• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

I do 15 min with 20 second accelerated clock. Gets perfectly realistic stats (except that I intercepted Ryan Fitzpatrick 8 times in one game) Drives/quarters go pretty nicely unless you have someone who plays and snaps fast.

LJ11

1-5-5 press coverage and blitz is all anyone runs. Cheap fucks. It's amazing what kind of pressure you get with 1 DL.

I'll be on tonight if anyone's around for some games.

Edit: Also, what the hell is Defensive Assist (A button)? I swear this whole time I'm trying to swat and strip with A and it's LB. I'm an idiot.

well bros i tested out 15 minute quarters in my franchise (with 25 seconds run off) and the results were very good.

a realistic # of plays, yardage was good, and i beat the cards 28-6!

SMOKE

Banned
LJ11 said:
1-5-5 press coverage and blitz is all anyone runs. Cheap fucks. It's amazing what kind of pressure you get with 1 DL.

I'll be on tonight if anyone's around for some games.

Edit: Also, what the hell is Defensive Assist (A button)? I swear this whole time I'm trying to swat and strip with A and it's LB. I'm an idiot.

I swear I been saying this since maddens online existence, its a cheap ass defense that needs to be tweaked, no damn DB should be getting there so soon against a bunch linemen who can make a wall if they wanted too to slow them down.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well bros i tested out 15 minute quarters in my franchise (with 25 seconds run off) and the results were very good.

How long was the game?

Somnia

Ugh @ you guys having the game already =( the sad thing is the game is sitting locked up in my store right now, but I can't do shit with it till launch day. *cries*

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Do you play on All-Pro? So far the rushing attempt and passing attempt #s are real. I ran for about 25 times with Ronnie and had 30 pass plays for Chad. Just about average in all the games I've played so far! (Four) What is not average is that I intercepted Fitzpatrick 8 times!

Shawn, the game will last about a little over an hour. Which is time I'd be willing to commit (I think...) I don't anticipate this time thing being a problem but I am personally frightened for the beginning of September when school starts rolling around and I hopefully don't have responsibilities all day and night. New gig, no idea what will happen :(

SMOKE

Banned
Looks like it would just be league based games for me this year, there's people already at it online not allowing anything to take place when you take snaps from behind the center.

One game I just played until it disconnected my opponent kept nano blitzing me and I couldnt even hand the ball off or get back to pass. I then used shotgun forms and had some succes but the heat is too much for a game that makes you go through the proper steps of a QB automatically.

But here goes some more clips for you guys, 49ers(me) vs. Vikes.

This one is against the Eagles- http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8312451

These 2 are against teh Vikes.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8320992

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8321035

DCX

DCX
Sucks so bad having to wait to play while the elite vets are already honing thier games...what a disadvantage to live in a shitty area...

DCX

Somnia

DCX said:
Sucks so bad having to wait to play while the elite vets are already honing thier games...what a disadvantage to live in a shitty area...

DCX

Sucks don't it =/ ah well not like any practice will improve the Bengals :lol

There seems to be a lot of RB's breaking through 2-5 defenders and getting huge runs for TD. I hope this isn't a regular thing.

DCX

DCX
Somnia said:
Sucks don't it =/ ah well not like any practice will improve the Bengals :lol

There seems to be a lot of RB's breaking through 2-5 defenders and getting huge runs for TD. I hope this isn't a regular thing.
The worst part is that i used to live in the Bronx and had access to early releases all the time...how i miss those days.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
The worst part is that i used to live in the Bronx and had access to early releases all the time...how i miss those days.

DCX
I got mine at Fordham Game World. :)

I am having a hard time with breaking tackles with BJac, though like FMT said he routinely pushes the pile forward even with like five guys on him. :lol

Anyone want a game?

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I got mine at Fordham Game World. :)

I am having a hard time with breaking tackles with BJac, though like FMT said he routinely pushes the pile forward even with like five guys on him. :lol

Anyone want a game?
Of course you did jerk! :) My old stomping grounds.

DCX

hey bros i played a 15 minute game with shawn online. it took 1 hour and 8 minutes to complete.

it was a blowout (he won 52-17, i threw 5 picks, etc etc) and brought up a big concern with playing a 15 minute game: what happens during blowouts? i honestly didn't mind playing (it was my own fault!) but i know running up the score concerns, time concerns, etc. in a blowout game....

15 mins would be good if every game were competitive, but every game won't be. i'm going to test out 10 mins today too and see how that goes.

on the other hand, the stats were realistic in 15 mins. EA didn't email me the scores for some reason, but i ran 78 offensive plays, shawn ran 45 plays. tackles were realistic, yardage was something like 380 for me and 344 for him.

also, we're going to have to make it a rule with the jerseys online. if you're away, wear your away jersey, if you're home, wear a home jersey. otherwise the colors are sometimes identical :/

Striker

Well, Dallas plays their whites at home. I assumed the game locked team's away/home jerseys in once one team selected (preferrably home). You can mix and match the uniforms online, right?

i don't mind the hour long game. hopefully we don't have a disconnection problem though...can you imagine the pain of a close game getting disconnected in the 4th quarter?

i also don't care about gamesmanship shit and blowout whatever. i'd rather have the opponent keep taking it to me so i can figure out how to stop people...its not like the players in the game have morale and stop playing.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
pheeniks you around to play?

i want to try out a 10 minute game and see how that goes!

yeah i am. my roommate is on the xbox though but i don't think he'll be on for too long. i'll post here or msg you on live when i can.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ok, i'll be on live

he's playing WaW so i guess it is going longer than i thought. sorry, don't wait for me if you get another game offered, i'll still let you know if i get the box back soon.

OMFG pat white can't throw :lol

gg fmt

everything was fine. except when Shaun fucking Hill shed Joey porter on that one 3rd down run, and missed block and fumble by you on your near TD return :lol some of my passes were outright stupid...i'm blaming it on real life fatigue!

number of plays run is definitely not even close to 15 min quarters. hm

just played a 10 min game with 20 second accel clock against pheeniks. here are the results:

49ers - 21
Dolphins - 7

Total Offense:
D - 201
49ers - 236

Total Plays (not counting the 4 punts each):
Dolphins - 40
49ers - 42

so, a little low i think as far as the plays go. im check a random game (saints vs. bucs in week 1 of last year) and in that game the bucs had 63 offensive plays and the saints had 60.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
hey bros i played a 15 minute game with shawn online. it took 1 hour and 8 minutes to complete.

it was a blowout (he won 52-17, i threw 5 picks, etc etc) and brought up a big concern with playing a 15 minute game: what happens during blowouts? i honestly didn't mind playing (it was my own fault!) but i know running up the score concerns, time concerns, etc. in a blowout game....

15 mins would be good if every game were competitive, but every game won't be. i'm going to test out 10 mins today too and see how that goes.

on the other hand, the stats were realistic in 15 mins. EA didn't email me the scores for some reason, but i ran 78 offensive plays, shawn ran 45 plays. tackles were realistic, yardage was something like 380 for me and 344 for him.

also, we're going to have to make it a rule with the jerseys online. if you're away, wear your away jersey, if you're home, wear a home jersey. otherwise the colors are sometimes identical :/

FMT, CK, or Pheeniks; I'll be available for another game in about two hours or so.

Definitely agree that 15 min q's would be too long for league games. We have folks of varying skill levels here, and we want to make sure folks are having fun - long term - regardless if they are winning or losing.

Another random observation I've noticed is regarding receivers dropping balls. In the game I played with Pheeniks, Roy Williams had a serious injury in the first quarter and, in turn, Miles Austin (rated 67; I think...) had to step into a starters role. He ended up dropping 5 balls (whole team had 8), and it seems like receivers are more likely to drop passes upon immediate contact. I guess it's sorta realistic, but it'll take time to get used to. Perhaps this tweak was done in response to the money comeback routes from previous years.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
just played a 10 min game with 20 second accel clock against pheeniks. here are the results:

49ers - 21
Dolphins - 7

Total Offense:
D - 201
49ers - 236

Total Plays (not counting the 4 punts each):
Dolphins - 40
49ers - 42

so, a little low i think as far as the plays go. im check a random game (saints vs. bucs in week 1 of last year) and in that game the bucs had 63 offensive plays and the saints had 60.

We can try 12 mins.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just for shits and giggles I clicked off of the DEs for a couple of plays and all of a sudden Tuck was a fucking monster. He is rated higher than Osi, and more powerful, but it was surprising. Maybe since that is the strength of the team, I should finally.... FINALLY play another position. :( I was a little worried that the pass rush was not good at all, but seeing Tuck fucking hulk out like that was kinda cool. I guess until I learn all the nuances of DLine play this year I should stay away.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:
Just for shits and giggles I clicked off of the DEs for a couple of plays and all of a sudden Tuck was a fucking monster. He is rated higher than Osi, and more powerful, but it was surprising. Maybe since that is the strength of the team, I should finally.... FINALLY play another position. :( I was a little worried that the pass rush was not good at all, but seeing Tuck fucking hulk out like that was kinda cool. I guess until I learn all the nuances of DLine play this year I should stay away.

I can't see myself playing any other position. I am just going to try to get get better using the right stick to get around the O-line.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just played a game with Shawn, even in loss it was a good one. It's becoming clear how indefensible last year's game really is to be honest. It's like they just snapped their fingers and all the issues are gone.

My only problem right now is that open field tackles are impossible. I've never seen so many broken tackles in my life, but that was a problem last year too.

Wellington said:
Just played a game with Shawn, even in loss it was a good one. It's becoming clear how indefensible last year's game really is to be honest. It's like they just snapped their fingers and all the issues are gone.

My only problem right now is that open field tackles are impossible. I've never seen so many broken tackles in my life, but that was a problem last year too.
Power walking on a treadmill right now, but wanted to pop in and announce that wellie is chucking it this year. Eli roasted my secondary for 292 yards.

My mind was blown...

Rorschach

Funny how Nnamdi is repping the throwbacks in the NFL commercial, but EA doesn't see fit to give the Raiders those same throwbacks. Fuck you, Tiburon! Fix the animatiunz!

Ramirez said:
*plays demo* :(
At least your team is in the exclusive demo. :(

LJ11

Anyone up for a game?

A buddy of mine came over and we played a few, Raiders back 7 is pretty sweet, and the Texans are tough too.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Anyone up for a game?

A buddy of mine came over and we played a few, Raiders back 7 is pretty sweet, and the Texans are tough too.
Raiders safeties suck :\ But I'll be controlling them, so no big. Go Nnamdi!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
Power walking on a treadmill right now, but wanted to pop in and announce that wellie is chucking it this year. Eli roasted my secondary for 292 yards.

My mind was blown...
You sonofabitch don't let everyone in on it!

I just have to work on running. That run by MB3 was sick, I know I should be able to do the same thing with Jacobs. I wish I saved that replay.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ReggieBrown2._autoJPG.png

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Striker said:
Does that mean Wellie doesn't need Braylon? :(
Well for what it is worth, Kiwanuka has never even seen the field in any of my games this weekend. The WR depth chart is pretty sick. Kiwi + Hixon for Braylon.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
wtf

I saw the smoke video as well with Gore.

Day 1 patch to fix?
Fix? This is what you assholes wanted. B-B-B-BU NOT ENOUGH BROKEN TACKLES AND LONG ASS RUNS!

I doubt it gets patched.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I wish I had saved the one against Shawn. I personally tackled MB3 with Justin Tuck, a 95 OVR player, and then others piled on. Somehow he drove through the pile and broke free for a TD. Truth be told I've seen enough Cowboy games to know it's possible, but c'mon, he's not bowling over a guy like Tuck.

Top Bottom