• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

SMOKE

Banned
Mrbob said:
wtf

I saw the smoke video as well with Gore.

Day 1 patch to fix?

What's got me runs like that is people are blitzing their asses off in this game and it pays off big time. The risk vs reward aspect in this game is incredible, you screw up and its a score or you just burned a down and it might come back and bite you in the ass:D

LJ11

Just finished a game with a random, 3 kick returns for TD's, he used the Cards. :lol

He returned the first, kicked it off and I returned it, kicked to him and he broke a single tackle with DRC and was in for 6. I was controlling the kicker at that point because I didn't want to fuck up the gaps, and he still sprung it. :lol

Striker

Wellington said:
Well for what it is worth, Kiwanuka has never even seen the field in any of my games this weekend. The WR depth chart is pretty sick. Kiwi + Hixon for Braylon.
Do they not have package subs? IE in nickel packages, you can put Kiwanuka, Osi, and Tuck all on the DL? This shit was in Madden '05 and you can really spice things up.

Hixon at 70 isn't too bad, but I worry about Kiwi's drop to OLB (if I use 3-4) and I don't think Hixon is as fast as he is in actual play. I think they made other WRs faster (on the Giants). :\

I'll get it Friday and take a look to evaluate on things can go down. :p

Rorschach

ddjpd3.jpg

Breaking tackles? Not on my watch!

LJ11

I'm not sure what the story behind trading Edwards is, but why on earth would you do it when receivers are at premium in this game? My scrub receivers get jammed at the line all day long, and remember they get bumped within 5 yards, so it doesn't just happen in BnR situations. They also run better routes, they'll cut in front of a LB in zone instead of going behind him on a shallow route.

Edit: I'm the worst tackler, I really don't know why. In last gen Madden I was stout at switching guys and getting the tackle, different story with next gen. I flat out suck. Switch to the wrong guy, dive at the wrong time, I'm a mess when it comes to tackling. Wish they put in the Mini-Camp drills so I can practice, not really feeling the ones they put in this year.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
I'm not sure what the story behind trading Edwards is, but why on earth would you do it when receivers are at premium in this game? My scrub receivers get jammed at the line all day long, and remember they get bumped within 5 yards, so it doesn't just happen in BnR situations. They also run better routes, they'll cut in front of a LB in zone instead of going behind him on a shallow route.
DUDE SHUT UP.

Fuck bro you have TO and Evans and you're still hating. Unreal!

Striker

LJ11 said:
I'll have to play/use him to help evaluate further, but I'll need defensive help. With the group on there now, I doubt I get any pass-rush whatsoever. Still not sure if a 3-4 D is the right way to go in this case, also. Kiwanuka is an 85, and if I played a 4-3, a 85 DE plus Rogers and Corey Williams in the middle? Morning wood.

LJ11

Wellington said:
DUDE SHUT UP.

Fuck bro you have TO and Evans and you're still hating. Unreal!

I knew I would get this response, I'm not hating. I'm just curious, because Striker has had this thing about trading Edwards for months. I just need to know the reasoning behind it. Not hating, just trying to figure it out. Even if what I said wasn't true, why would you trade a WR like him.

Striker said:
I'll have to play/use him to help evaluate further, but I'll need defensive help. With the group on there now, I doubt I get any pass-rush whatsoever. Still not sure if a 3-4 D is the right way to go in this case, also. Kiwanuka is an 85, and if I played a 4-3, a 85 DE plus Rogers and Corey Williams in the middle? Morning wood.

I see, you can do some interesting things on D to be quite honest. The more LB's and hybrid DE's you have, the better. There are a lot of nice defensive alignments in the Ravens/Jets/NE D books. I want to run a 3-4 too, but I think converting a couple of guys from DE to OLB will be difficult at the start, and finding a big DE will be difficult.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
I already had that conversation and it seems like it's no use. :p I even tried to steer Edwards my way! I don't know how you can give that up when your #2 and 3 are shit. I'd kill for a good WR!

Fuuuuuck. Lonestar has the Pats? And now he gets Burgess? And I get his shitty 3rd round, 31st pick? Damn it all!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Its more of an inside joke to be honest with you. We are both Giants fans and they came very near to trading for Edwards at the draft, as you know.

Striker

LJ11 said:
I knew I would get this response, I'm not hating. I'm just curious, because Striker has had this thing about trading Edwards for months. I just need to know the reasoning behind it. Not hating, just trying to figure it out. Even if what I said wasn't true, why would you trade a WR like him.

I see, you can do some interesting things on D to be quite honest. The more LB's and hybrid DE's you have, the better. There are a lot of nice defensive alignments in the Ravens/Jets/NE D books. I want to run a 3-4 too, but I think converting a couple of guys from DE to OLB will be difficult at the start, and finding a big DE will be difficult.
May be a mistake, but I tend to value defense over offense. Reading this guy's blog FMT posted a few days ago, he used the Browns in Franchise and coveted the ball to Braylon often. Good breaking tackles, catch in traffic, etc. Only if DM would rightfully trade Winslow back to the Dawg Pound, would everything be okay again! >:|

For those who have used a 3-4, is it effective as a 4-3? Shawn and FMT I know have used it with SF and DAL respectively.

And plus, I have faith in Robiskie! He'll be new Steve Smith 2.0 (Giants Smith, not the one who punches his teammates, though he would be good to have :p).

edit

and what he said :p

Still need defense though. I'll get rolled by any team with this group.

LJ11

I'm not feeling the 4-3 that much because I've used it for so many years, the 3-4 and Ryan (Jets/Ravens) schemes are pretty cool, and more importantly different.

Anyway, download the Madden Playbooks from http://www.maddentips.com/ check out the defenses and offenses. It's a big file, and kind of runs a bit slow on my laptop (it's 3 years old but has plenty of ram/2gigs), but it's worth checking out.

Rorschach

I don't have the personnel to run the 3-4. Hell, I barely have enough LBs for the 4-3 and I don't have a good nose tackle. I'll have to think about it in the off-season. If I want to change, I'll have to upgrade through draft and free agency.

[edit] Maybe I can start with Ellis at LB..forgot about him!

Striker

Rorschach said:
I don't have the personnel to run the 3-4. Hell, I barely have enough LBs for the 4-3 and I don't have a good nose tackle. I'll have to think about it in the off-season. If I want to change, I'll have to upgrade through draft and free agency.
Wouldn't Sands or Kelly be strong enough to handle the middle?

Ellis and, perhaps Sam Williams could be your outside pass-rushers, with Morrison and Howard inside.

Not sure how accurate, but I was scanning this to get a little more info. http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_...pipage=1&CPISortType=desc&CPIorderBy=POSITION

LJ11

I think I can move Mitchell inside with Poz, Maybin and this kid Ellis to OLB. It's funny because Ellis was brutal tonight, but he's decent in space and has good speed, kid would be a decent OLB in a 3-4, but he gets mauled with his hand down, which I also fear will happen to Maybin.

Schobel may or may not hold his own, Stroud's ok, but I need another end which I may have in Johnson (a hybrid DE/DT).

With all that said, Maybin and Ellis will probably be brutal in coverage, their awareness will be awful and I'll have a tough time covering receivers with them.

Rorschach

Striker said:
Wouldn't Sands or Kelly be strong enough to handle the middle?

Ellis and, perhaps Sam Williams could be your outside pass-rushers, with Morrison and Howard inside.

Not sure how accurate, but I was scanning this to get a little more info. http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_...pipage=1&CPISortType=desc&CPIorderBy=POSITION
Ratings are up at ESPN. While kelly is highly overrated, he doesn't have the strength or size for nose. I was actually thinking Sands lol. The problem is everyone is so fucking low in the ratings.

And yeah, Ellis to LB, but I'll have to see how much they downgrade him for switching to LB and how much they downgrade him for being a Raider. I'd keep Howard at OLB and put Morrison/Brown at ILB. It'd be a stretch, though. I'd probably wait 'till I was sure I had the FAs and picks for it. :p As a 4-3, the Raiders are actually not that bad...they're barely holding together. As 3-4, I'm not so sure. I'll have to experiment on Friday.

Striker

If I used a 3-4 and got a player like Kiwanuka, I think it just benefits the team more even with losing a premier player like Edwards.

OLB Wimbley and Kiwanuka, ILB Barton and Jackson

If I ran a 4-3, which may factor better (won't know until Friday), I would leave Kiwanuka at end and move Corey Williams back at tackle.

DL ??, Williams, Rogers, Kiwanuka -- LB Wimbley, Jackson, Barton

Not sure how Wimbley would factor in at DE, since he is a 78 right now at OLB. Kiwanuka is a 85 DE, but like I said before... not sure how he would rate as a OLB.

Striker

Rorschach said:
If only I had Haynesworth, Rogers, or Williams. :(
Based off that guy's blog, Rogers rating dips after Season 1. I'll need to find his youth replacement in FA/Draft, somehow...

A guy simmed his Lions Franchise and these players retired after Season 1:

Other notables around the league that retired: Matt Stover, Zach Thomas, Bobby Engram, Derrick Brooks, Rodney Harrison, Isaac Bruce, Walt Harris, Jeff Feagles, Marvin Harrison, Mushin Muhammed, Joey Galloway, Teddy Bruschi, Kevin Faulk, Jeff Garcia, Lorenzo Neal, Warrick Dunn
Most are expected, like Brooks, Harrison (lol), Feagles, Marvin Harrison...

FMT going to trade for Garcia and try to win the Super Bowl before he retires? :lol

Rorschach

Striker said:
Based off that guy's blog, Rogers rating dips after Season 1. I'll need to find his youth replacement in FA/Draft, somehow...

A guy simmed his Lions Franchise and these players retired after Season 1:

Most are expected, like Brooks, Harrison (lol), Feagles, Marvin Harrison...

FMT going to trade for Garcia and try to win the Super Bowl before he retires? :lol
Retirement and decline also depend on how well they do that season, so those players could extend their careers, but if he just simmed through the season, there's nothing to help that along. We won't have that problem with 32 players. :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Striker: If you need a DE over an OLB, we can talk about a package that would revolve around Canty.

If I had to point out anything that really bothers me from last year that came through this year it's that it still feels like some of the players are interchangeable and aside from the real superstars, it's hard to tell the difference between guys. I have an army of scrub receivers at my disposal and I think my passing game is better than it ever was. So far in all my games I count one pass that was just flat out dropped, and that was by the fourth guy on my depth chart (he might actually be fifth as some of my receivers were fatigued). Whatever. with the time my OL gives me I guess I can have any receivers out there, they have a hard time getting off of the bump, but I can usually sit back and wait it out. :lol

I've never been one to go through franchise mode, but I am debating doing it in preparation for the real deal whenever our league gets rolling. It just really sucks having to play the AI. :(

Striker

Wellington said:
Striker: If you need a DE over an OLB, we can talk about a package that would revolve around Canty.
I don't need a 3-4 DE. I have decent guys to fill that spot. A 4-3 DE is what I'd look for if I got a player like Kiwanuka. Hope FMT or Shawn fill in and let me know how a 3-4 is performing, and I'd toss that idea around. Problem is in a 3-4, I have one (average) pass-rusher. My other OLB is David Bowens! Heck, I rather trade for Chase Blackburn at that rate.

Maybe I can grab Shawne Merriroids if he is somehow cut after Season 1. :lol

daw840 said:
Does everyone already have this game? I looked at Target and Wal-Mart and they were still selling 09!

I don't have any mom and pop stores near me so I have to wait until Friday since all of the stores around here adhere to the street date.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
I already had that conversation and it seems like it's no use. :p I even tried to steer Edwards my way! I don't know how you can give that up when your #2 and 3 are shit. I'd kill for a good WR!

Fuuuuuck. Lonestar has the Pats? And now he gets Burgess? And I get his shitty 3rd round, 31st pick? Damn it all!

Really?

And the game is out/about out?

Really?

But, I have yet to be able to finish an NCAA game, and I'm about to leave from that league....

Hope for better results in Madden.

LJ11

You can really run a WC offense with this Madden, setup pick plays all day, quick read and boom. It's really fun actually, because you're reading the D and just throwing to the man based on the route vs coverage. You can really play games in the flats which opens up the middle, passing is fun.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LJ11 said:
You can really run a WC offense with this Madden, setup pick plays all day, quick read and boom. It's really fun actually, because you're reading the D and just throwing to the man based on the route vs coverage. You can really play games in the flats which opens up the middle, passing is fun.
This is both awesome and worrisome news.

Striker said:
I don't need a 3-4 DE. I have decent guys to fill that spot. A 4-3 DE is what I'd look for if I got a player like Kiwanuka. Hope FMT or Shawn fill in and let me know how a 3-4 is performing, and I'd toss that idea around. Problem is in a 3-4, I have one (average) pass-rusher. My other OLB is David Bowens! Heck, I rather trade for Chase Blackburn at that rate.

Maybe I can grab Shawne Merriroids if he is somehow cut after Season 1. :lol
Tagging this to make sure I give a thoughtful reply when I get home.

the 3-4 will never be as effective as it should be in madden until they develop offensive line double teaming. the 3-4 is built on the NT being able to draw a double team, freeing up blitzers and the ends. without this, it is difficult to generate pressure consistently. i'm not saying the 3-4 doesn't work in some situations or that you can't get pressure, but i think you'll find the 4-3 is better suited to the way madden plays.

p.s. in my franchise i have gotten plenty of sacks, with my leader being justin smith (6 sacks in 7 games, and he is a LE in the 3-4).

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Some of us did that last year. :3

Lonestar said:
Really?

And the game is out/about out?

Really?

But, I have yet to be able to finish an NCAA game, and I'm about to leave from that league....

Hope for better results in Madden.
NO, NOT REALLY! Take the Broncos!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the 3-4 will never be as effective as it should be in madden until they develop offensive line double teaming. the 3-4 is built on the NT being able to draw a double team, freeing up blitzers and the ends. without this, it is difficult to generate pressure consistently. i'm not saying the 3-4 doesn't work in some situations or that you can't get pressure, but i think you'll find the 4-3 is better suited to the way madden plays.

p.s. in my franchise i have gotten plenty of sacks, with my leader being justin smith (6 sacks in 7 games, and he is a LE in the 3-4).

you're not gonna draw double teams when you're jason ferguson so i am screwed either way :(

striker keep your options open if you plan on trading edwards. there are some people in the league that may pay a high price for someone of his talents!

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
striker keep your options open if you plan on trading edwards. there are some people in the league that may pay a high price for someone of his talents!
I've been scanning the teams who I know will need a WR or need dire help there, but also carry a good defense. ;)

No way I'll compete with the teams in the AFC North if not!

if michael crabtree weren't such a beast already in the game (and trust me he is!) then i would be interested. of course P-will would be off limits and so i wouldn't have shit else to offer :/

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
if michael crabtree weren't such a beast already in the game (and trust me he is!) then i would be interested. of course P-will would be off limits and so i wouldn't have shit else to offer :/

If Crabtree isn't signed in time - you can't use him. SIM league

i honestly feel bad for mrbob. i just played the bears and cutler has a GUN in the game, possibly better than mannings. but the receivers are so awful.... i played bump and run man to man for most of the game and suffered no consequences.

compare this with the game i had the week BEFORE, against the titans, when i was shredded by old man collins and a bunch of middle-of-the-road receivers, and you get the picture.

but don't feel too bad for him, apparently EA rated the bears defense from 2006, and not 2009, because they are a bitch.... even though i had like 180 yards with frank gore, i worked for all of it.

i also benched shaun hill in my franchise. to quote mike singletary, can't play with him, can't win with him! his fucking passes float so much i can't take it anymore. i put nate davis in with a bit better results. the short stuff hill is pretty good at but god damn i expect a deep throw to be made decently if i fake the D out with a PA pass.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i also benched shaun hill in my franchise. to quote mike singletary, can't play with him, can't win with him! his fucking passes float so much i can't take it anymore. i put nate davis in with a bit better results. the short stuff hill is pretty good at but god damn i expect a deep throw to be made decently if i fake the D out with a PA pass.

pat white for michael crabtree

ph33nix said:
pat white for michael crabtree

:lol

crabby is already an 84 in the game with awesome jumping skills. i can only imagine how unstoppable he will be in later seasons.... mmmmm

meanwhile DHB will be a nice punt returner for rors. DHB and his family that is!

but at least DHB is actually signed :(

CB3 said:
Maclin > Crabtree

Reggie Brown > Crabtree

lol maclin would be so lucky as to wear a beard made of crabbys pubes. he aint shit and neither is your boy reggie brown.

also, unrelated to that, the biggest bitch DEFENDER i've played in the game so far is keith bullock of the titans. motherfucker is all over the placing making tackles, getting picks, and causing fumbles! does he think he's P-will??

Top Bottom