• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey said:
dunno what happened w/ the disconnect but good scrim FMT

you pretty much had perfect blocking all gm.

yeah my o-line was dominating and i was (for once) able to contain you on defense (you missed some WIIIIIIIIIIIDE open receivers though, so i felt kind of lucky in that regard).

plus i tried something new against speed backs and it eventually worked.... for now!

p.s. gg!

(BAL) L.Webb, returned kickoff 89 Yds(N.Folk kick), 9:47 21 37
(PIT) H.Miller 10 Yd pass from B.Roethlisberger(J.Reed kick), 6:32 7 17
(PIT) R.Mendenhall, 4 Yd run(J.Reed kick), 0:21 0 3
(BAL) J.Keller 12 Yd pass from T.Smith, 9:37 21 31
(BAL) R.Rice, 1 Yd run(N.Folk kick), 8:57 21 24
(BAL) T.Gonzalez 7 Yd pass from J.Flacco(N.Folk kick), 7:59 21 17
(PIT) H.Miller 16 Yd pass from B.Roethlisberger(J.Reed kick), 7:10 14 17
(BAL) E.Reed, returned interception 69 Yds(N.Folk kick), 6:05 7 10
(BAL) N.Folk, 19 Yd FG, 0:02 0 0
(BAL) A.Boldin 7 Yd pass from J.Flacco(N.Folk kick), 3:02 7 3

i was looking at the box score here and noticed this. baltimore was only credited with 38 points, but it shows they scored 45! what!

Fifty

Heh

The Joey Keller play was a flats route that had him running toward the goal line full speed, with only Troy P.'s hair standing in his way. Poor lil' Joey nearly got his head knocked off when Troy met him dead on with the hit stick. The play was obviously a stop at the 1, but the game credited it as a score. Ramirez challenged and won, but the game kept the original play intact in the box score. (he wasn't credited the stats in the end)

Fifty said:
Heh

The Joey Keller play was a flats route that had him running toward the goal line full speed, with only Troy P.'s hair standing in his way. Poor lil' Joey nearly got his head knocked off when Troy met him dead on with the hit stick. The play was obviously a stop at the 1, but the game credited it as a score. Ramirez challenged and won, but the game kept the original play intact in the box score. (he wasn't credited the stats in the end)

ive learned that lesson the hard way with pittsburgh. i'm going to fucking run out of bounds anytime one of those safeties is near me if i can. fucking dirtbags!

oh i had a weird play in my game with smokey. gore fumbles (as usual) near the sideline. the ball is still very clearly in play (probably 3 yards from out of bounds). the chargers guy slips and dives for it or something and recovers (no minigame needed) but it gives me the ball back :lol

i THINK what happened is the game was ruling him out of bounds when he touched it, which is the correct call, but it looked like he might have re-established himself. who knows.

CB3 said:
stop going bob on me

i'm not that big of a d-bag. i'll play you tomorrow and dominate you the way i dominated all of you in monopoly!

it took you a while to give in DM, but you couldn't hold out forever! i always get my man, virgil!

ted-dibiase.jpg

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm not that big of a d-bag. i'll play you tomorrow and dominate you the way i dominated all of you in monopoly!

it took you a while to give in DM, but you couldn't hold out forever! i always get my man, virgil!

ted-dibiase.jpg

I don't lay down like CB3. You gotta beat me to beat me!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Psh. Im like John Elway. Retiring gracefully. DM is like T-Mac. Old, and has to be carried off the court with a bad back one more to finally get the message

AirBrian

LukeSmith said:
We should give AirBrian the Bears next year. He's timely(ish), when he's not gone for a month!
Why hello there, friend!

Although I would miss getting my ass beat down twice a year by you!

Rorschach

They're set to play Wednesday night, so don't get your hopes up, people. I know MrBob has been trying for a while to get DM to play the game, but you guys know how DM is. And we can't say shit because he's got boot power. :(

Ramirez

Fifty said:
Heh

Yes, I was salivating practically at the hit that I knew was coming, I thought maybe, just maybe I could break Keller's neck and get a FF/FR/TD in the process.

I'm not mad about the game this morning, I've come to accept that when you play away you're going to get insanely weird stuff that happens, like your "elite" QB turning into Ryan Leaf. Doesn't make it any less frustrating at the time.

Oh and I went and checked my stats after I posted, and I had EIGHT pass deflections, and by deflections I mean balls that hit my Defense right in their stone hands.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Heh

I was saying it before the draft, but I think POW is an underrated stat. If an RB gets to the safety level I want to make him pay for it, fumble, carting, whatever. I forget who I was playing but a receiver went up to catch a pass in a scrim and Kenny Phillips ended his career. It was amazing. :lol

AirBrian

Rorschach said:
They're set to play Wednesday night, so don't get your hopes up, people. I know MrBob has been trying for a while to get DM to play the game, but you guys know how DM is. And we can't say shit because he's got boot power. :(
Yeah, DM. Geez, quit watching Saved by the Bell and get on your game!

Nightz

Wellington said:
I was saying it before the draft, but I think POW is an underrated stat. If an RB gets to the safety level I want to make him pay for it, fumble, carting, whatever. I forget who I was playing but a receiver went up to catch a pass in a scrim and Kenny Phillips ended his career. It was amazing. :lol
That's what I liked about Roy Williams. Dude had insane amounts of power and laid people out. Unfortunately he couldn't catch anyone to save his life. :\

LiveWire

Wellington said:

That was Devin Thomas. Broke his spine. :lol

daw840

LiveWire said:
That was Devin Thomas. Broke his spine. :lol

Holy Shit.:lol

I have NEVER seen an injury that bad in Madden. Do you think they would cancel the game because of something like that IRL?

Of course, now that I say that AP will get his spine broken in the next game.

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Holy Shit.:lol

I have NEVER seen an injury that bad in Madden. Do you think they would cancel the game because of something like that IRL?
For the spinal injury? Nope, it's happened before. They cart him off and rush him to the hospital and continue playing.

daw840

Rorschach said:
For the spinal injury? Nope, it's happened before. They cart him off and rush him to the hospital and continue playing.

Wow, were they paralyzed on the field? I don't know how the teammates could go on playing after that.

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Wow, were they paralyzed on the field? I don't know how the teammates could go on playing after that.
It is and the mood is always somber afterward on both sides, as you can imagine, but the hardest has to be for the dudes that supplied the hit.

Last big injury like that was probably Kevin Everette, but he was the one making the hit. That was a life threatening injury and his life was saved by immediate surgery and quick thinking by the medical staff.

LiveWire

daw840 said:

Like that Bills player, the backup TE. They had a prayer on the field, and took about 15-20 minutes break to get everything taken care of, but then it was back to play.

Edit: Everett, that's the guy.

Re: the Thomas injury it wasn't even like Kenny Phillips trucked Thomas, they both just simply went up for the ball and it was incomplete. Thomas never got back up. :( Phillips did a jump shot though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Like that Bills player, the backup TE. They had a prayer on the field, and took about 15-20 minutes break to get everything taken care of, but then it was back to play.

Edit: Everett, that's the guy.

Re: the Thomas injury it wasn't even like Kenny Phillips trucked Thomas, they both just simply went up for the ball and it was incomplete. Thomas never got back up. :( Phillips did a jump shot though.
Holy shit what an asshole!! :lol :lol :lol

I think the injury report said "Broken Vertebrae" or something to that effect. It was crazy.

BTW, the guy that ran into Everett and injured him (returner) was Domenik Hixon who went on to join the Giants and win the SB that year. He's my slot guy right now. Come back Steve Smith :(

I'm pretty sure bob's game is the last one and will be for 24 hours. the others I think are getting done tonight

if bob has acknowledged this season as a tank job why can't we let DM play the CPU :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Speaking of injuries, I gave Tory Holt a mild concussion in the last game and he comes back in a quarter later. That is a man's man.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Holy shit what an asshole!! :lol :lol :lol

Eh, he's a Giant, what do you expect? Thugs.

Wellington said:
BTW, the guy that ran into Everett and injured him (returner) was Domenik Hixon who went on to join the Giants and win the SB that year. He's my slot guy right now. Come back Steve Smith :(

No shit? I thought he was drafted by the Jints. Interesting.

Speaking of injuries, has Madden GAF ever had an epic "Body Bag" game?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think i lost BW and Maclin for the remainder of the game. Damn near half my offense right there

PBY

Banned
Jeremy Shockey is a officially a CHIEF! hopefully he'll bring a win to KC....

Saint's got 3rd and 4th rounder, as well as Cottam

Top Bottom