• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ph33nix said:
If I remember right matrix is subbing for Denver? Can you play tonight assuming my internet comes back...it's been down for 24 hrs now :(

huh you remember wrong :lol I never said I was subbing for Denver. I have a bye this week and I'm enjoying it!

Mrbob

I should fill in just to destroy pheeniks again, but I still need to get my game in this week. :lol Plus I need that extra hour to try and finish darksiders before rpg of the gen mass effect 2 shows up and I ignore all other games.

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
I should fill in just to destroy pheeniks again, but I still need to get my game in this week. :lol Plus I need that extra hour to try and finish darksiders before rpg of the gen mass effect 2 shows up and I ignore all other games.

Well you tanking away your season saving the galaxy will probably help get CB into the playoffs!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheCrow said:
"glares" You know too much. -_-
That doesn't mean anything. With thanks to EA for allowing us to view every replay after online games we should all know each other's tricks by now.

That said I would love an opportunity to play against your franchise D. :D

Mrbob

I won't tank against the Giants though.

I still owe Wellington payback for the biggest sham of a madden game I ever played in our matchup last year!

Constant overthrows, 7 ints smh. I need redemption for that one.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Shots.

They have been fired.

outside_looking_in.jpg

CB at 3-3 and last in his division

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
I won't tank against the Giants though.

I still owe Wellington payback for the biggest sham of a madden game I ever played in our matchup last year!

Constant overthrows, 7 ints smh. I need redemption for that one.
You're gonna get fucking sodomized dude. You better hope my work schedule (which allows me to post on GAF all day!) doesn't settle down.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Rorschach said:
It's a crapshoot. We have no idea what progression is based on. It's not based purely on potential because we've had C and D guys get 6 point upgrades. It's not based on stats because we've had guys with great stats get nothing and guys with shit stats get big boosts. It's not starts or snaps because we've had guys with 0 snaps get 6 point upgrades and full starters get nothing. It's not preset because each league we've started has had different outcomes for each player. The Raiders in our Dummy league are way different from the Raiders in this league.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this shit.

There is no rhyme or reason unless you buy the DLC to force it. People with D potential will go up. People who have terrible seasons will go up. Young players with A or B potential who have great years will stay the same or go up one point. Like many things in this game, it is a mystery and seemingly random how it works. Maybe in Madden 11 it will actually make sense. I doubt it though.

I am only posting in this thread because I just finished Mass Effect, going to jump into ME2 in a few hours.

Bob, when do you want to get this bullshit game out of the way?

DCX

DCX
dskillzhtown said:
There is no rhyme or reason unless you buy the DLC to force it. People with D potential will go up. People who have terrible seasons will go up. Young players with A or B potential who have great years will stay the same or go up one point. Like many things in this game, it is a mystery and seemingly random how it works. Maybe in Madden 11 it will actually make sense. I doubt it though.

I am only posting in this thread because I just finished Mass Effect, going to jump into ME2 in a few hours.

Bob, when do you want to get this bullshit game out of the way?
Well, Ea mentioned that there will be busts and gems. So maybe some A pot will be busts and some Ds maybe could be gems.

DCX

LiveWire

Somnia, I'm ready anytime tonight. I think you mentioned around 8PM Eastern, so if I don't see you before I'll check back then. Thanks!

AirBrian

Nightz said:
I think AB knows which free agents he has to pick up, he just needs to sign back in to the league.

Edit: Oh snap, with Ramirez losing, I'll be in sole possession of first place in the AFCN. Rors, do some power rankings before I go 0-8 the rest of the way! :lol
Yeah, jerks! I just have to sign back in after getting hosed last week.

Rorschach said:
Just have DM assign him to the team along with his other FA.
...which was supposed to be done when I was gone.

Thanks to Nightz I at least know who I had to sign.

Rorschach

:lol I think Airbrian is going to end up hating everyone. Hang in there, Air!

sableholic said:
Also rors you have the saints ranked too high :)
What do you mean by too high? Do you mean the number next to the Saints is too high and should be <5 or >5? Keep in mind those are old!

Rorschach

New Rankings. No comments.

1. Broncos
  2. Bills
  3. Saints
  4. Raiders
  5. Colts
  6. Packers
  7. Cowboys
  8. Bengals
  9. Steelers
  10. Giants
  11. Falcons
  12. Browns
  13. Redskins
  14. Ravens
  15. Cards
  16. Eagles
  17. 49ers
  18. Chargers
  19. Texans
  20. Vikings
  21. Buccaneers
  22. Patriots
  23. Bears
  24. Dolhins
  25. Lions
  26. Seahawks
  27. Jags
  28. Jets
  29. Panthers
  30. Rams
  31. Tits
  32. Chiefs

Rorschach said:
:lol I think Airbrian is going to end up hating everyone. Hang in there, Air!

What do you mean by too high? Do you mean the number next to the Saints is too high and should be <5 or >5? Keep in mind those are old!

too high as in I should be lower than 5 i'm thinking like 10 :)

GCQuinton said:
GG sable. As if I needed another reason to think I'm just cursed, this game gave it to me :lol

Yea man that shit was insane. I've never seen anything like it. I had four turnovers and put myself in a awful situation.

I score to bring it within 5 with a minute and 20 or so left I think. I then attempt a onside kick which of course i dont recover. GCQ then managed to get a fg and leave me with only 20 seconds left. I had pretty much given up at that point.

Anyways he kicks it deep I bring it out with Grimes thinking whhat the helll and bam go untouched for a td. End up just barely getting the 2 pt conversion and off to OT.

He wins the cointoss
and i get him to like 3rd and 5 or something like that, end up getting a taint with Watts. Insane

Matrix said:
Ok so I got a pm from Airbrian asking me if we could play Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Fmt, told me play Pheeniks.

I had Pm'ed AB right after the league advanced and he finally got back to me today, but seriously whats the deal?

Break down of communication between AB and FMT?

Oh shit for some reason I thought this referred to my game with Denver :lol

Ramirez

Wellington said:
I'm going to get whooped by FMT whenever we play. I haven't played a game since the league game last Friday. :lol :(

G. Girley 11 Receptions, 133 yards, 1 TD, 64 yards long

Holy crap. :lol

I'd say that 10 receptions for 69 yards is pretty good flats coverage Ramirez. Did he catch you on a blitz with the 64 yarder? Cheer up pal.

Yea, the one time I all out blitzed it of course found its way to Girley. 5 of those 11 came on the last drive, oh well.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
New Rankings. No comments.

1. Broncos
  2. Bills
  3. Saints
  4. Raiders
  5. Colts
  6. Packers
  7. Cowboys
  8. Bengals
  9. Steelers
  10. Giants
  11. Falcons
  12. Browns
  13. Redskins
  14. Ravens
  15. Cards
  16. Eagles
  17. 49ers
  18. Chargers
  19. Texans
  20. Vikings
  21. Buccaneers
  22. Patriots
  23. Bears
  24. Dolhins
  25. Lions
  26. Seahawks
  27. Jags
  28. Jets
  29. Panthers
  30. Rams
  31. Tits
  32. Chiefs
Are these the rankings from the iPhone app ? I ask because I'm #26 according to it.

LiveWire

bluemax said:
Are these the rankings from the iPhone app ? I ask because I'm #26 according to it.

Seems like he took the iPhone rankings and adjusted according to his own bias. I'm surprised he didn't drop the Redskins lower than #13 (I'm #12 according to Madden).

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Seems like he took the iPhone rankings and adjusted according to his own bias. I'm surprised he didn't drop the Redskins lower than #13 (I'm #12 according to Madden).
Crymoar they're based on last week's, the games played for the week, and the stats.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
There's only two things to be said about that game:

1) My third straight rain game, without rain in my current location.

2) The game wanted FMT to win.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Wait... unless I am wrong and it's not based on the current weather in your location!
It's not. It's predetermined based on what they decided the weather is going to be on that day in NY (oct 2011). If you start the game 3 times, you should get rain all 3 times.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
It's not. It's predetermined based on what they decided the weather is going to be on that day in NY (oct 2011). If you start the game 3 times, you should get rain all 3 times.
So wtf at all these rain games. :|

LiveWire said:
Its rors rankings, nothing to do with ea. Complaining is the reason he stopped doing them before so I wish people wouldn't complain.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
Its rors rankings, nothing to do with ea. Complaining is the reason he stopped doing them before so I wish people wouldn't complain.
Also, it's week EIGHT. 5 of the top ten teams will drop (starting with the Giants as predicted!)

Rorschach

I don't mind if people complain. I took out the comments so they wouldn't be insulted or whatever. I would just prefer I not be accused of things.

I saved the stats right after the week advanced so I could use the right ones and not have the current crop of games interfere. I think I got the right stats.

Wellington said:
So wtf at all these rain games. :|
I blame El Niño!

owait that's a Pacific thing...

I blame Poseidon!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I don't mind if people complain. I took out the comments so they wouldn't be insulted or whatever. I would just prefer I not be accused of things.

I saved the stats right after the week advanced so I could use the right ones and not have the current crop of games interfere. I think I got the right stats.

I blame El Niño!

I blame Poseidon!
29porup.jpg

Smokey

:lol at people getting offended by the rankings/comments

some of you need some thicker skin and get that sand out while you're at it.

jack english is a bad weather qb! truthfully wellington could have (and probably should have) won that game. i threw 3 really bad balls that should've been picked and weren't. the weather was awful. not only was it raining, but 10 mph wind. i had a 33 yard FG BARELY get over the cross bar.

oh, then gore goes out for 10 weeks on the 4th play of the game or so. another season without frank :(

guess i'll just have to ride on the wings of english from now on! also crow i love eddie royal <3333

niners win and cards lose? mmmmm

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FMT you see how I giveth.... and giveth some more!? Lost to Astro then purposely lost to you. I hope you appreciate the gift brother!

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:

I blame El Niño!

I blame Poseidon!
I just wanted to know the methodology. Nothing more.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
I just wanted to know the methodology. Nothing more.
Nah, you were just posing a question. No harm done. To answer it, no I don't own an iPhone. Didn't even know iPhone did rankings since the website and console don't. -_-

Top Bottom