• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

bluemax

Banned
Fifty said:
Bluemax and I are probably going to play at 3pm eastern on Saturday. The soonest he could play was Friday at 3 am eastern, so this is the soonest I can on Saturday.
My flight gets in around 10:15 Friday night. I could probably go around 11 which is 2am EST. I'll check in when I get home otherwise Saturday is clear sailing.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
gg man the turnovers really dictated it
That first pick had me pissed off because Rolle covered like twenty yards while the ball was in the air to make the pick. The only things I can complain about is the stupid Jacobs fumble and the pick where Manningham had position in front of DRC but it was still an int. Then again that last DRC pick, wtf should have hit him in the back of the head if anything.

Didn't matter anyway, I couldn't stop you on D. Times like that is when I wish I would just play LB and guard the zone myself. I purposely kept flipping my formation so that the LB would drop into zone right underneath where your guy would make his cut on an in or a post. Let's face it, that's everyone's go to play on third and long, so just defend it. I moved the ball and I converted the few thirds that I had but I couldn't stop you at all.

BTW what did you think after this play? I couldn't stop laughing. :lol :lol :lol

I have no choice now but to beat up FMT so that you get into the playoffs and I can beat you there.

Fifty

bluemax said:
My flight gets in around 10:15 Friday night. I could probably go around 11 which is 2am EST. I'll check in when I get home otherwise Saturday is clear sailing.

That'll be too late. I have to get up early on Sat. Saturday at 3 is go-time!

Wellington said:
WR Hightower.

Dude, you play him twice a year, he's been on the team for two years now.

:lol

for some reason i thought he had his RB hightower in the slot. now i realize i was wrong! although i swore i saw #34 in the slot :/

and it looks like i'm going to have to take care of astro myself! see you in weeks 14 and 17 buddy! or whenever we play

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
BTW what did you think after this play? I couldn't stop laughing. :lol :lol :lol

I have no choice now but to beat up FMT so that you get into the playoffs and I can beat you there.
That was great. I think I went for one strip and he broke free and then I was like meh fuck it and kept going for strips even though I was in no position to get them. Almost wish it woulda kept going.

I look forward to a beating in the playoffs!

CB3 said:
Pheeknicks: "So Tell me how it feels"
Pheeknicks: "How does it feel"
TheColdOne: "ahahahahahahahahahahahaha"
Pheeknicks: "You've got to be fucking kidding me"

I proceed to drive down the field in OT and he rage quits before i put the TD in
6tdbmhi.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
That was great. I think I went for one strip and he broke free and then I was like meh fuck it and kept going for strips even though I was in no position to get them. Almost wish it woulda kept going.

I look forward to a beating in the playoffs!
I will have an answer for flashing drags. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fmt, when are we playing our scrimmage game?

We set a date <3

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Mrbob

DCX, Livewire, Landry with two ints in my last game against the Vikings....one for a pick 6! He is a massive beast in the secondary. When he isn't TAINTING he is smacking wr around making them drop the pass.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15796407

I really could use an elite WR though....look at all the trouble I have to go through to get a WR open for my only td pass. :lol

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15796475

I have to give it up to my rookie FB. He can't catch the ball, but he can block like a champion.

PS- Lonestar A Thomas has been worth that 1st round pick and then some for me. He got another INT for me in this game. I know that still burns you I gave up a first for him. I thought I overpaid at the time, but what I have been given in return has been amazing.

Striker

Wow, I just threw that one away. Up 17-3 late in the 3rd, I throw a stupid pick six to a DE who was in zone. Figured Brady's pass goes over him, but he leaps into the air. Ensuing drive, holding on KR. First down at the 12 yard line, and I run of 14-15 yards, and what's that? Holding again. It's tied now at 17 a piece. Bengals get ball, and scores with the short field off a deep pass INT. With 4 and change left, I'm driving with the ground game, and in the 50 yard line, my FB coughs up a 2nd and 1 run. -_______________-

I deserve to lose for that. God damnit.

GG though, Nightz.

Nightz

GG Striker. I feel extremely fortunate to win that one. I was ready to throw my controller so many times during that game. You were running the ball at will and whenever I would switch players, it would always switch to the wrong guy, leading to a missed tackle and an extra 5 yards.

If there is some sort of "momentum" in the game, I definitely felt it in that 4th quarter. Everything just went right for me and my defense finally showed up. 17 unanswered points in the 4th, that's never gonna happen for me again. :lol

lol dskillz i didn't quit on you! it said "connection to opponent has been lost" but i was still on xbl :(

also in my game against matrix i had 3 first quarter defensive td's :lol

road them to a close 35-21 victory! (close because i got like 3 or 4 stops in the redzone on matrix)

and who the fuck is this TE dressen? never even heard of that dude and he puts up triple digit yardage on me!

Matrix

bwahahaa :lol Fucking fumbles destroy me every damn time I play FMT. Stupid throws to start off the game and then I finally find my groove in the 2nd half and fumbles do me in.

Also I think the Texans are the only team who can't get pick 6's cause they have no speed in the secondary. They always tire out and get tackled by the QB :(

edit- fumbles in the red zone, nothing I can do about that bs.

Dressen is a really good player who played well for the Texans after Daniels got hurt. You made him look like pro bowl player though.

Matrix said:
bwahahaa :lol Fucking fumbles destroy me every damn time I play FMT. Stupid throws to start off the game and then I finally find my groove in the 2nd half and fumbles do me in.

Also I think the Texans are the only team who can't get pick 6's cause they have no speed in the secondary. They always tire out and get tackled by the QB :(

edit- fumbles in the red zone, nothing I can do about that bs.

Dressen is a really good player who played well for the Texans after Daniels got hurt. You made him look like pro bowl player though.

my D-line is piss poor with default rosters. well, i wont say piss poor, its actually extremely good.... against the run. against the PASS it is awful. I have absolutely no speed on the line at all. not so in franchise where i have very good pass rushers (although i have no sacks ive gotten to the qb enough!)

i was playing soft zones most of the game, and when you do that and have no pressure EVER from the front 4 then bad things will happen. i kept andre johnson "in check" for the most part and stopped a lot of big plays to him.

not sure why i passed at all in that game. i wasn't having any trouble running and anytime i dropped back that bitch mario williams was in my face almost immediately!

Matrix

I'm using Mario differently now and he will be in every QB's face from now on. ... at least against the average to shit teams.

I have always played way too conservative with my D to cover up for the shitty secondary and it's never really made a difference. The last 3 or 4 games Ive played I have gotten at least 2 sacks a gm with Mario, plus tons of pressure. I lost this last game cause of my O being sloppy with TO's.

2917991396_13b628f4bf.jpg

Matrix said:
I'm using Mario differently now and he will be in every QB's face from now on. ... at least against the average to shit teams.

I have always played way too conservative with my D to cover up for the shitty secondary and it's never really made a difference. The last 3 or 4 games Ive played I have gotten at least 2 sacks with Mario plus tons of pressure. I lost this game cause of my O being sloppy with TO's.

2917991396_13b628f4bf.jpg

yep, hard to lose with a 21-0 cushion.... although i suppose i very easily could have :/ got to stop forcing throws.... but english would have completed those! fuck U alex

Matrix

:lol

If you had stuck to throwing I easily would have come back, hell it's the reason I got back into the game. Mario Williams picked off Alex on what I thought was one of the ugliest off target noodle arm passes I have seen all year.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Hmm, picked up Darksiders...game is pretty good. Except it just red ringed my 360. I had the game installed too.

Should have gotten it for the PS3 like me.

Mrbob

Yeah I thought about it...but I figure the 360 version would be better. I've done some reading after the 360 explosion and it sounds like the PS3 version is actually slighlty better. Could have saved my 360. :lol

Although, to be fair, I have a launch system that was repaired once a couple years ago. This thing was bound to go sometime, seeing as its over 4 years old now and a ticking time bomb which just exploded.

It is $99.99 to fix this pos, I'll probably just go buy an arcade now and get myself a new 3 year warranty.

Matrix

I can't believe your repaired launch unit lasted this long.

Just go the arcade route and 3 year warranty, that's what I did after numerous red rings.

Mrbob

Anyone have success bringing a 360 back to life after 3 red lights?

I'll go get an arcade tonight or tomorrow, but I would like to try and get some value out of my current 360 instead of throwing it away. If I can find a trick to keep it alive for just a couple weeks, I can trade this pos into eb for some credit for other games.

LiveWire

Mrbob said:
Anyone have success bringing a 360 back to life after 3 red lights?

I'll go get an arcade tonight or tomorrow, but I would like to try and get some value out of my current 360 instead of throwing it away. If I can find a trick to keep it alive for just a couple weeks, I can trade this pos into eb for some credit for other games.

I never bothered trying, as soon as my launch unit went, I sent it in, got it back and sold it to help cover the cost of an Elite. Definitely though, if you can get it working just long enough to fool the EB goofs you're golden. You won't be harming the customer cause they get a warranty anyway.

Birdman02

GG last night Luke. I think it might have gone a little differently if it wasn't for the early DeAngelo Williams fumble. I let that throw me off my gameplan a little bit. That said, I still had my chances to win, but I threw 2 costly INTs.

Maybe it's time to tank the season. I have to somehow make up 4 games in the next 13 weeks....basically I have to go undefeated.

Mrbob

I wonder if I can use my sexy Wisc accent and sweet talk some xbox rep into fixing my system for free. Then I can trade it in as soon as I get it back!

Fifty said:
I will laugh (or cry) if my game against Bluemax tomorrow isn't the last game of the week.

I'm rather disappointed we didn't spend the latter part of the week demanding that your game be simmed because it would be the one that held us up

shameful guys

Rorschach

Fifty said:
I will laugh (or cry) if my game against Bluemax tomorrow isn't the last game of the week.
Only yours and Chiefs/Jets left. Chiefs/Jets looks to go down tonight. We're all waiting on you, homeboy! Why do you always have to hold us up, fifty?

Top Bottom