• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Fifty

The Broncos are ridiculous. I'd give Crow the GM of the franchise award in a second. His team is young, stacked and he drafted really well.

Him trading me Jabar Gafney for A. Barnes was the steal of the league, and going after Desean Jackson was a brilliant move.

Desean is amazing. I have no clue why CB gave him up. He's pretty much the perfect Madden WR. He's incredibly fast, young, and can break tackles insanely well. As a PR/KR, I can think of no one better. He had a (2 broken tackles) PR TD in our game that pretty much broke Smokey's spirits, as it would have mine.

I'm 2/2 in keeping the elite teams elite. It'd be nice to have their owners take over for them in the playoffs, so that I don't have to choke with them, or get unearned victories.

Mrbob

Astrothelad, I can get the game in now if you head on in the next 10 to 15 min. I have a short window this afternoon.

Fifty said:
The Broncos are ridiculous. I'd give Crow the GM of the franchise award in a second. His team is young, stacked and he drafted really well.

Him trading me Jabar Gafney for A. Barnes was the steal of the league, and going after Desean Jackson was a brilliant move.

Desean is amazing. I have no clue why CB gave him up. He's pretty much the perfect Madden WR. He's incredibly fast, young, and can break tackles insanely well. As a PR/KR, I can think of no one better. He had a (2 broken tackles) PR TD in our game that pretty much broke Smokey's spirits, as it would have mine.

I'm 2/2 in keeping the elite teams elite. It'd be nice to have their owners take over for them in the playoffs, so that I don't have to choke with them, or get unearned victories.

told you bro! broncos #'s on paper make no sense as to how they perform on the field!

TheCrow

Fifty said:

Thanks for subbing. :) The reason why I really joined the league was the ability to build my team to how I want to play. I think in retrospect the Gafney trade favored me but at the time I think you didn't have a #3 WR and you had depth at LB. Sadly, Gafney didn't have as much as an impact for you as Barnes did for me.

Looks like I'll be subbing for FMT next week. Peterboy, I hope you can play Friday. or saturday but the quicker the better. :D

Somnia

Daw I'm pretty sure we play this week...at work and didn't look. What times work for you? I'm free tonight after 10pm cst. No go tomorrow unless it's an hour or so after the Bowl. Monday is a no go unless we play from 7-8pm cst due to bioshock midnight launch. Tuesday anytime after 6pm cst. Sorry for the shitty schedule it's a weird week.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
GG Rors. Not everyday someone can hold you to 19 yards on the ground and have 258 themselves and LOSE! :lol
That's how I roll.

PS: that new playbook SUCKED. Not enough time by the OL to use it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg bob pick 6 streak alive and well at like 8 games or something. shrug

320 yards of offense and 17 pts that's just how the game wants me to roll with these pick sixes and fumbles

Mrbob

Yeah that was a crazy game. My defense won that game for me. I was so mad when I missed bennett wide open on a 3rd and 2 pass and had to punt it back with 2:20 left. My D came up with one last stand after two straight scoring drives by you to help seal the deal.

Also, fuck Dockett. :lol

I did EVERYTHING that game to try and stop his pass rush. I double teamed, I moved my best tackle on him, nothing worked. That was unbelievable how you kept on crushing my line on the right side. I literally had no time to throw. Insane.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah I've got both Dockett and Suggs over there so it helps. If only the game were a little more strict about QBs getting the ball out when they're wrapped up it'd be even better but I'll take it as my bright spot with Beanie out for the season.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
401 yards for Stafford. My goal is still alive. If I could cover TE cheese, we might have won. Looks like the way things are going, I might not even pick in the top 10. I can't tank hard enough for that.

DCX

DCX
dskillzhtown said:
401 yards for Stafford. My goal is still alive. If I could cover TE cheese, we might have won. Looks like the way things are going, I might not even pick in the top 10. I can't tank hard enough for that.
lol i'm sorry but wr motion cheese was stronger ;)

DCX

LukeSmith

dskillzhtown said:

gallery1.jpg

LukeSmith said:

:lol :lol

one thing i have noticed about the league, and i was talking with people about it the past few days, but when someone loses it's because of some type of cheese.

slot wr's are cheese, slants are cheese, in's are cheese, outs are cheese, drags are cheese, tosses are cheese, screens are cheese, qb running is cheese, nickle odd is cheese, fb dives are cheese, playaction is cheese, passing to the rb is cheese, passing to the te is cheese, passing high is cheese, etc etc etc.

i said this before and i'll say it again when people lose and things dont go their way then it is "because someone took advantage of the ai or certain plays".

i guess the point i'm trying to make is don't take offense to this. people need to blow off steam and that is just that. i have played every player in this league at some point or another and i don't consider anyone to be a sharkwaters player or to be abusing things over and over again. remember there is a difference between ABUSE and you not adjusting at all. (ex. player A keeps blitzing 8, player B keeps throwing to his uncovered RB out of the backfield or player A keeps running a Cover 3 so player B is burning him on TE fly route or dig underneath the coverage)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DCX said:
lol i'm sorry but wr motion cheese was stronger ;)

DCX

Yeah, GG. But the TE catches at critical times are what really turned the game. Those catches and that White TD right before the half that bounced off two people before he caught it. My TE cheese comment had tongue firmly placed in cheek.

Marino's record is going down. I was stupid in running with Stafford in this game. The dream could have ended then and there with an injury. It won't happen again. Though Henne is right on my heels in chasing the record.

Rorschach

Damnit... it was our turn to play next, btw.

On the one hand, I don't want another FMT fill in, but on the other hand I do want him to play as the Packers... I'm so torn!

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
one thing i have noticed about the league, and i was talking with people about it the past few days, but when someone loses it's because of some type of cheese.

slot wr's are cheese, slants are cheese, in's are cheese, outs are cheese, drags are cheese, tosses are cheese, screens are cheese, qb running is cheese, nickle odd is cheese, fb dives are cheese, playaction is cheese, passing to the rb is cheese, passing to the te is cheese, passing high is cheese, etc etc etc.

Missing Cheese:
  • English Cheese
  • Warner Cheese
  • Manning Cheese
  • Speed back cheese
  • DT Cheese
  • FreeCheese

Rorschach said:
Damnit... it was our turn to play next, btw.

On the one hand, I don't want another FMT fill in, but on the other hand I do want him to play as the Packers... I'm so torn!

:lol

there is no way i would sub in as the packers

Mrbob

My prospects still aren't bright for a playoff spot, since my end of year schedule is brutal. I so want to get in now (instead of tanking), so I can go ahead and teach an English lesson of my own.

Mrbob said:
My prospects still aren't bright for a playoff spot, since my end of year schedule is brutal. I so want to get in now (instead of tanking), so I can go ahead and teach an English lesson of my own.

motherfucker if english sees you in class you fail. and a BJ won't get you out of failing this time! he's playing for KEEPS!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sable, I can play in 10 mins if you're around?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
K ill be on in 5

whooo loss number 6 coming up!

LukeSmith

The good part about AirBrian being AFK cookies and not in possession of his team is that I can start my Online Franchise game against the CPU and get practice time in with my Online Chise

LiveWire

Holy shit, just braved the East Coast highways to get home. I could've sworn I passed a few cops along the way yelling at me to get off the road. :lol

CB if you're going to be around at all later tonight let me know, I would like to try and get our game in before tomorrow where I'll probably be busy all day.

BigAT

LiveWire said:
Holy shit, just braved the East Coast highways to get home. I could've sworn I passed a few cops along the way yelling at me to get off the road. :lol

CB if you're going to be around at all later tonight let me know, I would like to try and get our game in before tomorrow where I'll probably be busy all day.

How much did you get? I only got like three inches in North New Jersey, but a friend of mine a couple of hours south said he got two feet.

Matrix

GG Sable.

Fucking always giving up huge plays on D and I must average 3 drops a game with AJ. I can't pull down one deep pass with the guy.

LiveWire

BigAT said:
How much did you get? I only got like three inches in North New Jersey, but a friend of mine a couple of hours south said he got two feet.

I was near my hometown in PA (about an hour north of Philly), so they only got about 6-8 inches. Roads were cleared around midday. All the way down to the Baltimore beltway (695) was mostly cleared, but the police/state officials closed 95 south between Baltimore and DC (maybe even between Philly and DC) so I had to take an hour and a half detour west into Maryland and cut back down to DC. At one point I was the only car on the road and there was nothing but 2 or 3 feet of snow on either side of me and about 6-8 inches that my car was blasting through. Now I know how those guys on Ice Road Truckers feel like. :lol

LiveWire said:
I was near my hometown in PA (about an hour north of Philly), so they only got about 6-8 inches. Roads were cleared around midday. All the way down to the Baltimore beltway (695) was mostly cleared, but the police/state officials closed 95 south between Baltimore and DC (maybe even between Philly and DC) so I had to take an hour and a half detour west into Maryland and cut back down to DC. At one point I was the only car on the road and there was nothing but 2 or 3 feet of snow on either side of me and about 6-8 inches that my car was blasting through. Now I know how those guys on Ice Road Truckers feel like. :lol
You drove through that holy shit. My parents were just telling me how much they got in nova. What's funny is I'm pretty sure they've had more snow then rochester ny where I am now, which is unheard of

Matrix

sableholic said:
Gg man bjoern is tough to stop

I didn't use him enough :(

I should just toss with him all the time, fuck the haters :p

:lol @ Luke

Matrix said:
I didn't use him enough :(

I should just toss with him all the time, fuck the haters :p

:lol @ Luke

luke will have to teach me the ways, cause that first drive it was crazy. if it wasn't for another kr td it might have been a different game.

Matrix

Btw I'd be willing to fill in with the Titans against Luke.

Top Bottom