peerman, and Fargas.

LJ, Tavardis Purcell? Dallas has that guy.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
I wanted him in the 2nd, but I knew he wouldn't get to my pick which is why I tried to get some speed from someone else before the draft.

Who has Purcell is what I want to know.
The Cowboys.

Round 2, Pick 14
selection:Dallas Cowboys (SomniaGAF) drafts WR Tavadis Purcell

bluemax

Banned
Lonestar said:
Yeah, Blue. I would love if that playbook had 1 set of the Split I Forms (Strong and Weak side), and perhaps a bit of Wildcat in there. I'd love the Miami one, that has passing in it, but something like Cincy's would do. But since I have 3 strong WR's, a great TE, and speed backs, the Pat's playbook does well.

Yeah considering I go 4 deep at WR, have a great TE and of course LeRon I haven't found a playbook with passing plays I like as much. The plays that are designed for Welker can be especially effective with any speedy WR.

I agree on the running formations, the strong I close is nice but I'd like to have some of the Chargers running stuff too.

Also did you guys see the big EA stock report thing? They're promising an innovative and new approach for Madden 11!

Lonestar

Thing is, Welker occupies my #1 spot, so he, for the most part, gets the Randy Moss routes. Bellow's is feeding of the Welker routes.

LukeSmith

bluemax said:
Yeah considering I go 4 deep at WR, have a great TE and of course LeRon I haven't found a playbook with passing plays I like as much. The plays that are designed for Welker can be especially effective with any speedy WR.

I agree on the running formations, the strong I close is nice but I'd like to have some of the Chargers running stuff too.

Yesss more folks who like Strong I close, fyi league that formation is in HOU, Pass Balanced, and probably some other places

LJ11

Somnia better put him to good use.

Rorschach said:
Yawn. Sweeps and tosses are for pussies. If you throw more than 2 of them a game, you better have a vag.

I know what you mean, but when a guy is stuffing the box with 8 and blitzing up the middle, he must be punished and a toss is the only way to do it without risking a sack/hit into int/etc.

why is emory broussard in FA? i thought he was like a 3rd round pick. someone owe it to someone else who forgot to pick him up?

btw, after week advances on saturday all FA's left are fair game for anyone! so if you have players sitting there that you were owed sign them up now!

Mrbob

Hmm, 4th and 4 from your own 35 is a bit iffy.

I punted against smokey on 4th and 2 from my 48 in our game when I was down 19 to 7 at the time in the 3rd. I thought the rule was pretty specific on that anyway about going for it in your own territory. It goes towards the greater good of trying to make this a sim league. Otherwise we might as well just be playing randoms.

Lonestar

Hey, I lost RB #6, and gained DT #2, moving C. Griffith to 3rd string. Not too bad. I could fill up some talent in the FA with HB's.

With Haynesworth in the middle, eating 3 Tackles for Loss, Sweeps were necessary. I have Fargas for the tough yards inside.

Different note, I believe I have 5 starters (Bellows & Barclay - WR, Axel Onyegbule DE, Gary Feazell & Lee Carter OLB) on my team that are draft players (fake players), and 1 main backup (Tribow - QB) and 2 occasional players (Martin - Safety, Mata - HB).

Anyone else have as many big time contributers from the land of Make Believe?

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
You stocked up on picks last year. :| This year too, but you gave a bunch away.

I have 3 pretend contributors this year and 2 last year, but I gave away my picks for real players. :(

[edit] Meaning 3 total on my roster. My only pretend addition this year was Kassem.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ive said it before and ill say it again. I dont know the 4th down rules and i wont bother looking. If i feel i need to go for it im gonna go for it. This is football not Pansy ass shit. We might as well make the Konex rule where we Ask Madden and put the controller down on D.

No offense to LJ but if you were up 28-10 and and you let something like a 4th down attempt send you into a tailspin that caused you to lose thats on you not crow. And i know you acknowledged that.

Lonestar

Last year's picks were either starters last year, or haven't done anything (except for Axel, he's now a starter). The picks this year went to both real life and fake players and improvements (Aaron Ross, Godfrey, Slaton/Barclay and Feazell)

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Julius Jones is freely available! He was my leading rusher in season 1!

Rorschach said:
Yawn. Sweeps and tosses are for pussies. If you throw more than 2 of them a game, you better have a vag.

Disagree. They are high risk high reward. If someone is good at defense they are 3-5 yard losses, or worse with all you hit sticking mother fuckers they're a fumble with no one around but the defense to recover.

Lone: I had 3 starters out of the first draft, plus a top KR man too. Second draft I have 2 starters so far, a 4th WR who creates matchup problems and some so so CB and OL depth. But Ive only had 1 extra pick in the draft. I think the most disappointing thing for me is how so so my third and fourth rounders have been and the fact that they have such limited growth potential.

DCX

DCX
Mason was on my draft board rated the second RB behind Tank, i was actually looking to draft a FS with my 15th pick but decided to move up to make sure i got Tank ( with low speed i'm sure people had him behind Mason on some boards ). He was there at 10 so the rest is history.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Mason was on my draft board rated the second RB behind Tank, i was actually looking to draft a FS with my 15th pick but decided to move up to make sure i got Tank ( with low speed i'm sure people had him behind Mason on some boards ). He was there at 10 so the rest is history.

DCX
I thank you then for letting Davion Kelly fall to me.

I also had Mason graded highly, but not @ #2 in RBs. He went a little before I thought he would.

CB3 said:
Ive said it before and ill say it again. I dont know the 4th down rules and i wont bother looking.

And this guy is a commish? 4th and short + Brandon Jacobs = delicious!

Striker

Mason did great against me by bursting through tackles and out-racing Eric Wright, Macho Harris, and Tyrell Johnson. :(

I contained Tomlinson until late in the 4th. Ugh, on Matrix's second to last drive, he only had to use three plays to cut it to 21-24; my run defense was so bad - notably the tackling and pursuit. After shutting down Frank Gore and the 49ers run game, that's embarrassing.

Lonestar said:
OFFENSE

HB Myles Mack (2010's 5th round pick)
RG Chris Grant (2010's 2nd round pick)
RT Adrian Grant (2011's 1st round pick [3rd OVR])

DEFENSE

LE Michael Patterson (2010's 3rd round pick)
ROLB Josh Sneed (2010's 1st round pick [8th OVR])
RILB Artavious Kassem (2010's 4th round pick)

Mack does not start, but he's split carries so far with starter James Davis.

Not rookies, but young players I signed in FA are playing roles, as well, such as RE Justin Harrell, ILB Brandon Siler, and CB Corey Graham. All are in the 60's, but they perform fairly well for me in spurts.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Was going over Smith's numbers to see who can replace him, and this is my number one receiver:

OVR 83
SPD 86
AGI 89
ACC 90
CTH 94
RTE 88
CAR 70
RLS 68

So the only thing he does well is catch the ball, but he's still so awesome. :lol Still don't know what to do with that spot, Nicks and his 95 RLS would do well against #1 CBs I guess.

Get well soon Steve Smith, see you in week 10 little buddy. :(

hmm looks like i missed the drama last night... also missing is a response from the commishes :D
(Not taking a side just joking by the way, hence the smiley)

Wellington said:
Was going over Smith's numbers to see who can replace him, and this is my number one receiver:

OVR 83
SPD 86
AGI 89
ACC 90
CTH 94
RTE 88
CAR 70
RLS 68

So the only thing he does well is catch the ball, but he's still so awesome. :lol Still don't know what to do with that spot, Nicks and his 95 RLS would do well against #1 CBs I guess.

Get well soon Steve Smith, see you in week 10 little buddy. :(

and people make fun of colston, granted he's slower than I'd like but thats why you have #2-4 wrs.

Colstons Stats:
OVR 88
SPD 81
AGI 84
ACC 86
CTH 92
RTE 90
CAR 70
RLS 96
CIT 97 (80 for smith)
SPC 91 (85 for smith)

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
I know on your first mention (it was in the 4th, right, the one I ran out of bounds at the 2 yard line). That was Ellis Hobbs, who's got sub 90 speed and ACC, so he's not exactly slow.

That one I can understand a bit, since he was closer to Moss. The other two where just WTF picks. I didn't know why you stopped at that point, I appreciate that you were trying to dial it down but that close to the goal line you shoulda just ran it in, that way I have a better chance of trying to make a comeback (as highly unlikely as that would have been with that extra score).

I didn't even notice when you put Tribow in until I saw the scramble. I assume you just sub-in using the packages on the playcalling screen? Very effective.

daw840

I will say this about the 4th down rules. The only time that it would bother me is if it is constant. If you never punt on a 4th down the entire game thats just not right. The only time that I have ever said WTF on a 4th down attempt was week 1 versus the Chargers. Well within field goal range and went for it on 4th and 1, on the opening drive of the game. I stopped him, so it was a dumb decision on his part when he should have just taken the points, but with the way that game went I would have probably been a wee bit peeved at that if it would have been successful.

LiveWire

TheCrow said:
I was down 2 touchdowns late into the 3rd and thought it would be fine to go for it but I will not continue to argue for my side. I'll take any necessary punishment.

This is why I don't like the 20 seconds runoff. If you're down over 10 you might as well start going for it on 4th in the 3rd quarter because the other person can basically burn off half of the 4th quarter with a few runs and one or two first downs.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i wouldn't run hurry up if the accel clock was off. but if you're down 3 or 4 scores late in the 3rd you really have no option BUT to run hurry up because the quarter will be over in a drive.

Bingo, except I would say down 2 or 3 scores (11+ points).

Top Bottom