• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
What time can you play tomorrow?
Delivery estimate is tomorrow so I can probably play then but it does depend when I get back and done with work. :/ I'll let you know as soon as I do.

LiveWire

gg Lonestar. I knew the game was going to turn on me when Bellows returned the punt for a TD. I couldn't scheme up a passing coverage to stop Welker as a flanker; ridiculous how many passes weren't reacted to by guys in the zone right where the ball was going to... :(

After getting down by 17 in the 3rd I had to abandon the run and had to take too many chances to offset your clock milking.

Oh well, at least it's an out-of-conference game. :/

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:
GG DCX. Those two kick return fumbles killed me.....well, that and Tank. :\
Those were devastating i was calling BS on those, thats the type of shit that happens to me :( Yeah Tank is a BEAST. Although he may benefit from my apparent 40 million decoys in White and Moss...fuck, Ryan has been SHITTY this season. I have to find a way to work off of play action cause you foolz know exactly when i'm passing and these super awr LB are doing work :(

DCX

DCX said:
Those were devastating i was calling BS on those, thats the type of shit that happens to me :( Yeah Tank is a BEAST. Although he may benefit from my apparent 40 million decoys in White and Moss...fuck, Ryan has been SHITTY this season. I have to find a way to work off of play action cause you foolz know exactly when i'm passing and these super awr LB are doing work :(

DCX

First fumble I was like shit ok, it happens. The second one, I was like you've got to be fucking kidding me, back to back, two different players! FUCK YOU EA! :(

I almost came back though....almost. Hey, at least I found my offense in this loss.

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:
First fumble I was like shit ok, it happens. The second one, I was like you've got to be fucking kidding me, back to back, two different players! FUCK YOU EA! :(

I almost came back though....almost. Hey, at least I found my offense in this loss.
It's my D, i make everyone look good haha

DCX

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
TEXANS WIN! TEXANS WIN! TEXANS WIN!

DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!?!?!
2r2cc2d.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sweet mother fucking revenge. GG Smokey.

Finally contained the Turner beast and the new speed back that no one saw coming Bjoern Mason won the game for me.

Smokey lost Merriman after he sacked Schaub, broken ribs out for 3 weeks. Rors and Crow you can thank me now.

wow, absolute bullshit. gg ramirez but i dont ever want to see you complaining about anything in this league ever again. steelers are so fucking ridiculous :lol

so of course the steelers get a couple auto td's. crabtree with inside position on a slant but somehow the cb catches it (how?), then polamalu breathes on crabtree another td.

i work my way back and i have the ball 3rd and 1. run it with the fb, lg doesn't block and stopped for no gain. ok. run it again out of a different formation, my guy has his DT blocked, and i need an inch, but somehow half a second isn't enough for my guy to fall forward, breaks the tackle and i get stopped. fine, i have 3 timeouts.

first play of rams drive he gets to the outside, i hit him out of bounds, HE IS LITERALLY WALKING OUT OF BOUNDS BEFORE HE GOES DOWN, but ball is ruled in play!? i have to take a time out.

long story short i get the ball back with about 50 seconds left and get it down to ramirez 30 on a quick pass there is 2 seconds left and i get out of bounds but the clock keeps running, game over.

and this is to speak nothing of rofflesburgers ridiculous passes while getting clobbered. oh well, i was glad i came back but the amount of bullcrap in that game was just ridiculous.

p.s. jack english 4 mvp!

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Sweet mother fucking revenge. GG Smokey.

Finally contained the Turner beast and the new speed back that no one saw coming Bjoern Mason won the game for me.

Smokey lost Merriman after he sacked Schaub, broken ribs out for 3 weeks. Rors and Crow you can thank me now.
:D I take the division lead on a bye! GO RAIDERS BIIIIITCH!

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
crabtree with inside position on a slant but somehow the cb catches it (how?)

Same thing here, Moss has 5 yards on an LB or nickel and boom, the guy speeds over to pick it. Another time I let Moss get more distance from a defender on the right side, throw the ball as he's about 3 yards left of the right hash mark going left, and of course the balls veers perfectly 5 yards to the left of the left hashmark and into a defender's hands. :lol

Maybe in 2 more years when Morrow breaks 90 my passes will go where I want them to...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My two rookies played big for me. Despite Rivers owning my secondary like crazy I was able to get a user pick with my new CB Howard. Though Dunta continues to prove to me that he's worthless.

I don't really even need LT now :lol This Mason kid is awesome except he seems to easily fumble when someone goes for a strip.

I also had a couple of huge goal line stands and held Smokey to fgs instead of Turner tds.

What happened LJ?

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Why does anyone follow the fucking rules anymore? Ask me why we have them?
??????

Matrix said:
I don't really even need LT now :lol This Mason kid is awesome except he seems to easily fumble when someone goes for a strip.
...isn't that the sole reason you got LT in the first place?!

Somnia

GG Pheeniks...very defensive battle for 95% of the game. That big catch by Austin sealed it for me thankfully.

I have now scored 20 points in every game so far...thankfully my Defense is playing lights out.

LJ11

4th and 4 from your own 35, 3 and change to play in the 3rd qtr down 11 and you obviously go for it.

My retarded ass blew a 28-10 lead, no excuses, on my end. I was fucking irate and played dumb, pissed off I blew a TO when I thought he was punting.

I can't stop you isn't an excuse, because if you can't stop me I should just go for it on every 4th down to beat the fucking snot out of you. Nevermind the fucking 46 D the majority of the game, and my ass got sacked on what? 2 handoffs at the least.

TheCrow

GG LJ. I went for it on a 4th and short at the closing minutes of the 3rd quarter when I was down by 11 points. I felt that if I punted I wouldn't have been able to stop you and your two headed running attack. Charles burned me on the outside and Lynch got tough yards up the middle.

I was able to score with about a minute left in the 4th and converted the 2pt conversion to tie the game at 28. Then an intentional grounding penalty stopped the clock and allowed me to field a punt at midfield. Which set up my game winning field goal.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
GG Live.

2nd game back in the patriot playbook, and I've found another 2 or 3 formations that I like, that I never used back in Season 1.

Wasn't sure how I should have played the 4th quarter. Brady ends up killing my rushing average, with 8 kneels for -16 yards. Was bored, and just wanted to go, but being up 31-14, while containing your offense, I felt it was better to avoid any injuries to my offense.

So Matrix, can you trade me Mason whenever your bye week comes up, just for that week? Since I mentioned him to you before hand :p

Fumble #2 (must have not fumbled my first game...maybe). Welker got this one back for me.

I actually would like to say "piss off" to FMT, Slaton does have fumble problems and wasn't worth 3 2nd rounders that you enforced on him. It's Toss Sweeps and Counter city because of it. The earlier deal we worked out was a more reasonable offer for him, that both of us agreed on. 91 carry my arse.

Smokey

Texans defeat Chargers 38-35

GAF Sports

In what was a classic in Reliant Stadium, the Texans managed to defeat the Chargers with a potent running game and a mistake free game by QB Matt Schaub.

Texans RB B. Mason (who?) had a career day on the ground running for a game high 145 yards and 3 TDs. Mason gashed the Chargers who were devastated on defense by injuries. LB Shawn Merriman left the game with strained ribs and is out indefinitely, and CB Brandon Hughes also left the game on a cart with a Partial tear in a knee ligament. Without Merriman Schuab was had little to no pressure put on him, and Mason was able to run freely on the outside.

Pro Bowl TE Owen Daniels led the Texans with 60 receiving yards and Andre Johnson finished the game with 37 yards.

Chargers QB Philip Rivers' struggles continue as his two turnovers were possibly the difference in the game. Although he finished 20/25 for 383 yards it was not enough today against a determined Texans team. RB Michael Turner finished with 40 yards and WR M.Floyd led the receiving core of the Chargers with 99 yards.

No word on how long Hughes or Merriman will be out, but there presence will be missed. The Chargers can't hang their heads for too long as they host the division leading Buffalo Bills next week. The Texans look to build off this win next week against the Baltimore Ravens.

Lonestar

LiveWire said:
Same thing here, Moss has 5 yards on an LB or nickel and boom, the guy speeds over to pick it. Another time I let Moss get more distance from a defender on the right side, throw the ball as he's about 3 yards left of the right hash mark going left, and of course the balls veers perfectly 5 yards to the left of the left hashmark and into a defender's hands. :lol

Maybe in 2 more years when Morrow breaks 90 my passes will go where I want them to...

I know on your first mention (it was in the 4th, right, the one I ran out of bounds at the 2 yard line). That was Ellis Hobbs, who's got sub 90 speed and ACC, so he's not exactly slow.

TheCrow

I was down 2 touchdowns late into the 3rd and thought it would be fine to go for it but I will not continue to argue for my side. I'll take any necessary punishment.

Smokey said:
Texans defeat Chargers 38-35

GAF Sports

In what was a classic in Reliant Stadium, the Texans managed to defeat the Chargers with a potent running game and a mistake free game by QB Matt Schaub.

Texans RB B. Mason (who?) had a career day on the ground running for a game high 145 yards and 3 TDs. Mason gashed the Chargers who were devastated on defense by injuries. LB Shawn Merriman left the game with strained ribs and is out indefinitely, and CB Brandon Hughes also left the game on a cart with a Partial tear in a knee ligament. Without Merriman Schuab was had little to no pressure put on him, and Mason was able to run freely on the outside.

Pro Bowl TE Owen Daniels led the Texans with 60 receiving yards and Andre Johnson finished the game with 37 yards.

Chargers QB Philip Rivers' struggles continue as his two turnovers were possibly the difference in the game. Although he finished 20/25 for 383 yards it was not enough today against a determined Texans team. RB Michael Turner finished with 40 yards and WR M.Floyd led the receiving core of the Chargers with 99 yards.

No word on how long Hughes or Merriman will be out, but there presence will be missed. The Chargers can't hang their heads for too long as they host the division leading Buffalo Bills next week. The Texans look to build off this win next week against the Baltimore Ravens.

nice writeup. hughes out 7 weeks, merriroid 3!

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wow, absolute bullshit. gg ramirez but i dont ever want to see you complaining about anything in this league ever again. steelers are so fucking ridiculous :lol

so of course the steelers get a couple auto td's. crabtree with inside position on a slant but somehow the cb catches it (how?), then polamalu breathes on crabtree another td.

i work my way back and i have the ball 3rd and 1. run it with the fb, lg doesn't block and stopped for no gain. ok. run it again out of a different formation, my guy has his DT blocked, and i need an inch, but somehow half a second isn't enough for my guy to fall forward, breaks the tackle and i get stopped. fine, i have 3 timeouts.

first play of rams drive he gets to the outside, i hit him out of bounds, HE IS LITERALLY WALKING OUT OF BOUNDS BEFORE HE GOES DOWN, but ball is ruled in play!? i have to take a time out.

long story short i get the ball back with about 50 seconds left and get it down to ramirez 30 on a quick pass there is 2 seconds left and i get out of bounds but the clock keeps running, game over.

and this is to speak nothing of rofflesburgers ridiculous passes while getting clobbered. oh well, i was glad i came back but the amount of bullcrap in that game was just ridiculous.

p.s. jack english 4 mvp!

LOL, me not complain about anything?

Pretty much all of your offense came from running hurry up from the 5 minute mark in the 3rd quarter on, and a few of your crucial plays (one a TD) came from you faking a scramble thus pulling me away and then getting an easy TD. Your offense was hot garbage in the first half, you got picked because Mathis was bumping him and you threw the ball before Crabtree even got off the bump. He wasn't even close to having position on that play, you called it a slant and when I watched the replay it looked like a streak, he never even got into his break. :lol

I fail to see how getting stuck by Polamalu is some how BS, others hitstick in this league with players half of their ratings numbers and get the same results, yet all I hear is how overrated my D is. I can't help that both of my Safeties are headhunters.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
??????

...isn't that the sole reason you got LT in the first place?!

Yea and he fumbled my first game and I lost badly, but he still had a good game. 2nd and 3rd games I added Mason into the mix and my run game explodes, with LT doing better as his back up. Slaton/Moats combo was fumbling 2 to 3 times a game.

Now if I can only get my passing game back. I guess I'm back in that I didn't throw an int.

Nice write up Smokey.

LJ11

11 points isn't two touchdowns dude. And lets not start on the Trips bunch formation I went to on 3rd and medium, knowing you would come out in oddsplit, and you took Meriweather over moved him just a bit to the outside so he can have position on Toliver who was running the corner, which torches that shit, and then went back to another D position.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nice writeup. hughes out 7 weeks, merriroid 3!

So I won't have Merriman against Bills, Raiders, and Broncos.

Great.

Oh Well. I'll make the best of it.

There really can't be any punishment handed down to Crow either btw, since EA decided to basically make the commish powerless.

Ramirez said:

Pretty much all of your offense came from running hurry up from the 5 minute mark in the 3rd quarter on, and a few of your crucial plays (one a TD) came from you faking a scramble thus pulling me away and then getting an easy TD. Your offense was hot garbage in the first half, you got picked because Mathis was bumping him and you threw the ball before Crabtree even got off the bump. He wasn't even close to having position on that play, you called it a slant and when I watched the replay it looked like a streak, he never even got into his break. :lol

I fail to see how getting stuck by Polamalu is some how BS, others hitstick in this league with players half of their ratings numbers and get the same results, yet all I hear is how overrated my D is. I can't help that both of my Safeties are headhunters.

my running game was fine until i got the defecit. oh and on that 4th down from your 40, crabtree is 5 yards away from the defender when i release the ball it fucking leads him into the defender. typical.

also i did have success having plays out of the 4 wide because it seemed like there were times that you left 4 LB's on the field, but i dont know how that hurt you for sure. on one play i had crabtree open on intermeidate and harrisson comes from out of fucking nowhere to knock the ball down. i wouldn't run hurry up if the accel clock was off. but if you're down 3 or 4 scores late in the 3rd you really have no option BUT to run hurry up because the quarter will be over in a drive.

plus i spread the ball around. i wish i was a better manual defender. i knew you were going to that dude in the slot and had position but i just suck defending it :( that cost me a couple minutes off the clock in the end.

i didn't say your D was overrated, i said it was ridiculous. the last 3 times ive played you i have something like 10 fumbles combined. that is a bit ridiculous considering holding down cover ball does nothing. what am i supposed to do then when if polamalu gets a hit on me its almost a guaranteed fumble?

but i suppose i learned my lesson on full back plays. next time i'm going to pass which is what i was thinking i should do in my head but i wanted a new set of downs first AND i was actually trying to run the clock down as far as i could so you didn't have a chance to win in regulation!

Matrix

"So Matrix, can you trade me Mason whenever your bye week comes up, just for that week? Since I mentioned him to you before hand :p

Fumble #2 (must have not fumbled my first game...maybe). Welker got this one back for me.

I actually would like to say "piss off" to FMT, Slaton does have fumble problems and wasn't worth 3 2nd rounders that you enforced on him. It's Toss Sweeps and Counter city because of it. The earlier deal we worked out was a more reasonable offer for him, that both of us agreed on. 91 carry my arse."

:lol

I warned you and I warned the f-ing commishes. Pre- patch he was amazing and after holy shit he wasnt worth using most of the time. It was costing me games at the end of the season.

TheCrow

LJ11 said:
11 points isn't two touchdowns dude. And lets not start on the Trips bunch formation I went to on 3rd and medium, knowing you would come out in oddsplit, and you took Meriweather over moved him just a bit to the outside so he can have position on Toliver who was running the corner, which torches that shit, and then went back to another D position.

I don't know what say. I honestly don't remember moving meriweather. Do you know what quarter it was?

Edit: I think I have the play. I'll upload it. I just was on the wrong guy and wanted to switch off. He would have started going to that direction anyway because of his zone.

bluemax

Banned
Lonestar said:
GG Live.

2nd game back in the patriot playbook, and I've found another 2 or 3 formations that I like, that I never used back in Season 1.

Wasn't sure how I should have played the 4th quarter. Brady ends up killing my rushing average, with 8 kneels for -16 yards. Was bored, and just wanted to go, but being up 31-14, while containing your offense, I felt it was better to avoid any injuries to my offense.

So Matrix, can you trade me Mason whenever your bye week comes up, just for that week? Since I mentioned him to you before hand :p

I actually would like to say "piss off" to FMT, Slaton does have fumble problems and wasn't worth 3 2nd rounders that you enforced on him. It's Toss Sweeps and Counter city because of it. The earlier deal we worked out was a more reasonable offer for him, that both of us agreed on. 91 carry my arse.

I like the passing plays in the Pats book a lot. Not a lot of choices for running plays but with LeRon I don't need many.

LJ11

TheCrow said:
I was down 2 touchdowns late into the 3rd and thought it would be fine to go for it but I will not continue to argue for my side. I'll take any necessary punishment.

Dude, I punished you enough that game. That was a straight beat down until I went nuts after that 4th down. I don't really care, well obviously I care enough if I'm posting about it, no hard feelings. I'll get revenge another day.

TheCrow said:
I don't know what say. I honestly don't remember moving meriweather. Do you know what quarter it was?

Edit: I think I have the play. I'll upload it. I just was on the wrong guy and wanted to switch off. He would have started going to that direction anyway because of his zone.

Yeah it was 4th, whatever it could have been by accident, a convenient one at that.

Lonestar

Yeah, Blue. I would love if that playbook had 1 set of the Split I Forms (Strong and Weak side), and perhaps a bit of Wildcat in there. I'd love the Miami one, that has passing in it, but something like Cincy's would do. But since I have 3 strong WR's, a great TE, and speed backs, the Pat's playbook does well.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:

Am I tripping?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
holy shit i had 3 pancakes that game! a world record for madden '10!
Winnington and Gallery laugh at you. Not that it matters... since Gallery went down and Winnington stayed the same. -_-

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
my running game was fine until i got the defecit. oh and on that 4th down from your 40, crabtree is 5 yards away from the defender when i release the ball it fucking leads him into the defender. typical.

also i did have success having plays out of the 4 wide because it seemed like there were times that you left 4 LB's on the field, but i dont know how that hurt you for sure. on one play i had crabtree open on intermeidate and harrisson comes from out of fucking nowhere to knock the ball down. i wouldn't run hurry up if the accel clock was off. but if you're down 3 or 4 scores late in the 3rd you really have no option BUT to run hurry up because the quarter will be over in a drive.

plus i spread the ball around. i wish i was a better manual defender. i knew you were going to that dude in the slot and had position but i just suck defending it :( that cost me a couple minutes off the clock in the end.

i didn't say your D was overrated, i said it was ridiculous. the last 3 times ive played you i have something like 10 fumbles combined. that is a bit ridiculous considering holding down cover ball does nothing. what am i supposed to do then when if polamalu gets a hit on me its almost a guaranteed fumble?

but i suppose i learned my lesson on full back plays. next time i'm going to pass which is what i was thinking i should do in my head but i wanted a new set of downs first AND i was actually trying to run the clock down as far as i could so you didn't have a chance to win in regulation!

I got stuck with 4 LBs on the field because of the hurry up offense. :lol

Oh and both of those FB stops were manual def. plays.

tumblr_kqq193mlVH1qzexono1_400.png

What are you talking about Rors?

Lonestar

Just glad to be back on even footing with LJ. We both got Shanked by the AFC West. If only I had stopped one of those McFadden runs. That's all of your offense, Ror!

Or just not throw some INT's :lol

Ramirez said:
I got stuck with 4 LBs on the field because of the hurry up offense. :lol

Oh and both of those FB stops were manual def. plays.

tumblr_kqq193mlVH1qzexono1_400.png

but you came out with 4 LB's to begin with, which means you saw 4 WR and then decided to come out with 4 LB's. i never c hanged my formation on the hurry up's!

also the first one was a manual play where no one touched you, the 2nd one you were being blocked and then not :( you are a great manual defender though, but i did get you a couple times sending vernon across to vacate the middle for the dig route :D

i think i'm just most mad about that out of bounds play. how the fuck..... that would've saved me 40 seconds! 40 seconds to get a TD from your 30 yard line isn't unreasonable :(

gg though, i hope to have my revenge against you before seasons end ;)

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
but you came out with 4 LB's to begin with, which means you saw 4 WR and then decided to come out with 4 LB's. i never c hanged my formation on the hurry up's!

also the first one was a manual play where no one touched you, the 2nd one you were being blocked and then not :( you are a great manual defender though, but i did get you a couple times sending vernon across to vacate the middle for the dig route :D

i think i'm just most mad about that out of bounds play. how the fuck..... that would've saved me 40 seconds! 40 seconds to get a TD from your 30 yard line isn't unreasonable :(

gg though, i hope to have my revenge against you before seasons end ;)

I usually pick my defense before I even see what the offense picks, chances are it wasn't 4 LBs, but 3, I was running the 3-3-5 a lot, which was doing decently, but I guess after so many plays the LBs get gassed and holes start opening up.

Matrix

For once I'm not part of the drama, fucking awesome.

Top Bottom