• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Fifty

GG Striker.

You messaged me in-game, asking if it was alright to go for it on 4th down late in the game, tied and on a 4th and 5 at 52 yard FG territory. I didn't have time to reply "yes, of course" and you missed the FG. Who knows what would have been the outcome had you gone for it

I hate it when people ask that question. Not because they're doing anything wrong, but because it's so obviously an appropriate situation, and because of bitching by some people in this league, we've got an environment where people are scared to go for it, not because of the risk, but because they think they're breaking some league rule. If it's a realistic decision in an NFL game (your offense is doing good, and you don't have an elite kicker), it's fair to do here

Anyway, I managed to do it! 3 for 3 in one week(end). 3 wins with 3 different teams in one franchise week, over the span of 48 hours. It'll never happen again.

I don't save many replays, but here's one I had to save. My SS, Landry, had about 3 steps on the Browns WR. He could have INTed it over his shoulder, or just let it fall for an incompletion but instead he decides to give Cleveland a free TD. Had this happened late in the game to decide it, I'd be furious.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16662728

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
cb you haven't even played YOUR game yet! you want to be the ABGOTW!?

Not my fault! I messaged Livewire on AIM before and after the superbowl. Havent heard anything! He is Brian'ing me

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
GG Striker.

You messaged me in-game, asking if it was alright to go for it on 4th down late in the game, tied and on a 4th and 5 at 52 yard FG territory. I didn't have time to reply "yes, of course" and you missed the FG. Who knows what would have been the outcome had you gone for it

I hate it when people ask that question. Not because they're doing anything wrong, but because it's so obviously an appropriate situation, and because of bitching by some people in this league, we've got an environment where people are scared to go for it, not because of the risk, but because they think they're breaking some league rule. If it's a realistic decision in an NFL game (your offense is doing good, and you don't have an elite kicker), it's fair to do here
I've said it before and I'll say it again, anyone who plays me can go for it on fourth whenever they want. We're all gentlemen here so I don't think I'll be getting cheesed.

Striker

It was a GG.

A couple frustrations like Dawson continuing to miss FG's that have any length, Bennett's route running causing the Reed pick six, and Corey Graham's inability to jam or step in front of Anquan on that huge 3rd & 18 play. He just stood there like a normal player would catching a 5-yard curl route. Jump the route! :(

5-5, last in division. Ugh.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
fuck no i would never EVER root for someone in the NFC west in the superbowl that isn't the 49ers. if the jets played the cardinals in the superbowl last season i would have had to root for the jets despite favre.

you don't root for someone in your division unless it benefits your team. close the case on that one fellas

Last year with the Stealers and the Cards I was rooting for both teams to lose.

i feel your pain on the FG kicking striker. while guys like jano and whoever gb's kicker is easily hit 60 yarders, anything approaching high 40's with nedney is a crapshoot. maybe i'll draft a kicker this season.... in the first round!

Mrbob

ATL kicker has a massive leg too. He came about a yard away from hitting a 65 yard fg. I hope EA fixes this next year. Some teams have it way too easy with 55+ yard fg attempts.l

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
if he doesn't respond to you or on the board by tomorrow night then perhaps....

2ap0uq.gif

CB3

I really dont mind the Saints winning but if i gotta hear "who dat" or "who dat nation", especially from Brees, im gonna throw something.

CB3

So who here wants to play Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst? PSO owned my life on the DC. come on PC gaming brothers! any shitty rig will run this game!

Edit: Its free!

TheCrow

CB3 said:
So who here wants to play Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst? PSO owned my life on the DC. come on PC gaming brothers! any shitty rig will run this game!

I do have a paper to do... But would it run on a netbook?

CB3

TheCrow said:
I do have a paper to do... But would it run on a netbook?

Shit it might. What are your specs.

It would take long enough to set up and download that you wouldnt be able to play right now

TheCrow

CB3 said:
Shit it might. What are your specs.

It would take long enough to set up and download that you wouldnt be able to play right now

It'll take about 30 min to download it but I got class in 7 hours. So, I'll try to set it up tomorrow and make a ranger class, assuming you'll still be playing. It's been a while since I played PSO.

CB3

TheCrow said:
It'll take about 30 min to download it but I got class in 7 hours. So, I'll try to set it up tomorrow and make a ranger class, assuming you'll still be playing. It's been a while since I played PSO.

I just set it up today. Ill be playing this forever. my life just ended again

CB3

If there is enough interest ill make a seperate thread with detailed instructions and the website to get it and register for the private server.

I just recruited Zep so we already got 2

bluemax

Banned
PSO BB is still around? I remember playing that several years ago but I thought it was only a limited demo or something at the time and I didn't want to pay for a DC game.

CB3

Its free friend. Well now it seems to be. There is no where to buy an actual PC copy of the game and Sega shut their servers down. it includes the 2 episodes from the Dreamcast/xbox versions and a new episode

TheCrow

CB3 said:
If there is enough interest ill make a seperate thread with detailed instructions and the website to get it and register for the private server.

I just recruited Zep so we already got 2

:D That was quick. The site has a pretty straight forward guide to getting set up. If we get quite a bit of people we could get a separate thread. Don't want to steer this thread off topic too much.

CB3

i read the directions on the site totally wrong and did alot of extra work :lol Im guiding Zep through right now. Ill make a thread tomorrow if we get some people interested

TheCrow

oh shit. I'm in. The music alone brings back memories. Thanks to CB I'll only get about 5 hours of sleep.

Edit: Soon as I joined a server my screen gets bombarded with smiley's saying hi and a lot of Japanese text. Oh, I'm feeling this.

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
ATL kicker has a massive leg too. He came about a yard away from hitting a 65 yard fg. I hope EA fixes this next year. Some teams have it way too easy with 55+ yard fg attempts.l
it was my fault, it wasn't full power :/ my kicker is rated 35 too :lol

DCX

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
DCX I'm calling your ass out.

PicardWtf.jpg

I am sickened that someone in the NFC won it, if it was a division rival I'd probably be dry heaving. You're pretty ridiculous!!
Only in the NBA. I wanted to kill puppies when the Bulls won the championship. Plus i feel Carolina and Tampa Bay are bigger rivals.

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CB3 said:

Wow, ole PSO calling people out, after all this time...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Wow, ole PSO calling people out, after all this time...
Were you in on the DC days? I forget if it was you or the other lonestar that doesn't post here anymore.

I sunk more hours into PSO than any other game. It was an awesome experience the whole way through with all the GAFfers. Shouta, kiryogi, alex, whichever lonestar, Frag and darkshire, those were the days. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
original PSO was what got me on GAF in the first place. my brother and i played HARDCORE when it first came out. i was in college at the time and he was in high school and we'd basically take shifts playing and probably played 16+ hours a day with our character. during those first couple weeks we'd be the highest level guy in almost every group. dedication

gaffers always seemed to be on the servers and i knew one from somewhere else so it just made sense....

Rorschach

So many sleepless nights with that shitty game. I was thinking of starting to play again with some ol' buddies from back in the DC days.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
original PSO was what got me on GAF in the first place. my brother and i played HARDCORE when it first came out. i was in college at the time and he was in high school and we'd basically take shifts playing and probably played 16+ hours a day with our character. during those first couple weeks we'd be the highest level guy in almost every group. dedication

gaffers always seemed to be on the servers and i knew one from somewhere else so it just made sense....
Yeah same here. I joined GAF a few weeks before PSO came out just to read Folken's impressions. When it did hit I took a week off of school, fuck that. :lol I've never been so flat out owned by a game in my life. I think my combined time with WoW and FFT doesn't top the time I spent with PSO.

And it was only FOUR levels! :lol

Lonestar

Wellington said:
Were you in on the DC days? I forget if it was you or the other lonestar that doesn't post here anymore.

I sunk more hours into PSO than any other game. It was an awesome experience the whole way through with all the GAFfers. Shouta, kiryogi, alex, whichever lonestar, Frag and darkshire, those were the days. :lol

That was me.

O-PA O-PA IS A CORPSE LOOTER

TheCrow

360 controller works with PSO:BB and I just got to level 2. I don't think my college work will suffer from this. I know it will. :(

Edit: I also already died. I need to lose this handgun and get a rifle.

Wellington said:
DCX I'm calling your ass out.

PicardWtf.jpg

I am sickened that someone in the NFC won it, if it was a division rival I'd probably be dry heaving. You're pretty ridiculous!!

WTH....Never ever pull for the Saints, Bucs, or Panthers unless a win from one of those teams puts us in the playoffs. If 2 of those teams are playing each other, hope for a tie or a stadium implosion! As a Falcon fan, I am saddened by the number of Who Dat status updates on my facebook by so called "loyal" fans. They should have their season tickets revoked.

DCX said:
Only in the NBA. I wanted to kill puppies when the Bulls won the championship. Plus i feel Carolina and Tampa Bay are bigger rivals.

DCX

The fuck???? We've been rivals with NO since we've both had teams. :lol

Lonestar

storybook77 said:
WTH....Never ever pull for the Saints, Bucs, or Panthers unless a win from one of those teams puts us in the playoffs. If 2 of those teams are playing each other, hope for a tie or a stadium implosion! As a Falcon fan, I am saddened by the number of Who Dat status updates on my facebook by so called "loyal" fans. They should have their season tickets revoked.

New Orleans has a football team? Who allowed that to happen??

Rorschach

storybook77 said:
Apparently some voodoo priest had some money and started up a team. :D
Actually, the team came from a shady deal between a NO congressman Hale Boggs and Pete Rozelle that allowed for the NFL/AFL merger to happen. Corrupt team origins from a corrupt as fuck city.

Top Bottom