• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
Figures it's on the week when I'm most likely the last game. Damn you, Luke!

When does Airbrian get back? Our game could end up being the last one.

I'm too lazy to search for his posts :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB3 said:
i just got sacked 9 times. 3 times by a 63 rated DT. What the fuck just happened

hahahaha :lol

It wasn't a fluke.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah fuck this shit dude i can't go for it on 4th and 1 in OT from midfield? whatever most fucking luck i've ever seen anyone have in a game and you still had to whine to get the win

pathetic

Mrbob

AstroLad said:
yeah fuck this shit dude i can't go for it on 4th and 1 in OT from midfield? whatever most fucking luck i've ever seen anyone have in a game and you still had to whine to get the win

pathetic

Woah.......draaaaaaaammmmmmmmma? Out of curiosity, why didn't you go for it?

Matrix

AstroLad said:

pathetic

:lol

wat

You should have been able to go for it, imo.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i went for it on my 40 on 4th and 10 against LJ. Actually converted it too!

Unfortunatly that was like my only 1st down conversion of the second half:(

Matrix

holy shit is my D awful. Looking at the stats I have given up 209 pts in 6 games, the worst in the league. Yet I have only been badly beaten once out of my four losses.

All O no D even after the draft.... such failure :(

Nightz

storybook77 said:
I won't be able to play until later tonight, best bet is some time tomorrow afternoon/evening. I have to play GCQ in our NCAA dynasty when he gets home then it's time to cook dinner for the fam.
I'm not sure what my availability will be tomorrow, but I can probably do night time though. I'm gonna head out for a few hours right now, but if for some reason you're around and willing to play at like 10 pm PST tonight, let me know! :D

Matrix

CB3 said:
i went for it on my 40 on 4th and 10 against LJ. Actually converted it too!

Unfortunatly that was like my only 1st down conversion of the second half:(

Admit it, you kinda wish he didn't have a system anymore :p

LiveWire

AstroLad said:

pathetic

Whatever, no one goes for it at midfield, in OT. At that point you were guaranteed to get a first down, you also went on 4th and 5 earlier too. That one I could understand, you were down in the 3rd by 7 on my 31. Plus, when you punted, you pinned me at the 3! All I could do was 3 running plays at that point, and likely punt it back to you with great field position or even a return and immediate field goal. I can't help it I called a Zone left run in the B gap away from Darnell Dockett and Portis is a beast for 89 yards downfield. gg though, loved the Fitzgerald jetpacking and the Beanie Wells passes.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Admit it, you kinda wish he didn't have a system anymore :p
dagger.jpg

AstroLad said:

pathetic
Whaaaaaat?! According to the rules, you're allowed. :X

Smokey

played 3 teams in a row who were undefeated (rors, crow, bigAT), and the best player in the league before that (LJ) who had only lost 1 game. so a murderous 4 game stretch which saw my disc get snapped, turner get injured for 7 weeks , among other crap finally comes to an end. thanks ea.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
Whaaaaaat?! According to the rules, you're allowed. :X

Midfield isn't "no-man's land" according to the first page, a punt puts me inside my own 20 easily, and in this case he had me at my own 3! But whatever, guess the Redskins aren't allowed to win anything, gotta stick with the teams that win!

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Midfield isn't "no-man's land" according to the first page, a punt puts me inside my own 20 easily, and in this case he had me at my own 3! But whatever, guess the Redskins aren't allowed to win anything, gotta stick with the teams that win!
Yeah, mr persecution complex. It's allowed. Read this:
8. 4th down rules:

1) No going for it in your own territory unless its the 4th quarter and you are losing.
2) In no mans land (I'd say thats what 30-45 yard line?) you can only go for it IF (you are tied OR you are losing OR you are winning by one score) AND its within 7 yards.

Everything else is a judgment call. What I mean is anything not stated as against the rules = fine. This allows for situations like strikers, like 4th and inches attempts near goalline up by 3, etc. Since only two places on the field are mentioned: 1) your side of the field and 2) no man's land
That situation was NOT in no man's land OR in his own territory if I'm reading both of your posts correctly. It is allowed.

Matrix

See Birdman, this is why I punted in our OT game :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Smokey said:
played 3 teams in a row who were undefeated (rors, crow, bigAT), and the best player in the league before that (LJ) who had only lost 1 game. so a murderous 4 game stretch which saw my disc get snapped, turner get injured for 7 weeks , among other crap finally comes to an end. thanks ea.

Try going CB3, LJ, Crow coming up (or whoever is in charge of them), Fifty, then undefeated Somnia, then undefeated Luke, then Wellie. Toughest 7 game stretch ever. Plus, started the year off against Ror, and end it with..well, whoever's playing as the Chargers.

And LJ I guess. I'm pulling for the brother!

Birdman02

Matrix said:
See Birdman, this is why I punted in our OT game :lol

I was thinking the same thing. If I remember correctly, you were at your own 48, so you would've been breaking the rules!! :p

I was still expecting you to go for it though...especially as bad as our defenses were playing.

DCX, I'm ready when you are.

LJ11

My 360 is under warranty for 3 red lights, ends Nov 2010. I thought it expired 2009 since I bought my 360 in '05, I'll just borrow this one and send out my busted unit on Monday. See you soon Lonestar!

Also, 30-45 is your opponents 30-45 right?

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
My 360 is under warranty for 3 red lights, ends Nov 2010. I thought it expired 2009 since I bought my 360 in '05, I'll just borrow this one and send out my busted unit on Monday. See you soon Lonestar!

Also, 30-45 is your opponents 30-45 right?
Yeah, since your own is covered by the first rule. ;)

Good news about the xbox too!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CB3 said:
if livewire wasnt mixed into the 6 game stretch im in it would be the hardest of em all

Nah, you also played me, and that 41-3 score disqualifies you from having as tough a stretch of games.

LJ: At this point, I'm going to start learning every cheat in the book, that I can pull in Madden. If the CPU Lords are in your favor, and I can never get a win fair and square...by hook or by crook will have to do.

Ramirez

I agree with livewire, there's no way you can consider the 50 yard line no mans land in OT. BUT I know none of you really care about any rules considering how my 4th down complaint got swept under the rug like it never happened. :lol

No way this league lasts as long as some of you expect, look at how uppity people have been getting lately. :lol

Matrix

Birdman02 said:
I was thinking the same thing. If I remember correctly, you were at your own 48, so you would've been breaking the rules!! :p

I was still expecting you to go for it though...especially as bad as our defenses were playing.

haha I also had two things on my mind at that point. One was, I could easily get the 1 yard I needed with the way we both were playing and two was, damn we both have played like shit on D and he deserves to get a chance in OT after holding me down.

Plus the whole drama thing was in my head, so I punted and the Texans D did what I expected it to do.

Birdman02

Ramirez said:
I agree with livewire, there's no way you can consider the 50 yard line no mans land in OT. BUT I know none of you really care about any rules considering how my 4th down complaint got swept under the rug like it never happened. :lol

No way this league lasts as long as some of you expect, look at how uppity people have been getting lately. :lol

I think you have to consider how the game is going too though. If it's 45-45 (like my game against Matrix), then you better believe I'd go for it on 4th and 1 at midfield. But if it's 10-10, then I'll be more likely to punt and trust my defense.

EDIT: Now that I think about it....I'd probably hesitate so I don't cause any drama.

Matrix

Ramirez said:

Who are these people going for it on 4th downs? I have yet to come across one league person who has gone for it on 4th down when they shouldn't have.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its a myth. People got all riled up when i said id go for it on 4th down whenever i want. But i really dont ever go for it. and i rarely see people do when its not within reason

on the OT stuff....

i am of the opinion that in OVERTIME, anything goes. to be honest i could see someone going for it on 4th and 1 at their OWN 40. midfield is definitely acceptable in my opinion and i would honestly consider doing the samething.

what do you guys think? it's just that overtime is forever! it is a gigantic risk to go for it from midfield in OT because you are essentially giving your opponent a great chance to win if you dont get it.

and as we have seen, not even 4th and inches are guaranteed in this game anymore :(

Matrix

Birdman02 said:
EDIT: Now that I think about it....I'd probably hesitate so I don't cause any drama.

I should have messaged you and asked for permission :lol

Ramirez said:

oh, that's right, we didn't change the 4th down rules and provide more clarity after your 4th down issue. swept under the rug indeed.

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh, that's right, we didn't change the 4th down rules and provide more clarity after your 4th down issue. swept under the rug indeed.

Changed the rules to allow it to happen even more, why thanks MR!

I love how most of the people I talked to it about saw my POV but didn't say jack in the thread. :lol

Whatever.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
on the OT stuff....

i am of the opinion that in OVERTIME, anything goes. to be honest i could see someone going for it on 4th and 1 at their OWN 40. midfield is definitely acceptable in my opinion and i would honestly consider doing the samething.

what do you guys think? it's just that overtime is forever! it is a gigantic risk to go for it from midfield in OT because you are essentially giving your opponent a great chance to win if you dont get it.

and as we have seen, not even 4th and inches are guaranteed in this game anymore :(
That's why I said I'm in favor of extending it to the 50 in OT because the risk reward factor is a lot different. Your odds of getting 1 yard on fourth down are a shit load better than they are of getting a stop on the next drive. From a pure win probability stand point going for it there makes more sense.

Also i'm still at work so we can't play yet. Give me an hour.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
League Advanced!

:lol I've seen two thirds of that before somewhere...
If what I do with Jacobs and Brown is cheating or against league parameters let me know instead of being passive aggressive about it. That's not constructive at all.

I'm simply making my opponents defend one of two options.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
If what I do with Jacobs and Brown is cheating or against league parameters let me know instead of being passive aggressive about it. That's not constructive at all.

I'm simply making my opponents defend one of two options.
I don't give two shits. If it was against the rules, I'd say it was. I think it's funny that it was mentioned as an example of Madden Nation cheese and that it was the same team.

DCX

DCX
GG Bird. Woah, Tank got carted :( dislocated shoulder out for...a half, the man is a man's man! Big plays was the name of the game in the second half. With Hightower in the game, it sure was a different feel for the game, he still got some tuff yards and first downs but it felt like work :lol

I'm driving on the goal line, 3rd and goal. A run is expected i call for slants on the line, i choose to hit Turner who clearly has his man beat but a through the helmet and should int puts Bird on the one. He proceeds to hit his slot WR for a 99 yd TD but there is a flag early in the play, holding right..i stopped pursuit allow him to score cause it's coming back right, no the fuckers call PA on my manual guy when i personally went to cover the flats, i wasn't even involved in the play at all...WTF.

DCX

Birdman02

GG DCX. My defense continues to not be able to tackle anyone. But at least tell me you were sweating a little bit after that 99 yd TD pass (which was completely lucky)!

From now on....I'm running the spread offense from the beginning of the game. For some reason, my defense seems to respond a little better whan my offense is throwing the ball around.

bluemax said:
That's why I said I'm in favor of extending it to the 50 in OT because the risk reward factor is a lot different. Your odds of getting 1 yard on fourth down are a shit load better than they are of getting a stop on the next drive. From a pure win probability stand point going for it there makes more sense.

Also i'm still at work so we can't play yet. Give me an hour.

im ready when you are!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I don't give two shits. If it was against the rules, I'd say it was. I think it's funny that it was mentioned as an example of Madden Nation cheese and that it was the same team.
I love ya buddy.

Somnia, I got a few friends over watching a movie, I will let you know!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
i just got sacked 9 times. 3 times by a 63 rated DT. What the fuck just happened
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Now I don't feel so bad. :lol

As far as OT fourth down rules I don't think there should be any. If you want to sack up and go for it deep in your territory that's on you.

Top Bottom