• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LJ11 said:
Nah, no fumble on that. Would probably get overturned on replay in the NFL. It is a Madden fumble though.

looked like a fumble, in real life if it was ruled a fumble I think it would stay that way.

Wellington said:
Nothing to say on that loss other than half my team decided to not show up. Worst game of the year by far by my offense, in particular my WRs and OL. Four sacks is more than unacceptable. Dominating performance by Bob's D.

Bob didn't believe me when I told him, and of course EA's replay cuts short, so here goes, Cutler hit as he threw, but still launches it 60 yards.

just looked at the stats, yep that was a really bad performance. I didn't have a lot of trouble on offense against bob, but looks like you did quite well on defense unlike me. so now who is in the wild card spots? It's gotta be close

edit: nm looks like atm its bob and cb in the wc spots with dcx and wellington one game out of the wc spot.

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
looked like a fumble, in real life if it was ruled a fumble I think it would stay that way.

just looked at the stats, yep that was a really bad performance. I didn't have a lot of trouble on offense against bob, but looks like you did quite well on defense unlike me. so now who is in the wild card spots? It's gotta be close

edit: nm looks like atm its bob and cb in the wc spots with dcx and wellington one game out of the wc spot.

Falcons last games: Colts, Bucs, Texans
Giants last games: Redskins, Cowboys, Jets
Eagles last games: Cowboys, Seahawks, Dolphins
Bears last games: Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders

Bears have it worse down the stretch, that is if the Raiders and Broncos play starters and play to win the game :p Same could be said about the Colts, although word has it Ryan is going to be murdered this game :( Slim chances for the Falcons.

Giants and Eagles seem to have the inside track.

DCX

Rorschach

Broncos owner: how does tomorrow look for you?

DCX said:
Bears have it worse down the stretch, that is if the Raiders and Broncos play starters and play to win the game :p
I said I'd rest my starters at the end if I clinched a spot, but Bob said he wanted me to hang 100 on him. I have no option other than to fulfill his request.

Wellington said:
And, I ask you kind gentlemen this - Would you rule this a fumble?

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17031244

Check this out: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17033127

I like how the ball comes out before the hit because it's pre-planned before the ball even got there that it was going to be called incomplete. smh

Birdman02

sableholic said:
I would say no fumble. Didn't a similar play happen in a Jets playoff game this season? I seem to remember Jim Leonhard being involved, but i'm too lazy to look for the replay. IIRC, it was ruled a fumble but overturned by replay.

LukeSmith

DCX said:

Bears have it worse down the stretch, that is if the Raiders and Broncos play starters and play to win the game :p Same could be said about the Colts, although word has it Ryan is going to be murdered this game :( Slim chances for the Falcons.

DCX

Eh, I think you've got it pretty bad down the stretch dude.
Joker, Batman and Superman.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Eh, I think you've got it pretty bad down the stretch dude.
Joker, Batman and Superman.
Pfft Bob's schedule is rough:
2i8fxn4.jpg

2zdw3mf.jpg

1620h7q.jpg

Free win to whoever guess the last guy right!

Mrbob

Rorschach!

Don't forget I own all playoff tiebreakers. I got this wild card on lock down if two of you three lose one of your last three games. But at least this time if I get the tiebreaker cheese it will be legit since I beat the falcons and giants in this six game winning streak to vault past for the WC lead.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Walter Kovacs!

The Question!

Trick questions suck.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
Bam! MrBob loses! It was your only hope, boobs! Unfortunately, Matrix already got his free win via Madden glitchery!

:lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
just looked at the stats, yep that was a really bad performance. I didn't have a lot of trouble on offense against bob, but looks like you did quite well on defense unlike me.

Thanks for noticing. I used most of the gameplan I prepped for you with a few tweaks. As is already known, Tuck is at DT for me at the moment with Sintim at the user controlled LE. I had Tuck next to Kiwanuka for the last two games but I noticed that they were weak at the point of attack against the run. So I ended up swapping Tuck and Stroud at the LOS and the results were extremely favorable. Stroud was a run stopping machine and Tuck was getting the penetration that I wanted him to since I was drawing away potential doubles with Sintim. I don't think I recorded a sack, but Bob was on the run all day and constantly throwing the ball away. Aside from a 22 yard pass to Forte and that 60 yard pass, 18 attempts for 52 yards is something I'd sign for anyday. Also I had Kenny Phillips on Greg Olsen all game. It took a bit of work to get that matchup consistently instead of an LB on him, especially since he was coming out in way more 2 WR sets than I anticipated keeping me in the base 4-3 but the results speak to how effective it was.

I just could not execute on O. My OL isn't as great as you guys make them out to be and Bob's guys were just shedding blocks like crazy and crushing me in the backfield. I didn't try very hard tho, since I was down 17-0 in the first quarter. The game was all about the TOs and that KR TD to start.

I don't get how I have the inside track when I have tie breakers over no one mentioned. I need to win out and hope that CB and DCX loses 1 or Bob loses 2. You also forgot to include Bluemax in your scenario. Toughest remaining schedule is likely DCX, all three games are tough. I need to hope that Somnia can pull off the sweep over CB.... and let's be real here, Broncos/Bears will likely be simmed. :lol

I like how the ball comes out before the hit because it's pre-planned before the ball even got there that it was going to be called incomplete. smh

There was a play in our game, Forte was running up the gut... a defender touched him and the whistle was blown and the play was called dead but Forte was still running. :lol He started to fall as the cutscene came up. :lol :lol

I'm getting worse and worse at this game. I've built up a pretty talented team but my record is worse. Maybe it's time to retire :(

Or maybe I could play the role of general manager and someone else can control playing the Dolphins!

BigAT

Rorschach said:

I've had that happen to me a few times, it seems to occur more frequently with RBs for me. I have had situations like the above clip, but even worse, where the player wasn't in traffic and never got hit. They catch it, take a few steps and then for whatever reason the ball comes out when it is clearly a catch. It's odd, I really don't remember this behavior happening at all for the first few months the game was out, then it seemed to creep its way in.

Rorschach said:
Thursday.

Hey, I see BigAT is signed back in! Welcome back! We are almost complete again. :eek:
Yeah, I got my console back last night. Well, actually they shipped me a new one instead of repairing mine.

Time to get prepared for the playoff race. I'm glad I managed to miss only two games, but the Packers were 0-2 during that time and Bob gained two games on me, putting him only one back. My ultimate nightmare is if he manages to tie my record but takes the division on tiebreakers despite being 0-2 against me in the regular season. I'll personally fly a plane into Ian Cummings office.

daw840

BigAT said:
I've had that happen to me a few times, it seems to occur more frequently with RBs for me. I have had situations like the above clip, but even worse, where the player wasn't in traffic and never got hit. They catch it, take a few steps and then for whatever reason the ball comes out when it is clearly a catch. It's odd, I really don't remember this behavior happening at all for the first few months the game was out, then it seemed to creep its way in.

Yeah, I got my console back last night. Well, actually they shipped me a new one instead of repairing mine.

Time to get prepared for the playoff race. I'm glad I managed to miss only two games, but the Packers were 0-2 during that time and Bob gained two games on me, putting him only one back. My ultimate nightmare is if he manages to tie my record but takes the division on tiebreakers despite being 0-2 against me in the regular season. I'll personally fly a plane into Ian Cummings office.

It's OK AT, You'll win this afternoon for sure.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
I don't get how I have the inside track

I think.....*gasp*....I think he might be saying that I'm a free win for you!

If it keeps CB out of the playoffs, then I'll take a knee in my own endzone and we can just practice punting.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
I think.....*gasp*....I think he might be saying that I'm a free win for you!

If it keeps CB out of the playoffs, then I'll take a knee in my own endzone and we can just practice punting.
Never, fuck that. I only want in if I deserve to get in, and right now I don't deserve in.

Besides you're not a free win to me, I think you swept me in year one. Somnia is also going to be looking to beat the shit out of me and Denog has one of the best D's in the league along with the best OL and Dwayne Bowe. My D is up for the challenge as I've focused on it and it alone for the past few weeks, but I need to trash my current O and go with something else.

PBY

Banned
just a heads up, the GAF Fifa team is looking for more players- its pretty chill, ie just play whenever you want/can- if you wanna join just post in the Fifa club thread

daw840

peterb0y said:
just a heads up, the GAF Fifa team is looking for more players- its pretty chill, ie just play whenever you want/can- if you wanna join just post in the Fifa club thread
IDK, if Hunter is in that league I don't think I can take two leagues worth of whining.....Plus, he will probably just try to steal inbounds passes.

Mrbob

Wellie, you need to beat Mass Effect. My Madden prep nowadays consists of playing Mass Effect 2 instead. It is working so far!

Mrbob

Having a steam chat with SLO, Daw you need to use these words as motivation to defeat the packers!

SloForce: who the fuck is sucking it up with the vikes
SloForce: hasslebeck?
SloForce: fuck that guy
SloForce: tell him he has shamed my state
SloForce: and my team
SloForce: take that KC mess back to Mizzou

You can still turn the season around Daw! Play for pride!

daw840

Mrbob said:
Having a steam chat with SLO, Daw you need to use these words as motivation to defeat the packers!

SloForce: who the fuck is sucking it up with the vikes
SloForce: hasslebeck?
SloForce: fuck that guy
SloForce: tell him he has shamed my state
SloForce: and my team
SloForce: take that KC mess back to Mizzou

You can still turn the season around Daw! Play for pride!
Shame.jpg

Once Brett "Jesus" Favre retired I was stuck with TJack. I took JRuss hoping he would progress and be a franchise QB. Now I have fallen back on Hasslebeck. I am sorry Slo. The franchise started out so well too. Falling from 12-4 to 4-12 is probably the worst thing about all of this. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
Once Brett "Jesus" Favre retired I was stuck with TJack. I took JRuss hoping he would progress and be a franchise QB. Now I have fallen back on Hasslebeck. I am sorry Slo. The franchise started out so well too. Falling from 12-4 to 4-12 is probably the worst thing about all of this. :(
Holy shit.... real (Madden) life Herm Edwards/Barry Switzer confirmed. Taking other players' good teams and promptly running them right into the ground!!

Bob, tell SLO to STFU. None of this would have happened if he had sacked up and played with us.

DCX

DCX
10-6, 8-8, and currently 7-6. Team is finding it's identity now. I do believe our swan song season ( 3 ) will give me the best shot to win the division and ultimately put me in place for a serious playoff run.

DCX

daw840

Wellington said:
Holy shit.... real (Madden) life Herm Edwards/Barry Switzer confirmed. Taking other players' good teams and promptly running them right into the ground!!

Bob, tell SLO to STFU. None of this would have happened if he had sacked up and played with us.

Rub it in why don't you. Funny thing though, I haven't really moved all of that much around. Other than the QB position. I think it's got to do with the rest of league just getting better at this game than I am. :/

Rorschach

I think you got discouraged after that bad season, but it's not JRuss' fault that AD and Harvin got injured. After that, the QB was asked to throw a lot more to lesser WRs and there was no AD to dump it off to on the HB pass. Even if it was Favre, he would have struggled with that.

The North hasn't changed that much in terms of skill or even the teams themselves.

That said, tell Slo to get his ass over here since Daw is leaving us. >:| I told him in the thread, but he didn't listen.

daw840

Rorschach said:
I think you got discouraged after that bad season, but it's not JRuss' fault that AD and Harvin got injured. After that, the QB was asked to throw a lot more to lesser WRs and there was no AD to dump it off to on the HB pass. Even if it was Favre, he would have struggled with that.

The North hasn't changed that much in terms of skill or even the teams themselves.

That said, tell Slo to get his ass over here since Daw is leaving us. >:| I told him in the thread, but he didn't listen.

Maybe....as a side note, why does everyone refer to Peterson as AD? Shouldn't it be AP?

LiveWire

Cmon Daw stick around for one more season. :) You can win with the Vikes; Harvin will have upgraded even more, AP will still be a beast.

daw840 said:
Maybe....as a side note, why does everyone refer to Peterson as AD? Shouldn't it be AP?

AD for "All Day"

daw840

LiveWire said:
Cmon Daw stick around for one more season. :) You can win with the Vikes; Harvin will have upgraded even more, AP will still be a beast.

AD for "All Day"

Yeah, yeah. I might. Unless Hasslebeck retires....lol

Top Bottom