• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

Wellington said:
WTF, Broncos aren't even on the entire list. Anyone else see that?
:lol Fail.

Or maybe they have surpassed us all!!

2i78n89.jpg

DMczaf

Another 1 score loss, this time by 1 pt. I don't know if it's on purpose or coincidence now.

I'd rather get blown out by 40 pts then continuing to get these 1 score losses.

bluemax

Banned
DMczaf said:
Another 1 score loss, this time by 1 pt. I don't know if it's on purpose or coincidence now.

As the king of last second losses let me just say I prefer losing close to getting blown out. Getting shut down and blown out just makes for a boring hour. Losing by one score at least means the game was interesting.

BigAT

Crazy game DM. I thought I was done for after I threw that interception at the end, thankfully Collins was able to make a nice pick and runback of his own to set me up in a nice position. A lot more turnovers than I think either of us are used to committing.

I was glad to see Freeman go down for the game, I don't know if I could have dealt with his runs for four quarters.

Somnia

GG Live...really started off with pure defense. I thought we we're going to be a very low scoring game based off the first quarter. Thankfully my defense didn't give up till the very end with your final TD. However your defense still held me in check a good chunk of the time I just got a good pass to Roy Williams and then Barber took over for me on offense. Look forward to the next one!

almost had me pheeniks! fucking kelly james makes some bullcrap throws on the run :lol

and i wish i had antwan barnes on my team. 4 sack game for barney! and i think he put ronnie brown out for 8 weeks with a hip injury

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
and i wish i had antwan barnes on my team. 4 sack game for barney! and i think he put ronnie brown out for 8 weeks with a hip injury

I think I traded him for Jabar Gafney in season 1. :lol

LiveWire

Somnia said:
GG Live...really started off with pure defense. I thought we we're going to be a very low scoring game based off the first quarter. Thankfully my defense didn't give up till the very end with your final TD. However your defense still held me in check a good chunk of the time I just got a good pass to Roy Williams and then Barber took over for me on offense. Look forward to the next one!

gg. The early pick six by Newman was the game for me. Just before that play, after a punt fest for most of the first quarter, Hall picks off Romo so quickly I couldn't react fast enough maneuver him for a pick six even though he had a lane. And then the follow-up pick when I try to just throw the ball away with nobody open, Newman jumps it and that's all she wrote. Maybe next year Tiburon can just put in a "lay-down-and-take-a-sack button," cause trying to put it in the air against elite defenses is pick pick pick pick. :/

Fifty

Bleh, I guess you can sim my game against Lonestar when the week advances. He couldn't play yesterday, today or tomorrow and I can't play on Friday night. It'd suck to lose in a sim even though I was able to play many more days than he was, but hey whatever.

Nightz

Fifty said:
Bleh, I guess you can sim my game against Lonestar when the week advances. He couldn't play yesterday, today or tomorrow and I can't play on Friday night. It'd suck to lose in a sim even though I was able to play many more days than he was, but hey whatever.
He's on the PS3 playing MAG. :lol

Fifty

Wow. Well he hasn't been on XBL in 4 days, isn't on AIM or GAF...Honestly, I'm done being even somewhat nice. I'm pissed off. The biggest accomplishment Lonestar can brag about in this league is getting me to give up on it.

PBY

Banned
Fifty said:
Wow. Well he hasn't been on XBL in 4 days, isn't on AIM or GAF...Honestly, I'm done being even somewhat nice. I'm pissed off. The biggest accomplishment Lonestar can brag about in this league is getting me to give up on it.
I feel like you're always angry. I know I just joined the league/don't know you... but I'm kind of scared of you:lol

and here come the youtube dog vids!

p.s. fifty if he doesn't play you tomorrow i will give the game against the CPU. did you guys talk about saturday or is that a no-go too?

Fifty

Yeah...I have been annoyed recently. But in 'real life' I'm in a much better mood than I was in seasons past. I think it's because I value other things in my life more than I did before, so when I do dedicate time to the league I expect others to have the same level of commitment that I do--or did. You seem like a nice guy, Peterboy, so I apologize for giving you so much shit. It was all done in the interest of getting you involved though.

It's one thing to spend every day checking the thread, hoping your opponent can play, but when you find out that the reason they can't tonight, and thus expect you to play on Friday night/saturday afternoon, is because they're playing another game..that really ticks me off.

edit: FMT, I'd rather have realistic stats and a regular game as opposed to a blowout. So no CPU game is needed. If he wins the sim, so be it.

Fifty said:
Yeah...I have been annoyed recently. But in 'real life' I'm in a much better mood than I was in seasons past. I think it's because I value other things in my life more than I did before, so when I do dedicate time to the league I expect others to have the same level of commitment that I do--or did. You seem like a nice guy, Peterboy, so I apologize for giving you so much shit. It was all done in the interest of getting you involved though.

It's one thing to spend every day checking the thread, hoping your opponent can play, but when you find out that the reason they can't tonight, and thus expect you to play on Friday night/saturday afternoon, is because they're playing another game..that really ticks me off.

edit: FMT, I'd rather have realistic stats and a regular game as opposed to a blowout. So no CPU game is needed. If he wins the sim, so be it.

well we can have a fill-in if needed!

if you truly want it simmed thats fine, but there are other problem solvers we can use!

and i think you have just had the worst luck early in the season with people being without an xbox, or on business, or not available because of weather, or whatever it is but it's been bad luck for you!

dont worry fifty, i'm on your schedule this season and i will play you the minute it advances.... unless it's during my 2 weeks in san diego for work :/ i'm going to take my 360 and hope i can get it hooked up!

astro or anyone else who has recently stayed in a hotel, did it have standard a/v inputs or was it RF connection or what?

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well we can have a fill-in if needed!

if you truly want it simmed thats fine, but there are other problem solvers we can use!

and i think you have just had the worst luck early in the season with people being without an xbox, or on business, or not available because of weather, or whatever it is but it's been bad luck for you!

dont worry fifty, i'm on your schedule this season and i will play you the minute it advances.... unless it's during my 2 weeks in san diego for work :/ i'm going to take my 360 and hope i can get it hooked up!

astro or anyone else who has recently stayed in a hotel, did it have standard a/v inputs or was it RF connection or what?

Depends on the hotel probably. I stayed at an extended stay suites place and the TVs only had RF adapters. I picked up an adapter from Gamestop for $15 and returned it before the 7 days were up. It was absolutely terrible for playing my game, I couldn't see half the field.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Can't get away for a few days around here...It's only just now Thursday!

We can try tomorrow before 7 pm cst, or sometime after say 10 pm cst. You can have someone take my place to play. Whatever you want to do.

I'm sorry that another game isn't cheers, business trips, vacations, swinger parties, comas 's etc etc etc

I'm not on aim, as just like madden, MAG doesn't want to work without being direct connected. So I'm blind to what's going on here.

If Luke wants to play him now that's good.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DMczaf said:

Don't worry, you will beat the Lions by 20 most likely.

Ramirez

Fifty said:

Cheer up buttercup.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
Depends where you are going. All four of the hotels I stayed at had inputs. Three had HDMI, and one had component but only the composite would work. Most hotels have those wacky hotelnet systems with the menus and stuff, but they now allow for connections generally through that system. Just bring your AV Cable and maybe an HDMI in case. The trickier part is actually getting on live. If they have free internet that doesn't require accepting a TOS then that's easy. But very very few do. So what you actually have to do is sign up (and pay, though I presume your work will cover Internet for your laptop if you are there on business) through your computer, get your network adapter's MAC address, and then put that MAC address into your 360. Then you are basically sharing that connection so just disconnect your laptop from the network and get onto Live.

AirBrian

Rorschach said:
:lol I think Airbrian is going to end up hating everyone. Hang in there, Air!

What do you mean by too high? Do you mean the number next to the Saints is too high and should be <5 or >5? Keep in mind those are old!
:lol I'm trying!

Titans-Jags should get done tonight.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fuck as the Giants I could be screwed out of a playoff spot if I tie with the Cowboys, Bears, Eagles, Buccaneers, Falcons, Cardinals, or Forty-Niners. I will have to get serious and unleash hell* for the rest of the season to even make it to the tournament.

I need to sit down and work on my D. It is terrible!

*And by unleash hell I mean win a game here or there, not what Tomlin and the Steelers did.

daw840

Wellington said:
Fuck as the Giants I could be screwed out of a playoff spot if I tie with the Cowboys, Bears, Eagles, Buccaneers, Falcons, Cardinals, or Forty-Niners. I will have to get serious and unleash hell* for the rest of the season to even make it to the tournament.

I need to sit down and work on my D. It is terrible!

*And by unleash hell I mean win a game here or there, not what Tomlin and the Steelers did.

I don't want to hear you whining damnit. I am the Vikings

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
I don't want to hear you whining damnit. I am the Vikings
You have Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin, Vincent Jackson, Santana Moss, James Farrior, and the best DLine in the league. Sorry if I don't feel bad for you and your merry band of all-stars.

daw840

Wellington said:
You have Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin, Vincent Jackson, Santana Moss, James Farrior, and the best DLine in the league. Sorry if I don't feel bad for you and your merry band of all-stars.

:lol

:( And somehow I still don't win....

Rorschach

Simmed games have stats just as ridiculous as cpu games. Some dude like Urlacher will have 20 tackles and some chump like Hester will have 200 yards receiving.

storybook77 said:
The Steelers unleashed hell on their fans and also NeoGAF by way of Harson. :lol
Such an awesome collapse.

peterb0y said:
I feel like you're always angry. I know I just joined the league/don't know you... but I'm kind of scared of you:lol
:lol

Wellington said:
Eh. Some of us have already been screwed by that shitty tie breaker. It's your turn to suffer. ;)

G isn't so bad. R means I'm behind every possible WC contender and everyone in my division. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
G isn't so bad. R means I'm behind every possible WC contender and everyone in my division. :(
I know but I am not used to the NFC being competitive. The formula that has worked for the past two years:

Someone in my division gets 13+ wins. I get 11 or 12, lose the division, finish above most other division winners, get #5 spot.

My biggest problem right now is that all of a sudden I can't stop the pass. I can't check but I know I have to be bottom five in the league in pass D. It's not that I miss Aaron Ross either, because I was four deep in corners anyway and I got a really good one in the third round, it's my playcalling. Not enough blitzing!

PBY

Banned
im in class from now til 530.... the class is on post-civil rights americzzzzzzzz... anyone wanna play monopoly?

Nightz

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Which part of San Diego are you going to?

Wellington said:
Official NFL Topics week 1-16 2007-2009 seasons and the playoff topics.

Done!

Thats a lot of work. I'm sure I've seen most of his posts, but didn't see any major breakdown really. Thought there was one particular moment we were talking about. Although I didn't read the last week or so of the season. Also what part of lazy equates to looking through 16 huge threads?

Top Bottom