• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

LiveWire said:
Yea, because I have the power to boot Sinistar who's already logged in as the Lions. :lol

Sinistar, I'm around all night tonight to play. PLEASE check the thread more often if you're going to be taking control of a team. You have my AIM now too, so message me there if that's more convenient for you.

Reposting for new page.

Mrbob

Yeah I think it is only fair for AT to control his playoff destiny from here on out.

Hasslechicken needs a big game for the Vikes!

daw840

Mrbob said:
Yeah I think it is only fair for AT to control his playoff destiny from here on out.

Hasslechicken needs a big game for the Vikes!

LOL, without my DL at full health I will be completely fucked against AT.

Honestly, I would be fucked anyways.....

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
LOL, without my DL at full health I will be completely fucked against AT.

Honestly, I would be fucked anyways.....
Would a fully intact DL for you even make much of a difference? My DL has had almost zero impact over the entire length of the OF.

daw840

Wellington said:
Would a fully intact DL for you even make much of a difference? My DL has had almost zero impact over the entire length of the OF.

IDK, I get some really good pressure with my front four. They also stop runs really well, but there always seems to be one or two real big breakout runs. Once they get past my DL, I'm pretty much fucked it seems. Easy 10-20 yards.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
IDK, I get some really good pressure with my front four. They also stop runs really well, but there always seems to be one or two real big breakout runs. Once they get past my DL, I'm pretty much fucked it seems. Easy 10-20 yards.
Well yeah Fat Pat and Kevin would make a difference in the running game, just like Fat Al for the Skins in this game.

Right now my DL from left to right is rated at 85, 88, 87, 91 yet I'm still boned by even the shittiest of OL in terms of pass rush. Before I just had good ends, now my DT quality is jawesome as well, so I am totally miffed at their inability to beat one on ones.

bluemax

Banned
storybook77 said:
I might be able to play late tonight but we'll see. My brother and his family are in town this week. He'll be leaving for Korea for a year next month so I'm trying to get in as much time as possible with them.

No worries, if the advance isn't until Saturday then I can wait. I'm on the West Coast so late for you is still reasonable for me, just drop a line in the thread or hit me up on AIM if you get a chance.

BTW You hobos should all buy the MisAdventures of PB Winterbottom on XBLA today. I worked on the student version while in college! Support my friends and buy their awesome game! Only 800 MS points!

daw840

bluemax said:
No worries, if the advance isn't until Saturday then I can wait. I'm on the West Coast so late for you is still reasonable for me, just drop a line in the thread or hit me up on AIM if you get a chance.

BTW You hobos should all buy the MisAdventures of PB Winterbottom on XBLA today. I worked on the student version while in college! Support my friends and buy their awesome game! Only 800 MS points!

Isn't that the old man who wants to get more pie? I saw a spot on Xplay with one of the designers. Looked.......weird, but if it supports someone I know, I'll buy it!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
When Pat Williams was in the game, I could barely get back to the line. I had no one to bounce it outside since I don't have much speed, but even when I got out there, his DEs (especially Allen) were there to stop me. Williams would also catch my guys from behind. :| As soon as he left, I could run much better (especially to the side ol' Pat left vacant). The first half I think I had a 1 yard average. :< Sure, I didn't run it much in the first, but it's not like I could have anyway. Second half was a 4 yard average.

Somnia

bluemax said:

Done :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
When Pat Williams was in the game, I could barely get back to the line. I had no one to bounce it outside since I don't have much speed, but even when I got out there, his DEs (especially Allen) were there to stop me. Williams would also catch my guys from behind. :| As soon as he left, I could run much better (especially to the side ol' Pat left vacant). The first half I think I had a 1 yard average. :< Sure, I didn't run it much in the first, but it's not like I could have anyway. Second half was a 4 yard average.
Hmmm, I wish I could have played against this revamped Vikings DL! Fat Albert did not bother me too much - 191 yards on 32 carries and 6 rushing TDs. :lol

Sucks we can't keep stats from one season to another, I don't remember how I did running the ball against Daw. SMH as usual @ EA.

TheCrow

daw840 said:
Isn't that the old man who wants to get more pie? I saw a spot on Xplay with one of the designers. Looked.......weird, but if it supports someone I know, I'll buy it!
:lol Yeah, that's the one. I saw a little of it on a Giantbomb Quick Look. At the very least it has a very charming art style and the developers were genuinely having a good time explaining the background and mechanics of the game. and who doesn't like pie. :p

daw840 said:
Aren't you one of the few teams that still runs a 4-3 base? If so I'm looking forward to our match up next week. Now please tell me you will be available to play this weekend.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Fat Albert did not bother me too much - 191 yards on 32 carries and 6 rushing TDs. :lol

Whatever. Fat Al did his job, the weakness on the line is Raevon Hines, my 2nd year 74 OVR LE. EA took Philip Daniels away from me, he regularly abuses you in scrimmages. I had to either draft, pick up a DE in FA or trade for one. My DE depth was further exacerbated by EA dropping Andre Carter 6 points despite putting up good numbers. Anyway, next year Hines will be 80, so that should be a better calibration of my run defense.

But since you like to talk smack, I will put Orakpo at DE next game. Hope Cousin David is ready to carry the Giants.

daw840

TheCrow said:
:lol Yeah, that's the one. I saw a little of it on a Giantbomb Quick Look. At the very least it has a very charming art style and the developers were genuinely having a good time explaining the background and mechanics of the game. and who doesn't like pie. :p

Aren't you one of the few teams that still runs a 4-3 base? If so I'm looking forward to our match up next week. Now please tell me you will be available to play this weekend.

Yes, yes I do. I really need to stop running it so much though I think. I should be available for you to kick my ass this weekend.

LiveWire

daw840 said:
Yes, yes I do. I really need to stop running it so much though I think. I should be available for you to kick my ass this weekend.

Have you been using Moss? Screens and drag routes. Get him the ball, he's still fast as hell. Also, if your playbook has Jet Sweep or a similar end-around running play, use it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Whatever. Fat Al did his job, the weakness on the line is Raevon Hines, my 2nd year 74 OVR LE. Even Kedric Golston (73 OVR DT) has done very well. Next year Hines will be 80, so that should be a better calibration of my run defense.

But since you like to talk smack, I will put Orakpo at DE next game. Hope Cousin David is ready to carry the Giants.
Orakpo in the updated non-franchises rosters is a monster. OF Orakpo doesn't care how he plays because he's likely going to get traded two more times. He's undersized and will get pushed around by my OL wherever you put him.

Just for this I should run for 200 more on you. It was 191 yards without Andre "Baby Juggernaut" Brown, he comes back in time for our matchup, friend. What are you going to do? Put 10-11 in the box? I'll drop 250 if you do, after Jacobs and Brown break the tackles from your LBs and DBs close to the LOS.

Crow: I came back to the 4-3. How many teams switched to a 3-4? I have the personnel to run a 3-4 more than a 4-3 at this point. Right now I have like 4 good LBs on the bench. :|

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
Orakpo in the updated non-franchises rosters is a monster. OF Orakpo doesn't care how he plays because he's likely going to get traded two more times. He's undersized and will get pushed around by my OL wherever you put him.

Just for this I should run for 200 more on you. It was 191 yards without Andre "Baby Juggernaut" Brown, he comes back in time for our matchup, friend. What are you going to do? Put 10-11 in the box? I'll drop 250 if you do, after Jacobs and Brown break the tackles from your LBs and DBs close to the LOS.

:lol :lol

LiveWire

Wellington said:

Bitch I will hold you to under 100 yards, guaran-fucking-teed.

Do yourself a favor. Stop by CVS on the way home from work tonight and pick up some lube. Actually, forget CVS. Go to Costco. You're gonna need A LOT.

daw840

LiveWire said:
Have you been using Moss? Screens and drag routes. Get him the ball, he's still fast as hell. Also, if your playbook has Jet Sweep or a similar end-around running play, use it.

Oh yes, definitely use Moss. One of my best acquisitions actually. I line Moss and Harvin up in the return formation that has 2 KRs deep as well. If they kick left, they get Moss, if they kick right, they get Harvin. Works very well.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Bitch I will hold you to under 100 yards, guaran-fucking-teed.

Do yourself a favor. Stop by CVS on the way home from work tonight and pick up some lube. Actually, forget CVS. Go to Costco. You're gonna need A LOT.
Oh it's on now, BOY.

23rpduu.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:lol

Somnia is cool and all but he is not the villain that Shawn was. NFC Beast was awesome back then :|

It is now too, Somnia I kid. :D

CB3

i dont even need to post a picture. 6-0 against you in madden 10 says it all.

7-0 if you count the 60 point beatdown i put on you with the Jets in the Tournament

TheCrow

Wellington said:
Crow: I came back to the 4-3. How many teams switched to a 3-4? I have the personnel to run a 3-4 more than a 4-3 at this point. Right now I have like 4 good LBs on the bench. :|

I was under the impression that most of the league was moving toward the 3-4. I'm thinking of looking at the Multiple D playbook but I'm not sure about which plays from the 3-4 and 4-3 it will have.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
i dont even need to post a picture. 6-0 against you in madden 10 says it all.

7-0 if you count the 60 point beatdown i put on you with the Jets in the Tournament

Hey we all can't have fantasy football rosters. :lol

CB3

LiveWire said:
Hey we all can't have fantasy football rosters. :lol

pretty sure i beat you down with the Jets. When Sanchez was stinking it up in the regular season too

LiveWire

TheCrow said:
I was under the impression that most of the league was moving toward the 3-4. I'm thinking of looking at the Multiple D playbook but I'm not sure about which plays from the 3-4 and 4-3 it will have.

Multiple D playbook sucked the few times I tried it. Same with the base 4-3 playbook. It's missing a few vital formations that only appear in team playbooks.

Add that to the Madden 11 wishlist: the ability to use a custom playbook of any combination of formations/plays in online franchise. No user-created plays of course, but anything that exists in the Madden repository. You wanna run nothing but 12 different playbooks of shotgun formations? You should be able to customize accordingly. :D

Edit: :lol at Somnia

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheCrow said:
The game breaker for me with the Multiple D playbook was that I could not get a four man front with nickel, that is important for me because I can field a decent DL.

No matter, the move to 3-4 was a move to stop the run, which I found to be retarded in this league since it's basically me and DCX that are the only ones dedicated to running the ball in the NFC.

CB3

LiveWire said:
Yea because the Bears are such a juggernaut in the NFL right now. :lol

You chose the bears not me. Id say they were about pretty even at the time we played.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Multiple D playbook sucked the few times I tried it. Same with the base 4-3 playbook. It's missing a few vital formations that only appear in team playbooks.

Add that to the Madden 11 wishlist: the ability to use a custom playbook of any combination of formations/plays in online franchise. No user-created plays of course, but anything that exists in the Madden repository. You wanna run nothing but 12 different playbooks of shotgun formations? You should be able to customize accordingly. :D

Edit: :lol at Somnia
I agree with this but it should be limited to X amount of plays. It's pretty stupid that I could use the 3-4 then the 4-3 in the same season and can't really cross between them in game.

Guy guys... me and the Texans beat up on CBs Jets, so it's not a big deal.

Somnia

Wellington said:
The game breaker for me with the Multiple D playbook was that I could not get a four man front with nickel, that is important for me because I can field a decent DL.

No matter, the move to 3-4 was a move to stop the run, which I found to be retarded in this league since it's basically me and DCX that are the only ones dedicated to running the ball in the NFC.

I was last season, but I can't run for shit this season for some reason =( My oline isn't opening shit for my run game.

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
With as many high draft picks as you've had there's no reason for you to not have a Fantasy team now

We've had a grand total of 2 drafts, and only 1 year of progression for the first-year draft picks. Almost all of my draft picks are currently starters, with a backup QB (released) and a DE (backup) being the exceptions. So, yea, you can shut the fuck up when you have a power team to start with.

Birdman02

GG Fifty. Everything just seemed to go my way in that one. Of course, a lot of that probably has to do with Flacco and Keller being out.

I still have a very slim chance at a .500 season...I only have to beat Nightz, Striker, AND LJ. :(

Top Bottom