• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
Actually, the team came from a shady deal between a NO congressman Hale Boggs and Pete Rozelle that allowed for the NFL/AFL merger to happen. Corrupt team origins from a corrupt as fuck city.

I really feel bad for Roman Harper. Being that close to the voodoo, has resulted in having pure tragedy, in NECK FORM.

n210537265161_5043.jpg

:(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Four games left, Cold and Live are playing today and Luke is playing tonight with or without AB.

Cowboys/Vikings
Rams/Seahawks.

When are you guys playing?

daw840

Wellington said:
Four games left, Cold and Live are playing today and Luke is playing tonight with or without AB.

Cowboys/Vikings
Rams/Seahawks.

Well, I can play from about 3:00pm to 7:00pm CST today, but I don't think Somnia is available, I believe we are shooting for tomorrow.

Wellington said:

Cowboys/Vikings
Rams/Seahawks.

Me and Bluemax are playing after 10:30 EST tonight.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
i play blue next. if you happen to be the last game tonite maybe you can do a double header
I hope you practiced man he mercilessly destroyed me last night before the SB. I was down like 27-0 in the second quarter. :|

Then again you beat me up pretty good last time too.

And FMT kicked my ass as well.

Fuck the NFC West, how about that!

Crow: :p

AirBrian

Wellington said:

Cowboys/Vikings
Rams/Seahawks.

Yeah, about that...

Birdman and I had a game scheduled for Saturday morning. The deadline was Saturday night. Birdman and I talked and were going to try to get the game in late Friday night...he messaged me...then I messaged him back a bit later when I got home. He responded about 20 minutes later but I had already fallen asleep. So I wake up ready to play our game on Saturday morning and see it's already been played.

We both even posted about our game not getting played until Saturday morning.

Why the fuck are there deadlines? I'm really f'n pissed about this. You can get a sub for the Titans.

Somnia

daw840 said:
Well, I can play from about 3:00pm to 7:00pm CST today, but I don't think Somnia is available, I believe we are shooting for tomorrow.
If my conference call doesn't run long (which it always does) I can play at 6-615cst. Otherwise were good tomorrow after 6pm.

Lonestar

AirBrian said:
Yeah, about that...

Birdman and I had a game scheduled for Saturday morning. The deadline was Saturday night. Birdman and I talked and were going to try to get the game in late Friday night...he messaged me...then I messaged him back a bit later when I got home. He responded about 20 minutes later but I had already fallen asleep. So I wake up ready to play our game on Saturday morning and see it's already been played.

We both even posted about our game not getting played until Saturday morning.

Why the fuck are there deadlines? I'm really f'n pissed about this. You can get a sub for the Titans.

I'm going to agree to this, going back to the Fifty game.

daw840

Somnia said:
If my conference call doesn't run long (which it always does) I can play at 6-615cst. Otherwise were good tomorrow after 6pm.

Works for me. I got caught up at work so I am not home now anyways. I should definitely be home by then though.

bluemax

Banned
AstroLad said:
i play blue next. if you happen to be the last game tonite maybe you can do a double header
I don't really like playing double headers as I usually need to clear my head between games. Also playing at 10:30 exactly means I don't eat dinner until after I'm done playing which sucks.

Plus I kind of need to do laundry and go to the store.

If tonight right after is the best/only time you can play then I'll do it. Otherwise I'd prefer tomorrow at the earliest.

Also Wellie I play a lot looser out of league games. And all my games with Astro have been close to the wire affairs.

And you're gonna hate hearing this but in our scrim I was trying out a different playbook and mostly used Ask Madden.

Looks like I'm supposed to play Smokey this week although this matchup that we talked so much shit about weeks ago is really anticlimatic seeing that I'm 2-7 :lol

It's ok! ALL but 2 opponents have gotten a heavy dosage of Kelly James and you will too, win or lose.

Somnia

daw840 said:
Works for me. I got caught up at work so I am not home now anyways. I should definitely be home by then though.

Looks like we'll have to wait till tomorrow man. Sorry for bobing us all everyone! Work can go to hell sometimes :lol

Mrbob

Somnia said:
Looks like we'll have to wait till tomorrow man. Sorry for abing us all everyone! Work can go to hell sometimes :lol

Fixed. Damn dude is gonna steal the one title that has been rightfully mine for seasons now. An end of an era....I might need to step up my game before this season is over.

there ARE deadlines, this is true.

but when no one knows wtf is going on and you are the last game, well then things start to move. birdman said he hadn't heard from you, you don't post in the thread, so we move forward.

i have NEVER advanced when someone comes into the thread and says "hey guys just giving you a heads up me and so-and-so are playing on this date". problems arise when no one knows what your intentions are, or you have made your intentions known and then dont get a response beyond that confirming it.

it also didn't help that you and birdman decided to play on saturday "because you thought LJ/Rors weren't playing till saturday anyways".

the deadlines are there and it is fine to use them, but my request is that you are a somewhat active participant in the thread. you don't need to be on here every night, but posting once a week is a bit thin. we all have lives, jobs, other obligations, but understand that people need to know what's going on so they can plan accordingly.

Lonestar said:
I'm going to agree to this, going back to the Fifty game.

wasn't this the week you were playing MAG instead of playing your madden game? it's your time but you see no issue with that when your opponent has set aside time to play you and you're playing a different videogame instead?

Mrbob

It looks like the PC version of BC2 is a misprice. You can try, but the order will be cancelled.

BTW I noticed Wellington was up 24 to 14 in the 2nd when his game with Lonestar was disconnected. Hardly an insurmountable lead. And there has been plenty of time for a rematch. This is why I think it was cheap wellie got to play the CPU instead. If Lonestar doesn't want to play anymore, let him quit now and I'm sure a replacement can play games in his place.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Honestly who cares if Ck played the computer one time? Stop being Bob... Bob!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Just tank all ready, you are not winning it all.

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
there ARE deadlines, this is true.

but when no one knows wtf is going on and you are the last game, well then things start to move. birdman said he hadn't heard from you, you don't post in the thread, so we move forward.

i have NEVER advanced when someone comes into the thread and says "hey guys just giving you a heads up me and so-and-so are playing on this date". problems arise when no one knows what your intentions are, or you have made your intentions known and then dont get a response beyond that confirming it.

it also didn't help that you and birdman decided to play on saturday "because you thought LJ/Rors weren't playing till saturday anyways".

the deadlines are there and it is fine to use them, but my request is that you are a somewhat active participant in the thread. you don't need to be on here every night, but posting once a week is a bit thin. we all have lives, jobs, other obligations, but understand that people need to know what's going on so they can plan accordingly.

Well said, holding the league up for another day when both teams are pretty much dead in the water is dumb.

I fail to see how you can really be pissed, your participation in the thread is lacking, like he said, we all have lives.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I hope you don't go but it's what FMT said, it's hard to know your intentions if you don't actually let us know. 31 other guys were ready to go and it was the weekend. I don't know your schedule but Saturday was a must day for most of us as a lot of people were going to watch the SB elsewhere or their jobs (like mine) are starting to demand a lot more time.

I know you mentioned your gf and her kids had just moved in with you, and maybe getting a game in is tight, but logging on to GAF and letting us know your status doesn't take more than five minutes. Or even text birdman, that'd be cool.

Like I said I hope you stay, but you have to understand the frustrations of the 31 other people that were available and waiting to play for I believe over 24 hours before you would have been able to go.

Also Wellie I play a lot looser out of league games. And all my games with Astro have been close to the wire affairs.

And you're gonna hate hearing this but in our scrim I was trying out a different playbook and mostly used Ask Madden.
Nah no worries man, whatever floats your boat.

Anyone that plays me in scrimmages knows by now I am going to look to air it out. I was good with protecting the ball using Eli last season, but this season and in scrimmages I am throwing way too many ints and I can't figure it out. I believe I am making correct reads and the right decisions. Like in our game I made the right read on an out route to Smith but I threw it a second late to be sure and Wilson drove on the ball to pick it. The pick by Tatupu was way behind Boss who was crossing, that one I don't get at all. I forget the other two but you get my drift.

Either way that game was a good game by you and a bad game by me. I think the final tally was 7 turnovers for me, 4 of which came in the first quarter. All of my RBs have much better carry ratings and my WRs are better with RTE/RLS so the cover one press wouldn't have been as effective as it was. It was a really gg on your part tho, definitely can't take anything away from that.

Mrbob said:
BTW I noticed Wellington was up 24 to 14 in the 2nd when his game with Lonestar was disconnected. Hardly an insurmountable lead. And there has been plenty of time for a rematch. This is why I think it was cheap wellie got to play the CPU instead. If Lonestar doesn't want to play anymore, let him quit now and I'm sure a replacement can play games in his place.
Dude I asked Lonestar twice if he was sure, he said just play the CPU or get a sub. I went the easy route, I really don't see what the issue is. Lonestar may not agree but I thought I was in control of the game except for two plays that I gave up - a KR TD to Bellows (who is a fucking monster), and a 63 yard screen play to Slaton. It's not that he was playing badly it's more that with the composition and strengths of our teams, it was just a bad matchup for him, unfortunately.

If you have a problem with it, beat me when we play in three weeks.

Smokey

AirBrian said:

I like how you said fuck, and then the next sentence decided to censor yourself with f'n:lol .

Matrix

Smokey said:
I like how you said fuck, and then the next sentenced decided to censor yourself with f'n:lol .

:lol

Birdman02

Ramirez said:
Well said, holding the league up for another day when both teams are pretty much dead in the water is dumb.

What do the teams records have to do with anything? When it's all said and done, none of these games mean anything, so what's wrong with "holding up the league" when it's still within the deadline? If we would've said we weren't playing until Saturday as soon as the league advanced, everyone still would've been bitching whether we were both 8-0 or 0-8.

I'm willing to take my part of the blame on this. There was obviously a misunderstanding between me and Brian, because I thought we were going to play Thursday or Friday night. We MIGHT have been able to play earlier in the week, but we both had busy schedules and felt no need to rush because someone had already mentioned we couldn't advance until Saturday.

Lonestar

Wellie is pretty much right, though I'd have to say I reaaaaaallly played sloppy, especially on D. Didn't really put alot of effort, on anything. I wonder if anyone would care that the game disconnected on me, when I was on the goaline to make it 24-21. Or was that goaline to make it 14?

FMT: There was 4 days before the advance that week, I never confirmed I'd go Wednesday, and changed my Thursday to try and get it done. But no, it's "WAH WAH, Why is he doing something else, and not playing me on my time table." So while I'm enjoying a game on my first full day of having it, and lose track of time, he apparently only had Wednesday to play the game. I don't know which, because he never said "hey, I've got to do this Wednesday." So, we let him have his way and he played someone else. DAYS before the week advanced.

Lonestar said:
Wellie is pretty much right, though I'd have to say I reaaaaaallly played sloppy, especially on D. Didn't really put alot of effort, on anything. I wonder if anyone would care that the game disconnected on me, when I was on the goaline to make it 24-21. Or was that goaline to make it 14?

FMT: There was 4 days before the advance that week, I never confirmed I'd go Wednesday, and changed my Thursday to try and get it done. But no, it's "WAH WAH, Why is he doing something else, and not playing me on my time table." So while I'm enjoying a game on my first full day of having it, and lose track of time, he apparently only had Wednesday to play the game. I don't know which, because he never said "hey, I've got to do this Wednesday." So, we let him have his way and he played someone else. DAYS before the week advanced.

well whatever conversation was had was between the two of you. that is the problem. post in the thread what your intentions are or whats going on. it becomes a he-said-she-said issue when schedules conflict and there's nothing to go off of.

i've gotten new games, have a full time job where i'm switching positions and have additional training needed, girlfriend, looking for a house to buy, and i don't think there has ever been a game in 3 seasons where i didn't play on day 1 that it advanced OR my opponent didn't clearly know my schedule and when we could get a game done.

i know everyone isn't going to play on day 1, but it's just odd to me that there are people who have never had a scheduling issue in the league and then it falls apart for other people. there is a miscommunication there and it doesn't really matter who is at fault, the best thing to do is just clearly spell out to your opponent when you're going to be able to play, find out when he can play, and then get it done. no alarms and no surprises!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
It was at the GL to make it 24-21. I talked to both FMT and DM about it and I told them the scoop.

That first play said it all about the sloppiness, Lone. I think you missed on like three tackles on that long run.

Mrbob

wellington said:
Dude I asked Lonestar twice if he was sure, he said just play the CPU or get a sub. I went the easy route, I really don't see what the issue is. Lonestar may not agree but I thought I was in control of the game except for two plays that I gave up - a KR TD to Bellows (who is a fucking monster), and a 63 yard screen play to Slaton. It's not that he was playing badly it's more that with the composition and strengths of our teams, it was just a bad matchup for him, unfortunately.

Wellington said:
It was at the GL to make it 24-21. I talked to both FMT and DM about it and I told them the scoop.

That first play said it all about the sloppiness, Lone. I think you missed on like three tackles on that long run.

Total control, uh huh. :p

Lonestar

If you want the games done on day one, then make the deadline 1 day. I had said I might be able to go on Wednesday, I didn't say I would. His offense was that I wasn't doing something on the list of "acceptable reasons to not play on his time table." So, we went with what he wanted, a realistic game.

I could have redone the Giant game, being that it was going to be 24-21 at halftime, with me getting the ball in the 3rd, but I didn't want to restart it, because some of those points were kind of flukey, but then so were his. I didn't want to waste another hour or so, just to get another disconnect.

There was a game in season 1, where me and someone else (maybe Ph33nix) redid it like 3 times. It lasted 3+ hours. I'd rather take a loss, than redo this stuff.

Ramirez

Birdman02 said:
What do the teams records have to do with anything? When it's all said and done, none of these games mean anything, so what's wrong with "holding up the league" when it's still within the deadline? If we would've said we weren't playing until Saturday as soon as the league advanced, everyone still would've been bitching whether we were both 8-0 or 0-8.

I'm willing to take my part of the blame on this. There was obviously a misunderstanding between me and Brian, because I thought we were going to play Thursday or Friday night. We MIGHT have been able to play earlier in the week, but we both had busy schedules and felt no need to rush because someone had already mentioned we couldn't advance until Saturday.

Well if the game is so meaningless, why are you even wasting your time to begin with? My point was, if the game holds no weight in determining the outcome of a playoff situation it shouldn't hold up the other 30 people who are willing to put forth the effort to get games done in a timely manner.

I mean it's totally cool if some people can't keep pace with the league, do the other people who can a favor, and just drop out.

Ramirez said:
Well if the game is so meaningless, why are you even wasting your time to begin with? My point was, if the game holds no weight in determining the outcome of a playoff situation it shouldn't hold up the other 30 people who are willing to put forth the effort to get games done in a timely manner.

I mean it's totally cool if some people can't keep pace with the league, do the other people who can a favor, and just drop out.

no game is meaningless my friend!

i was once 3-6 one season.... and then i won the division! but EA stripped it from me :(

no, there is a deadline and every game IS meaningful. all i ask is that people are very clear on what their schedule is and when they plan to play.

lonestar - it was described to me otherwise in that you had no intention of playing until saturday. if you had posted what your plans were or when you could play then this entire situation could have been avoided and we wouldn't have to depend on one persons side of the schedule story!

Top Bottom