• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Somnia

Wellington said:
I love ya buddy.

Somnia, I got a few friends over watching a movie, I will let you know!

If you can't tonight I'm free tomorrow after 11pm CST. Work till 6 and then taking someone to see Up In The Air (which I hope is good based off what everyone has said, but god damn I hate the director Reitman)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
haha, Local news was going over some mock draft possibilities (mostly for Rolando McClain gong to the Giants at #15, to perhaps Miami at #12).

But...this same Mock report had Tebow going in the 1st round. Pick #22.

The Patriots.

:lol

bluemax

Banned
Absolutely the single most dreadful game of offense I think I have ever had in Madden. Nothing I did work.

Every season I have a chance to get in the division race and then I collapse. Sigh.

gg blue. i felt like once i contained lebron my defense was able to take over. ace might be up to jack's level.... one day!

game turned on the TAINT at the end of the half. if you could've put a fg or td on that drive and scored on the opening drive in the 2nd half it would've been a different ballgame.

instead i ran most of the 2nd half (3 passes i think). maroney is pretty shitty :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
haha, Local news was going over some mock draft possibilities (mostly for Rolando McClain gong to the Giants at #15, to perhaps Miami at #12).

But...this same Mock report had Tebow going in the 1st round. Pick #22.

The Patriots.

McClain on the Giants would be a wet dream.

Somnia, ten minutes! Meet you there buddy!

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg blue. i felt like once i contained lebron my defense was able to take over. ace might be up to jack's level.... one day!

game turned on the TAINT at the end of the half. if you could've put a fg or td on that drive and scored on the opening drive in the 2nd half it would've been a different ballgame.

instead i ran most of the 2nd half (3 passes i think). maroney is pretty shitty :lol

Yeah I felt I was in it until that pick, even then if I'd scored on the opening drive of the third I could've come back.

I need to diversify my passing attack.

Birdman02

I just noticed Chad Henne has taken over the top spot in passing yds and TDs...for now.

1679 yards, 15 TDs and only 5 INTs.

Over 1,000 yards ands 11 TDs, 0 INTs in my last 3 games. Unfortunately, my defense can't keep anyone out of the endzone.

Birdman02 said:
I just noticed Chad Henne has taken over the top spot in passing yds and TDs...for now.

1679 yards, 15 TDs and only 5 INTs.

Over 1,000 yards ands 11 TDs, 0 INTs in my last 3 games. Unfortunately, my defense can't keep anyone out of the endzone.

english would be destroying in those category but my 3 wins have been by a combined 88-14 and i was basically running the entire 2nd half!

as it is now, only 10 td's/3 ints. although your performance is more impressive given henie isn't rated very highly and you don't have the receivers i do!

Somnia

GG Wellie...you came out swinging hard in the second half! Looked to be a pretty defensive game there for awhile, but my defense just fell apart (mostly in the 4th when you had the ball for 90% of the quarter) due to being so tired. Look forward to our rematch.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia said:
GG Wellie...you came out swinging hard in the second half! Looked to be a pretty defensive game there for awhile, but my defense just fell apart (mostly in the 4th when you had the ball for 90% of the quarter) due to being so tired. Look forward to our rematch.
GG bro. I went back and looked at what I IMed you about, you're right it was a non-issue.

Turns out that aside from the KR TD, I had the ball the ENTIRE fourth quarter. Once I went down 14-0 I just tried my best to get stops and keep my cool. I just had such bad luck in the first quarter. Boss slipped leading to the Pederson int, the KR TD getting called back on a penalty. :|

Somnia

Wellington said:
GG bro. I went back and looked at what I IMed you about, you're right it was a non-issue.

Turns out that aside from the KR TD, I had the ball the ENTIRE fourth quarter. Once I went down 14-0 I just tried my best to get stops and keep my cool. I just had such bad luck in the first quarter. Boss slipped leading to the Pederson int, the KR TD getting called back on a penalty. :|

Ya game was against you in the 1st for sure...That big sack you got on Pennington was just :lol I hit LB to throw to Crayton who would have been open but he slipped and bam!

I hate Pennington...don't get hurt on me again Romo!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia said:
Ya game was against you in the 1st for sure...That big sack you got on Pennington was just :lol I hit LB to throw to Crayton who would have been open but he slipped and bam!

I hate Pennington...don't get hurt on me again Romo!
Yeah, Romo healthy the whole game and it would have been a different outcome for sure.

Second time someone goes out with a concussion against me and can come back in the same game!

Based on how schedules have been, we probably play in two weeks, so I'll see you then. Hopefully it isn't raining. :lol

Wellington said:
Yeah, Romo healthy the whole game and it would have been a different outcome for sure.

Second time someone goes out with a concussion against me and can come back in the same game!

Based on how schedules have been, we probably play in two weeks, so I'll see you then. Hopefully it isn't raining. :lol

and i'll see YOU next week.

my defense has either been dominant or absolutely awful so far this season. wish i could just get something in the middle on a consistent basis :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
and i'll see YOU next week.

my defense has either been dominant or absolutely awful so far this season. wish i could just get something in the middle on a consistent basis :(
Listen chum... You can hold me to like 2.0 ypc, but I'm still going to run!! 30 carries for 60 yards!! The future is HERE!

I actually had to pass to open up the run against somnia :(

Wellington said:
Listen chum... You can hold me to like 2.0 ypc, but I'm still going to run!! 30 carries for 60 yards!! The future is HERE!

I actually had to pass to open up the run against somnia :(

uh, no i can't. my run defense is awful. my best run defense game of the season was just against the seachickens and he still had 75+ yards on me even though he didn't run much because he was down.

oh you're going to run all over me brother. and aint NOTHIN gonna stop that from happening

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fucking unreal how bad my passing has been. 76.33 QBR, 9 ints in 6 games. Been focusing on improving the ground game and D so much lately I have not worked on my passing. :|

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Fucking unreal how bad my passing has been. 76.33 QBR, 9 ints in 6 games. Been focusing on improving the ground game and D so much lately I have not worked on my passing. :|
Welcome to my world. This last game i did fantastic, White had a breakout game also. It may have alot to do with Tank being hurt the second half, but still.

DCX

PBY

Banned
also... i kinda wanna srim in a little while, if anyone wants too... be forewarned tho, i've had to mutually quit my last three scrims b/c they were just getting boring the score was so onesided so i prob wont play with the chiefs again

Smokey said:
Appreciate the scrim FMT

gg chum. couldn't stop making mistakes in the passing game :(

i thought for sure you'd miss that long ass fg. looks like you have another seabass too. i would be lucky to make a 46 yarder with old man nedney! im tempted to draft a 99 pwr kicker in the next draft! ill do it with my first motherfuckers! when have kickers gone in our past drafts? 3rd round?

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:

i thought for sure you'd miss that long ass fg. looks like you have another seabass too. i would be lucky to make a 46 yarder with old man nedney! im tempted to draft a 99 pwr kicker in the next draft! ill do it with my first motherfuckers! when have kickers gone in our past drafts? 3rd round?

I think that FG was a 56 yarder?

Kaeding in our Franchise is rated higher due to progression so I wonder if he could hit a 60 yarder.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
CK stole my kicker in the second round the first draft. So i took one in the second in this draft

Smokey said:
I think that FG was a 56 yarder?

Kaeding in our Franchise is rated higher due to progression so I wonder if he could hit a 60 yarder.

yeah it was 56, which is why i said i'd be lucky to even hit a kick 10 yards less than that with ned :(

Is there a secret to kicking long? Rors hit a fucking 59 yarder on me and that shit had like 10 more yards to go. Meanwhile my dude has like 98 or 99 power and can only go 53 yards max on full meter

ph33nix said:
Is there a secret to kicking long? Rors hit a fucking 59 yarder on me and that shit had like 10 more yards to go. Meanwhile my dude has like 98 or 99 power and can only go 53 yards max on full meter

lower the arrow thingy to increase distance, but be careful because if you do it too much you won't have enough height to get over the cross bar

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:

3rd round was the round i drafted mine :)

DCX

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:

You do realize there was ONE kicker in the draft last year, right?

DMczaf

daw840 said:
GG Quinton. I totally forgot to go sign Santana Moss before we started playing, lol.

So you sign other people's free agents, but don't sign your own.

You are a strange cat.

dskillzhtown said:

There were 3, 2 of them had crazy kicking power.

daw840

DMczaf said:
So you sign other people's free agents, but don't sign your own.

You are a strange cat.

There were 3, 2 of them had crazy kicking power.
lol, I did so much in the FA last night I just assumed I had picked him up! Then when the game started, I realized I hadn't......smh

bluemax

Banned
I grabbed the best kicker in the draft in the third round IIRC and FMT mocked me for it. 94 KPW 83 KAC I think.

I've attempted 1 FG in 7 games and missed it, but it had the distance!

DCX

DCX
dskillzhtown said:
there were three. Oraju or whatever his name was i had targeted with my third rounder but CB stole his ass, so i went with Simms. a 35 rated kicker :( He does have 99 kpw but like 60 acc or something shitty like that, though and i haven't missed one kick with him :)

DCX

bluemax said:
I grabbed the best kicker in the draft in the third round IIRC and FMT mocked me for it. 94 KPW 83 KAC I think.

I've attempted 1 FG in 7 games and missed it, but it had the distance!

man i hope tiburon comes up with a new kicking system next year. how fucking hard is it to use the madden kick meter from last generation? or hell use the fucking NFL 2kx system which is similar but at least the arrow is moving all the time to give the kick SOME chance of being off.... and then the worse your accuracy the faster that meter would move.

as it is now you will miss a kick for 1 of 3 reasons:

1. short kick
2. lag spikes up as you're pressing UP for the meter
3. your thumb slips off the stick*

* only applies to livewire

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Welcome to my world. This last game i did fantastic, White had a breakout game also. It may have alot to do with Tank being hurt the second half, but still.

DCX
Huh? Dude I can pass I've just had incredible bad luck. Last game both ints were a result of the 18 MPH winds and rain. My guy fell as Eli was winding up on the first one. At least three others are a result of me trying to push the deep game. More often than not lobbing a deep pass to Nicks (6'1" tall, 93 JMP, 91 CIT, 87 SPC) has resulted in an int. I really just do not get how this game works when Josh Wilson of the Seahawks (5'9", 89 JMP, 57 CTH) can outmuscle Nicks for a ball where it lands right on top of both of them. More often than not in real life it's an incompletion, but in the game it doesn't work that way.

And with Steve Smith out I have one viable receiver. :|

Wellington said:
Huh? Dude I can pass I've just had incredible bad luck. Last game both ints were a result of the 18 MPH winds and rain. My guy fell as Eli was winding up on the first one. At least three others are a result of me trying to push the deep game. More often than not lobbing a deep pass to Nicks (6'1" tall, 93 JMP, 91 CIT, 87 SPC) has resulted in an int. I really just do not get how this game works when Josh Wilson of the Seahawks (5'9", 89 JMP, 57 CTH) can outmuscle Nicks for a ball where it lands right on top of both of them. More often than not in real life it's an incompletion, but in the game it doesn't work that way.

And with Steve Smith out I have one viable receiver. :|

Awareness matters alot in who catches jump balls. Especially since you cannot manually position the WR.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
MWS Natural said:
Awareness matters alot in who catches jump balls. Especially since you cannot manually position the WR.
That would actually make sense. Nicks only has 65 AWR.

Damn if Manningham doesn't turn into something after progression this off-season, I have to consider drafting a WR in round on. :|

Top Bottom