• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
Speaking of touches, Portis got his 20+ last night against the Eagles (23 to be exact), and I lost. So much for balance. Whatever works, works (even if it's cheesing with McNabb scrambling from 4 and 5 wide sets). If you need to win with 35 passes and 10 runs, do it.

baby-crying%20jpg.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CB3 didn't beat me with loads of McNabb Scrambling (can only think of one time). He beat me with INT's and M. Brooks getting a guaran-fucking-teed 3.5 Yards per carry.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Speaking of touches, Portis got his 20+ last night against the Eagles (23 to be exact), and I lost. So much for balance. Whatever works, works (even if it's cheesing with McNabb scrambling from 4 and 5 wide sets). If you need to win with 35 passes and 10 runs, do it.
Yeah I've pretty much just decided that I'm rushing 0 against McNabb and dropping everyone into coverage. What's the point if guys just bounce off...

daw840

Wellington said:
You know what I don't understand, Daw, is that looking at your stats from S1, I am pretty sure that your success was based off just getting the ball to AP and Percy Harvin. JRuss should be able to do handoff and hit both guys short without a problem. Have you moved away from that strategy? I'd be getting AP 30 touches a game if I were you. I get cranky when Jacobs doesn't get 20 and I have a guy just as good as him as a backup eating into his touches.

I think it's been 3rd down that has been killing me. With Favre, people were forced to protect against the pass, but with JRuss they can just zero in on AP and make him ineffective.

CB3

Lonestar said:
CB3 didn't beat me with loads of McNabb Scrambling (can only think of one time). He beat me with INT's and M. Brooks getting a guaran-fucking-teed 3.5 Yards per carry.

I really only scramble for any decent amount of yardage once or twice max. Livewire kept on playing man coverage and spreading the line so there we're holes to run up the middle. not to mention he thinks the RS is the tackle button. Knowing that i was able to avoid like 3 open field defenders by just anticipating the big hit and getting a 40 yard gain or so in OT

LiveWire

CB3 said:
I really only scramble for any decent amount of yardage once or twice max. Livewire kept on playing man coverage and spreading the line so there we're holes to run up the middle. not to mention he thinks the RS is the tackle button. Knowing that i was able to avoid like 3 open field defenders by just anticipating the big hit and getting a 40 yard gain or so in OT

See Wellington's comment about tacklers bouncing off of McNabb. X doesn't cut it, I'm afraid, when you have an overrated team like the Eagles. I also never spread the D-line (banned by the league). I do sometimes have them attack outwards (right stick up audible) if that's what you mean, but McNabb's runs weren't due to that. Your ridiculously overrated O-line did all that. It's OK though, like I said before, enjoy it while it lasts.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
I think it's been 3rd down that has been killing me. With Favre, people were forced to protect against the pass, but with JRuss they can just zero in on AP and make him ineffective.
Here's my strategy for 3rd and long - don't get into them! I run all day everyday so I typically don't have more than a 3rd and 5 to deal with unless I am getting stonewalled.

CB3

yeah thats what i meant the RS up on the line. dunno what its specifically called. Also, the tackling logic behind the line of scrimmage is different from when you pass it. If you honestly think that McNabb is gonna break tackles like AP on the run then by all means keep using the RS. Has he broken a tackle or two on the run? sure. but what you guys are talking about is mostly shit before ive even passed the line of scrimmage

LukeSmith

Striker said:
If you have Peterson at HB and Jemarcus Russell at QB, it's not the smartest gameplan. :p

Yeah he should just use a beast running book like Carolina - and it has enough options to mix things up in the pass game - and grind it out.

daw840

Wellington said:
Here's my strategy for 3rd and long - don't get into them! I run all day everyday so I typically don't have more than a 3rd and 5 to deal with unless I am getting stonewalled.

LOL, but that's what I mean. On 1st and 2nd down AP is not nearly as effective with JRuss at the helm as he was with Favre because people sell out the run knowing damn well that they only need a couple of people covering my recievers since JRuss (and I) suck at passing.

Rorschach

Daw: if you want, you can have Delhomme. He served me well last year and has 85THA. The only reason I'm not using him is because I was looking to progress a young guy. But since you said you don't care about that, Jake could be good for you. I wouldn't even charge you anything.

85 THA (Throw Accuracy)
82 TAS (Throw Accuracy Short)
73 TAM (Throw Accuracy Medium)
86 TAD (Throw Accuracy Deep)
68 TOR (Throw on the Run)
75 PAC (Play Action

CB3 said:
yeah thats what i meant the RS up on the line. dunno what its specifically called. Also, the tackling logic behind the line of scrimmage is different from when you pass it. If you honestly think that McNabb is gonna break tackles like AP on the run then by all means keep using the RS. Has he broken a tackle or two on the run? sure. but what you guys are talking about is mostly shit before ive even passed the line of scrimmage
I think that's what they're referring to. I know it's fucking annoying for me and I've only played you a couple of times. :lol There's no point in trying to tackle McNabb in the backfield.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Daw: if you want, you can have Delhomme. He served me well last year and has 85THA. The only reason I'm not using him is because I was looking to progress a young guy. But since you said you don't care about that, Jake could be good for you. I wouldn't even charge you anything.

oakland-raiders-jemarcus-russell.jpg

"I'm ready to come home, Rors"

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I think that's what they're referring to. I know it's fucking annoying for me and I've only played you a couple of times. :lol There's no point in trying to tackle McNabb in the backfield.
Dude's broken sacks by Tuck and Stroud on the same play. I know better than to try and hit stick him too. I'm just going with the 1-5-5 all game and dropping back as the NT.

BigAT

I meant to take a highlight from my game but forgot. There was one play where McNabb just punched one of my linemen in the head and went about his buisiness.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Dude's broken sacks by Tuck and Stroud on the same play. I know better than to try and hit stick him too. I'm just going with the 1-5-5 all game and dropping back as the NT.
BigAT said:
I meant to take a highlight from my game but forgot. There was one play where McNabb just punched one of my linemen in the head and went about his buisiness.
:lol

CB3 said:

I thought we weren't supposed to do that?

LiveWire

storybook77 said:
I thought we weren't supposed to do that?

Physically spreading the line is banned, yes. But you can attack the edges (right stick Up audible) if you want. The latter is what CB was referring to.

CB3

Rorschach said:

Nah i broke like a 40-50 yarder with mcnabb where i made 2 or 3 defenders miss in the open field past the line of scrimmage cause he was trying to hit stick me

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Nah i broke like a 40-50 yarder with mcnabb where i made 2 or 3 defenders miss in the open field past the line of scrimmage cause he was trying to hit stick me

You didn't make anyone miss, McNabb runs faster than most teams' RBs.

CB3

LiveWire said:
You didn't make anyone miss, McNabb runs faster than most teams' RBs.

You whiffed like 3 times. and if that were the case he would have taken it to the house instead of being caught from behind. Now if it were Vick then yeah

bluemax

Banned
AstroLad said:
BLUEMAX:

I can play when you get back provided it's by 10:30. Just drop me a PM when you get in and I'll hop right on.
Roger that. My dogs will have to hold it in until after the game!

Ramirez

Me and Daw have agreed to a deal, guess it needs confirmed though it's not really a big deal.

I get Russell and Henderson, he gets Hasselback and Farrior.

Also, would anyone like to fill in for AB, I'm going to play the cpu otherwise.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
Me and Daw have agreed to a deal, guess it needs confirmed though it's not really a big deal.

I get Russell and Henderson, he gets Hasselback and Farrior.

Also, would anyone like to fill in for AB, I'm going to play the cpu otherwise.
I don't have a problem with that trade if he's OK with getting much older and you younger.

If someone fills in for AB and beats you, you will regret those words man, just play the CPU. :lol

Denog who besides bob have I trolled about finishing games? And if it really bothers you then I'm sorry and you can put me on ignore. And bob your attempt to call me a cry baby is hilarious. If I remember right you're the one that started the "me or him" shit and made a little post because you were upset that a few of us were giving you sh. So who was the one that actually got butt hurt?

daw840

Wellington said:
I don't have a problem with that trade if he's OK with getting much older and you younger.

If someone fills in for AB and beats you, you will regret those words man, just play the CPU. :lol

lol, as long as neither one of them retires in the next 2 seasons it won't matter anyways. :lol @ You guys planning your teams like this league is going to last more than 2 more seasons.

Mrbob

Yeah I get the feeling too one or two more seasons and this league is done in wait for Madden 11. Unless this league somehow spills over into Madden 11, and at that point why get Madden 11 when we can just continue this league instead.

CB3

daw840 said:
lol, as long as neither one of them retires in the next 2 seasons it won't matter anyways. :lol @ You guys planning your teams like this league is going to last more than 2 more seasons.

i can see it lasting more than 2 seasons. This season should be over by mid february. Id say 4 more seasons at the least as long as we can have a decent amount of people willing. Madden 11 is still far ways away. Besides that i wouldnt be laughing at anyone elses team planning if i were you

I'll wait for that, Bob, how much time will it take though? I need your milk but I think you might forget about me and watch Cheers instead. By the way rors you and I will sit at a monopoly table tonight so I can green your ass all over again

daw840

CB3 said:
i can see it lasting more than 2 seasons. This season should be over by mid february. Id say 4 more seasons at the least as long as we can have a decent amount of people willing. Madden 11 is still far ways away. Besides that i wouldnt be laughing at anyone elses team planning if i were you

HEY! I made ONE bad decision in JRuss. I am trying to rectify that now damn it. I gambled, and came up on the bad end.

edit: Mid February?!? What are you smokin? Thats like 3 weeks! Then playoffs, then draft. I say March for this one and May for the next. After that we will probably take a break in prep for Madden 11.

Rorschach

Funny because I was going to give him Delhomme for free. Didn't even have to send Jruss over!

Ram, you want Delhomme for JRuss? Better QB and still has more years left in him than Hasselbald.

im planning for it to last 3 more seasons after this one, but whether that happens is based on how much interest there is in the league. we can find replacement players if a few people drop, and i wouldn't even mind having a couple CPU teams, but it wouldn't be worth it if we had 10 humans and 22 CPU teams.

time will tell fellas!

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
im planning for it to last 3 more seasons after this one, but whether that happens is based on how much interest there is in the league. we can find replacement players if a few people drop, and i wouldn't even mind having a couple CPU teams, but it wouldn't be worth it if we had 10 humans and 22 CPU teams.

time will tell fellas!

Do you really want this to butt right into Madden 11 though? We will hate each other right off the bat! At least we all usually get along at the beginning of the year!

Top Bottom