• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Nightz

Lots of tension in this thread. It needs more love.

barney-printable-invitation.jpg

3 game lead in the division with 6 to go! i like those odds, especially since i basically have 1 more guaranteed victory over the hapless eagles. so essentially i have a 3 game lead with 5 to go.

kturtle0313

Neo Member
Ramirez said:
Well if the game is so meaningless, why are you even wasting your time to begin with? My point was, if the game holds no weight in determining the outcome of a playoff situation it shouldn't hold up the other 30 people who are willing to put forth the effort to get games done in a timely manner.

I mean it's totally cool if some people can't keep pace with the league, do the other people who can a favor, and just drop out.

I don't know about you, but I play to have fun and because I like playing most of the people in the league....meaning if I can't play until the 8 pst on advance day every once in a while, I shouldn't be bitched at for holding up the league. Wins and losses don't make any meaningful difference in my life...I'm not gonna make any more money if I make the playoffs or win the superbowl. Sure, I'd love to win it all, but it's not the main reason I like playing in this league.

Last time I checked, even if we would've played Saturday, we still would've met the league deadline, so your effort comment holds no wieght. Just because most people (including myself) can usually play on day 1 doesn't mean we should force everyone to do so.

EDIT::lol This is birdman. I accidentally posted from my wife's account!

kturtle0313 said:
I don't know about you, but I play to have fun and because I like playing most of the people in the league....meaning if I can't play until the 8 pst on advance day every once in a while, I shouldn't be bitched at for holding up the league. Wins and losses don't make any meaningful difference in my life...I'm not gonna make any more money if I make the playoffs or win the superbowl. Sure, I'd love to win it all, but it's not the main reason I like playing in this league.

Last time I checked, even if we would've played Saturday, we still would've met the league deadline, so your effort comment holds no wieght. Just because most people (including myself) can usually play on day 1 doesn't mean we should force everyone to do so.

who the fuck?

bluemax

Banned
GG Story, our matches are always close. You definitely held LeRon in check as well. Although I helped you out by being impatient with all my runs.

Got a lot more deep completions that game but my highest pick total and worst completion percentage of the season.

Edit: Hey I'm tied for 2nd place again!

bluemax said:
GG Story, our matches are always close. You definitely held LeRon in check as well. Although I helped you out by being impatient with all my runs.

Got a lot more deep completions that game but my highest pick total and worst completion percentage of the season.

Edit: Hey I'm tied for 2nd place again!

gg

I was surprised to get that fumble only to promptly push the wrong button and throw another pick. :\

bluemax

Banned
storybook77 said:
gg

I was surprised to get that fumble only to promptly push the wrong button and throw another pick. :\

Yeah all I wanted to do was run forward and he threw the ball backwards. The INT right after made me sigh in relief.

Division games always seem to be the toughest for me, aside from that one against FMT earlier.

bluemax said:
Yeah all I wanted to do was run forward and he threw the ball backwards. The INT right after made me sigh in relief.

Division games always seem to be the toughest for me, aside from that one against FMT earlier.

At least I beat Mass Effect 2 earlier tonight. :lol

LukeSmith

GG CPU.

You're a cheap shit with your Chris Johnson flats cheese and your multiple attempts on fourth down deep in your territory. Don't sack Rhett Bomar, motherfucker, when you hit Rhetty, he hits back - drink it up Vandendouche

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
GG CPU.

You're a cheap shit with your Chris Johnson flats cheese and your multiple attempts on fourth down deep in your territory. Don't sack Rhett Bomar, motherfucker, when you hit Rhetty, he hits back - drink it up Vandendouche
:( Free wins for elites teams, not us middle of the roaders

DCX

Mrbob

Wellington said:
Bob I just killed the Rachni queen, was that a bad move?

Possibly...dunno yet! I did as well in my play through. Might not see the ramifications of this move till Mass Effect 3.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Bob I just killed the Rachni queen, was that a bad move?
Nothing you do in that game (besides
the Sophie's choice bullshit scene
) really affects anything except your little paragon points. There is one part where a dude's life is dependent on how many of those points your racked up, but it's not really based on your actions.

If you just mean story wise, you did a bad thing and you should feel bad!

Mrbob

Never listen to Rors advice when it comes to Mass Effect. He is a known Mass Effect playa hata. Choices made in the original game have already affected plot lines in ME2, its hot how stuff carries over from one game to the next.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Man Bob and Ck are evil SOBS. The Rachni queen just wanted a fresh start!

Though I'm sure the queen bitch will end up being a liar and killing my ass in ME3.

Mrbob

Only theory, but I have a feeling killing the Rachni Queen could possibly fuck things up for ME3. Especially if there is some way to have the Rachni help you out on your quest. Except I won't have them now at my disposal anymore. Cold blooded.

Ramirez

kturtle0313 said:

EDIT::lol This is birdman. I accidentally posted from my wife's account!

I didn't mean my comments to be directed squarely at you. Being the last game of the week once in a while is one thing, being the last game of the week every week and no one knows what is going on is another thing entirely.

I get that he's your friend, so I'll just bow out of the convo.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Only theory, but I have a feeling killing the Rachni Queen could possibly fuck things up for ME3. Especially if there is some way to have the Rachni help you out on your quest. Except I won't have them now at my disposal anymore. Cold blooded.

That's what I'm hoping for. I want her future offspring to help me out :D I hope that makes ME3 harder for you and Ck.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Man Bob and Ck are evil SOBS. The Rachni queen just wanted a fresh start!

Though I'm sure the queen bitch will end up being a liar and killing my ass in ME3.
:lol!

It's nice to be evil in a world that has no real ramifications. Besides, I haven't decided if I am staying with the PC master race version for ME2 and beyond or going with the 360.

FMT: you mentioned that you always play on day one of the league advance, but it's mostly impossible for us Beast Coasters with normal jobs. Next time around can the 9 PST deadline move to 6 PST?

LiveWire

Wellington said:
It's nice to be evil in a world that has no real ramifications. Besides, I haven't decided if I am staying with the PC master race version for ME2 and beyond or going with the 360.

Glorious PC Master Race, of course.

so is it too late to join PSO or what? i have never played the game but it sounds like one where you level up and get cool shit. i bet you guys already took everything :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Glorious PC Master Race, of course.
That's what I want to do but I am a little worried I won't be able to hang. I haven't updated my PC at all since the end of 2006 because I haven't done much gaming aside from Madden. I'm rolling with:

Windows 7
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Geforce 7600GT <-----aaaarrrrgggghhh
2 GB of PC2 6400 RAM

It handles day to day shit with ease and I still consider it blazingly fast. It's not long enough in the tooth to warrant a full on upgrade. But, at 1024 with effects at medium ME dips below 30 FPS often, and that's a game from 2007. :| I could probably go with a better - compatible gfx card for cheap.

I updated for HL2, that game looked amazing on it.

TheCrow

ph33nix said:
so is it too late to join PSO or what? i have never played the game but it sounds like one where you level up and get cool shit. i bet you guys already took everything :(

It's never too late. :D We just need to schedule some times so we can all get together. I can't get involved too much with PSO as of now because of my course load. But after this week I'll be able to get online more.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
That's what I want to do but I am a little worried I won't be able to hang. I haven't updated my PC at all since the end of 2006 because I haven't done much gaming aside from Madden. I'm rolling with:

Windows 7
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Geforce 7600GT <-----aaaarrrrgggghhh
2 GB of PC2 6400 RAM

It handles day to day shit with ease and I still consider it blazingly fast. It's not long enough in the tooth to warrant a full on upgrade. But, at 1024 with effects at medium ME dips below 30 FPS often, and that's a game from 2007. :| I could probably go with a better - compatible gfx card for cheap.

I updated for HL2, that game looked amazing on it.

All you need is an 8800 GT or equivalent and you should be fine. Just depends on your motherboard, do you have a PCI-E x16 slot?

daw840

I have a brand new VAIO laptop, one of the better ones I am told (lol), I might try to load up PSO and jump in with you guys, but how do you get your 360 controller to work with the computer?

LiveWire said:
All you need is an 8800 GT or equivalent and you should be fine. Just depends on your motherboard, do you have a PCI-E x16 slot?

que? no habla PC!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Another thing to note is that ME2 is really light on hardware, way more so than any recent game (i.e., it's not Crysis, or even Arkham Asylum for that matter). Pretty impressive actually.

TheCrow

daw840 said:
I have a brand new VAIO laptop, one of the better ones I am told (lol), I might try to load up PSO and jump in with you guys, but how do you get your 360 controller to work with the computer?

The more the merrier. If you're have a wired controller you can just plug that in and PSO automatically detects it and sets it up. I don't think there is a way to connect a wireless 360 pad without the PC adapter.

Edit: If you end up needing any help installing PSO be sure to check out the main thread. CB put up some useful information.

Official Sports GAF Phantasy Star Blue Burst Thread. Dont Steal My Rare Bro!

LiveWire

daw840 said:
que? no habla PC!

There are two types of graphics card slots on a PC motherboard. The first type is mostly legacy now--a VGA slot (that blue cable from your monitor that goes to the PC connects here). Nowadays I believe every PC comes with a PCI-Express slot. Effectively a PCI slot (which fits many types of functionality cards from sound cards to network cards), but redesigned specifically for a graphics card standard, PCI-E comes in a variety of speeds, the fastest of which (and thus, most commonly used for graphics cards over the past 2-3 years) is PCI-E x16.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express

Oh sexy I wonder if I can use my PS3 pad to play PSO...since I haven't really touched that one in a while
that's right Bob

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Since we are on hiatus from discussing Madden, is there anyone here getting BFBC2? If so, for which system? I have it paid off on Steam for PC, but I am seriously considering getting it for console as well.

daw840

DenogginizerOS said:
Since we are on hiatus from discussing Madden, is there anyone here getting BFBC2? If so, for which system? I have it paid off on Steam for PC, but I am seriously considering getting it for console as well.

I will probably end up buying this for the 360, but probably used from GS or something. Unless there is DLC for buying new.

edit: Thanks Live! Learn something new everyday!

DenogginizerOS

daw840 said:
I will probably end up buying this for the 360, but probably used from GS or something. Unless there is DLC for buying new.

edit: Thanks Live! Learn something new everyday!
There is a LE that is regular price that has a bunch of DLC that is free to new buyers. I am not sure how long the LE will be sold at retail after launch.

daw840

DenogginizerOS said:
There is a LE that is regular price that has a bunch of DLC that is free to new buyers. I am not sure how long the LE will be sold at retail after launch.

o_O I will probably end up getting that then.

Nightz

daw840 said:
o_O I will probably end up getting that then.
If you pre-order from Amazon, they're selling the LE for the price of the regular edition. I think other stores are doing it too.

I'll probably get it for the 360 as well.

TheCrow

ph33nix said:
Oh sexy I wonder if I can use my PS3 pad to play PSO...since I haven't really touched that one in a while
that's right Bob
I can't see why you couldn't use the PS3 controller. There is also a option to customize your controller ingame if you don't like how the buttons are mapped.

DenogginizerOS said:
I don't know if I can justify buying another shooter after I recently picked up MW2. I'm going to have to stick with MW2 for quite a while.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Of course dude, when I upgraded I tried to make myself future proof so that I could just add new pieces instead of re-doing the whole thing.

Here is my motherboard.. It's not bad, except that I am limited with CPU options. I could always throw more RAM in, but I don't see how that would help me right now. I will look into upgrading the videocard.

DenogginizerOS

TheCrow said:
I don't know if I can justify buying another shooter after I recently picked up MW2. I'm going to have to stick with MW2 for quite a while.
At the very least, download the demo on Live for BC2 that is up now. Not to sound snobbish, but once you taste the refined goodness of BC2, MW2 becomes painfully juvenile in comparison.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I might pick up BC2 on Steam since I skipped out on about the last ten military FPSes and my brother is just an insane BC fan. Have to work through Arkham and Call of Juarez BIB first though.

DenogginizerOS

AstroLad said:
I might pick up BC2 on Steam since I skipped out on about the last ten military FPSes and my brother is just an insane BC fan. Have to work through Arkham and Call of Juarez BIB first though.
If you do get it on Steam, feel free to join me and Bob and a few others for some squad action.

TheCrow

DenogginizerOS said:
At the very least, download the demo on Live for BC2 that is up now. Not to sound snobbish, but once you taste the refined goodness of BC2, MW2 becomes painfully juvenile in comparison.
I'm pretty sure BC2 will be a good game. Its just that I literally can not justify spending $60 on another online FPS. These are the sacrifices I make in order to get a college education. :3 But it makes me like PSO:BB even more.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Of course dude, when I upgraded I tried to make myself future proof so that I could just add new pieces instead of re-doing the whole thing.

Here is my motherboard.. It's not bad, except that I am limited with CPU options. I could always throw more RAM in, but I don't see how that would help me right now. I will look into upgrading the videocard.

Check your PM.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
:lol!

FMT: you mentioned that you always play on day one of the league advance, but it's mostly impossible for us Beast Coasters with normal jobs. Next time around can the 9 PST deadline move to 6 PST?
I motioned for that when DM gained control. Before, it was supposedly 9 because FMT got home late, but since DM has it maybe it can advance earlier.

DenogginizerOS

Smokey said:
I just ordered BF:BC2 on 360 from Amazon so I'm in!
Nice!

If any of you want to get together tonight and play the Beta, let me know. I should be free if I am not playing my game with Lonestar.

Top Bottom