• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

Rorschach said:
So you're going to bed? What's tomorrow look like then?

Should be able to play tomorrow..don't know yet though. I start classes again on Tuesday so I'll be doing school stuff tomorrow and I have to start takin my ass to bed now so I can get up in the morning like normal people :/

Striker it looks like I missed you .... just let me know here or by PM or AIM (the pheeniks) when you can go. I'm an early ass riser so if you are awake early I probably will be too

PBY

Banned
gg AT... Rodger's numbers were ridiculous, great game by him (and you too obviously :D )

But were you taking it easy on me?

I dont want people to feel bad/not try to score all the time just because i suck/am winless-- Not that I think thats a huge problem for me, considering some of my loss margins:lol

EDIT: Looking to trade up in the TE position I have Brad Cottam 87 TE- Looking to Get someone mid 90s- I'd trade Cottam and something else, depending on what you would need

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
Racists. All of you!

Rors isn't racist, he's self hating.

sableholic said:
In response to rors/FMT

I have nothing against the rules that we have, I think they are flexible enough to allow for circumstances like the jets games 4th down and provide enough rules to stop people from going for it every down.

Just not a fan when people say they are completely ignoring the rules, when I don't think the two rules in place are that hard to follow.

If we ammended the 2nd rule to say or up by one score (so 1-7 pts) I think most people would never even run into a situation outside of that. What would people think about that? Would people follow that moreso than the current one?

So basically:
1) No going for it in your own territory unless its the 4th quarter and you are losing.
2) In no mans land (I'd say thats what 30-45 yard line?) you can only go for it IF (you are tied OR you are losing OR you are winning by one score) AND its within 7 yards.

Everything else is a judgment call. What I mean is anything not stated as against the rules = fine. This allows for situations like strikers, like 4th and inches attempts near goalline up by 3, etc. Since only two places on the field are mentioned: 1) your side of the field and 2) no man's land

Edit:

On a related note did a quick google search for nfl no man's land and found this:

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2008/12/no-mans-land.html

3059828459_5b6c10586b.jpg

I could've used this against Wellie. I took a delay of game intentionally on a fourth down because I came out to go for it originally and then realized that it might be bad form since I was up a TD at that point.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
they photoshopped that water blue. everyone knows the water in southern california is green/brown

bluemax

Banned
Nightz said:
bluemax I'm heading to bed. Gotta wake up early to go to work. What's your availability like for tomorrow?

After 7:30 PST is about the earliest I can usually go. Although tomorrow I kind of need to go grocery shopping, been gone 2 weeks and don't have much food. But let me know.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i think i just found my motivation i felt i was lacking ever since i lost the superbowl.

I wasnt even this mad when i lost the damn superbowl. This is my fair warning to all of you.

Rorschach

(NYG) K.Phillips, returned interception 103 Yds(M.Klem kick), 0:00

BUBUB RUN IT OUT OF BOUNDS! PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES AT THE READY, POINTS BRIGADE!

daw840

DCX said:
WHat time are we looking at friend?

DCX

Oh...I don't know. I get home at about 4:30pm CST, so preferably shortly after that if you are around. I would like to play before my wife gets home from work at 7:30pm CST.

Nightz

bluemax said:
After 7:30 PST is about the earliest I can usually go. Although tomorrow I kind of need to go grocery shopping, been gone 2 weeks and don't have much food. But let me know.
Chuck is on at 8 tonight, so wanna shoot for 9 pm?

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Oh...I don't know. I get home at about 4:30pm CST, so preferably shortly after that if you are around. I would like to play before my wife gets home from work at 7:30pm CST.
So I assume that's 3:30 EST? Ill be home around four or so. We can go then.

DCX

DCX

DCX
...right...I'm tired idk what the hell I'm thinking..I may be able to play at that time..wifey gets home round that time.

DCX

daw840

DCX said:
...right...I'm tired idk what the hell I'm thinking..I may be able to play at that time..wifey gets home round that time.

DCX

I'll post when I get home, I really don't like to play games when the wife works 13 hours. She just wants to sit down and watch some TV.

daw840 said:
I'll post when I get home, I really don't like to play games when the wife works 13 hours. She just wants to sit down and watch some TV.

Yea, same here. It's hard to tell her that you're sorry that she had a rough day but I've got to get this game of Madden in. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hey story you around at all before 10 EST? I should be here most of the day actually (but less so tonight b/c of tentative dinner meetings).

daw840

storybook77 said:
Yea, same here. It's hard to tell her that you're sorry that she had a rough day but I've got to get this game of Madden in. :lol

LOL, not saying I haven't done it though.........

AstroLad said:
Hey story you around at all before 10 EST? I should be here most of the day actually (but less so tonight b/c of tentative dinner meetings).

Depends on how early you'd be willing to go and whether I'll be allowed to play at that time. I know I'm playing my NCAA game as soon as I get home around 5:30 EST but after that, I'm not sure what my availability will be. Chances are that I will be up til at least 12 to 1 EST tonight though.

daw840 said:
LOL, not saying I haven't done it though.........

Same here, but I try to make that as rare as possible.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
okay just post when you free up I guess. I can definitely play any time up until about 8 or 9, after that it becomes dicier.

TheCrow

GG dskillz. My offense played great and I was able to stick to my gameplan. I am glad that I was able to get this weeks game in today. Next weeks its back to playing in the dorms. :(

Edit: I hate how I just couldn't get any sacks. Refs should have called intentional grounding on at least some of those last second throws.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
TheCrow said:
GG dskillz. My offense played great and I was able to stick to my gameplan. I am glad that I was able to get this weeks game in today. Next weeks its back to playing in the dorms. :(

Edit: I hate how I just couldn't get any sacks. Refs should have called intentional grounding on at least some of those last second throws.

You won 34-0 and you are asking for intentional grounding calls. okay. Then again since you were going 4-wide and throwing the ball when you were up by 24 in the 3rd, I shouldn't expect any less.

TheCrow

dskillzhtown said:
You won 34-0 and you are asking for intentional grounding calls. okay. Then again since you were going 4-wide and throwing the ball when you were up by 24 in the 3rd, I shouldn't expect any less.

It was more of a complaint against madden not calling any intentional grounding. I think I went 4 wide on a third and long and I didn't think it was that bad. Since you think it was uncalled for, I apologize.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
TheCrow said:
It was more of a complaint against madden not calling any intentional grounding. I think I went 4 wide on a third and long and I didn't think it was that bad. Since you think it was uncalled for, I apologize.

GG though. Not sure where the holes in your team is.

BTW, I punted instead of going for the FG because my kicker can not kick a FG beyond the 20 yard-line. In the future, I probably will go for it because that is as good as a punt.

TheCrow

dskillzhtown said:
GG though. Not sure where the holes in your team is.

BTW, I punted instead of going for the FG because my kicker can not kick a FG beyond the 20 yard-line. In the future, I probably will go for it because that is as good as a punt.

Yeah, I assumed you had a weak kicker but it caught me off guard. My kicker has the opposite problem. I do think you are a CB away from being a really good team.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Birdman, I''m only free to play from 11 pm est tonight.

Tomorrow night I should be able to play whenever, so if that's better, name your times.

PBY

Banned
sooooooooooo.... does anyone wanna trade down in the TE position? My dudes an 87, i'd give him up, and throw in a draft pick or a player, depending on what you'd need

Rorschach

peterb0y said:
sooooooooooo.... does anyone wanna trade down in the TE position? My dudes an 87, i'd give him up, and throw in a draft pick or a player, depending on what you'd need
No he's not. 87 is his number. 77 is his rating.

Top Bottom