• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Striker

CB3 said:
i can see it lasting more than 2 seasons. This season should be over by mid february. Id say 4 more seasons at the least as long as we can have a decent amount of people willing. Madden 11 is still far ways away. Besides that i wouldnt be laughing at anyone elses team planning if i were you
I am willing! I enjoy this league, even if my wins come on one hand.

Farrior and Hasselbeck may retire after seasons end, so the trade is risky.

LiveWire

Mrbob said:
Yeah I get the feeling too one or two more seasons and this league is done in wait for Madden 11. Unless this league somehow spills over into Madden 11, and at that point why get Madden 11 when we can just continue this league instead.

Well, EA might force our hand too, by cutting online franchise support from Madden 10 shortly before/after Madden 11 launches.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ph33nix said:
If only could these rosters carry in '11! I don't wanna know what life is like without my dear Kelly :(

yeah ive been hoping for a franchise import option. probably wont happen though. Although hopefully the improvements next year make it so that we would want to start a new franchise anyway...

DMczaf said:
From what I've heard, I would put money on Salary cap in 11.

Real talk.

Thank goodness. It'd be nice to have a real Free Agency period so us bottom feeders with some cap room would have a legitimate shot at getting some superstar players.

Striker

Nightz said:
Salary cap
Trading of picks
Spectator mode

Please EA?
Those three definitely.

Also add, of course which fits in, contracts. Practice Mode for our Franchise teams would be excellent, as well.

daw840

Striker said:
Those three definitely.

Also add, of course which fits in, contracts. Practice Mode for our Franchise teams would be excellent, as well.

I really hope EA puts in a scrim option like 2K has in the NBA leagues. I just hate running a scrim with the stock teams.

LiveWire

BREAKING NEWS

reported by Adam Schefter 7:12 PM EDT

Washington, DC -- It's a whirlwind of activity in the nation's capital this evening as the Washington Redskins are putting the finishing touches on a blockbuster deal with the Minnesota Vikings. The GAF Madden league trading deadline is fast approaching and the teams have been working since early this morning to finalize a deal before midnight Eastern time. The deal as it stands now is said to include an astounding 6 players and a draft pick. We'll have more details on this story upcoming in the next hour on Sportscenter.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
ph33nix said:
I'll wait for that, Bob, how much time will it take though? I need your milk but I think you might forget about me and watch Cheers instead. By the way rors you and I will sit at a monopoly table tonight so I can green your ass all over again
yawn

LiveWire

BigAT said:
Oh god. I can only imagine some of our current GMs working with a salary cap.

dan+snyder.png

Mrbob

LiveWire said:
BREAKING NEWS

reported by Adam Schefter 7:12 PM EDT

Washington, DC -- It's a whirlwind of activity in the nation's capital this evening as the Washington Redskins are putting the finishing touches on a blockbuster deal with the Minnesota Vikings. The GAF Madden league trading deadline is fast approaching and the teams have been working since early this morning to finalize a deal before midnight Eastern time. The deal as it stands now is said to include an astounding 6 players and a draft pick. We'll have more details on this story upcoming in the next hour on Sportscenter.

:lol

You truly are the viakado of NFL Madden age.

DCX

DCX
To be honest, i'd be in favor of keeping this franchise going til Madden 12. I'd hate to waste all the hard work i did this year to start it all over.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I counted out the weeks earlier and this season will hit the beginning of March for postseason. Season 4 could start in the middle of March assuming we are quick with the F/A draft and setting up the rookie draft. Season 4 would end in May if that happens.

Listen, I love this game, but I highly suggest we all take time off of the game after Season 4 for fear of being burned out before Madden 11 hits. :lol (I won't be, but some of you busier guys will)

DMczaf

DCX said:
To be honest, i'd be in favor of keeping this franchise going til Madden 12. I'd hate to waste all the hard work i did this year to start it all over.

DCX

You do realize Online Franchise only goes 10 seasons? Like I told Rors at the start of this, we wouldn't get to 10 seasons by August 2010.

LukeSmith

DCX said:

DCX

I'm sure you'll find a suitor for Turner next year, too

Mrbob

Change of plans, I might be going out tonight after work...won't be home till later tonight if I go out.

Oh and I just told my gf I need approval from pheeniks before heading out tonight, so hopefully he grants it to me so I can leave the home.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mrbob said:
Daw what time can you play tomorrow?

I'll be home around 2cst.
Not soon enough, BOB! Your ability to play your games on time reminds me of the "athlete" I saw at the Special Olympics several years ago who upon attempting to raise the flag during the national anthem began swinging around the flagpole and moaning as he attempted to use his bodyweight to foreceably untangle the twisted rope. smh

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:

DCX

Salary cap next year will show how sick a talent developer I am. 90+ OVR players under their rookie contracts. Book it.

Smokey

DenogginizerOS said:
Not soon enought, BOB! Your ability to play your games on time reminds me of the "athlete" I saw at the Special Olympics several years ago who upon attempting to raise the flag during the national anthem began swinging around the flagpole and moaning as he attempted to use his bodyweight to foreceably untangle the twisted rope. smh

:lol :lol :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DenogginizerOS said:
Not soon enought, BOB! Your ability to play your games on time reminds me of the "athlete" I saw at the Special Olympics several years ago who upon attempting to raise the flag during the national anthem began swinging around the flagpole and moaning as he attempted to use his bodyweight to foreceably untangle the twisted rope. smh
WAT! :lol!

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Listen, I love this game, but I highly suggest we all take time off of the game after Season 4 for fear of being burned out before Madden 11 hits. :lol (I won't be, but some of you busier guys will)

It's good practice for our future jobs in player management/acquisition in the NFL. ;)

Mrbob

Pheeniks please say yes.

DenogginizerOS said:

Hahahahahaha.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:

Salary cap next year will show how sick a talent developer I am. 90+ OVR players under their rookie contracts. Book it.
Pft I've had guys who don't even play go up by 12 ovr since we started!

Also watch them change the progression system next season.

Mrbob

How does potential even affect overall rating? Did Lonestar track any player stats from year to year?

I've heard stories of maddeners saying CPOT players have jumped 6 or 7 points in a season, and others who say there is no jump for APOT players. I don't understand the correlation.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
im planning for it to last 3 more seasons after this one, but whether that happens is based on how much interest there is in the league. we can find replacement players if a few people drop, and i wouldn't even mind having a couple CPU teams, but it wouldn't be worth it if we had 10 humans and 22 CPU teams.

time will tell fellas!
Once Baseball season starts I'm done with Madden until August.

Mrbob

I'll probably be in for one more season after this one. My redemption season after tanking this year for a pick.

I'll be getting the MLB itch too by the end of season 4, if not sooner. MLB The Show 10 come to me.

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
How does potential even affect overall rating? Did Lonestar track any player stats from year to year?

I've heard stories of maddeners saying CPOT players have jumped 6 or 7 points in a season, and others who say there is no jump for APOT players. I don't understand the correlation.

I'd be incredibly surprised if performance had any real effect on ratings in Online Franchise. If anything it introduces a significant amount of randomness into the progression logic that I am not convinced EA handled - especially given the way they handled playoff seeding.

In terms of reasonable and easy-to-manage stats to use for progression [the Tib way], I'd posit that downs played - a stat kept in online franchise and mostly discarded through the rest of the game - could impact the rate of growth and decline (it only introduces one thing to track, downsplayed, more downsplayed in a season could in theory accelerate the player further down up the "curve"), where that growth/decline curve per player is set based on POT ratings. But, then again, Alain Jackson didn't move advance in a dummy league and he didn't advance in this one and in our league he was a monster.

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
I'd be incredibly surprised if performance had any real effect on ratings in Online Franchise. If anything it introduces a significant amount of randomness into the progression logic that I am not convinced EA handled - especially given the way they handled playoff seeding.

I'd posit that downs played - a stat kept in online franchise and mostly discarded through the rest of the game - could impact the rate of growth and decline (it only introduces one thing to track, downsplayed, more downsplayed in a season could in theory accelerate the player further down up the "curve"), where that growth/decline curve per player is set based on POT ratings. But, then again, Alain Jackson didn't move advance in a dummy league and he didn't advance in this one and in our league he was a monster.

I dunno, my first season Malcolm Kelly and Marko Mitchell saw the field for maybe 40-50 snaps and made a handful of catches, and boom, 6 point upgrades. Neither are A potential. Perhaps a combination of downs played in relation to their position, but I doubt EA would be that advanced.

Ramirez

Another 4th quarter freeze, maybe my Xbox is on it's way out, never had this problem before, I'm going to install it to the HDD and try once more, if it happens again I'll just sim it.

daw840

Ramirez said:
Another 4th quarter freeze, maybe my Xbox is on it's way out, never had this problem before, I'm going to install it to the HDD and try once more, if it happens again I'll just sim it.

Wow, I can't believe you have made it this far without it installed on the HDD. I have a brand new 360 and it locked up all the time when it wasnt installed.

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
I dunno, my first season Malcolm Kelly and Marko Mitchell saw the field for maybe 40-50 snaps and made a handful of catches, and boom, 6 point upgrades. Neither are A potential. Perhaps a combination of downs played in relation to their position, but I doubt EA would be that advanced.

To be clear, I was simply suggesting a relatively simplistic implementation that EA could've used to move players along the POT curve (growth and decline over time). I certainly don't believe that they did anything like that in Madden 10. Seen way too much evidence to the contrary. :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that anything we do with our player's won't matter, it's all going off the POT rating, and then results seem random. Not sure what Alain Jackson's POT is, my Lee Carter and his 8 INT's last year at the OLB position, didn't go up in any rating. He's a C POT. Tribow went up like 5 or 6 OVR points, and had 16 touchdowns. He's a B rating. Axel Ongyebule is now my starting DE, he's a B POT, didn't play any last year, and jumped 5-6 OVR points.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Holy shit.... GG Astro... first half was a lot of fun.

Been drinking since I got home and as you saw my motor skills started to fail me. :lol

f45db91f-6cf3-5b69-983e-68793bcfc9b5.preview-300.jpg

Top Bottom