• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

bluemax

Banned
Jason Campbell and or Senecca Wallace are available! JCamp completed over 60% of his passes last season!

Wallace led a monster comeback for me in one game and he's great for the Wildcat!

I'm surprised all you QB lacking teams passed on Hasslebeck as a FA. Yeah he's toast in real life but he's still acurrate in Madden! As long as you don't go deep that is!

LukeSmith

Gcq, i am heading back from the mountains. Do you wanna play tonight? I'll be home around 7 pacific, if not before. FMT can get a hold of me in case I can't check the thread from the road.

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
Neither of them have a superbowl ring. :p Jake Scott showing that a third rounder can get the job done.
What's weird is that I wanted to draft him in the FIRST round, but it showed that he was taken so I took a DT. Never looked again since he was the last QB I wanted.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
peterb0y said:
yeah.... i didn't think WR's were that important to be honest (maybe i wasn't using bowe correctly tho) until i played pheenix- moss literally caught EVERYTHING thrown his way

People have done better with worse in this league. I had a notch below what you have (Steve Smith was my best receiver at 80, Nicks at 75) when season 1 started, and Rors right now isn't even that much better.

Your #1 and #2 CTH ratings are at 88 and 90. As far as your TE, he only has 77 CTH so you should expect a lot of drops. Why not use your #2 TE a bit? He has 88 speed compared to Cottam's 79. His blocking isn't horrible, but his CIT is really bad.

Also, try scanning the waiver wire for a decent FA.

Smokey

Rivers overthrows his intended target on the final drive by 10+ yards resulting in a INT.

Amazing.

Pretty sure this season is karma for last season getting into the playoffs. Pretty shitty, but w/e.

gg rors..

Rorschach

GG. I thought after that stupid INT I threw (my bad) it was over.

Cromartie is such bs...I can't wait 'till madden 11 when he's downgraded to reflect his real life self.

Oh and I'm an idiot. All day I was running away from Merriman...turns out he's injured. So I was running at Phillips who is money and that new guy Williams who is all over the field... :lol

bluemax

Banned
Nights can you go 7? Seems like early might be better for me tonight. If not then I can make 9 work.

Although 10 might be better.

Fifty

Ramirez said:
Fifty fall off the face of the Earth or something?

Send me a private message and we'll set something up. That's what I do with every single one of my opponents. I've been busy the last two days. I'm home now. but you're not on AIM.

Smokey

Rorschach said:
GG. I thought after that stupid INT I threw (my bad) it was over.

Cromartie is such bs...I can't wait 'till madden 11 when he's downgraded to reflect his real life self.

Oh and I'm an idiot. All day I was running away from Merriman...turns out he's injured. So I was running at Phillips who is money and that new guy Williams who is all over the field... :lol

At least I get Merriman back next week. But I still have my other corner out for another 5 weeks. Not to fucking mention Turner got hurt in our game and I had to take him out for the rest of it to avoid his ass getting hurt again.

So yeah...I'm pretty sure I am cursed this season.

On the bright side, at least I'll get a decent first round pick(I've never had a 1st round pick period in the Franchise), and I'll probably start playing young players after the game with Crow to at least work on progression since the season is shot anyways.

Nightz

bluemax said:
Nights can you go 7? Seems like early might be better for me tonight. If not then I can make 9 work.

Although 10 might be better.
Sorry I was napping. We can go now if you like.

Edit: If you can't go, how about 9:30-9:45?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
At least I get Merriman back next week. But I still have my other corner out for another 5 weeks. Not to fucking mention Turner got hurt in our game and I had to take him out for the rest of it to avoid his ass getting hurt again.

So yeah...I'm pretty sure I am cursed this season.

On the bright side, at least I'll get a decent first round pick(I've never had a 1st round pick period in the Franchise), and I'll probably start playing young players after the game with Crow to at least work on progression since the season is shot anyways.
Why work young guys in when you have pro-bowlers at every position?

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dang there is a stretch where i play the bucs, giants, cards, ravens, and packers this season :/
I still have:

Chargers
Colts (super elite)
Broncos
Bills (unbeatable)
Packers
Broncos again
Ravens

DCX

DCX
Just want to say. In 5 games, Tank has surpassed LT entire total last season for me. 800+ to 700+ He is also on pace to destroying my personal high that i had rushing ever with Turner season 1 of 1500+

That should end the negativity from the Turner trade right? :(

DCX

DCX said:
Just want to say. In 5 games, Tank has surpassed LT entire total last season for me. 800+ to 700+ He is also on pace to destroying my personal high that i had rushing ever with Turner season 1 of 1500+

DCX

no, because you still made the LT trade

Nightz

GG bluemax. Not much defense in that one, but I felt like I got a couple more breaks than you with the fumble on the kickoff return and Donald Brown pulling a Leron and breaking those tackles for a 73 yard TD.

You have a tough offense to stop, especially when you spread it out and still have Leron in the backfield. It's scary, honestly. Fun game though!

bluemax

Banned
Fuck Donald Brown, he is not that fucking unstoppable.

How do I lose when I scored 5 TDs on 5 trips to the red zone? Oh right I missed a 54 yard FG and I had a KRUMBLE TD. And I got 0 points off 2 TDs.

I swear I am the unluckiest Madden Player in this league. I'm like one play away from being 5-0.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:

DCX
I remember when Livewire was doing his weekly Portis watch stuff in season 1, saying he was going to break the single season rushing record....

....then he played some run defenses that were actually good.
No offense Sable, GC, Story, and Daw!

AstroLad said:
Yeah Jackson was having some big problems getting untracked. On the other side Warner was throwing picks at least opportune moments. Pick your poison!

There was one play on 4th & Inches where guard and center inexplicably let your DT through untouched on a dive play. By the time I even got control of Jackson, it was too late.

Striker

Nightz and I will both wear whites next game. Two orange/white jerseys for sure.

Donald Brown always looks like Jim Brown against me. :(

Nightz

LukeSmith said:
Why are you both wearing home jerseys? Being colorblind, I can't play if one team isn't wearing the whites.
Well I was the home team...I think bluemax just likes those ugly neon jerseys. :lol

Striker said:
Nightz and I will both wear whites next game. Two orange/white jerseys for sure.

Donald Brown always looks like Jim Brown against me. :(
All whites! Let's do it! Your running backs tear my defense up too. :(

Edit: Holy crap at Scooter! He's leading the league in both rushing and receiving.

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Why are you both wearing home jerseys? Being colorblind, I can't play if one team isn't wearing the whites.

I've worn the neon green jerseys in every game I've played since they became available. I should've switched pants though since he was wearing whites.

My plan is to wear the neon greens until they take them away or until I blind every one of you mother fuckers.

EDIT: Whoops I totally didn't see the colorblind portion of your post when I first posted this.

The neon greens are so bright that I figure no one will get confused by them, as opposed to something like one team wearing white and the cowboys wearing silver or something. And no one has complained about them yet!

DMczaf

(10:00:34 PM) mrbob2k1: This week:

THE COLBERT REPORT, Comedy Central

Mo 1/18: Dr. Margaret Palmer, Emily Pilloton
Tu 1/19: Amb. Stephen Bosworth
We 1/20: Dick Ebersol
Th 1/21: John Farmer
(10:00:39 PM) mrbob2k1: gotta watch wed now
(10:00:42 PM) mrbob2k1: madden game cancelled
(10:01:07 PM) dmczafx23: meh, im already planning on playing the cpu after i kick you
(10:01:22 PM) mrbob2k1: of course you would do that...this is the only way you can beat me
(10:01:37 PM) dmczafx23: ...are you talking trash while avoiding to play me? lol

smh

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
everyone goes to the ends of the earth to play their games in a timely fashion.

Bob :"eh, im tired""

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
this was the actual conversation while playing monopoly with DM FMT and Rors

FMT: Bob is on aim ask him about your game
DM: He'll just say he is tired anyway

Everyone knows!

Ramirez

Jesus Christ, I might as well be playing with Jamarcus Russel at QB. I HATE HATE HATE WEATHER!!!!!!

Christ, Roethlisberger overthrew at least 5 wide open plays, 3 of which resulted in some of the dumbest Madden INTs ever seen, I hit A to throw to a wide open Miller and instead it goes 10 yards over his head towards Ward, stunning. I run a PA, try to throw to a wide open TE, it goes 20 yards the opposite direction to Reed. I'm trying to come back, Holmes has a 7 yard step on his defender, Roeth throws it 15 yards over his head.

Meanwhile Flacco probably threw 15 INTs but only one was caught and it was in garbage time. :lol

This game is stupid, it's so funny to me that when me and Fifty play each season the exact same thing happens. I play at his stadium, it's raining, I get destroyed, he comes to my stadium and I beat him, it's like clock work, totally predictable.

So glad I stayed up for that...waking up at 6 is going to be fun. :|

Fifty

Yep, and we play again in only 2 weeks! :lol Two seasons of EA's scheduling, twice we play 2 times in a 3 week span.

-That game had so many dropped INTs. I think we set a new record

- Lucky or not, Ed Reed had a huge game. He was so hot that when I called a FS blitz, I just
knew he'd break through for the sack. A career game for Reed. I can't believe I ever wanted to trade him.

-Joey Keller is officially my 2nd string RB. He's not getting big runs anymore (granted I'm playing against good players/teams, and he never ran well against them) and he's fumbling all the time

I'd get excited about the AFC North possibly being a 4 team race, but since the tiebreakers are so fucked, we'll end up with a 3 way tie and instead of the team with the best division record winning, it'll be the team with the most parking spots in its home stadium getting the title.

I'm 2-0 at home, 0-2 away. I can't win outside of Baltimore!

Top Bottom