• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

daw840

Wellington said:
Yeah I don't know how dudes with families even play league games let alone practice or play anything else. After I get home from the gym on a weeknight I have 1 hr to do anything else and if I choose to play Madden, there goes the whole night. I can't remember what the last game I actually completed was - and this is a guy that lives by himself with no girlfriend. Don't get me wrong I have a healthy social life, but I envy the time management of some of you dudes.

It helps that I have the best wife in the world who does most of the shit that needs to be done around the house while I am at work. I usually just come home and relax, nothing to do really.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
Yeah I don't know how dudes with families even play league games let alone practice or play anything else. After I get home from the gym on a weeknight I have 1 hr to do anything else and if I choose to play Madden, there goes the whole night. I can't remember what the last game I actually completed was - and this is a guy that lives by himself with no girlfriend. Don't get me wrong I have a healthy social life, but I envy the time management of some of you dudes.

Yeah I work until 7pm then I come home and make my own dinner which means I'm usually not free until like 8/8:30 giving me about 4 hours to do anything before I go to sleep. It is a bit easier to play games now that I'm single again.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
We should group all the league players together jersey shore style and do a reality show about it.

Epic.
That would be fucking hilarious. All of the games would be played on a huge TV with whoever can watch watching.... the trash talking that'd go down would be insanity.

Mrbob said:
We should group all the league players together jersey shore style and do a reality show about it.

Epic.

Trust me you do not want this

You might be the guy that bails out in the middle of the season!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Bob/daw: when are you guys playing roughly? i'm trying to sched a call but i want to try to leave time to play live.

THX

LiveWire

ph33nix said:
Trust me you do not want this

You might be the guy that bails out in the middle of the season!

:lol The entire house would have to choose between bob and ph33nix.

LukeSmith said:
I still think we should all meet in Vegas for March Madness some year

That's a great idea, or perhaps the NFL Draft weekend (though MM is probably better at creating unintentional hilarity when someone's a #16 seed upset away from winning 15 grand on an 8-team parlay. :lol)

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
:lol The entire house would have to choose between bob and ph33nix.

Bob would basically be Vince, but instead of being stoned all the time and not really being on the show, he'd be watching reruns of his favorite sitcoms of the last 20 years on TBS

Striker

bluemax said:
ESPN had Madden Nation. Aside from having a few more cheesers it was pretty similar to this league. Just on a bus.
I remember watching the guy using the Niners TE cheesing to Vernon Davis all game. I can't even remember who the QB he was using.

Another time I remember was a player using the Giants, and he had Bradshaw at RB, Jacobs at FB, and Ward was in the lineup somewhere too.

LukeSmith

Striker said:
Another time I remember was a player using the Giants, and he had Bradshaw at RB, Jacobs at FB, and Ward was in the lineup somewhere too.

Wellie was on that show? He was just talking about lining up Bjax at wideout

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Wellie was on that show? He was just talking about lining up Bjax at wideout
Don't give up my tricks, jerky.

If the leaguers were to ever get together, I'd show you guys the pad I have by my home computer with just the Madden 10 notes. Mostly player attributes and potential uses, not so much tendencies. I had 10 pages on the rookie draft alone.

Wellington said:

I don't go to bed until about 12 or 1 and the wife normally is out by 10 sometimes 11. Also, I get home before her when she works so I have a couple of hours there too if my daughter doesn't want to play or is at my mom's. My wife also works every other weekend. I'll have less gaming time when my son's baseball season starts back up since I'll be taking him to practice and going to his games.

BigAT

"For Sanchez, we're limiting our sample to players who were first-year starters. Now, regardless of which team each Football Outsiders writer cheers for, we are all football fans first; we want to see good young players succeed. So imagine our horror when the closest match for Sanchez turned out to be current Raiders punch line JaMarcus Russell.

In 2008, Russell completed 198 of 368 passes for 2,423 yards and 13 TDs (with 8 INTs). This season, Sanchez went 196-for-364 for 2,444 yards, 12 TDs and 20 INTs. Their completion percentages were identical (ahhh!): both at 53.8 percent.

Russell started 15 games at age 23 in 2008; Sanchez started 15 games at age 23 in 2009. The biggest difference is in interceptions, where Sanchez was significantly worse, throwing 20 interceptions to Russell's eight."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/insider/news/story?id=4838995

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:
All I hear lately is The Jets select Mark Sanchez and Shonn Greene. Pretty damn good if you ask me.

Maybe the Greene part, and your defense. I found Sanchize to be particularly crummy. A Game Management QB would have as much success, if not more. Jets are getting there on a strong running game and defense. How a Football team SHOULD be built on :p

LJ11

Well it seems to be working again. Have my brothers unit anyway, grabbed it when he wasn't around, should get a phone call later in the day. Took his controller too, brand new. It needs to broken in, maybe I should play a few randoms, that should do the trick.

DMczaf

Ramirez said:
:lol

I love how they admit to running the same plays and yet the other idiot doesn't play the route that he knows the guy will throw too. I also can't believe that EA would want their "sports simulation" to be shown to everyone by retards like this.

Tiburon HATES the show with a passion. It would be like having a COD Show where all glitches are legal.

LiveWire

LJ11 said:
Have my brothers unit anyway, grabbed it when he wasn't around, should get a phone call later in the day. Took his controller too, brand new.

:lol :lol I foresee a news article about this in the OT soon.

daw840

Oh calm the hell down people. There is no way I can play right now I am at work. JESUS. Blame bob for not playing last night damn it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
daw840 said:
Oh calm the hell down people. There is no way I can play right now I am at work. JESUS. Blame bob for not playing last night damn it.

bob says he wanted to play last night but you watched the office. Who to believe!

daw840

CB3 said:
bob says he wanted to play last night but you watched the office. Who to believe!

I didn't watch shit. I went to bed early because Bob said he wasn't going to play! The wife was watching old Office episodes, not me! I've already seen every episode except the current season!

daw840

My boss just asked me to stay until it calms down a bit. That could be 15 minutes, or it could be an hour. I don't think it will be any longer than that though.

Fifty

Ramirez said:
Take your time, I'm in no hurry to play the Ed Reeds again.

I can't play tonight anyway, Ram. Probably Saturday night, if not but definitely Sunday.

If you're bored tonight, you can pre-write the excuses about how lucky I got and how I only won because of overrated players and/or flukey plays, so that if I win you can quickly post them and rob me of any satisfaction the win might bring me.

Fifty

You guys should just do it if you haven't heard back before the game from other commishes. My Adalius Thomas for Bob's first rounder already set a precedent for a trade of that nature. Moss is slightly worse, and going to a team that already has 2 WRs of that rating, makes him less crucial than Thomas was to me, so having it be a conditional pick makes sense to me.

Top Bottom