• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
We've had a grand total of 2 drafts, and only 1 year of progression for the first-year draft picks. Almost all of my draft picks are currently starters, with a backup QB (released) and a DE (backup) being the exceptions. So, yea, you can shut the fuck up when you have a power team to start with.

o9ohgg.png

Smokey

LiveWire said:
We've had a grand total of 2 drafts, and only 1 year of progression for the first-year draft picks. Almost all of my draft picks are currently starters, with a backup QB (released) and a DE (backup) being the exceptions. So, yea, you can shut the fuck up when you have a power team to start with.

:lol

Fifty

This is how pathetic my season is: The computer was more effective for me in one late-game possession than I was during the entire rest of the game. (I was being blown out, and with 4 minutes left, instead of taking turns running FB dives, I quit to save myself 10 minutes of misery)..I never expected the computer to outperform me. I should have stayed quit. I'm just putting in miserable, pathetic performances every game.

So to sum it up..one drive by the computer ravens> one game by Fifty's Ravens. I ended up coming back to make a fool of myself. I didn't want to quit on the bottom, so instead I come back and drill downward, to even sadder depths.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty, you have key injuries to your team and honestly from what I can tell you don't play the game as much as you once did. Your skills are going to drop.

Unlike someone like me who continues to play and play and basically doesn't get any better :| Which imo is sadder.

bluemax

Banned
daw840 said:
Isn't that the old man who wants to get more pie? I saw a spot on Xplay with one of the designers. Looked.......weird, but if it supports someone I know, I'll buy it!

Awesome to hear! I was sad to see only about 1100 people on the leaderboards this evening, hope it does better than that. My skills from the old days only got me into the top 300 for times, but I swear I had one of the better low clone runs!

Also I'm totally stoked because my name is in the credits on this. I didn't honestly expect that.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Bob what's the word on playing tonight like discussed? What time will you be available? The earlier the better for me, I have a looooong day tomorrow and I need to have my ass in bed ASAP tonight.

If you can early, I am willing to even (*shock*) skip the gym to get this game in. If I do I can be home at 6 EST. What do you say, pal o' mine!?

LiveWire

Wellington said:
If you can early, I am willing to even (*shock*) skip the gym to get this game in.

Wow, Madden is SERIOUS BUSINESS. ;P

Also, gg Sinistar. The game was a LOT closer than the score indicated. I look forward to seeing how you develop the Lions next season.

Wellington said:
Bob what's the word on playing tonight like discussed? What time will you be available? The earlier the better for me, I have a looooong day tomorrow and I need to have my ass in bed ASAP tonight.

If you can early, I am willing to even (*shock*) skip the gym to get this game in. If I do I can be home at 6 EST. What do you say, pal o' mine!?

The things we all have to do just to meet the demands of Bob's schedule!

PBY

Banned
LiveWire said:
what he said :lol

Rorschach

I just noticed when recounting the story of Hasselbald that he was an illegal acquisition? Wasn't he a free agent the same season he was traded? :X

daw840

Rorschach said:
I just noticed when recounting the story of Hasselbald that he was an illegal acquisition? Wasn't he a free agent the same season he was traded? :X

You shut your god damned mouth!:lol

Ramirez

Rorschach said:

He's making a pretty huge difference, shaping the playoff picture even.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
He's making a pretty huge difference, shaping the playoff picture even.
Not saying he is, but JRuss made a difference for you when he subbed in! ;)

I don't really care. Just pointing it out since I just now noticed. The commishes should have been on top of it. I couldn't even get Ellis back because he was a free agent.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
Not saying he is, but JRuss made a difference for you when he subbed in! ;)

I don't really care. Just pointing it out since I just now noticed. The commishes should have been on top of it. I couldn't even get Ellis back because he was a free agent.

I thought the rule only applied to superstars, not sure why we would disallow scrub players from being traded regardless of when we got them.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
I thought the rule only applied to superstars, not sure why we would disallow scrub players from being traded regardless of when we got them.
It was a rule for all free agents so they wouldn't be grabbed as just trade bait. You rarely (if ever) see someone get picked up from FA only to be traded.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
It was a rule for all free agents so they wouldn't be grabbed as just trade bait. You rarely (if ever) see someone get picked up from FA only to be traded.

Well, it's not like the rest of our trades are anymore realistic than FA trade bait. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
Well, it's not like the rest of our trades are anymore realistic than FA trade bait. :lol
I find this odd coming from someone who complains so much about others potentially breaking the rules.

Mrbob

I actually just got back...heading out for a bit again but i'll probably be ready to play in maybe 45 min or so?

If you can't play then we wait till 2015!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellington said:
Yeah I was just messing around when I said it. The 32 of us don't have near the skill capable to make a game work. :lol

Bob, game after LOST? :D

I am surprised I have not yet been subject to the typical bob BS.

Opponent: Bob I can go anytime except for when I am at work
Bob: I can't play ever, sorry.

3 PM on a work day

Bob: Opponent, I can play in 10 minutes, if not, it will have to wait until 2015.

20 minutes pass

Bob: See! I was here opponent wasn't!

6 PM after getting off from work

Opponent: :|

:|

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:

thecoldone33 12:50 pm
(12:50:18 PM): hahaha
(12:51:16 PM): i think CK said 6 EST earliest
(12:51:20 PM): which is still 2 hours away
mrbob2k1 12:51 pm
(12:51:26 PM): what a bitch
(12:51:31 PM): i guess we wait till 2015 then
thecoldone33 12:51 pm
(12:51:51 PM): your playing out exactly how he make fun of you like 2 days ago
(12:51:52 PM): hahaha

Ramirez

Wellington said:
I find this odd coming from someone who complains so much about others potentially breaking the rules.

There's nothing potential about it, rules have been broken against me, which is why I don't care. I mean really, after the 4th down fiasco and nothing being done about it, then seeing action taken against Luke because DM's feelings were hurt, should I really care that I traded a worthless player for another worthless player?

I'd gladly reverse the trade if that is deemed necessary. I was just trying to help a guy out that needed a QB to have at least some fun with the game. :lol

I don't mean to come off as being mad or anything, just seems like such a silly thing to bring up at this point, the trade didn't change anything for either of us really.

Ramirez said:
There's nothing potential about it, rules have been broken against me, which is why I don't care. I mean really, after the 4th down fiasco and nothing being done about it, then seeing action taken against Luke because DM's feelings were hurt, should I really care that I traded a worthless player for another worthless player?

I'd gladly reverse the trade if that is deemed necessary. I was just trying to help a guy out that needed a QB to have at least some fun with the game. :lol

I don't mean to come off as being mad or anything, just seems like such a silly thing to bring up at this point, the trade didn't change anything for either of us really.

Pretty sure the rules were updated after your "4th down fiasco", although I can't remember. It was someone vs striker and I made a suggestion for the rules to be changed and they were (although it was to make strikers 4th down attempt legal). I find the rules pretty simple now, but maybe thats cause I wrote em.

Ramirez

sableholic said:
Pretty sure the rules were updated after your "4th down fiasco", although I can't remember. It was someone vs striker and I made a suggestion for the rules to be changed and they were (although it was to make strikers 4th down attempt legal). I find the rules pretty simple now, but maybe thats cause I wrote em.

I think that sums it up. :lol

Water under the bridge, I was just bringing those things up as reasons to show how silly it was to bring up this trade that didn't do squat.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
I just brought it up because I realized it after someone asked why he was on the Vikings. I didn't even know and it had never crossed my mind. But I guess it's not "silly" to bring it up since you say you didn't know the rule. Now we all should know. Hooray. Also, the commishes now know they dun fucked up. ;D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LJ11 said:
:lol @ the avatar

:p

I'm actually still at work, haven't left yet. Might be a little later, but I "believe" I'm supposed to do something at 7 or 8 pm CST here. Not going to know what's going on till I get home.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nothing to say on that loss other than half my team decided to not show up. Worst game of the year by far by my offense, in particular my WRs and OL. Four sacks is more than unacceptable. Dominating performance by Bob's D.

Bob didn't believe me when I told him, and of course EA's replay cuts short, so here goes, Cutler hit as he threw, but still launches it 60 yards.

2zz59ua.jpg

261evmh.jpg

14j3z0g.jpg

wrho8w.jpg

And, I ask you kind gentlemen this - Would you rule this a fumble?

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17031244

LiveWire

Yea I'd rule that a fumble.

And holy shit! Perhaps Bob has uncovered the secret to the deep ball! You have to GET HIT WHILE THROWING! DUH! Why didn't I think of that?! Back to ze lab! :lol

Top Bottom