• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

PBY

Banned
striker, lets just play later tonight, say 11ish? im gonna eat and then when i get back its saints/vikes time...

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Four games left:

Ravens - Steelers
Saints - Bucs
Browns - Chiefs
Raiders - Colts (Wish we could spectate!)

Any idea when these are getting done? I assume not today because of the games.
Luke and I are playing Monday. I'm too busy today celebrating my Colts winning the AFC.

Smokey

goddam at that mass effect 2 commercial..0_o

do i HAVE to play the first one ? I have it but have no motivation to play it with the sequel around the corner..that commercial was epic.

Somnia

Smokey said:
goddam at that mass effect 2 commercial..0_o

do i HAVE to play the first one ? I have it but have no motivation to play it with the sequel around the corner..that commercial was epic.

You dont HAVE to play it. You get asked questions at the beginning to set up the story changes that would have happened had you played the first. You could go read up on the story or something before hand and be fine.

Ramirez

So, my game with Fifty went exactly how I said it would, he threw a total of 7 INTs (one was the cpu after he quit), fumbled anytime he got near the endzone towards the end, and had a KR taken back for a TD on him when I was in an onside kick formation.

Roethlisberger was threading passes left and right, when in our game at Baltimore he couldn't hit wide open people.

Yay, homefield.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty quit? :\

Fifty

Yeah I quit when he was up by 3 scores and there was 1:30 left..a NFC championship game in overtime that I wasn't able to watch, and Ramirez strangely sending his team out in wildcat formation on 4th down at my 15. I wasn't sure what he was doing, but since he didn't immediately kick the chip shot I wasn't going to stand around to see what he was planning.

Aren't you glad you prompted me to type that out and create tension where there was none, matrix? I had a miserable time in that game, as predicted. A loss is a loss is a loss, but after a long day of work, a game that sad and predictable really tests my patience. Not fun at all.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Aren't you glad you prompted me to type that out and create tension where there was none, matrix?"

:lol

He didn't have to mention that you quit, I was just wondering why. No one needed to know that the cpu threw a pick, but whatever.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fifty said:
Yeah I quit when he was up by 3 scores and there was 1:30 left..a NFC championship game in overtime that I wasn't able to watch, and Ramirez strangely sending his team out in wildcat formation on 4th down at my 15. I wasn't sure what he was doing, but since he didn't immediately kick the chip shot I wasn't going to stand around to see what he was planning.

Aren't you glad you prompted me to type that out and create tension where there was none, matrix? I had a miserable time in that game, as predicted. A loss is a loss is a loss, but after a long day of work, a game that sad and predictable really tests my patience. Not fun at all.

Hey, those are my words from yesterday, I demand Royalties.

Ramirez

Fifty said:

I figured running a play on 4th and 5 that was pretty much guaranteed to get stuffed was better than me kicking a FG and "running the score up".

If you wanted to watch the game you could have declined to play tonight, you said you would be home at 9 so I figured that was when you wanted to play so I arranged it that way. Your posts have such animosity in them. :|

DMczaf

josh-freeman-bucs.jpg

Striker

peterb0y said:
striker...u still there? i missed ur xbox live message the first time, my roomie was on the xbox...
Sorry, got busy.

I grabbed your gamercard from the GAF League team list and sent you a message, even though you were in the lobby on MW2. Waited a little, weren't replying, so figured you were going to do that. It's no biggie, 'specially since others won't be done until tomorrow or, Wednesday.

PBY

Banned
Striker said:
Sorry, got busy.

I grabbed your gamercard from the GAF League team list and sent you a message, even though you were in the lobby on MW2. Waited a little, weren't replying, so figured you were going to do that. It's no biggie, 'specially since others won't be done until tomorrow or, Wednesday.
no worries man- i just had assumed we were playing at 11- it was my roommate who was on COD so i didn't see ur message.... im down to play whenever tho- only one class tomorrow and thats from 7-10

oh, and im down to play now too, since i don't have to wake up tomorrow, but no pressure if you can't i know its late

Fifty

Ramirez said:
I figured running a play on 4th and 5 that was pretty much guaranteed to get stuffed was better than me kicking a FG and "running the score up".

If you wanted to watch the game you could have declined to play tonight, you said you would be home at 9 so I figured that was when you wanted to play so I arranged it that way. Your posts have such animosity in them. :|

I think a FG would have been more realistic, and I wouldn't have minded whatsoever. Though I can see why you thought that ; some people in this league have sand castles in their vaginas and it makes one over-think things.

I didn't want to watch the game enough to postpone our game..but when OT was on and our game was decided, I saw no point in me staying there. (I like that no is complaining about me, but I'm defending myself!) Sucks that my scrubs threw another OT in 70 seconds, but the way I was playing I might have thrown 2 in that time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
How Player Ratings Are Weighted By Position

Did I ever post this? I know I linked some dudes that asked for ratings breakdowns from me before the draft and a couple of others. This weekend Livewire and I were discussing some things and I didn't have the link handy (bookmarked on my work PC) so let me just post this in here. I don't agree 100% (For example, I believe PUR is the most important LB attribute) with this as far as what is important to each position, but it's a start.

2njvx95.jpg

14l7mys.jpg

2qird3n.jpg

295xpjk.jpg

Rorschach

Wellington said:
How Player Ratings Are Weighted By Position

Did I ever post this? I know I linked some dudes that asked for ratings breakdowns from me before the draft and a couple of others. This weekend Livewire and I were discussing some things and I didn't have the link handy (bookmarked on my work PC) so let me just post this in here. I don't agree 100% (For example, I believe PUR is the most important LB attribute) with this as far as what is important to each position, but it's a start.
Pursuit is the most important for gameplay, but tackle gives more of an impact to the overall rating. Also, OLB ratings are more skewed towards a 3-4 OLB and block shedding is undervalued for DT... among other things.

[edit] And it confirms what I said about THA. It's just an accumulation of the three accuracy ratings. See, Daw?

daw840

Rorschach said:
Pursuit is the most important for gameplay, but tackle gives more of an impact to the overall rating. Also, OLB ratings are more skewed towards a 3-4 OLB and block shedding is undervalued for DT... among other things.

[edit] And it confirms what I said about THA. It's just an accumulation of the three accuracy ratings. See, Daw?

I swear that it's the "master" rating. How the hell would 85, 83, 60 (estimations) equal 64?!?

daw840

storybook77 said:
I swear if they could just fix the line play on both sides of the ball and the wr/secondary interactions, this game would be golden.
I would just be happy with WR/secondary stuff. Jamming the WR 20 yards down the field is RIDICULOUS!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
daw840 said:
I would just be happy with WR/secondary stuff. Jamming the WR 20 yards down the field is RIDICULOUS!

Add on that if you throw the ball towards that WR (who is being jammed 20 yards down the field) there's 0 chance of drawing a pass interference call. Odds are, it'll be INT'd; best case scenario it's incomplete.

daw840 said:

Or knocking the ball away 90% of the time on jump balls against much taller receivers plus the stupid flipping the receiver over tackle animation on most contested incompletions. The deep ball would be much more effective and red zone passing to the outside receivers would actually be more viable if they fixed those.

As far as line play, there should be more one armed attempts at tackles for engaged defensive players thus more chance at breaking the tackle instead of the engaged defender becoming completely free in an instant to stop the rb for a minimal game.

Rorschach

storybook77 said:
Or knocking the ball away 90% of the time on jump balls against much taller receivers plus the stupid flipping the receiver over tackle animation on most contested incompletions.
I heard that flip animation is gone next year. It won't happen nearly as often.

The deep ball is in this year. I've managed it even with Bruce Gradkowski. The only problem is that most people keep their safeties way down field and they are beastly this year. A safety can get from the right side of the field to the left faster than the ball can. On the other hand, people keeping their safeties up has led to a ridiculous YPC average across the league, so give and take!

Shitty corners miss the ball all the time or go for the pick and miss.

I'm with you guys on the PI thing. It's complete horseshit. Especially since it's never called and the one fucking time I see a PI call, it's on me for not even touching the WR to win a playoff game for the Bills. >:|

Rorschach said:
I heard that flip animation is gone next year. It won't happen nearly as often.

The deep ball is in this year. I've managed it even with Bruce Gradkowski. The only problem is that most people keep their safeties way down field and they are beastly this year. A safety can get from the right side of the field to the left faster than the ball can. On the other hand, people keeping their safeties up has led to a ridiculous YPC average across the league, so give and take!

Shitty corners miss the ball all the time or go for the pick and miss.

I'm with you guys on the PI thing. It's complete horseshit. Especially since it's never called and the one fucking time I see a PI call, it's on me for not even touching the WR to win a playoff game for the Bills. >:|

My biggest beef is with the super safeties on deep balls. There's no way most safeties would be able to react that quickly to get there especially in man converage where the safety is supposed to be running with his guy but yet he pulls off right at the time the ball is thrown, when he should still be covering his man for at least another step or two if he gets off of him at all.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:

But that is my point - PUR is in actuality the most important stat but it's not weighted correctly for the OVR rating. I've had slow, dumb as bricks guys lead all LBs in tackles and the common thread was PUR rating. I did a break down a while back of the top LB tacklers and their important ratings and it turned out (iirc, too lazy to look it up) that AGI and PUR were the two most important stats.

Funny you mention BSH as that is what brought this whole thing on between Live and I. BSH only applies in the open field, it does not apply to linemen as far as my testing has determined. The two factors for DL are FMV and PMV. LJ brought to my attention Saturday the SPD plays a role as well but I have not tested it. BSH is for defenders in pursuit and special teams players (especially important for gunners). I'm sure you guys have seen the matador animation where defenders just dodge blocks.

I believe that BSH is opposed to IBL but I have to work on setting up those matchups in practice mode. PMV is opposed to block strength and FMV is opposed to block footwork as you know already. Everything at the LOS is governed by opposing stats is why I hypothesize this.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
But that is my point - PUR is in actuality the most important stat but it's not weighted correctly for the OVR rating.
Well, then we're in agreement, but I'm just saying the chart isn't wrong. It's just that Tiburon weighed them wrong.

As for the block shed stuff, you're welcome to your opinion. :D

storybook77 said:
My biggest beef is with the super safeties on deep balls. There's no way most safeties would be able to react that quickly to get there especially in man converage where the safety is supposed to be running with his guy but yet he pulls off right at the time the ball is thrown, when he should still be covering his man for at least another step or two if he gets off of him at all.
Yeah and I also hate that defender ratings are tied to the opposing QB. If the opposing QB is Peyton Manning, that man to man safety will continue his assignment. If that QB is Charlie Frye, that safety will spider sense that something is amiss, get off his assignment, turn back 20 yards, and intercept the ball with one hand.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Well, then we're in agreement, but I'm just saying the chart isn't wrong. It's just that Tiburon weighed them wrong.

As for the block shed stuff, you're welcome to your opinion. :D
>:|

Once I get home I will have to go through DTs again. >:|

Rorschach said:
Yeah and I also hate that defender ratings are tied to the opposing QB. If the opposing QB is Peyton Manning, that man to man safety will continue his assignment. If that QB is Charlie Frye, that safety will spider sense that something is amiss, get off his assignment, turn back 20 yards, and intercept the ball with one hand.

They should have a Look off rating for the QBs if they aren't going to use a vision cone and have that tied to zone coverage ratings but the man coverage rating should only be bounced against a receivers/tes/rbs route running, etc...ratings.

Matrix

Ok so I got a pm from Airbrian asking me if we could play Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Fmt, told me play Pheeniks.

I had Pm'ed AB right after the league advanced and he finally got back to me today, but seriously whats the deal?

Break down of communication between AB and FMT?

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Ok so I got a pm from Airbrian asking me if we could play Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Fmt, told me play Pheeniks.

I had Pm'ed AB right after the league advanced and he finally got back to me today, but seriously whats the deal?

Break down of communication between AB and FMT?
.....smh

DCX

daw840

AB must just be really busy right now, cut him a little slack. He has always been a very dependable player in these leagues.

AirBrian

Holy shit did the league advance twice in 4 days?

I posted I was going to be gone until Monday. Not sure why there's any confusion about this.

Matrix

daw840 said:
AB must just be really busy right now, cut him a little slack. He has always been a very dependable player in these leagues.

I'm not picking on him, in fact I'm asking FMT why I was told to play Pheeniks so quickly.

AirBrian

Matrix said:
I'm not picking on him, in fact I'm asking FMT why I was told to play Pheeniks so quickly.
If Rors remembered my post about Monday, surely FMT could!

Matrix said:
When does Airbrian get back? Our game could end up being the last one.

I'm too lazy to search for his posts :(
Rorschach said:
Probably Monday at the earliest. You should PM him. :p

Matrix

I did Pm you right after.

Then I came in the next day/night and saw like two or three posts telling me to play Pheeniks and Pheeniks sent me a PM telling me I was to play him cause FMT told him to fill in for you.

I just figured you got in contact with FMT or something since I didn't get a reply back and I was told to play.

AirBrian

Matrix said:
I did Pm you right after.

Then I came in the next day/night and saw like two or three posts telling me to play Pheeniks and Pheeniks sent me a PM telling me I was to play him cause FMT told him to fill in for you.

I just figured you got in contact with FMT or something since I didn't get a reply back and I was told to play.
No worries, man -- it wasn't your fault.

Matrix

This league really does move too f-ing fast sometimes, which sometimes causes this confusion.

LJ11

QB release needs to be some sort of rating, because when I use Fitzpatrick the ball just zips out of his hand and you wouldn't expect it based on his throwing power. Edwards feels like he labors to get the ball out even though he has a stronger arm.

Top Bottom