• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
I'd be incredibly surprised if performance had any real effect on ratings in Online Franchise. If anything it introduces a significant amount of randomness into the progression logic that I am not convinced EA handled - especially given the way they handled playoff seeding.

In terms of reasonable and easy-to-manage stats to use for progression [the Tib way], I'd posit that downs played - a stat kept in online franchise and mostly discarded through the rest of the game - could impact the rate of growth and decline (it only introduces one thing to track, downsplayed, more downsplayed in a season could in theory accelerate the player further down up the "curve"), where that growth/decline curve per player is set based on POT ratings. But, then again, Alain Jackson didn't move advance in a dummy league and he didn't advance in this one and in our league he was a monster.
I think it is entirely off POT. Cameron Morrah has gone up 12 points in two seasons he was only a starter for 3 games and even then he saw limited time. Otherwise it was special teams and goal line.

Morrah I think is B potential but he also had a really low initial overall. Maybe crappier plays can improve more because the ratings gains are bigger?

Ramirez

So, I thought I was going to have to break some bad news to AB, Johnson got carted off...only out for the game, meanwhile Mendenhall limps off the field, out...8 weeks. :|

Luke you still dumping MJD off?

BigAT

daw840 said:
God damn servers are down for the PC franchise

It seems to be working fine for me.

Three games left this week:

Cards vs. Seahawks
Vikings vs. Primetime TV Schedules
Chargers vs. 9600 Baud Modems

Birdman02

bluemax said:
I think it is entirely off POT. Cameron Morrah has gone up 12 points in two seasons he was only a starter for 3 games and even then he saw limited time. Otherwise it was special teams and goal line.

Morrah I think is B potential but he also had a really low initial overall. Maybe crappier plays can improve more because the ratings gains are bigger?

My C POT Devin Moore has also gone up 12 points (to 71 OVR), since I picked him up in FA. He hardly touched the field my 1st year, but I gave him quite a few carries/catches in season 2. He went up exactly 6 points in each season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
So, I thought I was going to have to break some bad news to AB, Johnson got carted off...only out for the game, meanwhile Mendenhall limps off the field, out...8 weeks. :|

Luke you still dumping MJD off?
Should have just replayed it. No one would have known. :D

Fifty

:lol :lol @ Ramirez getting 700 yards of offense against the Titans. God, the AI is just so fucking bad. At least karma bit him in the ass for running up the score with Mendenhall going out for 8 weeks.

bluemax

Banned
Astro just a heads up, just lost power briefly at work and I live on the same street as where I work so there is a chance I could lose power during our game.

Rorschach

The only reason I know that progression isn't fixed is because it's different in the dummie league and all the players have the same POT as in our franchise.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
bluemax said:
Astro just a heads up, just lost power briefly at work and I live on the same street as where I work so there is a chance I could lose power during our game.
gotcha! stay safe and see you soon!

bluemax said:
Once Baseball season starts I'm done with Madden until August.

I'm with this man plus my son will be playing baseball too which means less time to get in games. In other words, I'm probably out after this season is done.

Fifty

PM me if you feel like trading a really good DB and getting a 1st rounder (I'm flexible as to other options) in return!

Rorschach

32zozlk.jpg

:lol @ the ad you guys made pop up

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
bluemax said:
Once Baseball season starts I'm done with Madden until August.
storybook77 said:
I'm with this man plus my son will be playing baseball too which means less time to get in games. In other words, I'm probably out after this season is done.
bye bye nfc west!

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah whats up with all this rain and thunder in los angeles! why do i pay higher cost of living with this type of weather!

Y'all better fix that shit up! I might be moving out there soon and I expect fucking sunshine, lollipops and rainbows waiting for me when I get off that plane. :lol

Rorschach

I'd hate for the league to stop, but maybe it's for the best. All this thread is now is bitching. Bitching about the game. Bitching about people not playing their games. Bitching about bitching about people not playing their games. Bitching about being called out for not playing the game. Bitching about playing the game too well. Bitching about playing the game poorly... etc.

Sneak preview for next week:

<pheeniks> Why isn't bob done that cunt!
<mrbob> I don't feel like it. Gonna play at 8:59 on the last day.
<pheeniks> ur a cunt
<mrbob> why is everyone picking on me? :'(
<Denog> HEY EVERYONE STOP PICKING ON MRBOB! NONE OF YOU HAVE LIVES!
<Ramirez> Oh for fuck's sake the game wanted you to win, fifty
<Fifty> I'm sorry, Ram. It's true. :(
<Livewire> The deadline has come and gone, but I hear the Redskins are already in talks for draft day trades. A 10 player trade is said to be in the works!! Stay tuned!
<Lonestar> This game is no NCAA. I only get like 8 seconds to pass...
<pheeniks>WTF DENOG UR A CUNT 2
<CB3>*popcorn*
<Smokey> SHOTS FIRED!!
<Luke> Plz dun hurt me rors :<
<Rorschach>I beg you for mercy, Luke! :'(
<DCX> Am I in the clear for the Turner trade yet?
<Crow> Ugh disconnected. Can someone sub?
<MWS> I got this.
<Astro> Come on, Live. Let's play! I rigged up a portable 360 and hooked it up to my wireless card so I could play you while driving to work!
<Wellington> I figured out that if you put an offensive lineman at QB, you can boost your running game! Quick! Someone get me Jared Lorenzen's number!
<Daw> Fuck you, Hasselbeck!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
I'd hate for the league to stop, but maybe it's for the best. All this thread is now is bitching. Bitching about the game. Bitching about people not playing their games. Bitching about bitching about people not playing their games. Bitching about being called out for not playing the game. Bitching about playing the game too well. Bitching about playing the game poorly... etc.

<pheeniks> ur a cunt
<Livewire> The deadline has come and gone, but I hear the Redskins are already in talks for draft day trades. A 10 player trade is said to be in the works!! Stay tuned!
<CB3>*popcorn*
<Smokey> SHOTS FIRED!!
<MWS> I got this.
<Astro> Come on, Live. Let's play! I rigged up a portable 360 and hooked it up to my wireless card so I could play you while driving to work!
<Wellington> I figured out that if you put an offensive lineman at QB, you can boost your running game! Quick! Someone get me Jared Lorenzen's number!

Everything there is so true

Rorschach said:

<pheeniks> ur a cunt
<CB3>*popcorn*
<Smokey> SHOTS FIRED!!
<MWS> I got this.

:lol :lol

Rorschach said:

<pheeniks> ur a cunt
<CB3>*popcorn*
<Smokey> SHOTS FIRED!!
<MWS> I got this.

you just listed the reasons i love the league! :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol that was great Rors

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
8 seconds to pass? When did I talk about that? Moar like "why isn't Direct Snap HB working anymore?"

Should be "Anyone want Brady LOL Just kidding. Anyone want Brady?"

BigAT said:
This thread desperately needs an infusion of POWER RANKINGS!

There is one fact Bob, and it is that after this week you will either have as many wins, or have less wins than me.

How does it feel?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:

<pheeniks> ur a cunt
<CB3>*popcorn*
<Smokey> SHOTS FIRED!!
<MWS> I got this.
:lol!

Wait until you see my 7 OL offense!!!
mad.gif

Top Bottom