• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Jesus Christ I guess you were mad at me! Probably the biggest beat down I've taken this year. All the TOs didn't help.

Nice work with the cover 1. If it were my OF roster my receivers would have at least gotten some separation.

bluemax

Banned
GG Wellie, that was the luckiest game of Madden I've had in a long time. Every bounce, every close throw went my way. Minus the one pick which I forced a throw I wouldn't have in a real game.

Seahawks roster isn't as bad as I thought it would be, Babineaux got a huge boost at FS.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
nba-jam-a-retrospective-20080421033505085.jpg

Fifty

I had to stop watching that video blog after a few seconds. I saw the luxurious offices that they develop the game from..and then I thought about how poor the online franchise mode is, that they can't get the most basic and crucial playoff seedings correct and that sableholic has single-handedly wrote a script that fixes many of their flaws...and I got too angry to continue watching. I don't give a shit about your "team"

Fifty

Donny Moore (aka a pizza delivery guy who lucked into this job) saying "authenticity, authenticity, authenticity..we've added a lot of stuff from the player equipment side" yet the game is fundamentally broken in regards to deciding ties in the standings. These guys are douchebags. I can see them spending hundreds of hours adding authentic wrist bands, but not 3 hours simming an online franchise and realizing that their tiebreaker system is fucking bizarre and the least authentic thing I've ever seen.

bluemax

Banned
Fifty said:
I had to stop watching that video blog after a few seconds. I saw the luxurious offices that they develop the game from..and then I thought about how poor the online franchise mode is, that they can't get the most basic and crucial playoff seedings correct and that sableholic has single-handedly wrote a script that fixes many of their flaws...and I got too angry to continue watching. I don't give a shit about your "team"

@ian_cummings Gotta love the hypocrisy of your dev team. How can you claim authenticity when you can't even get the Tie Breaker rules right?

I'm such a twitter troll.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
@ian_cummings Salary Cap and being able to trade draft picks are in the game, but not in the game. No mention of them in 11 yet.

I'm joining Blue on this hate patrol. :lol

TheCrow

Wellington said:
@ian_cummings Salary Cap and being able to trade draft picks are in the game, but not in the game. No mention of them in 11 yet.

I'm joining Blue on this hate patrol. :lol

If they had merely mentioned just of those things I would have been ok with the vid. It was just a complete waste of time. Don't know why they decided to wait till the superbowl halftime to show that video.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
TheCrow said:
If they had merely mentioned just of those things I would have been ok with the vid. It was just a complete waste of time. Don't know why they decided to wait till the superbowl halftime to show that video.
It proved to me what we already knew: they are out of touch with what really matters in football and they give me no faith that things will be better in August.

DMczaf

Didn't Ian say the halftime blog was just an introduction to the team like over a week ago?

smh @ this thread, you guys turn into OS Forum quickly

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
all i saw was "MADDEN 11 NEWS" on the headline in madden 10. I figured news would mean actual news

Your only defending them because they made Freeman a God

DenogginizerOS

DMczaf said:
Didn't Ian say the halftime blog was just an introduction to the team like over a week ago?

I was hoping we would see a more professional setting at Tiburon and instead what I saw was a very unprofessional video blog that looked like it was cobbled up in an hour with its creator falsely thinking he was doing something special. Again, they seem out of touch.

bluemax

Banned
DMczaf said:

Well yes but that doesn't stop me from trolling!

DenogginizerOS

CB3 said:
I think he is agreeing with you and laughing.
I hope so. That video is embarassing and groan-inducing.

Plus, I really don't like the suggestion that they are going to make Madden appeal to more with a former arcade title producer being the pitchman. EA Big returns in Maden??? Oh noes.

TheCrow

DenogginizerOS said:
I hope so. That video is embarassing and groan-inducing.

Plus, I really don't like the suggestion that they are going to make Madden appeal to more with a former arcade title producer being the pitchman. EA Big returns in Maden??? Oh noes.

Yeah, I thought it was weird how they were talking about bringing in new players but then saying that those who would be actually watching the video would be the more veteran players. So, why didn't they try to appease those veteran players by providing info that they are interested in?

TheCrow said:
Yeah, I thought it was weird how they were talking about bringing in new players but then saying that those who would be actually watching the video would be the more veteran players. So, why didn't they try to appease those veteran players by providing info that they are interested in?

I think he didn't want to do any of the blogs or anything like that this year but EA marketing forced him to do something for the superbowl so that's what we got.

Rorschach

Don't think they're saying shit this year until mid March because of the marketing department. All the stuff that was announced last year was bs anyway. This is nothing... nothing to get worried about and nothing to get excited about.

I will, however, go troll ian later on (with an anonymous twitter account)!

DenogginizerOS

storybook77 said:
I think he didn't want to do any of the blogs or anything like that this year but EA marketing forced him to do something for the superbowl so that's what we got.
Well, that is dumb. If they want to carry the NFL's name and promote a blog during the NFL's biggest event, then EA Marketing should have participated and spent a little bit of that Dante money on a decent blog. I mean, isn't Madden one of EA's biggest titles?

bluemax

Banned
storybook77 said:

Can you play today?

DMczaf

Packers, Jets, and Ravens fans got something out of it

1214lzc.jpg

New Defensive Formations:
"Psycho" - Packers
"Prowl" - Jets
Blitz Packages - Ravens

and so did Bucs fans

Keep doing what you do with Freeman, Donny!!

TheCrow

DMczaf said:
Packers, Jets, and Ravens fans got something out of it

New Defensive Formations:
"Psycho" - Packers
"Prowl" - Jets
Blitz Packages - Ravens

and so did Bucs fans

Keep doing what you do with Freeman, Donny!!

This this mean more NOS plays. :D

bluemax said:
It'll have to be after 10:30 EST.

That'd be fine. I've had a busy weekend and I've got some drama bullshit to put up with at work tomorrow so I'd rather not lose two football games today (lost my NCAA one earlier by one point).

bluemax

Banned
storybook77 said:
That'd be fine. I've had a busy weekend and I've got some drama bullshit to put up with at work tomorrow so I'd rather not lose two football games today (lost my NCAA one earlier by one point).

All right, just figured with time zone difference weekend might work but I understand where you are coming from.

bluemax said:
All right, just figured with time zone difference weekend might work but I understand where you are coming from.

I normally stay up til midnight EST on weeknights and the wife typically heads to bed around 10 EST so anywhere in between the two is usually perfect for me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX I'm calling your ass out.

Great season Saints, Falcons played you tough, good to have the crown in the South, next year i'm hoping we can bring it back to the ATL.

PicardWtf.jpg

I am sickened that someone in the NFC won it, if it was a division rival I'd probably be dry heaving. You're pretty ridiculous!!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
DCX I'm calling your ass out.

PicardWtf.jpg

I am sickened that someone in the NFC won it, if it was a division rival I'd probably be dry heaving. You're pretty ridiculous!!
:lol If the Chargers had won, I would have nuked my GAF account.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Seeing the Cowboys lose to Favre felt almost as good as getting the superbowl years ago. God help me if those fuckers get another superbowl in my lifetime.

fuck no i would never EVER root for someone in the NFC west in the superbowl that isn't the 49ers. if the jets played the cardinals in the superbowl last season i would have had to root for the jets despite favre.

you don't root for someone in your division unless it benefits your team. close the case on that one fellas

Top Bottom