• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Fifty

CB3 said:
Clearly Airbrian doesnt want Al Harris. im this close to taking him myself. isnt it like week 7 already

His #2 CB is rated 72! :lol :lol He needs Al Harris more than anyone..which is why I signed him for the Titans when Airbrian wasn't around. It's not that he doesn't want him, I'm sure..but rather that he just doesn't know what's going on.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
They're both on the same page.
Covering all my bases. 50 posts is the standard, so it's best to assume other posters are using it unless told otherwise. Most links to other threads use the 50 post standard...which may be confusing to you 100 post suckas! It's the only reason I don't use 100.

DCX

DCX
TheCrow said:
Unfortunately, I'll be needing another sub. If you are not going to do it anymore, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to play my games. I'm grateful to anyone who ends up subing for me.

I might be able to play in a couple of weeks. Sadly this is still the first topic I check whenever I am online.
Hey man if anyone should sub, it should be me, i'm on a bye :(

DCX

Striker said:
Saints, Al Harris (should be) is a Titan. AirBrian, pick up your damn FA's!
Doh my bad, just was looking through them last night. Makes sense since he's rated so high

Edit:
Forgot to do this this morning, can a commish just assign him from my team? If not ill do it when I get home tonight.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm going to get whooped by FMT whenever we play. I haven't played a game since the league game last Friday. :lol :(

Luke said:
Blame Rors, he killed MJD :(

G. Girley 11 Receptions, 133 yards, 1 TD, 64 yards long

Holy crap. :lol

I'd say that 10 receptions for 69 yards is pretty good flats coverage Ramirez. Did he catch you on a blitz with the 64 yarder? Cheer up pal.

Nightz

I think AB knows which free agents he has to pick up, he just needs to sign back in to the league.

Edit: Oh snap, with Ramirez losing, I'll be in sole possession of first place in the AFCN. Rors, do some power rankings before I go 0-8 the rest of the way! :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz said:
I think AB knows which free agents he has to pick up, he just needs to sign back in to the league.

Edit: Oh snap, with Ramirez losing, I'll be in sole possession of first place in the AFCN. Rors, do some power rankings before I go 0-8 the rest of the way! :lol
You have a tough road to hoe in the second half of the season, but think about it, as the Bengals you have the inside track into the playoffs!

Nightz

Wellington said:
You have a tough road to hoe in the second half of the season, but think about it, as the Bengals you have the inside track into the playoffs!
Yeah I definitely have some tough hoes on my schedule. :lol Fifty and Ramirez twice each, Smokey, Birdman, Denog and AirBrian, all of which I've lost to at some point in this year's league or last year's. Like I said before, if I make an 8-8 season I'll be happy. I honestly don't expect to win the division since Ram and Fifty are much better players than me, so I'm not putting any pressure on myself!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz said:
Yeah I definitely have some tough hoes on my schedule. :lol Fifty and Ramirez twice each, Smokey, Birdman, Denog and AirBrian, all of which I've lost to at some point in this year's league or last year's. Like I said before, if I make an 8-8 season I'll be happy. I honestly don't expect to win the division since Ram and Fifty are much better players than me, so I'm not putting any pressure on myself!
It's not that they are better players, the game just wants them to win more than their opponents. :D

Rorschach

Nightz said:

I did some rankings last week, but was too lazy and apathetic to post. Here were they are without the comments:

1. Broncos
  2. Bills
  3. Packers
  4. Colts
  5. Saints
  6. Raiders
  7. Cowboys
  8. Bengals
  9. Steelers
  10. Cards
  11. Ravens
  12. Eagles
  13. Browns
  14. Falcons
  15. Giants
  16. Redskins
  17. 9ers
  18. Pats
  19. Bucs
  20. Texans
  21. Vikings
  22. Chargers
  23. Dolphins
  24. Lions
  25. Seahawks
  26. Bears
  27. Jaguars
  28. Jets
  29. Panthers
  30. Rams
  31. Titans
  32. Chiefs

Remember, those are for last week! Interestingly, the Raiders and Broncos lead the league in top 5 placements in the various team stat categories. The Raiders had 6 and the Broncos had 5. Also, the worst defenses just so happen to be the lowest teams. I guess pure offense doesn't cut it anymore!

I'll post the new ones this evening.*

*If I feel like doing them! ;)

Nightz

Wellington said:
It's not that they are better players, the game just wants them to win more than their opponents. :D
john-madden.jpg

The hand of Madden is upon them.

Edit: Thanks for the rankings Rors! All four AFC North teams in the top 13. :D

If I remember right matrix is subbing for Denver? Can you play tonight assuming my internet comes back...it's been down for 24 hrs now :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sucks having to play 5 of the top 7 teams. I'm not sure that 18th is low enough for my record, but then again I am better than the Redskins. That's one thing I know is correct.

Rorschach

Alright Peterboy. Heading on. Guess I'm gonna try a new defensive scheme without testing it. Hope I don't get run all over by your boy!

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
I'm going to get whooped by FMT whenever we play. I haven't played a game since the league game last Friday. :lol :(

G. Girley 11 Receptions, 133 yards, 1 TD, 64 yards long

Holy crap. :lol

I'd say that 10 receptions for 69 yards is pretty good flats coverage Ramirez. Did he catch you on a blitz with the 64 yarder? Cheer up pal.

I sure did. He brought 8, I had checked Girley out of a blue route to a flats run and a dump off over the middle to Tamme.

Mrbob

I really hope snaps played is a big factor for player development. I have two rookies starting right now on my offensive line, with a rookie fb and also a young DT I'm starting. I could be playing higher rated vets in their place but I'm hoping playing these guys now develop them for the future.

bluemax

Banned
Lonestar said:
Sucks having to play 5 of the top 7 teams. I'm not sure that 18th is low enough for my record, but then again I am better than the Redskins. That's one thing I know is correct.

I played 8-11 in almost consecutive games. Seems like my schedule is brutal every season.

Mrbob said:
I really hope snaps played is a big factor for player development. I have two rookies starting right now on my offensive line, with a rookie fb and also a young DT I'm starting. I could be playing higher rated vets in their place but I'm hoping playing these guys now develop them for the future.

The only stat that matters is Potential.

Nightz

Mrbob said:
I had a C-potential DT who went up 6 points in the offseason without playing a single snap last season. Take that for what you will, as it's only one guy who went from a low rating to a less low rating.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
1-2 seasons too late...?

Rorschach

Thanks for getting the game out of the way so early, Peterboy. GG.

Sorry I had to unleash that rush defense against you. :p That scheme is amazing against the run...not so much against the pass, but I guess I'll have to take it.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Thanks for getting the game out of the way so early, Peterboy. GG.

Sorry I had to unleash that rush defense against you. :p That scheme is amazing against the run...not so much against the pass, but I guess I'll have to take it.

You should have the top ranked D now in terms of yardage. I can't check at work anymore because of some unexplainable phenomenon :(

Mrbob

Wellington said:
1-2 seasons too late...?

No my two starters are a couple years older now and could retire....bringing in new blood as replacements.

Looking at a couple players going up and down for my team over last season, my theory is snaps played is a role in development. Gonna put it to the test.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
No my two starters are a couple years older now and could retire....bringing in new blood as replacements.

Looking at a couple players going up and down for my team over last season, my theory is snaps played is a role in development. Gonna put it to the test.
It's a crapshoot. We have no idea what progression is based on. It's not based purely on potential because we've had C and D guys get 6 point upgrades. It's not based on stats because we've had guys with great stats get nothing and guys with shit stats get big boosts. It's not starts or snaps because we've had guys with 0 snaps get 6 point upgrades and full starters get nothing. It's not preset because each league we've started has had different outcomes for each player. The Raiders in our Dummy league are way different from the Raiders in this league.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this shit.

TheCrow

DCX said:
Hey man if anyone should sub, it should be me, i'm on a bye :(

DCX

I wouldn't have a problem with you subbing for me :). It just depends on whoever is available to play when pheeniks can. I'm curious to see who will be in control when the broncos lose their first game.
I will never forgive you... NEVER >:\

Edit: Thanks for the rankings, Rors. I <3 Rankings :3

Rorschach said:
It's a crapshoot. We have no idea what progression is based on. It's not based purely on potential because we've had C and D guys get 6 point upgrades. It's not based on stats because we've had guys with great stats get nothing and guys with shit stats get big boosts. It's not starts or snaps because we've had guys with 0 snaps get 6 point upgrades and full starters get nothing. It's not preset because each league we've started has had different outcomes for each player. The Raiders in our Dummy league are way different from the Raiders in this league.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this shit.

this. I have A potential players who have gone nowhere, so its not that its just random. Also rors you have the saints ranked too high :) Thanks again for the rankings look forward to the next ones.

GCQ can you play tonight? Edit: Nevermind saw your pm.

daw840

TheCrow said:
Sure, go ahead. :p Interesting thread you started in OT... Yeah, I think interesting is the word I was looking for. :D

I like getting people all riled up sometimes....it's fun

edit: Plus, I am REALLY bored at work and I thought this would prove to be some fun

Top Bottom