• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach said:
Yeah, if FMT wasn't so generous with you. :[

the thing is he declined that trade once. then i offered it again later and when he was reviewing it he got booted, and the CPU accepted for him :lol

if anything it was YOU giving him the complete reds that killed us :(

well lonestar ragequit in the 4th quarter but i thought it was a pretty good defensive game. broncos win 20-7.

lonestar had some bad luck with fumbles. but he also had some good luck in that one of my wr's dropped a td leading to a fg instead and an incredible pick by jerrod mayo.

i'm not sure how the broncos run blocking is so good. his guys are rated average to poor, but they just destroy in the run game. i guess their bad ratings are due to their pass blocking because i had a lot of pressure on me in this game and against the chargers.

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well lonestar ragequit in the 4th quarter but i thought it was a pretty good defensive game. broncos win 20-7.

lonestar had some bad luck with fumbles. but he also had some good luck in that one of my wr's dropped a td leading to a fg instead and an incredible pick by jerrod mayo.

i'm not sure how the broncos run blocking is so good. his guys are rated average to poor, but they just destroy in the run game. i guess their bad ratings are due to their pass blocking because i had a lot of pressure on me in this game and against the chargers.

Thanks for subing but I don't know if we can afford to lose any more members. And you might not want to give the Broncos back to me. :(

TheCrow said:
Thanks for subing but I don't know if we can afford to lose any more members. And you might not want to give the Broncos back to me. :(

damn is it at the point that i suck so bad when i beat someone they are so disgusted with the game it makes them want to quit?

just like against smokey i was playing ULTRA conservative on offense. like, beyond DM conservative if that is possible.

the game was there for the taking but lonestar missed a couple throws, i got away (or my team did) with a PI on 3rd down, and he had some untimely fumbles. he would also pause the game after those plays and tell me we should sim it or he was going to quit. then he gets back in the game to make it 13-7 and played through the 4th until about 1:30 left or so.

what can i do? :(

p.s. i don't have to fill in for the broncos! i don't care who fills in to be honest, but i was around today and wanted it to get done.

also, can someone fill in for the titans against matrix?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The TD was the only 2 positive plays I had all game. Got a CB in Deep 3 coverage to jump on a pump fake and hit Bellows for 50 some odd yards, and a lucky TD catch after that.

Rest of the game went: Just get a first down, Slaton fumbles. Just get a catch at the goalline, Welker fumblers. My first positive play of the game, which was midway through the 2nd, was a 15-20 yard catch by bellows. He fumbles. FMT's bullshit accelerated clock, kicks in while I'm trying to audible. Short yardage to go for a 1st becomes 8 or 9 yards. The clock has been a reason I rarely audible.

Offensively, you didn't do anything wrong. Really, I don't think you did anything at all to piss me off. You had nothing to do with the fumbles. I did ok on run defense when you went up the middle. Some of the outside runs my guys got suction blocked. It happens.

I was looking for some counter runs, but never seemed to find them. Should have went back to the Patriots playbook.

Lonestar said:
The TD was the only 2 positive plays I had all game. Got a CB in Deep 3 coverage to jump on a pump fake and hit Bellows for 50 some odd yards, and a lucky TD catch after that.

Rest of the game went: Just get a first down, Slaton fumbles. Just get a catch at the goalline, Welker fumblers. My first positive play of the game, which was midway through the 2nd, was a 15-20 yard catch by bellows. He fumbles. FMT's bullshit accelerated clock, kicks in while I'm trying to audible. Short yardage to go for a 1st becomes 8 or 9 yards. The clock has been a reason I rarely audible.

:lol

Lonestar

And yes, honestly, I didn't want to play FMT as the bronco's. Did Vivawhastit-name not stick around?

Lonestar said:
And yes, honestly, I didn't want to play FMT as the bronco's. Did Vivawhastit-name not stick around?

he wont have the game until next week unfortunately :/

and normally i wouldn't fill in but crow is clearly better than i am so it's not like you are playing a better player as the broncos. but i know there is the angle that you might have matched up better against him than against me.

sorry dude, but don't quit :(

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
he wont have the game until next week unfortunately :/

and normally i wouldn't fill in but crow is clearly better than i am so it's not like you are playing a better player as the broncos. but i know there is the angle that you might have matched up better against him than against me.

sorry dude, but don't quit :(

Sorry man, but it's 2 games in a row of some horseshit-bullshit-cowshit-giraffeshit, on the Ramirez-to-Fifty level, that I don't know how much more of it I could take. It's not fun, it makes work seem like a fucking trip to disneyland. A disneyland filled with naked Snow White and Cinderella actresses.

6a00e553d5d110883301156e584fc2970c-800wi

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
Sorry man, but it's 2 games in a row of some horseshit-bullshit-cowshit-giraffeshit, on the Ramirez-to-Fifty level, that I don't know how much more of it I could take. It's not fun, it makes work seem like a fucking trip to disneyland. A disneyland filled with naked Snow White and Cinderella actresses.
we all get Maddened here and there, sometimes an entire season of it, but rage-quting? Really? And to FMT? He's an old man who's lost three steps and his golden horseshoe has been passed around more than a Brooklyn hooker.

I should have rage-quit many times against Shawn, but i took my cheese filled beating like a man.

DCX

Lonestar

DCX said:
we all get Maddened here and there, sometimes an entire season of it, but rage-quting? Really? And to FMT? He's an old man who's lost three steps and his golden horseshoe has been passed around more than a Brooklyn hooker.

I should have rage-quit many times against Shawn, but i took my cheese filled beating like a man.

DCX

It's with a minute left, down 13, right after a turnover at the goaline. FMT's a good player. Just not a good GM :p Bronco's are SERIOUS team.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
damn is it at the point that i suck so bad when i beat someone they are so disgusted with the game it makes them want to quit?

just like against smokey i was playing ULTRA conservative on offense. like, beyond DM conservative if that is possible.

the game was there for the taking but lonestar missed a couple throws, i got away (or my team did) with a PI on 3rd down, and he had some untimely fumbles. he would also pause the game after those plays and tell me we should sim it or he was going to quit. then he gets back in the game to make it 13-7 and played through the 4th until about 1:30 left or so.

what can i do? :(

p.s. i don't have to fill in for the broncos! i don't care who fills in to be honest, but i was around today and wanted it to get done.

also, can someone fill in for the titans against matrix?

I'll fill in!! I have a bye week

DCX said:

DCX

wasn't cheese though!

just an unfortunate series of events for the patties. i had fucking 5 fumbles against dallas... much worse than what happened here!

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wasn't cheese though!

just an unfortunate series of events for the patties. i had fucking 5 fumbles against dallas... much worse than what happened here!

It's not about how many.

It's about when they happened. All on 1st down (achieved) plays and/or goal to go.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
wasn't cheese though!

I didn't say YOU cheese him. I just stated that i took my cheese beating from Shawn like a man and didn't quit.

DCX

Lonestar

DCX said:
I didn't say YOU cheese him. I just stated that i took my cheese beating from Shawn like a man and didn't quit.

DCX

Hey, I had to finish out against the CPU when I played CB3, because his connection was lost with like 2 minutes left, of a 34-7 game. I could have just quit that out, and made him replay the CPU, while losing all the stats he accomplished, and I'd probably have better ones if the CPU played for me :lol

Lonestar said:
It's not about how many.

It's about when they happened. All on 1st down (achieved) plays and/or goal to go.

lets try this!

1. first possession of a game moving into scoring position
2. on a 1st and 10 at my own 6
3. near midfield before the half moving the ball
4. inside my opponents 30 with under 3 minutes left (although i stripped his defender and then recovered that one :lol )
5. inside my opponents 2 yard line down by 7 with under a minute left

so yeah, trust me your fumbles didn't hurt nearly as much as the ones i had! but i do understand the frustration

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lets try this!

1. first possession of a game moving into scoring position
2. on a 1st and 10 at my own 6
3. near midfield before the half moving the ball
4. inside my opponents 30 with under 3 minutes left (although i stripped his defender and then recovered that one :lol )
5. inside my opponents 2 yard line down by 7 with under a minute left

so yeah, trust me your fumbles didn't hurt nearly as much as the ones i had! but i do understand the frustration

Did you have 2 of those games in a row?

Well, at least I haven't broken the disk yet! I've at least got that going for me.

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh, no not 2 in a row :D

I'd almost say 3, but after a little bit, I just didn't care anymore against CB3. Was throwing it up for shits and giggles for a large portion of the back half of that one.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DCX said:

DCX

I have a feeling if most people in this league had to play with the Lions, they would have killed themselves already. The Cowboy massacre was probably the worst crap I had seen...until my game with daw this season with 3 fumbles that went to the other team and one of them returned for a TD, then I lose by 7. I can recall a ton of drops, tipped INTs, fumbles, etc.

I guess part of it is I have the Lions, I know that I am going to have a hard time going into any game. But part of the this league is trying to improve your team through the draft and FA then feel like the man. The other part of that is you can take a great team into trades and FA, then turn them into losers and the feel like a chump.

I predicted in the first season that people with really good teams are going to start losing, then quit the league because they can't take it. That is why they picked stacked teams in the first place, so they can win. Seems we have seen the beginnings of that. Gotta take the losses with the wins.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FMT needs to stop cheesing everyone and making them rage. First smokey, now lonestar. Who is next on his list of doom!

Lonestar

CB3 said:
FMT needs to stop cheesing everyone and making them rage. First smokey, now lonestar. Who is next on his list of doom!

I'd say it was nothing he did...

but then I remember, he created the league. He must of checkmarked the box for Laffey Taffey, the Fumblerooskie owner option.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Pheeniks, I can play after the Rockets game is over.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Well, he had his eyes down field. That one is not nearly as bad. In mine he doesn't even have his feet on the ground or his eyes on the receiver. :lol
Yeah yours is definitely way worse, but I just wanted to show solidarity in the "Raped by Freeman" organization.

For so many years DM complained about Vick in his division....

Top Bottom