• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
7f2c7316b607e2791075e27249a275b9-getty-95658302rr065_nfl_divisiona.jpg

Rorschach

peterb0y said:
oh god, make it stoppppppp... my most hated player in the nfl- i can't believe the jets fucking won

this is my worst nightmare....
Mexicans are taking all our jobs! There were 2 of them playing QB today. What if one makes it to the SB? Fuck!

Ramirez

I haven't thrown a controller since I was probably 5 years old, but Striker just made me do it.

4 minutes left in the game, he's up by 4, goes for it on 4th and 1 at my 10 or so, I had called my last TO to preserve clock assuming that we were playing in a sim league and he would just take the FG for a TD lead, but no, FB or HB right up the middle with my FG team out there.

I will never play Striker again, sim our next meeting.

And before you all start bellyaching, I couldn't care less if anyone thinks it's a legit move, to me personally it wasn't, so I don't care about the loss, I'll just save myself the trouble of raising my blood pressure by not participating in the next matchup.

Ramirez said:
I haven't thrown a controller since I was probably 5 years old, but Striker just made me do it.

4 minutes left in the game, he's up by 4, goes for it on 4th and 1 at his own 10 or so, I had called my last TO to preserve clock assuming that we were playing in a sim league and he would just take the FG for a TD lead, but no, FB or HB right up the middle with my FG team out there.

I will never play Striker again, sim our next meeting.

Sorry dude I know you're pissed but he has every right to go for the dagger and you should have waited to see what he would put out on the field

Ramirez said:
See the edit.

i don't wanna aggravate you anymore but how is it not legit? of course you wanted him to take the FG for a TD lead, that plays in your favor. he took a gamble and said if I convert this 4th and ONE, then the game is definitely over, if not, then your potential TD drive would have won it. his gamble worked and that's how it goes

Ramirez

My ten, w/e, can't think while raging.

It's cool Pheeniks, I know the majority, if not all will have no problem with it, I thought it was a dick move, opinions, etc.

Ramirez said:
My ten, w/e, can't think while raging.

It's cool Pheeniks, I know the majority, if not all will have no problem with it, I thought it was a dick move, opinions, etc.

I know...i've been on the wrong end of it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DenogginizerOS said:
That was a GREAT game. Which reminds me, we should play FIFA, too. ;)
Yeah, man I've barely touched 10. I guess mostly because the leagues didn't really take off, but I played a few hours of it yesterday with a friend and had some pretty good fun with it.

PBY

Banned
can someone explain to me what the overall league rules are for fourth downs? i usually always punt b/c im not sure if its kosher or not= (ie i only go for it in obvious 4th down situations)

Rorschach

What are the odds of the last two games getting done by tomorrow? I have a free day tomorrow. Let's play our game, Smokey!!

peterb0y said:
can someone explain to me what the overall league rules are for fourth downs? i usually always punt b/c im not sure if its kosher or not= (ie only go for it in obvious 4th down situations)
It's in the OP:
8. 4th down rules:

* no going for it on forth down in your own territory unless it is the 4th quarter and you are losing.
* in instances where you are in "no mans land", it is ok to go for it on 4th down in any circumstance as long as you are tied or losing. lets say it is the 2nd quarter, you are down by 3, and you have a 4th and 7 at your opponents 36. is that ok? yes. but lets keep it at 7 or less for the yardage. i think that is within reason.

That said, Lonestar broke the rules a few times during our game, but I didn't feel like it was a huge deal because of the circumstances. I can see scenarios where I'd be pissed at it, though.

Rorschach said:
What are the odds of the last two games getting done by tomorrow? I have a free day tomorrow. Let's play our game, Smokey!!

It's in the OP:

Well Smokey and BigAT are around to play their games, I am betting LJ will be around at some point tonight, and no one has heard from Bob which we all expected.

daw840

Ramirez, didn't nearly that exact situation just occur in the Jets/Chargers game? You complain about not being sim, but didn't the Jets do exactly that in the game today? Except they were up by 3. I understand completely the frustration, but this is not something to complain about really.

Ramirez

daw840 said:
Ramirez, didn't nearly that exact situation just occur in the Jets/Chargers game? You complain about not being sim, but didn't the Jets do exactly that in the game today? Except they were up by 3. I understand completely the frustration, but this is not something to complain about really.

I was at work, didn't watch the game, don't care either way. We're talking VG football, not real life.

If I'm reading the rules correctly there, isn't it against the rules? It wasn't tied nor was he losing.

Not that I expect any action, we have people going for it on 4th down while ahead and getting away with it, FMT has grown soft in his old age.

CB3

didnt you say we were playing sim a couple posts ago? in an effort to mimic real life football?

daw840

Ramirez said:
I was at work, didn't watch the game, don't care either way. We're talking VG football, not real life.

If I'm reading the rules correctly there isn't it against the rules? It wasn't tied nor was he losing.

So...

Ramirez said:
4 minutes left in the game, he's up by 4, goes for it on 4th and 1 at his own 10 or so, I had called my last TO to preserve clock assuming that we were playing in a sim league and he would just take the FG for a TD lead, but no, FB or HB right up the middle with my FG team out there.

You assume we are playing in a sim league, but when someone does EXACTLY the same thing as a real NFL team does, you say "bububu this is VG football."

I know your upset, but you are acting like the kid on the playground that takes his ball and goes home because he lost.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I thought it was said some time back that the 4th down rules are flexible and as long as it's reasonable to do it in a real game it's OK. Now obviously that's pretty loose but I thought some months ago that "breaking" those guidelines was not cheating or whatever. That said I don't go for it very much, if anything I probably kick too many FGs but hey.
If the other games get done can't BigAT just play the CPU?

Ramirez

:lol

Here comes the pile on. So why do we have the 4th down rules in the OP if we're not going to follow them?

Take it how you want it Daw, you can give me an auto loss against him next time for all I care.

CB3

Ramirez said:

Here comes the pile on. So why do we have the 4th down rules in the OP if we're not going to follow them?

Take it how you want it Daw, you can give me an auto loss against him next time for all I care.

I agree. There shouldnt be 4th down rules at all

daw840

Ramirez said:

Honestly not trying to pile on, your frustrated and I understand that. I have been mad about shit in this league before as well. Just chill out a little bit, and sleep on it you should be fine.

Ramirez said:

If I'm reading the rules correctly there, isn't it against the rules? It wasn't tied nor was he losing.

Not that I expect any action, we have people going for it on 4th down while ahead and getting away with it, FMT has grown soft in his old age.

Not trying to pile on or be a stickler/dick, but its kinda open ended really the way its worded atm. The way I'm reading it is we have two rules:

1) No going for it in your own territory unless its the 4th quarter and you are losing.
2) In no mans land (I'd say thats what 30-45 yard line) you can only go for it IF (you are tied OR you are losing) AND its within 7 yards.

Technically your 10 yard line isn't no man's land so I'd say it's technically within the rules as they are written atm.

That said people have ignored those two as well so at some point we either should enforce them or remove them.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
We are all just pretending to be mad at Bob so he can do his patented "haha just played my game and it wasn't even the last one!" move.

Top Bottom