• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LiveWire said:
I was more impressed with the first 3 hours of Dragon Age than I was with Mass Effect. And I was really hyped for ME, and not at all for DA. Strange. Maybe it was the well-done origin stories. I think Bioware may be getting a little too formulaic with their RPGs though, despite my enjoyment of DA and KOTOR.

And daw, evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb! :lol I always go evil the first time through.

:D

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
I was more impressed with the first 3 hours of Dragon Age than I was with Mass Effect. And I was really hyped for ME, and not at all for DA. Strange. Maybe it was the well-done origin stories. I think Bioware may be getting a little too formulaic with their RPGs though, despite my enjoyment of DA and KOTOR.

And daw, evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb! :lol I always go evil the first time through.

The problem is that the first 3 hours of DA is the best part and everything after is the boring slog part of a Bioware game, town->conversation tree->crappy dungeon->town etc. The characters also seem to be a lot more long winded too.

ME2 has better pacing, aside from the fuck awful planet scanning shit. Still despite how awful that is, the side missions are a whole lot better than on the first game so far. I don't particularly like how the Call of Dutied the RPG elements but the overall experience is so good that I don't mind.

Also on the Good vs Evil thing. I played ME1 all the way through as good because I'm lame an always do that the first time on these games but I started a second character, female, who I went rogue with and I have to admit that on a second play through it was gratifying to go around and tell annoying people to just shut up and let me do my job. I felt like some kind of female space Jack Bauer.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well I don't really play too many games anymore so I doubt I'll get into Dragon Age, even tho the commercial looks amazing. I didn't even finish CoD: MW2. My queue right now is ME - Batman: AA - ME2. I've had Batman for like 2 months now and haven't dug in. :lol

Shit I also never even touched Halo ODST and barely got into L4D2. I'm just never going to buy a new game unless it's another Halo, Half Life, or Madden. Just going to buy all games used whenever I get to them.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Mass Effect 2 is better than batman. and thats coming from a batman fan.

3050354749_8d2ce85f29_o.gif

TheCrow

Smokey said:
Batman is not THAT good.

It was just the first decent Batman game so all the Batman fanboys went crazy over it.

I would agree with this. Batman is a really good game but Mass Effect is a great game. Definitely play Batman but I would say finish the Mass Effects first.

LiveWire said:
You all must love lesbian space alien sex, that's the only reason I can think of for you liking Mass Effect over Batman.

WTF is this shit?!?! I loved Batman but Mass Effect 2 owns my soul at the moment. It's the only game recently to make me stay up way too late and be zombie like the next day at work.

Smokey

Forget Batman...the decision to watch the LOST 5 minute promo for s6 or not is making the veins in my neck hurt as well as my stomach curl.

I cannot bend to the pressure or desire. I can't..but I have the youtube video open in a tab and I WANT TO DO IT

:(

Smokey said:
Forget Batman...the decision to watch the LOST 5 minute promo for s6 or not is making the veins in my neck hurt as well as my stomach curl.

I cannot bend to the pressure or desire. I can't..but I have the youtube video open in a tab and I WANT TO DO IT

Only 1 day left man, you can make it!!!! This will be the first season since one that I will be going in spoiler free.

PBY

Banned
Smokey said:

dont do it man!

Smokey

storybook77 said:
Only 1 day left man, you can make it!!!! This will be the first season since one that I will be going in spoiler free.

I am trying. Very hard. But in the S6 thread in the OT the last page is full of
omgomomgomgomgomgogmomg
and "this is so awesome" etc etc and I'm almost at my breaking point :(

This wouldn't be so bad if "The Incident" didn't end like it did. When the flash happened I sat there and said "wat" over and over and the painful wait until this day began.

Smokey

TheCrow said:
Am I the only one here who never was interested in Lost.
I miss The Shield :(

I was never into it.

I got Netflix and this past summer and was always a Lost hater until I decided to sit down and stream it.

andddddd then I became hooked and watched Seasons 1-5 in like a 2 week span.

Nightz

TheCrow said:
I'm with you man. I wanted to watch it when it first came out and I told myself that I would try to catch up, but looking at it now and seeing how much time I would have to devote to watching 5 seasons, I just can't do it.

PBY

Banned
Nightz said:
I'm with you man. I wanted to watch it when it first came out and I told myself that I would try to catch up, but looking at it now and seeing how much time I would have to devote to watching 5 seasons, I just can't do it.
You should definitely watch it (judging by your avatar you have good taste in TV :D ) just buy the dvds and chip away at it slowly-

LiveWire

CB3 said:
CK you can listen to us or listen to the madden league version of Al Davis

That hurts man. Dan Snyder, OK. Mike Lynn, fine. But Al Davis? That's just wrong. :(

Smokey: Just watch the clip, it's not that big a deal. I saw it and it hasn't dampened my enthusiasm for tomorrow night. It doesn't really reveal much anyway, just is an interesting setup.

TheCrow

Smokey said:
I was never into it.

I got Netflix and this past summer and was always a LOST hater until I decided to sit down and stream it.

hmmm I could do that. I'll need to see if all of the seasons are still up on Netflix. But then I would only add it to my list of things to do.

1. Finish Tales of Monkey Island + other games
damn you $2 steam sales
2. Catch up on Deadpool and The Walking Dead
3. Prestige in MW2
4. Watch Lost. maybe
5. oh yeah and get good grades this semester.

Damn, I need to set my priorities straight. :/

Edit: Fuck, I forgot that I still have to get Mass Effect 2. Whenever it drops to <$50, I'm looking at you Amazon. Please.

Smokey

LiveWire said:
Smokey: Just watch the clip, it's not that big a deal. I saw it and it hasn't dampened my enthusiasm for tomorrow night. It doesn't really reveal much anyway, just is an interesting setup.

Does it give away what happened?

Crow said:
Originally Posted by Smokey:
I was never into it.

I got Netflix and this past summer and was always a LOST hater until I decided to sit down and stream it.

hmmm I could do that. I'll need to see if all of the seasons are still up on Netflix. But then I would only add it to my list of things to do.

1. Finish Tales of Monkey Island + other games damn you $2 steam sales
3. Prestige in MW2
4. Watch Lost. maybe

Yes seasons 1-5 are all up on Netflix. And in HD too.

Do it. I'd say within the first 3 episodes you'll be hooked.

daw840

TheCrow said:

damn you $2 steam sales
3. Prestige in MW2
4. Watch Lost. maybe

Edit: Fuck, I forgot that I still have to get Mass Effect 2. Whenever it drops to <$50, I'm looking at you Amazon. Please.

I love how grades in school is the last thing on the priority list.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheCrow said:

damn you $2 steam sales
3. Prestige in MW2
4. Watch Lost. maybe

Definitely. You forgot to put down to have your subs repeat as SB champs.

Smokey

Crow said:

I got ME2 from Gamefly for $43.

Just sayin'

Wellington said:
Definitely. You forgot to put down to have your subs repeat as SB champs.

lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What's the next big game on the horizon after ME2? Isn't March chock full of games or was that a one off thing for the Dreamcast in March of 2000 (best month ever for videogames).

This will be a nice way to ween myself off of the hours spent on FB and GAF. :lol

Smokey

Wellington said:
What's the next big game on the horizon after ME2? Isn't March chock full of games or was that a one off thing for the Dreamcast in March of 2000 (best month ever for videogames).

This will be a nice way to ween myself off of the hours spent on FB and GAF. :lol

Bioshock 2 Feb 9th

wait..

that's next week

:O

Nightz

Wellington said:

Off the top of my head, some games coming out in the next couple of months...

Bioshock 2
MLB 10 The Show
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Final Fantasy XIII
God of War 3

peterb0y said:
You should definitely watch it (judging by your avatar you have good taste in TV :D ) just buy the dvds and chip away at it slowly-
Haha well the thing with me is I don't watch much TV these days since I'd rather spend my time gaming. I only really watch Chuck and The Office. Because of work and busy weekends I don't have enough time to play games as it is, and watching Lost would be a big time eater. I can't just chip away at a series either...I always end up sitting and watching a few episodes at a time if I get into it. I remember sitting down on one of my days off with the Chuck season 1 blu-ray saying I would only watch the first episode. I ended up spending the whole day watching it and finished the entire first season at 1 am that night. :lol

Birdman02

I'm looking for the Madden '10 thread...do any of you guys know what happened to it?

That said:

TheCrow said:

You're not the only one. I just can't get into Lost, but I absolutely loved The Shield.

daw840

God, I hate working with retards. I swear to god if I have to tell this girl next to me how to do the same thing once more I am going to chuck my monitor across the room. I have TOLD HER THIS SAME SHIT AT LEAST 20 TIMES.

/liveblog

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am buying Bad Company 2 and MLB '10: The Show. The releases date for those games (March 2nd) is the deadline for me to get a lot of Madden in. Can we get in another season after this one by March 2nd?

Smokey

daw840 said:
God, I hate working with retards. I swear to god if I have to tell this girl next to me how to do the same thing once more I am going to chuck my monitor across the room. I have TOLD HER THIS SAME SHIT AT LEAST 20 TIMES.

/liveblog

:lol

Nightz said:
Off the top of my head, some games coming out in the next couple of months...

Bioshock 2
MLB 10 The Show
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Final Fantasy XIII
God of War 3

Dragon Age expansion

And for PC gamers.....

Supreme Commander 2
Command and Conquer 4
Napoleon: Total War

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Unless your talking starcraft 2 or Diablo 3, there is no reason to talk about PC Gaming. Blizzard is the one reason for PC's that can play games

PC Gaming = Monopoly

Top Bottom